Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > MHP > IsoFast 50

MHP IsoFast 50

IsoFast 50 MHP
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (8 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for IsoFast 50 (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
Buy Now Buy IsoFast 50 Thousands of Supplements! Buy IsoFast 50
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
iSatori Bio Gro Reviews
Bio Gro (20 Reviews)
AllMax IsoFlex Reviews
IsoFlex (27 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

MHP IsoFast 50
MHP is releasing their new protein which will be called IsoFast 50. Just saw it ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

IsoFast 50 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    IsoFast 50 Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Taste (7)
    • Builds Muscle (6)
    • Micronized Bcaas (6)
    • Low Calorie/fat (5)
    • Pricey (6)
    • Sodium Content Is Kinda High (4)
    March 8, 2011

kevO

Reviews: 71

Age: 28

March 8, 2011
     I was privaleged enough to get this new protein made by MHP, as soon as it came out from a good buddy of mine that is a supplement distributor(thanx Orlando). I am a HUGE fan of Dymatize proteins, and have been using them religiously for years. However, I got a tub of this for free so I figured what the hell, might as well give it a shot. To be completely honest, I must say I was pleasantly surprised by IsoFast50...

:Overview of Product/Product Claims:

-50 grams of 'Highly Anabolic Whey Protein Isolate*Micronized Whey Protein Isolate
    -Biohydrolized for ultra fast absorbtion(similar to Hydrowhey, but supposedly absorbs even quicker)
    -Loaded with micronized BCAAs, essential amino acids and glutamine
    -Helps prevent catabolic muscle wasting

Isofast50 is a microparticulated whey protein isolate, which essentially means, the protein particle size is smaller than typical isolates, which allows for faster absorption and greater release of free amino acids.
    It also includes a nice digestive enzyme matrix which also allows for better/quicker absorption.

I could not find an actual Amino profile for this protein, which was slightly disappointing.

:Taste/Texture/Mixability:

I got the vanilla flavor, and there is nothing really bad I can say about it. It tasted like a quality vanilla protein. It was not too overpowering and definitely was not bland. When mixed with water it is pretty good, but nothing to write home about. When mixed with milk it was extremely tasty. Overall, it was very easy to mix and was smooth and enjoyable.

:Effectiveness:

As most of you know, it can be a bit tough to gauge the 'realistic' effectiveness of protein supplements, but I actually felt noticeable differences between IsoFast50 and the other proteins I have tried in the recent past. Recovery was up slightly while using IsoFast50, but the most noticeable difference was the absorption/digestibilty. In terms of absorption/digestibility, compared to my beloved Dymatize Whey Isolate, IsoFast50 is superior in my honest opinion. Dymatize gives me slight utilization problems(ie. gas/gurgly stomach), nothing serious, but nonetheless noticeable. IsoFast50 on the other hand, seemed to be utilized much better and sat in my stomach very nicely, without any adverse feelings whatsoever. As I said before, a slight increase in recovery was noted, but nothing out of this world.

:Value:

22servings at 50grams per serving(44servings at 25grams) for around $40. Comes out around $1 per serving, not great, but not bad either.
    To me this is pretty reasonable, especially considering the quality of this protein. When compared to its closest competitor, Hydrowhey, it is sooo much cheaper per serving.
    Hydrowhey- 40servings at 30grams per for about $55
    Overall, I would say IsoFast is a pretty decent value.

Initially I was skeptical about this protein, but it was a nice surprise and was very effective. It has a great profile, with micronized BCAAs and glutamine, and a highly absorbable, quality protein source. Its definitely worth giving a try if you are looking for something new.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quality Protein
    • Good Profile
    • Digestive Enzymes
    • Micronized Bcaas
    • Low Calorie/fat
    • Maximum Absorption
    steelforce
    steelforce

Joined: 8/2009
    Reviews: 8
    Reputation: +395
    Nice review KevO I will try this someday.

joeoftwins
    joeoftwins

Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +199
    Nice, maybe my next whey isolate after IntraPro runs out.

Reply #3:

Joined: 8/2010
    Reputation: +801
    Seems like great stuff but my short arms and deep pockets will keep me from dropping a 40oz on this one!+

Reply #4:
    Manimal
    Manimal

Joined: 11/2009
    Reviews: 55
    Reputation: +3478
    Excellent review bro. Have been wondering about this stuff for a while and you definitely filled me in on the specs I was wondering about. Well done.

Reply #5:

CKam0011

Joined: 3/2011
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: 0
    I just ordered a tub of this today b/c of how good this review was, I've been using "up your mass" by MHP for about a month now and def. put on a couple good/lean LB's from it...great review

March 29, 2013

cssrss

Reviews: 12

Age: 27

March 29, 2013
     Hey all you slaves of the iron, all you devotees of the deadlift, and everyone on their road to glorious muscle. Here is my review of MHP's ISOFAST 50!

Ingredients

So here we have a whey protein isolate with a tagline. You know, it's one of those "ingredients but now in a specially processed kind of way" situation. MHP lists that the 25 grams of protein comes from "...advanced Micronparticulation and Biohydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate...". What this basically boils down to is an isolate that is very close to being hydrolized without actually getting there. Marketing pseudoscience or legitimate ingredients? Let's find out...

Taste: 8/10 Vanilla
    Mix: 6/10

So I split the grades in two because this is where the product faltered. Although the vanilla taste was light, natural, and pleasant, there was the issue of mixing the product. Clumpy dust balls will no doubt gunk up certain shakers; eventually mixing after a prolonged shaking workout. The flavor is worth it, but MHP should definitely reconsider reformulating the product.

Effectiveness. 9/10

It is a whey protein supplement, so I grade it on digestion and muscle recovery. Both of these factors were surprisingly up to par. No GI distress, bloating, gas, or even a heavy stomach. Also, I felt that my strength and recovery did not suffer while drinking this as my sole whey source.

Price: 7/10

I was lucky enough to find this 50% off at Vitamin Shoppe, but the original price is way too expensive. I would only recommend buying this product on a sale.

So I really believe that this product does what it says. There is an incredibly fast digestion rate, and recovery was great! The few drawbacks are what really discourages me from purchasing the product again. I doubt I will find it for the same sale price, and the clumping dust particles were not fun to deal with when all you want is a recovery shake RIGHT THIS SECOND!
    March 19, 2013

WingedHussar

Reviews: 17

Age: 22

March 19, 2013
     I work at the Vitamin Shoppe and one day -wouldn’t you know it- this little gem of a protein was sitting on the top shelf in our protein section: half off. And now, about a month later, here we are with my review.

Ingredients: 9/10

Here they are-
    Biohydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate [Micronized Whey Protein Isolate, Micronized BCAAs (L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine), Biohydrolase (Peptidase Aspergillus Oryzae, Protease Aspergillus Oryzae, Aspergillus Melleus, Peptidase Aspergillus Niger)], Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavoring, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, And Carrageenan), Salt, Silica, Soy Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.
    I don’t often buy isolates because I feel it’s unnecessary to get that extra ‘speed’ in a protein. People have been getting huge and strong naturally without hydrolyzed isolates since forever, and they often aren’t worth the price. Regardless, they have a great blend of proteins in here. The isolate is a good base but then they add extra amino acids as well to speed up recovery.
    I always like when proteins have some small amount of digestive enzymes in them. It makes it easier to digest (especially if you’re lactose intolerant or you have trouble digesting tons of protein) and reduces protein flatulence or discomfort.

One thing that should be noted is that this product contains a good deal of salt: 550mg to be exact. Yikes! That’s higher than some varieties of ready-made rice! I know this is meant to be a post workout protein but there is no reason a product should have such an excessive amount of sodium (without explaining no less).

Taste: 8/10

Really nothing to complain about here. In water, it’s pretty meh. There’s a little protein grit and the small amount of flavoring used in the vanilla makes the protein taste come through. This changes completely when added to milk. Isofast isn’t very thick in milk, but it adds a semi-sweet vanilla flavor that I really enjoyed. The grit is still there just a bit but I can overlook it easily. If you decide to try this flavor, go ahead and use some orange juice with this. It makes a pretty darn good orange creamsicle styled shake. My body appreciated the extra carbs and potassium to balance out the salt as well.

Mixability: 6/10

MHP often micronizes their powders and this is no exception. While it’s wispy as smoke, this stuff mixes with incredible ease. There’s essentially no need for the whisk or strainer from shaker cups so leave them at home with this product. Just a few good shakes and there’s little to no clumping or grit. One thing I will say though is FOAM. My lord, I once mixed a little of this with milk before pouring it onto some cereal and the entire shaker was filled to the brim with thick, bubbling foam. It doesn’t ever really go away either and actually affects the mouth feel.

Effect/Recovery: 9/10

This is where things get good. Now with proteins I really don’t expect much in the way of recovery on a day to day basis, but this product legitimately surprised me. I put this product through the ringer: high volume leg days, callous-ripping back days, and arm workouts that make you feel like your arms would explode. I still experienced some DOMS from tons of heavy deadlifting and high rep squatting, but it was severely reduced. What normally would have been a day of me limping from place to place became just a minor annoyance. This was the sort of effect I would expect from products like the new celltech or other post-workout formulas, not a whey isolate. I also noticed that I wasn’t so exhausted several hours after my workouts either. I attribute this to the added aminos and the easily absorbing makeup of the protein as a whole. Top notch, it certainly impressed me.

Price: 7/10

You want me to spend 45 bucks for 22 servings?

*Cue expletives and the throwing of 45 lb weights*

Okay. I’ve seen worse, I’ll admit. But c’mon MHP, I know you’re pricing it juuust a tad lower than other high end whey isolates, but seriously, you’re selling the stuff that sifts to the top of a vat of cheese, not liquid gold. Because the number of servings is so low, I decided to take just a single scoop and bump it up to 44. Aaah, much more reasonable. 24/25 grams of protein per serving is pretty good, and the fact that I paid only 20 or so bucks for this makes the deal all the sweeter. At full price, using the suggested servings, this is highway robbery so they get marked down significantly for that.

Despite price and (some) mixability issues, this is actually a really great product. It delivers a good amount of high quality protein that you can see a difference with. The taste is more than satisfactory for any seasoned brother of the iron, and only prissy wimps will complain about it.

What this product doesn’t do is reinstate my faith in MHP. Recently they’ve let loose a stream of really poor products like Dopamite and (good God) Myo-X, their ‘myostatin inhibitor’. *fart noise*
    Thanks everyone for reading, I’m out.

Joined: 8/2010
    Reputation: +801
    Agreed.. this is a great protein but regular price is downright ridiculous. I was lucky to get this for 22$

July 31, 2012

Wolvie69

Reviews: 1

Age: 26

July 31, 2012
     This is the best post workout protein I ever used. First off, it's very micronized. This means very broken down and helps rebuild your muscles after a workout at a faster rate. It's a lean protein so it means you gain muscle mass without the fat. Mixing it isn't the greatest, but I got over that by putting water first and then adding the powder. Taste wise I prefer chocolate over vanilla. It can be pricey but it's worth it (also look on supplement warehouse, and if you find a cheaper competitor price, they'll beat it by 5%).
    hulkish1
    hulkish1

Joined: 8/2011
    Reviews: 63
    Reputation: +3046
    honestly if your going to review one of the best proteins do not scrible a couple lines of non-sense and call it a review. read kevO's review.

February 6, 2012

cjinscore

Reviews: 2

Age: 23

February 6, 2012
     I purchased this protein because it was on sale at the VitaminShoppe and I had my points reward certificate, so I got a really good deal on it. It looked to a decent WPI and I was happy to see MHP make a protein powder without soy protein.

Taste (10):

I got the chocolate, which when trying a new protein is usually the safest bet for me. It tasted pretty much like chocolate milk in about 8 oz of water (1 scoop). It was not chalky or gritty at all nor was it overly sweet.

Mixability (10 & 5):

I used IsoFast with Vitargo in my pre/post workout shakes and it mixed very well with water, with and without the vitargo. Its Biohydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, which is pretty much a fancy way of saying Micronized. This allows it to mix very well in water. I will say with a spoon it tended to clump more. With milk...horrible. Clumped on everything when I tried to mix it with milk. Needless to say that was the last time i tried doing that.

I feel as though this protein was very effective. It did not make me feel bloated, no gas, no bad aftertaste and I felt very satisfied with it when I would take it after a hard work out. I also think the BCAA's helped in recovery as well, although I was taking more BCAA's along with that.

Value:

At 41.99 from Bodybuilding.com that is pretty steep, especially if you use two scoops. I personally only use one, I think 50 grams of protein is stupid and a waste of money. Again, I got an awesome deal on it.

Overall:

The product is very high quality, has a good protein/carb/fat for a WPI. At 25 grams of protein 1 gram of fat and 6 grams of carbs, its really fairly decent, although you could pay a premium for something like ON Hydrowhey and get even less carbs. All in all, its a decent WPI, but not the best, and unfortunately I will not be buying again as I feel there are higher quality proteins to be had from better protein manufacturers.

I hope I included good points as this was my first review on here, anything that anyone would like to see in addition to what I have posted let me know, so I can know to give the information on future posts.

Thanks.
    August 9, 2011

LVB505

Age: 24

August 9, 2011
     AS of recently I been trying alot of MHP products. I wanted a fast acting protein and the for Iso Fast 50 looked pretty darn good to me so I said what the heck lets try this one out.
    Im not a big vanilla fan so I tried out the chocolate. The taste with water isn't bad at all, but nothing to praise. It mixed really good in water no clumps at all, so that was a plus. The taste in milk was a different story, It tasted bad ai not gonna lie it tasted just like a milk shake. However the mix ability wasn't too good. There were some clumps but not alot. Also I did not get the bloated feeling after taking a protein shake, so that was another plus.
    I was alot less sore after workouts, Iso Fast did help me recover pretty good. Only bad things about Iso Fast is that it has alot of Sodium, and its pricey when not on sale at "GNC" that is Also I wish it would have the Amino's profile on the tub. Overall its a pretty good fast acting protein powder. Give it a shot when its on "sale"

June 29, 2011

Age: 32

June 29, 2011
     hey everyone yet another MHP review. as some of you know i have been a big MHP fan (i think ive done about 8 reviews for them). I was very happy to try their first Protein Isolate. but i was a little disappointed.

price=6 its about 40 bucks for the online price and around 50 in most retailers. its almost 3 pounds but you only get 22 servings. thats like 1.50-2.00 a serving. not good.

taste=9 i had the vanilla and it was very good. not to sweet either.

mixability=7 no real paticals of anything but it does foam up. i could spoon out the foam at the end.

profile=8 i have mixed feelings here. its 50g of protein of one 2scoop serving. which is great but the sodium is over half a gram per serving. that is way to much. here is the rest of the profile

Biohydrolized Whey Protein Isolte (Micronized Protein Isolate, Micronized BCAA's (L-IsoLeucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine), Biohydrolase (Peptidase Aspergillus Oryzae, Protease Aspergillus Oryzea, Peptidase Aspergillus Melleus, Peptidase Aspergillus Niger), Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum and Carrageenan, Silica, Salt, Soy Leicithin, Acesulfame, Potassium and Sucralose.

as you can see it is micronized for fastest absorbtion possible. even the added BCAA's are also micronized. its a plus, what i dont like is the Soy Leicithin thats in here. even though its listed almost last i still dont like it.

I would only recommend this if you can get it for less that 40 bucks. its a very solid protein with very fast absobtion. i didnt get any "bathroom" runs but i just dont like the price and the amount of salt thats in here.

Joined: 2/2010
    Reviews: 62
    Reputation: +2878
    Very big nasty!!!

This has got to be review 130!!!

Reviews: 18
    Reputation: +758
    correction its 135!!!! big nasty has reviewed more supps then i have ever taken

Reply #3:

Joined: 2/2010
    Reviews: 62
    Reputation: +2878
    BigNasty,

Not to be a jerk (which I usually am), but maybe you should focus spending money on more whole foods rather than tons of supplements. I mean, your diet is #1, your routine is a close 2nd and supplements in my opinion are way down the list at #3.

Reply #4:
    madhungry
    madhungry

Joined: 7/2010
    Reviews: 4
    Reputation: +106
    I'm just going to start referring to you exclusive as the resident "supplement king". God knows u write these reviews perched on a throne of used protein tubs!!

Reply #5:

Joined: 6/2010
    Reputation: +694
    sigh, this is getting old. blade, i have a very clean diet. you dont lose 93lbs by suppes alone. BUT like i have said before this is a post workout protein. everyone uses post workout protein i just dont buy the same thing twice. i like to try new things. while most of you buy another tube of gold standard everyother month im trying somthing new and spending the same amount (sales). most of you have tried as much as me. but i try new things. i only spend about 100 bucks a month on suppes. i dont blame u blade but this is getting old.

Reply #6:

Joined: 6/2010
    Reputation: +694
    @madhungry, lol i dont use anymore protein than anyone else here. but while everyone else's throne is a homage to ON. mine is a plethora of different proteins

February 16, 2011

Isplisgardt

Reviews: 17

Age: 18

February 16, 2011
     Another great product made be MHP. I drink this every morning to start my day off and continue the recovery of my muscles. I've seen great gains in muscle size and strength. I would reccomend this product to anybody. To Maximize the full effects, take MHP Dark Rage as a pre workout, Dark Matter as a post workout And Probolic 12 before bed. When these four products being used and a solid and consistant workout routine you will see noticable gains in no time!
      GTpro900
      GTpro900

Reviews: 20
      Reputation: +89
      Sounds like somebody works for MHP

nfdff189
      nfdff189

Joined: 12/2009
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: 0
      you say it tastes great is it also less filling

Have you used IsoFast 50? Submit your own Review!