Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Recovery > MHP > Dark Matter

MHP Dark Matter

Dark Matter MHP
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (109 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 99% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Myogenix AfterShock Recovery Reviews
AfterShock Recovery (52 Reviews)
8.9
BioRhythm AfterGlow Reviews
AfterGlow (39 Reviews)
Optimum 2:1:1 Recovery Reviews
2:1:1 Recovery (26 Reviews)
Optimum Platinum Hydro Builder Reviews
Platinum Hydro Builder (25 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

A New Post-Workout Coming Form MHP Called: Dark Matter Zero Concentrate.
A new post-workout coming form MHP called Dark Matter Zero Concentrate this look...

A question about Dark Matter..?
So I have been hearing good things about Dark Matter, and am considering buying ...

Dark Matter or ON 100% gold standard with carb
I'm a fan of supplements, but with so many out there, it's hard to dec...

Trade: OxyElite Pro & Kre-Alkalyn For Dark Matter
I have a botle of OxyElite Pro, opened but I have only used 6 pills so there are...

xtend-Dark Matter-recon-whey
Im struggling to understand something here. Xtend is a bcaa for intra workout. R...

Dark Matter ?? Help in Mass Gains ?
I know this is post workout by MHP so I figured it was to help decrease soreness...

Dark Matter: Ok to use when cycling off creatine?
should i not take dark matter on my off cycle of creatine. or are the creatine l...

Cray's Transformation Log: Final Photos - Page 21
The Background: I lifted for a while in high school but time constraints and a...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Dark Matter is a post workout recovery supplement from MHP. It contains a blend of protein, carbohydrates and creatine to support full recovery from intense workouts.

Dark Matter Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Dark Matter Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery (78)
  • Builds Muscle (64)
  • Excellent Taste (51)
  • Great Post Workout Carb Source (43)
  • Could Be Cheaper (39)
  • Stop With The Dye! (24)
  • Not The Most Cost Effective Product (23)
  • Bigger Container Please =) (17)
May 13, 2011

Age: 22

May 13, 2011
 Awhile back I dabbled with an AM/PM workout split. Only thing I ever really took post workout was protein shakes, so I figured I might try & step it up some. Enter Dark Matter. Price aside, I was more than satisfied with DM, though I think some people missed the mark on taste. It was a good experience, & something I would buy again.

Taste/Texture: B-
When I first looked into this, I believe some users here said it was the best tasting...I strongly disagreed at first. I bought the Blue Raspberry, & it was almost the complete opposite from the best tasting, the first few times. It quickly grew on me & eventually I was looking foward to the taste. Definitely on the sweetside, but I grew to enjoy it. Taste alone kinda brought me back at times.

Texture/Mixability: A
I had no issues in this area. Shook/mixed up quick & smooth. Usually I would hafta sit there shaking the shaker cup a good while with other powders, but I was surprised at how easily it mixed for me. Given its texture, this was a big plus
Texture was odd. It was thick for sure, but felt light if that makes sense? It wasn't thick like a smoothie or milk shake, but almost like certain fruit juices. It feel thick, but goes down light.
DM gets an easy A here.

Effectiveness: B+
It was hard to gauge this properly, since I lifted AM & did cardio PM. I took it after my AM lift, as recommended, & it worked rather well. The few times I didn't have a PM session, I did notice much better recovery. It wasn't mind blwoing, but most definitely better.
I also stayed rather lean while using this. I used this during a part of my cut, due in large part to the fact I didn't feel like I was recovering fast enough. DM didn't negatively affect my cut, & I think I can say it helped it some. I stayed fairly lean, which was something I didn't expect.
Effectiveness grades out high, B+.

Value: C
This brings down my overall experience with DM. I payed around $42 for 20 servings at the Vitamin Shoppe...not good. The results were good, but hardly worth the price IMO. It was even on sale I believe. Doesn't get any easier, on BodyBuilding.com its around $34. Factor in shipping & it comes out to about the same.
Its a good product, but there are better values out there.
Value doesn't do so well despite a sale, gets an average C

Overall: B+
Price really knocked it down for me. Other than that I really enjoyed DM, & look foward to using it again. I got great recovery, stayed fairly lean, & even enjoyed the flavour despite some early rough spots.
All-in-all I was more than pleased with Dark Matter, & would almost definitely buy it again.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Taste Will Grow On You
  • Stayed Fairly Lean
  • Great Recovery
  • Interesting Texture

Joined: 11/2010
Reputation: +12
Sorry dude. I accidentally clicked no on the "found this helpful." In actuality it's a very good review. Sorry once again. I'm not sure how to take it back, or if I even can :(

Joined: 8/2009
Reputation: +2797
Thas alright man, as long as you found it helpful. All that matters is whether not it was helpful. Reps don't really matter much...much, haha
I'm sure someone will pick up the slack, LOL. Don't worry.

Joined: 11/2010
Reputation: +12
Was very, very helpful! Im definitely trying it on my next bulk. Thanks for being so coo about it. Hehe.

adam777
adam777

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 17
Reputation: +505
I like the grading system. Nice for a change, anyway, good review.

Reply #5:
madhungry
madhungry

Joined: 7/2010
Reviews: 4
Reputation: +106
^ LOL that's actually hilarious I was thinking about running my latest review in the same fashion with letter grades instead of the run of the mill number system. Ain't school a betch? hahahah Good review 'cole

Reply #6:
Superdude246
Superdude246

Joined: 8/2013
Reviews: 2
Reputation: +26
Would you prefer this over optimum nutritions 2:1:1 recovery?

Reply #7:

Joined: 8/2009
Reputation: +2797
I've never used 2:1:1, so I can't really answer that.

July 6, 2010

Age: 26

July 6, 2010
 Being new to both lifting and supplements in general when I started my stack I pretty much picked a post-workout supp at random. As stated, I am a novice when it comes to strength training, but wanted to offer a review from such a perspective on Dark Matter.

EFFECTIVENESS: 10/10
I gained 2 lbs of solid muscle in my first tub of this product. That may not seem like a lot but considering I went from never lifting to lifting 5 days a week, I was impressed at how quickly the muscle mass began to pack on. My recovery while using DM was incredible. When I worked out in high school I would remain sore for days after a serious lifting session, and when I started lifting again this remained true. Not the case once I got on Dark Matter. Within minutes of drinking it I felt almost completely renewed and the following day usually felt only very little soreness. My weight/reps in ALL of my exercises increased during my time taking DM, and although the product was certainly not the sole reason for these gains I do feel it played a big role.

A few reviews remark that there's not enough Creatine in the product. Personally I felt that there was enough Creatine in 2 scoops of Dark Matter to satisfy my post-workout dosage. I still included a morning and pre-workout dose of Kre-Alkalyn in my stack.

TASTE: 10/10
I know a lot of reviews remark on the strange consistency of Dark Matter. For me I mixed the full two scoops with roughly 28 oz. of water in a shaker bottle (it calls for only 20 oz.) The consistency was only slightly thicker than water and almost the entire product dissolved without issue. The taste is INCREDIBLE. Straight up awesome. Even my wife, a British food snob, thought it tasted great. FYI I've only tried the Blue Raspberry flavor.

VALUE: 8/10
I think really the only drawback to this product is the cost. A tub contains 20 2 scoop servings, which lasted me a little over 4 weeks. Even online, the cheapest I could find a tub Dark Matter was $32.99 at VitaCost, which with shipping came to around $38.00. Outside of Pink Magic, Dark Matter is easily the most expensive product on my shelf, however it is comparable in price to other post-workouts (Aftershock). If you're strapped for cash, DM might not be the first thing to reach for, but if you can afford to spend a few bones then I do feel that Dark Matter is worth the price.

OVERALL: Great product and one that I am certainly glad I decided to try. I'm about to begin my second tub and am expecting to see even greater results.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery

Joined: 3/2009

bigworm89

Joined: 1/2010
    Reviews: 33
    Reputation: +2067
    This is the worst god damn review i have ever seen. You suck!

Joined: 6/2010
    Reputation: +2375
    So nice to have friends.

Reply #5:
    Skitz36
    Skitz36

Joined: 4/2012
    Reputation: +1
    This was a pretty decent review. But the 2 lbs you put on had alot to do with not lifting before. Our bodies are naturally lazy so it only absorbs wut it needs n builds muscle just so it doesnt have to work so hard. Unless you lift alot at work your body wasnt use to the demand you put on it. So your body was shocked which is a good thing and built that muscle as fast as possible to minimize the stress you put on it. Im not saying anything bad about you your review or the product but you said 2 lbs was a surprise. And it is def poss to do thay while eatting properly n lifting hard hard but now you should take this again and give results again. Again no neg towards you im happy it work just spreading some knowledge for ne1 who doesnt know. Happy to hear it works and you liked it. Ive been thinking about taking this for a while now myself.

January 19, 2010

Age: 19

January 19, 2010
     I just finished my first tub of Dark Matter. Heres what i have to say. I gained 5 pounds (Not water weight or fat) In the month i was taking this. Everyone complains about the thickness of this when mixed with water. i HIGHLY recommend you buy a blender bottle. i have two and i swear by them. The fruit punch is pretty good, no complaints on the taste what so ever. You mix it with 12 oz of water and down immediately after your workout. Then an hour later i take an AMPlified wheybolic shake (GNC). Thats what the label calls for. i upped my workouts and really put this product to the test and it passed with flying color. I also noticed after taking this, i wasnt hungry for hours. I didnt have to stuff food down my throat by any means, but i could get my last couple meals of the day without any hesitation to snack on some cheez itz or junk food. My guess is the Waximaze causes this since it is so slow breaking down. Hear good things with little to no side effects, why not try them out? That was how i went with this. MHP is a legit company. Dren, Dark Rage, and Dark Matter have all worked out great for me. they are not overly priced either. Go with it
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Appetite Decreased After Consuming
    • Great Recovery
      agedrums
      agedrums

Joined: 7/2010
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: 0
      Hey wats up man i just turned 17 im 5"9 148 pounds and ive been working out for about 4 months now. i went through 2 tubs of the dark matter and i loved it i saw great results, and i just bought a bag of the amplified wheybolic 60 protein to try out and see if i like it. A lot of my friends have started to take pre workout supplements (pills) like force factor or megamen extreme athlete. i want to just stick to one, pre or post workout supplement, and i want to get up to around 160 by gaining mass. would you suggest i stick to a pre or post workout supplemenet?

Derrick11
      Derrick11

Joined: 12/2011
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: 0
      I read ur profile and it says that you take compound 20, how did you get your hands on that already?

Joined: 11/2009
      Reputation: +3478
      Read my review..

October 23, 2009

Reviews: 38

Age: 19

October 23, 2009
       Dark Matter by MHP is a protein and carbohydrate post-workout recovery supplement. This product is intended to be taken immediately after a workout and one hour before taking any other supplements or eating.
      Product Claims:
      * Absorbs faster that whey isolate
      * 600% increase in protein synthesis
      * Dramatically spikes insulin
      * Creatine transport
      * Replenishes glycogen stores and increases cell volume
      Personal Experience:
      *Smell: 7/10
      -It smelled like fruity bubblegum in the container. Once it was mixed with water it smelt more like fruit and berries, but for the most part the smell went away.
      *Taste: 7/10
      -Not big on the taste. It wasn’t the best tasting product that I’ve ever had, but it wasn’t the worst either.
      *Solubility: 4/10.
      -I had to shake this stuff pretty good. It mixed pretty quickly on shaking, but it still wasn’t very soluble, kind of ‘mixing’ with the water and ‘expanding’. However, this is not the sort of product that ‘dissolves’, as I realized on seeing its texture after ‘mixing’.
      *Texture: 5/10
      -The texture was completely unexpected, Dark Matter was thick with the consistency of sludge. There seemed to be a bunch of air bubbles throughout it. I thought I was going to have to get out a spoon to eat it. I tried adding more water, but it didn’t really help much
      *Effects: NA
      -I cannot really comment on effects “Absorbs faster that whey isolate”, “600% increase in protein synthesis”, and “Dramatically spikes insulin” as I didn’t really notice any effects compared to any other post workout shake. To add to that, I would have to have used whey isolate in the same manner (i.e. post-resistance training) under the same conditions (i.e. re-hydration and last meal, etc.); and measured absorption rates of whey isolate and Dark Matter under ‘study’ conditions to know if this was better. A study over an extended period of time, using and NOT using Dark Matter for equal periods of time and with the same diet and training, to see whether there was any difference in protein synthesis whilst using Dark Matter. Also under study conditions (that included a placebo, as well as whey isolate), I would have to have blood tests to see what happened to my insulin levels post-serving (and the few hours afterwards).
      *Overall: 6/10
      -I was extremely disappointed with this product. I was expecting it to be on par with Universal’s Torrent, but Dark Matter gets blown out of the water. If you are looking for a post workout recovery shake, look into Torrent or AfterGlow.
      *Would I use again?
      *Would I recommend?
      -I really didn’t like this stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I had gains while using this product and know some guys that swear by it, it's nothing different than when I’m using much cheaper supplements. Because I personally did not like the product, I can't see that I'll be recommending it.
      -AP
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Very Strange Texture Whem Mixed
      • Strange Taste
      • Not The Most Cost Effective Product
      fireems
      fireems

Joined: 5/2009
      Reviews: 12
      Reputation: +8
      Very good and detailed rating. they all should be like this

dammit
      dammit

Joined: 10/2009
      Reviews: 27
      Reputation: +1021
      Good review petey. For the time being I'm sticking with Hydrowhey for post workout. I can't see spending the extra $ on something that claims 600% of anything, especially when they don't tell you how they came to such a large number. I know a lot of people love Dark Matter, but I think for me, 100% Whey, some creatine, and glutamine and I'll be all set.

matt77h
      matt77h

Joined: 3/2010
      Reviews: 21
      Reputation: +50
      I agree, great review. I personally seen great results from BSN's CellMass. I'm never gonig to try anything else from them though. USP woot woot! haha...

June 12, 2009

Reviews: 52

Age: 17

June 12, 2009
       I'd have to give this product a solid 8 in my book. I have only taken it about 7 or 8 time over the past month or so, so I can't really give a completely adequate review. I had to take a week off from weight lifting because of studies and school, so I didn't wanna waste the product. But I have pretty good things to say about this product regarding the times I have taken it. First of all, I made the very bad mistake of mixing 2 scoops in 10 ounces of water. It basically turned into quickcret lol. So make sure when you make it to add the recommended 20 ounces of water, because when you add adequate water, it mixes fine. It's a little thick, and it (the Blue-Raspberry) tastes like someone turned a blue-raspberry snow cone into a smoothie and watered down the taste. As far as effectivness, from the times I have taken it, I can definatley notice a difference in the fullness of my muscles. After I drink this, my chest and arms felt much fuller and you can feel the recovery process begining immediatley. The ingredient profile is great and I love that there is Waxi Maze starch, creatine, protein, and Amino Acids all in one product. I do recommened you heed their advice by taking this and THIS ONLY after your workout followed by a whey protein shake an hour later. This Dark Matter will hold you over for the hour until the shake and by the time you consume the whey shake, you muscles will already be in the recovery process due to the Dark Matter. If you take this by itself with no shake, the recovery isn't as good. All in all, it's a solid product and I would buy it again. The only problems I have with it is that there is only 12 g of protein / serving and it only comes in 20 serving tubs. If MHP upped the servings and the protein, it would be an even better product. I plan on taking this every day until the end of the month and then writting a more adequate review based on taking it continually for 2 or so weeks, so hopefully my next review will be a bit more insightful. But things are looking good for this product.
      -JF
      aelges
      aelges

Joined: 3/2009
      Reviews: 14
      Reputation: +44
      Great post!! I only gave this a 7 on my rating but I am going to give it another try based your well thought out post..thanks

Joined: 5/2009
      Reviews: 52
      Reputation: +1254
      Hey, np, anything i can do to help. I just HATE reading reviews that don't say how or why you think that way, so i always detail my reviews in order for people to understand how my experience went and then leave it up to them to decide if they want to take it or not. Bad reviews are just a pet peeve lol. Anything to help.

-JF

October 9, 2013

guccisawce

Reviews: 4

Age: 20

October 9, 2013
      Great for Bulking

Dark Matter is an post workout product sold by MHP. It is based around the idea of spiking your insulin in order transport nutrients to your muscles faster. Several of my friends have used it in the past and recommended it to me for use when bulking. I started taking it approximately two weeks after I left my school's boxing team. During this time I was naturally putting weight on fast, as I was weighing 175 lbs for boxing when I am naturally closer to 190 or 195.

Profile: (9.5/10)

Calories-240
      Fat-0g
      Total Carbohydrate-48g
      Sugars-10g
      Protein-12g

Dark Matter™ Proprietary Blend (Patent Pending) 60g

I would prefer that the amounts of all ingredients in the proprietary blend be given, however, all the ingredients in the blend are solid. There are a lot of ingredients in the blend, but I will just go over some of the highlights: waxy maize, creatine, and various amino acids. All the ingredients included in this product are solid, and I believe that the profile of this product is outstanding.

Taste: (8.5/10)

I had the blue raspberry flavor. It had a pleasant, sweet taste and a slightly slimy consistency. While having a slightly slimy consistency may sound somewhat disgusting, I felt it made the taste much better. While some supplements are a chore to try and choke down, I actually enjoyed Dark Matter.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

I felt that this product was very effective at helping me build muscle and become stronger. I was able to make consistent, rapid gains. My bench press went from 225 for 3 reps to 225 for 10 reps over the life of this product (1 month). I definitely felt a difference in strength and recovery between using this and a more basic protein powder.

Value: (7/10)

At $35 for 20 servings, this product is overpriced in comparison to other post workout products. Another problem is that there is only one container size (2.6 lbs). If they offered a larger sized container it could help make this product much more cost effective.

Overall: (910)

This product definitely helped me make some games, however, its price prevents me from purchasing it for use every month, but when I have some extra cash and bulking, I'll pick a tub or two up. Some other products I've taken that are similar to this are Torrent by Animal and Myozene by BioQuest, and I prefer this product to both.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Interesting Texture
      June 22, 2013

WarMachine

Reviews: 75

Age: 24

June 22, 2013
      Superior Recovery!!!

Dark Matter, MHP's answer to remarkable recovery? Let us find out!!!!

Dark matter is a product designed to enhance recovery by aiding in the regeneration of glycogen stores, support favorable insulin levels, increase protein synthesis, and provide a subsequent source of efficiently transferable creatine. For those of you who've followed my log know that I've used dark matter consistently for a little over 2 months now. I've included it in both my on cycle run with Epi-1-Test and throughout PCT. From my experience, I've found dark matter to be remarkably effective at increasing recovery, decreasing DOMS, and enhancing overall muscular integrity.

Taste/Mixability (8): Dark matter comes in three flavors including blue raspberry, grape, and fruit punch. I've used blue raspberry and grape. I found both flavors to be actually quite decent. Blue raspberry is a bit tart and can be a little unpleasant for those of a more sensitive taste palate. The same thing goes for grape. However, for those of us who've experienced a broad spectrum of different tastes, the flavors are generally decent. Not as refreshing as Afterglow, but still good nonetheless. The mixability was also good, a few undissolved grains occasionally, but nothing to complain about.

Usage (10): I would prepare two scoops in 20oz of water as directed and down it right after my workout. I would then have my shake and meal about 45 minutes later.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (60.7g)
      Servings Per Container: 20

Sugars - 10g
      Dietary Fiber - 0g
      Protein - 12g

Dark Matter Proprietary Blend (Patent Pending) - 60g
      WaxiMAX-C3G Low Viscosity High Molecular Weight Osmotic Waxy Maize Starch With Molecular Dispersion Technology Waxy Maize, Maltoplex-18 Glucose Polymer, Dextrose, C3G Anthocyanidins

HydroSIZE: Multi-Phase Creatine Transport And Cell Volumizing Matrix
      InstaPeak (Instant Acting Peak Plasma Concentration Creatine Pyruvate), IntraPhase (Glucose Bound Creatine Gluconate), MicroTein (Microencapsulated Sustained Release Creatine Monohydrate), Glycerol Monostearate

ProSYNTHAGEN: Protein Synthesis Accelerator (Dual Portal Anabolic Amino Acid Infusion)
      Free Form Infusioni (L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Valine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Methionine), Leucrose Peptide Infusion (Leucine-Alanine Di Peptide)

Dark matter contains a full spectrum profile of complex carbs, amino acids, and creatine forms. My only complaint is that it is in a prop.l blend. However, at 60 g and for the benefits I achieved, dark matter deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

Complex carbs such as waxy maize and dextrose aid primarily in restoring glycogen stores depleted during intensive exercise. They also help in raising insulin levels. Insulin is important for the transport of nutrients and molecules into the muscles. Therefore, it is important to maintain adequete levels of this hormone when trying to recover efficiently.

Now for a little synopsis on the creatine complex. There are three forms of creatine in this product including the well known pure form of monohydrate, and the two modified forms pyruvate and gluconate. We're all pretty familiar with mono so I'll focus on the other two forms.

Creatine Pyruvate is the creatine mono molecule attached to pyruvic acid. Some studies have suggested that binding to pyruvic acid can help increase bioavailable creatine plasma levels, but they also found that the benefits were no different from general higher dose mono supplementation. In short, pyruvate can potentially work as an effective form of creatine, but would most likely not me a sufficient substitute for straight up mono.

Creatine gluconate is a form of creatine in which a molecule of creatine is bonded to a molecule of glucose. By being bonded to glucose, this creates a synergy that invokes a more favorable uptake of creatine as a result of the actions of insulin. This increases overall efficacy and levels of creatine within the muscles.

The last of dark matter's complexes is the amino acids. BCAAs an other essential aminos help to induce protein synthesis and thus increase the rebuilding of muscular tissue.

In summary, a solid ingredient profile.

Effectiveness (10): A solid 10 here; dark matter while combined in synergy with mts machine whey and Epi-1-test had me recovering from even the most intensive of my workouts almost instantaneously. Of course my recovery was also remarkable during my PCT period with this product as well. My physique felt fuller and generally stronger throughout the day and following workouts. Delayed on set muscle fatigue was virtually non-existent. Furthermore, I will also contribute some endurance gains and strength gains to dark matter since during pct from epi-1-test my continued to see increased aerobic stamina and anaerobic volume capacity. In other words, I found myself consistently pumping out more reps on many exercises. Although, some of this can also be contributed to pes's enhanced as well. Lastly, I will also say dark matter played a crucial role in helping to maintain both my gains and leanness achieved from Epi-1-test as I did not experience any losses whatsoever.

Value (6): Efficacy comes at a price; literally!!! I managed to get my tubs from my local supp shop here in Everett Mass, at about 31 dollars a tub. The retail value price of dark matter from what I've seen is about 29-33 on most websites. At local supplement chains such as gnc and vitamin shoppe, I've seen it go for as much as 60 dollars. WOOF!!!!! Therefore, here is a hint: BUY FROM WEBSITES!!!! On a different note, if you were to get it at website price, I would say that it is definitely not the most expensive, cheaper than afterglow at least. However, some users (myself included) would appreciate a bigger tub for such a price. In summary, at website price, dark matter is a moderately fair price.

Overall (9): Despite the potentially steep price tag that you may have to endure, dark matter delivers. Enhanced recovery, increased endurance, and increased muscle integrity gives a dark matter the machine's stamp of approval. Or at the very least, it's worth a try. Hope this review has been helpful boys, more shall follow!!!

TRAIN HARD!!!!

• Increased Muscular Integrity
      • Great Post Workout Carb Source
      • Bigger Container Please =)
      • Stop With The Dye!
      • Prop. Blend
      • Price
      RobertMc1982
      RobertMc1982

Joined: 3/2013
      Reviews: 13
      Reputation: +329
      Nice review man. I have to try this when I have the funding lol..

chefneilde
      chefneilde

Joined: 3/2010
      Reviews: 27
      Reputation: +770
      your rep number just hit 1234 with my +rep
      nice review to my brother of the iron

getnbigr78
      getnbigr78

Joined: 2/2013
      Reviews: 11
      Reputation: +222
      Definitely one of my favorite products...nice review.

Dog4life
      Dog4life

Joined: 1/2012
      Reviews: 22
      Reputation: +113
      Great review. Def my favourite post workout product and the tastes is phenomenal !

June 17, 2013

Age: 20

June 17, 2013
      Dark Matter matters

I got dark matter after realizing the necessity for a post workout. I'm on my third tub, so I figured now is a good time to review it.

Ingredients 8
      There are only 12 grams but according to a mhp proprietary formula, it is supposed to equal 40 grams.
      They also use their own waxy maize style carbohydrate that spikes insulin, an important thing for a post workout to do.

Taste 10/7
      The blue raspberry is one of the best shakes I've ever had. The fruit punch is ok

Effectiveness 9
      Benefits
      It does work for getting carbs and protein into your body immediately. I noticed my muscles getting fuller and I did not have a lot of fat gain. No stomach discomfort either.
      Soreness is not as bad the next day.

Detriments
      It does not keep me full for more than 1 hour and a half.

Value 7
      The serving size is 2 scoops so for $36 you are only getting 20 servings.

Overall 8
      Dark matter does work for getting much needed nutrients into your body. I liked it better than aftershock, because aftershock messed up my stomach,
      • Good Carbs

March 17, 2013

ChristianZ

Age: 17

March 17, 2013
       So this is my first review on this site and I thought I'd give this a review..

Effectiveness: 8/10: First off, this is one of the best products if you're looking for an immediate Carb source, it will restore glycogen levels and meet all post workout needs. I would love to see more than just 12 grams of protein in this though.. So thats why im giving it and 8/10 due to that reason alone.. I also noticed a significant increase in recovery time from this...

Value: 6/10: Id say the value is fair with 20 servings per container, I wish they'd add more but what you're getting is great stuff. With all the excessive dyes and other immediate carb source Proteins such as Myozene from Bioquest using almost no dyes, it falls behind..

I would recommend this product to anyone wanting a good clean carb source that increases recovery time and delivers great results.. However, I do believe that MHP needs to step it up a little bit and enhance the product, maybe adding more protein, giving more servings, or taking out the dyes..
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Appetite Decreased After Consuming
      • Strange Taste
      • Stop With The Dye!
      March 16, 2013

cssrss

Reviews: 12

Age: 27

March 16, 2013
       Hey fellow meat heads and Ivanko aficionados! Here is my review on MHP’s Dark Matter. I found this supplement to be as enigmatic as the mysterious deep space substance of the same namesake, but I digress - on to my review!

TASTE: Blue Raspberry 8/10
      First things first, I am what I like to refer to myself as a ”kool-aid kid”. I know that taste ultimately means nothing compared to the advantages of a efficacious supplement, yet I have a sweet tooth and if I am going to be spending my hard earned $$$, then I better enjoy the experience. That being said, the Blue Raspberry flavor is something that grew on me as I dug deeper into the tub. At first, it most definitely has an artificial taste. If I could sum it up, the full flavored Dark Matter is reminiscent of a melted blueberry Jolly Rancher. As time went on, I looked forward to taking a swig of this post workout right after a lifting session.

MIXABILITY: 5/10
      Yes, it is a waxy maize/creatine matrix, and yes it will be gelatinous and thick. I had to constantly use my shaker cup before every swig just to keep the viscous mass at a balanced mixture; many times I ended up with unmixed balls of powder in the cup. What can you expect from a waxy maize supp?

IMMEDIATE RECOVERY: 2/10
      This is my chief complaint. The instructions dictate that you must drink it immediately post workout, and then wait 1 full hour before ingesting anything else. The rationale being that the creatine/waxy maize/protein matrix needs to be digested rapidly and cannot have any other food get in the way. I followed this exactly and what did I experience? Intense hunger pangs and A HUGE CRASH! That’s right. Although it states to have proper amounts of the macro nutrients, my body’s metabolism would shut down from being undernourished after an intense training session. I would go into a coma, afraid to never awaken again. Big negative for this.

DELAYED RECOVERY: 9/10
      So why put up with the crash? Because the next day reduction on DOMS, creatine loading, and glycogen replenishment was remarkable. I upped lifts notably and I would feel completely recovered entering my next workout. What a tease! Suffer after a workout only to reap the benefits of a next day lift? Of course I finished the tub!

OVERALL: 6/10
      What a bitter sweet supplement. I had some of the best gains of a small serving supplement tub ever. I haven’t lost my gains after cycling off this product, but I would not by again. Maybe it won’t deprive you of your anabolic window, but for a hard lifter like myself, there was no it would satiate my caloric post workout needs. This is too bad, MHP is a good company when it comes to other products such as Up Your Mass.

• Could Be Cheaper

Have you used Dark Matter? Submit your own Review!