Protizyme Reviews

By: Metabolic Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #13 of 65 (better than 81%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Protizyme is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Metabolic Nutrition. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

texasmade89
  June 18, 2015

I have tried quite a few protein’s over the years, and they do not get any cleaner than this. I was initially introduced to this buy the owner of my gym, who prides himself on selling the highest quality products. He gave me a sample pack of chocolate brownie to try after a workout. It mixed so easy, had a wonderful taste, went down easy, and just had my feeling good about it in general. I bought a tub 2lb. of the same flavor the next day. Even the 2nd time I tried it, the taste seem even more positively magnified, and I drank two scoops in 24oz so quick I barely noticed how fast I was drinking. It’s a product that you optimistic about putting your hard earned money towards. The ingredient profile is astounding. It contains all the immunoglobulins to help with digestion. These enzymes include the powerful Trans alanyl glutamine (muscle targeted glutamine) that improves recovery and absorption. Protizyme has a legitimate amount of vitamins and minerals, fortified with 24 of them to be exact. It has 35% of your daily value of Iron which I thought was nice; as athletes are usually deficient in this area. The product has noticeably less bloat and you can feel how much easier it flows through your G.I. tract. It’s only got 1 carb per serving, almost putting it on par with pure whey isolate. I would actually consider it purer than that, due to the fact that it doesn’t have any of the preservatives and additional fillers that most pure whey isolates do; (have been through multiple tubs of whey isolate).
To me this sets the standard for whey powders especially for the health consciousness and those who are down to scrutinize every individual ingredient.

Effectiveness: Protizyme has successfully helped me recover from long intense cardio sessions and multiple hours in the gym. I use a quarter scoop PWO, quarter scoop intra, and then usually 1-2 scoops post. Although I have used variations of this formula; due to the fast absorption/easy drinkability, makes it possible to throw in half a scoop intra-workout or anytime your needing a boost with your BCAAs. I actually feel refreshed after taking this stuff post workout. I have continued building lean muscle mass while on it so I could say it works for that aspect as well. The additional absorption qualities perpetrated by the digestive enzymes allows for increased protein synthesis, consequently resulting in increased muscle building (theoretically).

Value: It is higher priced, median price $37.99 2lbs. Translating to roughly $19 a pound. Compared to something like Syntha 6, commercially $10 a pound (5lb tub) or Optimum Nutrition which is $15 a pound (2lb tub); this product is significantly more expensive. In an industry where you get what you pay for, this product is more than worth the cash. It doesn’t have any of the fillers or additives that either of these products do, I’m not trying to bash either one and have used both in the past. Something like this might not mean a lot to most people, but to those who have digestive issues, enjoy putting their money towards a good company with quality product/pure profile; this would be an excellent product for you.

Taste/Mixability-The taste is wonderful; you will be hooked from the first scoop. As I mentioned before it only has one gram of carbs so that taste is originating from a natural source. It mixes extremely easy, roughly 30-45 seconds in a standard shaker bottle or 5-8 seconds in the magic bullet. I never had any clumps or any issues in this area.

Overall- To me this sets the standard for whey powders especially for the health conscious and those who are down unnecessary by products. I can’t overstate how stoked I am to have this protein available at the local gym/vitamin shoppe. If the industry hadn’t pushed the prices up on clean product by flooding the market with cheaper products that had additional additives; it would be more financially possible to consume this product more often. Although considering the digestive and vitamin/mineral benefits I’m willing to pay the few extra dollars to make this my staple protein. Protizyme consider me a customer for life!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Taste
  • Good Nutrition Profile
  • Added Digestive Enzymes
  • 24 VitaminsMinerals
    chikwholifts
      March 19, 2014

After hearing all the rave reviews about Protizyme, I went out and bought a tub of chocolate cake. I was so excited to try it! I was however, incredibly disappointed.

To me, the chocolate flavor was a little sour. While it mixes quickly, the consistency is quite thin. I also add protein to other food items like Greek yogurt and oatmeal. In both situations, the protein powder basically turned my yogurt close to a soupy-like consistency, and it ruined my oatmeal.

While I don't doubt that I am getting the protein I need from this product, hence the reasonable effectiveness rating I gave, the price does not justify going out and getting it. I mean, I can get a 4-5lb tub of protein I love for the price of a 2lb container of Protizyme.

After I managed to finish off the tub of chocolate (pretty much straight up shakes with water/almond milk) I managed to come across a few samples of banana and strawberry and had the same result. Won't be buying Protizyme again. My recommendation is to save your money.
      poppapat1503
        August 28, 2015

----Introduction----
      I discovered SR while I was looking for a good site that reviewed supplements. I am a pretty bulky guy for my height. I am five foot seven and over 205 lbs. I stay away from mass gainers because putting weight on my frame isn't something that is hard for me to do. I first started taking protizyme after a trusted friend recommended this product at his supplement shop. He swears by it and also has multiple other brands in his store. I thought I would give it a try. After trying it I switched to buying it online since its $20 cheaper. Also I am somewhat lactose intolerant and I needed a protein powder that wouldn't cause me to have adverse effects. My friend told me that it was a clean protein with no fillers or anything that would upset one's stomach. So I gave it a whirl.

----Ingredient Profile----
      My thoughts on the ingredients is really positive. The amount of amino acids in this product is unbelievable. Also there's not much fats nor calories in this product. Although I did notice the cholesterol was pretty high for this product. Their proprietary blend in the ingredients has a bunch of minerals and vitamins in it. Supposedly the whey protein isolate in this is microfiltered 10 times.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I got the peanut butter cookie and the taste was good. Wasn't out of this world amazing but surely tasty. The part about this product I fully enjoyed was how clean I felt after using it. I would usually take one scoop right after a workout and in the morning on my off days. I never would feel bloated or the shake just sitting in my stomach. The absorption rate of this product was pretty good. I notice some people have said that it is too thin. I thought this wasn't an issue. I am not a fan for a thick milkshake after a workout.

----Effectiveness----
      The effectiveness I feel was good. I don't really feel it sticks out compared to other proteins. Don't get me wrong its an effective product but I wouldn't say it trumps everyone else. I would take a scoop post workout and I am sure it helped my muscles recover because my muscles wouldn't be extremely sore in the hours preceding the workout. Again to be honest I didn't feel that this is a supplement that is a necessary supplement in one's arsenal. On the positive side there was absolute no bloating. I would be able to drink this after a workout and go to work without skipping a beat(yes shower in between). There wouldn't be any time I would need to sit down and wait for it to digest.

----Value----
      The value on this wasn't the best. I got a 5 lbs. for around $86 and I bought a second one on amazon for $66. I don't think this is a great deal whatsoever. They market it as an elite protein powder when in reality its just your average run of the mill supplement.

----Side Effects----
      No sides.

----Conclusion----
      My conclusion on this is that I probably will pass on this for awhile. I will end up getting a cheaper protein that produces the same results.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Taste
      • Good Nutrition Profile
      • Added Digestive Enzymes
      • 24 VitaminsMinerals
      • High In Cholesterol
      allnatty923
        February 7, 2012

Probably the best tasting protein powder that I've tried. Good texture and all of the flavors are awesome, although I wasn't the biggest fan of the strawberry. Both cake batters were awesome and the peanut butter is just great. Low in carbs and fat, and a solid whey blend. Only issue is the cholesterol, but at my age and current state of health I'm not worried about it that much, could be an issue for others.

Only other issue would probably be the price, as this stuff is expensive just about everywhere, costing around 80 bucks or so for a 5lb container. Worth it if taste is a must, but unless it's on sale or I get a good deal for it, probably won't be making this a staple.

Honestly like it though, and would love to pick it up every so often just for the flavor alone (and the profile is solid, so that doesnt hurt either)
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Taste
      • Good Nutrition Profile
      • High In Cholesterol