Protizyme Reviews

By: Metabolic Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #14 of 65 (better than 80%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Protizyme is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Metabolic Nutrition. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

texasmade89
  June 18, 2015

I have tried quite a few protein’s over the years, and they do not get any cleaner than this. I was initially introduced to this buy the owner of my gym, who prides himself on selling the highest quality products. He gave me a sample pack of chocolate brownie to try after a workout. It mixed so easy, had a wonderful taste, went down easy, and just had my feeling good about it in general. I bought a tub 2lb. of the same flavor the next day. Even the 2nd time I tried it, the taste seem even more positively magnified, and I drank two scoops in 24oz so quick I barely noticed how fast I was drinking. It’s a product that you optimistic about putting your hard earned money towards. The ingredient profile is astounding. It contains all the immunoglobulins to help with digestion. These enzymes include the powerful Trans alanyl glutamine (muscle targeted glutamine) that improves recovery and absorption. Protizyme has a legitimate amount of vitamins and minerals, fortified with 24 of them to be exact. It has 35% of your daily value of Iron which I thought was nice; as athletes are usually deficient in this area. The product has noticeably less bloat and you can feel how much easier it flows through your G.I. tract. It’s only got 1 carb per serving, almost putting it on par with pure whey isolate. I would actually consider it purer than that, due to the fact that it doesn’t have any of the preservatives and additional fillers that most pure whey isolates do; (have been through multiple tubs of whey isolate).
To me this sets the standard for whey powders especially for the health consciousness and those who are down to scrutinize every individual ingredient.

Effectiveness: Protizyme has successfully helped me recover from long intense cardio sessions and multiple hours in the gym. I use a quarter scoop PWO, quarter scoop intra, and then usually 1-2 scoops post. Although I have used variations of this formula; due to the fast absorption/easy drinkability, makes it possible to throw in half a scoop intra-workout or anytime your needing a boost with your BCAAs. I actually feel refreshed after taking this stuff post workout. I have continued building lean muscle mass while on it so I could say it works for that aspect as well. The additional absorption qualities perpetrated by the digestive enzymes allows for increased protein synthesis, consequently resulting in increased muscle building (theoretically).

Value: It is higher priced, median price $37.99 2lbs. Translating to roughly $19 a pound. Compared to something like Syntha 6, commercially $10 a pound (5lb tub) or Optimum Nutrition which is $15 a pound (2lb tub); this product is significantly more expensive. In an industry where you get what you pay for, this product is more than worth the cash. It doesn’t have any of the fillers or additives that either of these products do, I’m not trying to bash either one and have used both in the past. Something like this might not mean a lot to most people, but to those who have digestive issues, enjoy putting their money towards a good company with quality product/pure profile; this would be an excellent product for you.

Taste/Mixability-The taste is wonderful; you will be hooked from the first scoop. As I mentioned before it only has one gram of carbs so that taste is originating from a natural source. It mixes extremely easy, roughly 30-45 seconds in a standard shaker bottle or 5-8 seconds in the magic bullet. I never had any clumps or any issues in this area.

Overall- To me this sets the standard for whey powders especially for the health conscious and those who are down unnecessary by products. I can’t overstate how stoked I am to have this protein available at the local gym/vitamin shoppe. If the industry hadn’t pushed the prices up on clean product by flooding the market with cheaper products that had additional additives; it would be more financially possible to consume this product more often. Although considering the digestive and vitamin/mineral benefits I’m willing to pay the few extra dollars to make this my staple protein. Protizyme consider me a customer for life!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Taste
  • Good Nutrition Profile
  • Added Digestive Enzymes
  • 24 VitaminsMinerals
    chikwholifts
      March 19, 2014

After hearing all the rave reviews about Protizyme, I went out and bought a tub of chocolate cake. I was so excited to try it! I was however, incredibly disappointed.

To me, the chocolate flavor was a little sour. While it mixes quickly, the consistency is quite thin. I also add protein to other food items like Greek yogurt and oatmeal. In both situations, the protein powder basically turned my yogurt close to a soupy-like consistency, and it ruined my oatmeal.

While I don't doubt that I am getting the protein I need from this product, hence the reasonable effectiveness rating I gave, the price does not justify going out and getting it. I mean, I can get a 4-5lb tub of protein I love for the price of a 2lb container of Protizyme.

After I managed to finish off the tub of chocolate (pretty much straight up shakes with water/almond milk) I managed to come across a few samples of banana and strawberry and had the same result. Won't be buying Protizyme again. My recommendation is to save your money.
      allnatty923
        February 7, 2012

Probably the best tasting protein powder that I've tried. Good texture and all of the flavors are awesome, although I wasn't the biggest fan of the strawberry. Both cake batters were awesome and the peanut butter is just great. Low in carbs and fat, and a solid whey blend. Only issue is the cholesterol, but at my age and current state of health I'm not worried about it that much, could be an issue for others.

Only other issue would probably be the price, as this stuff is expensive just about everywhere, costing around 80 bucks or so for a 5lb container. Worth it if taste is a must, but unless it's on sale or I get a good deal for it, probably won't be making this a staple.

Honestly like it though, and would love to pick it up every so often just for the flavor alone (and the profile is solid, so that doesnt hurt either)
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Taste
      • Good Nutrition Profile
      • High In Cholesterol