5-Hour Energy

By: Living Essentials

5-Hour Energy is an Energy Drink manufactured by Living Essentials. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.

Does 5-Hour Energy work?
Click to Expand
shinndigg

We've all seen those annoying commercials on TV for 5 Hour Energy where the dude is talking about "what 2:30 feels like..." I'll admit it, I hate the spot too, but I love this product! I see it doesn't get a lot of love on here either, but I feel so strongly about these that I will attempt to make some credence of this product.

I had my first 5 hour energy a little over a year ago, before a three hour Drive. I HATE driving long distances and/or road trips, but after taking one of these I was wired the whole Drive. The 3 hours seemed half that time and I've never looked back since then, these things are ideal for road trips. I prefer the "extra strength" version over the regular ones, but I love them either way. Yes, I realize it's basically just a butt load of B vitamins mixed in with some niacin, caffeine and taurine...but they are still the Ultimate pick me up for me. It's not something I would recommend using everyday; and I just keep a pack in my desk and in my room for "emergency situations" only. When I've needed it however it's always been there for me in a pinch, anytime I've needed a little boost to my day these things have come through for me. They may not give you 5 hours of continuous, high intensity energy, but they are good for about 2-3 hours to get you over the hump. I've never really experienced a crash with these either.

I've taken one of these before a workout once, and wow, talk about a pump! It's likely from all the niacin, but it was intense. It's obviously far too expensive to be used in that manner and not very practical either. If I ever wanted to feel a Maniac in the gym like that again though, I'd down one of these beforehand. The other use I've found for these that it's very effective in is a hangover recovery aid. If you wake up feeling like Garbage after a night out drinking, take a 5 hour energy and you'll be feeling better in no time. I've given these to several friends the morning after a night out on the town, and they are all marveled on how well they've worked too, and a lot of them would give me crap about taking them in the first place!

The one drawback to these is the price, five bucks for a two pack is pretty steep. To me they are worth it, to the value minded consumer however these things are very overpriced. Even in the 6 packs they sell they still work out to over two dollars a shot, so yes they are expensive. 5 Hour Energy shots are very versatile and I recommend them as an effective way of getting a little added energy when you need it, or as a good tool for you guys who love your alcohol (I know I do).
  • Hangover Recovery

The first few times I tried this product it worked like magic. It felt like no other energy drink I've had but I soon became used to them and they didn't really work for me anymore. I moved on to the extra strength which work quite a bit better. I recommend using these if you need a pick me up and not want the excess sugar found in most everything else, but they are kinda expensive. I suggest using them every now and then to keep yourself from getting used to them. It's a mild pick me up, without going overboard.
 Cons:

As I'm new to working out and supp.s I don't really have much reviews for products, so I decided to review this hyped up stuff. Honestly, it doesn't work(read more and you'll see what I mean). It's a multi-vitamin in a little bottle. I used to be an energy drink fiend and tried this stuff, and it wasn't even all that grand or even comparable to big canned monsters. I used to tell my co-workers that would drink this stuff and not feel anything to eat well and that should help... but they didn't. Even when I ate well, I highly doubt it was much of this stuff as it was my breakfast that gave me good energy. It's taste is awful and way too strong for it's own good, honestly. It's only effective depending on way too many other factors like diet and activity levels. And the price is way too high and it's like that due to marketing. There is increased energy, and it certainly is only 3 dollars of increased energy.

You won't be seeing me buying this anymore.
 Cons:

idk what everyone is talking about this stuff is awesome def the best energy drink/shot out. Makes me pumped as hell, not like redbull or spike that give you a quick jolt and thats it. kind of expensive though.

• SoulMonkey
    April 20, 2010

I don't even bother with these anymore. If I want a boost, I take a b-complex in the morning and supplement a little caffeine over time(50 mg's in the morning, mid-morning, and afternoon). Much, much cheaper that way. Read the ingredients and go buy that stuff singly in capsule form. Oh, and eat good, clean foods that day.

Revross
Rep: 0

I've been using 5-Hour Energy for about 1 year or more and I find it to be the best energy drink/supplement on the market. With 2 servings per bottle, each small serving packs a punch. Effects are felt immediately. Cost is in-line with most energy drinks, running about $2-$2.50 per bottle. I usually find it cheaper at Walmart for $11.84 per six pack. Remember, that there are two servings per bottle. No refrigeration required, so you can screw the lid back on and drink the second serving within 72 hours (unlike most carbonated energy drinks on the market). 5-Hour Energy is very effective, does what it claims to do, and with NO sugar & only four calories. The best thing that I like about 5-Hour Energy is its small serving size (less filling). Comes in several flavors, but I prefer Berry. However, taste is not a huge issue because of the one gulp serving.
  • Sugar Free
  • Less Filling
  • Very Effective
Seanw

Love love love love 5 hour baby works like a charm for hangovers ,sex,and long a$$ days at work. compared to other energy drinks this one rules the onley problem is th cost I guess thats a good thing in a way cause I would drink these all day if they were cheaper between working full time, school full time, and lifting full time I run low alll the time this product heples me get through the day without killing some one.
  • Hangover Recovery
  • Sugar Free
  • Less Filling
  • Very Effective

Good in the fact that it doesn't give the usual crash found with the sugar drinks. As far as energy, it did make me a little more alert and increase my focus. Didn't give me the effect like a high quality pre workout which makes you want to jump into a gym and start lifting. If you're looking for something to wake you up and keep you from falling asleep at the wheel of a car, then yes its good, as far as a pre-lifting pump, wouldn't use for that.
HLam

A healthier version of an energy drink in shot form. It works ok on me and I felt more energetic but I think it was a placebo to me. Wouldn't recommend it to everyone. Overrated and over advertised product.
theshow
Rep: -19

0.0

i totally agree with the post below " these should be called "45 minutes of eleveated energy follwed by a crash" the huge amounts of b12 just dont cut it, if your a caffeine sensitive person and cant have caffeine then you prolly shouldnt be drinking energy drinks in the first place.,,, definitely not worth the price of a 6 pack for 13.99
 Cons:
Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.