5-Hour Energy

By: Living Essentials

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 2

Ranks #8 of 11 (better than 30%) in
Energy Supplements > Drinks

5-Hour Energy is an Energy Drink manufactured by Living Essentials. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.
COMPARE SIMILAR

shinndigg

January 14, 2011

We've all seen those annoying commercials on TV for 5 Hour Energy where the dude is talking about "what 2:30 feels like..." I'll admit it, I hate the spot too, but I love this product! I see it doesn't get a lot of love on here either, but I feel so strongly about these that I will attempt to make some credence of this product.

I had my first 5 hour energy a little over a year ago, before a three hour Drive. I HATE driving long distances and/or road trips, but after taking one of these I was wired the whole Drive. The 3 hours seemed half that time and I've never looked back since then, these things are ideal for road trips. I prefer the "extra strength" version over the regular ones, but I love them either way. Yes, I realize it's basically just a butt load of B vitamins mixed in with some niacin, caffeine and taurine...but they are still the Ultimate pick me up for me. It's not something I would recommend using everyday; and I just keep a pack in my desk and in my room for "emergency situations" only. When I've needed it however it's always been there for me in a pinch, anytime I've needed a little boost to my day these things have come through for me. They may not give you 5 hours of continuous, high intensity energy, but they are good for about 2-3 hours to get you over the hump. I've never really experienced a crash with these either.

I've taken one of these before a workout once, and wow, talk about a pump! It's likely from all the niacin, but it was intense. It's obviously far too expensive to be used in that manner and not very practical either. If I ever wanted to feel a Maniac in the gym like that again though, I'd down one of these beforehand. The other use I've found for these that it's very effective in is a hangover recovery aid. If you wake up feeling like Garbage after a night out drinking, take a 5 hour energy and you'll be feeling better in no time. I've given these to several friends the morning after a night out on the town, and they are all marveled on how well they've worked too, and a lot of them would give me crap about taking them in the first place!

The one drawback to these is the price, five bucks for a two pack is pretty steep. To me they are worth it, to the value minded consumer however these things are very overpriced. Even in the 6 packs they sell they still work out to over two dollars a shot, so yes they are expensive. 5 Hour Energy shots are very versatile and I recommend them as an effective way of getting a little added energy when you need it, or as a good tool for you guys who love your alcohol (I know I do).
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hangover Recovery
celtics
  July 18, 2010

The first few times I tried this product it worked like magic. It felt like no other energy drink I've had but I soon became used to them and they didn't really work for me anymore. I moved on to the extra strength which work quite a bit better. I recommend using these if you need a pick me up and not want the excess sugar found in most everything else, but they are kinda expensive. I suggest using them every now and then to keep yourself from getting used to them. It's a mild pick me up, without going overboard.
 Pros:
 Cons:

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.