Anadraulic State GT

By: LG Sciences

Anadraulic State GT is a Pre-Workout manufactured by LG Sciences. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

What should I take with Anadraulic State GT?
Heisenberg
  September 7, 2012

Sup errybody?

So here's how I use preworkouts: I understand the advantages of using a preworkout on a regular basis, based on pump, energy, focus, and endurance. If it lets you hit the weights harder, then your body has the opportunity to do more growing. I've just never been consistent with taking a dose for every session. If I workout five times a week, I'll take a PWO two, maybe three, times. So the things I observe most in a preworkout are the immediate, same-day effects (pump, energy, focus), and less of the longevity-type effects (creatine saturation, x-factor ingredients - I'll get to that).

Not all of these metrics are weighted the same; they're just all things I wanted to touch on in my write-up about this product.

Taste: 6

Not the best, not the worst. It was kind of tart. I would not have guessed strawberry lemonade if I were blind taste-testing it. I'd say more something you chug rather than something you savor.

Mix ability: 4

It didn't mix completely. As soon as you finish mixing, you set the shaker down for ten seconds and there's a layer of particles on the bottom. Letting it sit longer will have more particles settling out. And there's an unappealing amount of grittiness when drinking Anadraulic State GT.

Pump: N/A

There aren't any pump ingredients in this product.

Energy: 7

This product contains caffeine and synephrine as stimulants. The dosages aren't given (see below). I'm quite caffeine-tolerant, so the following effect is something I attribute to the synephrine: At two scoops, I got that feeling of being over-stimmed - the one you might get from a beta adrenal agonist; that's where I've felt it before. The best way I can describe it is an uncomfortable tickle in the back of the throat. It lasted throughout my workout, and finally dissipated about an hour and a half after dosing. One and a half scoops worked fine, but upping to two seemed to cross some stim threshold for me.

The energy is something I would describe as a "pick me up". It gets me in the right ballpark after a tough day, and gives me a decently-consistent energy stream during the workout, but it's not one of those supplements that really "puts you in the zone". And it contains 7g carbohydrates for the body to convert into blood glucose, to be used by the body for muscular energy. Anadraulic State GT didn't give me hours and hours of energy, nor did it cause me to crash.

Focus: N/A

There weren't any focus-specific or nootropic ingredients. This is possibly supported by adaptogens (see below), but there is nothing out of the ordinary to note here.

Endurance: 6

ASGT contains a few forms of creatine and some beta alanine. I noticed some, if minimal, endurance increases from this product - as gauged by number of reps. Based on my familiarity with feeling beta alanine's tingling effects, I am fairly confident in saying that this ingredient is under dosed; maybe a gram and a half present.

Because of my irregular consumption of this product, I didn't see any benefits from the creatine (body was never saturated).

Ingredients (other): ?

The entire thing is a proprietary blend, which I heartily dislike. The ENTIRE thing, the whole 16,625mg scoop. That provides some context for the rest of the discussion of the ingredients - all of them are likely under dosed.

There are some interesting additions to the formula - it is what you'd call a "kitchen sink PWO" - and while they're collectively pretty neat, individually none of them are game-changers; they don't stand out in effectiveness, probably because they're under dosed. The x-factor ingredients are grouped in several "complexes"; I'll talk about the ones I find noteworthy and mention some of the highlight components.

Amino Acid Complex - Whey hydrolysate, Leucine I've read studies that demonstrate the importance of preworkout nutrition, so I think it's great that this preworkout contains hydrolyzed protein. Since I almost always have a protein/amino source prior to training, Anadraulic State GT supported me in that regard.

pSARM Complex – Hibiscus rosa sinensis, Osthole
Something LG made up, probably bogus since nobody else has really "caught on" to the idea. I read about it once, and it seemed pretty cool (if it was real). I didn't feel like going to their website to "research" it for this review.

Adaptogenic Complex - Quercetin, Schizandra berry extract
They have "stress-protective" ability, including effects on cortisol. More info can be found on good ol' Wikipedia.

Estrogen Control Complex - Ellagic acid, Resveratrol
Self-explanatory.

My observations: I didn't notice any of the effects typical of significantly decreased estrogen or cortisol - a combination of irregular product dosing and ingredient underdosing.

Dosing: 7

The dosing itself is easy, but I docked a couple points because I had to play around with timing before I found something that worked for me.

The directions are 1-3 scoops, an hour preworkout. I discussed the number of scoops above. For dose timing, I found 30 minutess to work best; after 30 minutes, the caffeine seemed to start kicking in, and with the (minimal) beta tingles manifesting themselves after 10-15 minutes, I didn't see a reason to wait longer.

Value: 9

Being aware of LG's present-day reputation, I got this mainly because it was cheap. 20 bucks. So at one scoop, you get 45 servings. That's $.44/serving. Or at two scoops, $.86/serving. I found this to be favorably priced (more so at one scoop than two).

Overall: 6.5

It has some definite shortcomings, but I want to say it shows promise – that's why I rounded up. If you want to give it a shot and see if any of the more "advanced" ingredients actually have an effect when regularly dosed, I say, "Why not?" It's not expensive, so it's not much of a risk. Just be aware that the dosing protocol takes some playing around with, and the synephrine content may be something to think about when considering multiple scoops.
  • Kitchen Sink
  • Taste Is So-so
  • Mixes Poorly
  • Proprietary Blend
bprosano77
  January 23, 2011

I had been in a slump in the gym and wanted to try something different. I stacked this with LG Formadrol. Very good product for the value, I only paid $22.This product does not have arginine so if you are looking for extra pump, just take some L-arginine before hitting the weights. I got pretty good energy and focus from this product, no problem finishing my workouts. One thing I noticed about this product is it takes awhile to kick in. Products like Jacked and Black Powder kick in 10-15 minutes after taking it. Andraulic took 20 minutes to feel and 30 minutes to really kick in. This was consistent throughout container. This product got a lot of bad feedback for taste. I don't even think taste should be a factor for preworkouts. Maybe for bars and meal replacements. If you want something to jack you up that tastes good, go wash down some arginine and creatine pills with a starbucks frappacino and shut up. It's ridiculous. Andraulic doesn't taste like gatorade but it aint that bad. Just chug it and quit complaining. It is a little gritty so use extra water. Container says 1-3 scoops. I used 2 to 2+ and did just fine and I am 197 lbs. Overall, decent product. Has some anti estrogen ingredients, but hard to tell if they made a difference cause i was taking formadrol. Would buy again.

• aimology
    Rep: -3
    January 23, 2011

Thanks for not being a douche like the above posters who are obviously new to the supplement world and taste. You buy a product because of the ingridents and how it works. Muscle marinade is a pretty good pre-workout and it taste like dog-food. so what, its reasonable in price and does the job. You dont give it a 5 or 0 because of taste. maybe a 7ish at most

Alright this is my first review so hopefully it's good. I was looking for a change in pre-workouts and decided to try Anadraulic State GT. I read lots of good reviews about it and at $25 for 45 scoops I thought it well worth a try and I ended up liking it alot. It does what it says it's supposed to do. It's not the best tasting thing I've ever had and it doesn't mix that great but who cares but it's tolerable and besides, who cares. I bought for it's effectiveness, not for a tasty drink. As far as energy goes, it says you're supposed to take it an hour before you lift, but I could feel it kicking in 20-30 minutes after taking it. Although, it's not a very intense energy and not nearly as strong as other PWO's I've tried, but I'm also pretty stimulant tolerant. Not bad though. I've read people talking about feeling like an animal in the gym and high aggression in the weightroom after taking this. I wouldn't say it's that extreme, but that's definitely the best part of this stuff, and I never want to leave the gym after I take this stuff. I keep on wanting to lift more and more even after my muscles and mind are burnt out. I'm not sure how much of that is attributed to LG's test boosting/estrogen blocking claims of ASGT, but you'll definitely get an increase in endurance with this stuff. As far as strength gains go, I've gone up since taking this product, I think it has made a difference but nothing crazy. And I don't know who would say they get good pumps from this, there's nothing really in it to boost NO or produce pumps. That's the part of this that lacks, but you can pick up some arginine products for not very much.

Overall, I would say this is a good, solid PWO. I think of it as energy for my muscles and it keeps me wanting to keep lifting and lifting. I do think you should mix and stack it with other supplements for a complete pre-workout though. I've found a pretty great combination for me is 1-1.5 scoops of ASGT 30-45 mins before I lift, and then 1/2 scoop of 1MR for caffeine and energy mixed with a scoop of A-AKG from Olympian Labs for a good pump about 15 mins before lifting.

• REPOUT225
    January 7, 2011

I agree brother really wanted a good review on this product and you sold me the a-akg powder and some good creatine teamed with with this product is my next step thanks man peace
  • Kamikazi
    January 7, 2011

Great review bro thanks ! though i wouldn't buy the extra creatine Repout225, ASGT has 3g of creatine in it !
  December 11, 2010

This is really interesting stuff. It's not a typical pre-workout, no NO-Xplode knockoff nonsense here. It contains the usual creatine and beta-alanine, but from there it diverges and treads it's own path. It has a very novel adaptogenic complex; it has a PSarm/test boosting complex; it has anti-estrogen effects; and it has a potent stim complex.

It adds up to a potent...

It adds up to a potent performance punch. Energy is the smoothest I've found, so smooth, in fact, you may not even realize it's there until you're half-way through your workout and realize you're killing it like a damn animal. There's no crash, and 1 scoop is PLENTY for me.

Aggression is a hallmark of ASGT, and it's very similar in feel to RPM. ***ed off, take no prisoners, unleash The Beast mayhem. I highly suspect a slight increase in test and decrease in estrogen help this effect, same principle as RPM. It Primes a slightly more anabolic environment, though without bloods, who knows what's really going on. I can't say I care too much; it just plain works.

Endurance is great, definitely elevated. I have no issues cardio-wise, like with some stims (geranium and yohimbine kill my cardio).

Strength is very good, but it's as much a function of the increased aggression and energy as it is any benefit from the creatine or other ingredients.

Pumps? No. I get no extraordinary pumps from this, and I'll tell you why that's just fine by me: when I grapple, pumps are bad. A forearm or ab pump can end your effectiveness. So I prefer to have the ability to choose to add 2-4gr citrulline, or not.

I really like this stuff, but then I like a good few pre-workouts. What sets this apart are the adaptogenic/psarm/anti-E complexes, which give some really great effects. Add in 45 true servings for as low as $15 on the net, and it's a steal. There may be better pre-workouts, but none with as complete a formula, and none even close to the price. It's really 3 products in one.

An aside (and I say aside,because it's really not worth mentioning): the taste. People get sand in their panties about it. The straight deal: it tastes like hibiscus tea, mildly sweet and slightly milky. I like it, and maximum I could see someone saying it's 'OK'. Drop it in 3-4oz water, shoot it, and go.
  • Increased Strength
  • Aggression

First off, the taste is unbearable for someone with a weak stomach. Most fitness gurus and bodybuilders can stomach just about anything though. I for one found a trick to ingesting this stuff. I throw together some Syntha 6 strawberry protein, Anadraulic State, milk, and a little bit of frozen strawberries into my magic bullet and the protein shake is DEFINITELY drinkable. Now that getting it down is outta the way, this product is pretty amazing. I don't really get any sort of energy from this product so I have to take a pre-workout like jack 3d or SP250. But, I have noticed and EXTREME difference in how much I can lift and I can pump out a significant number of reps on my heaviest weights. Not only that, but I am keeping mass. Truly amazing product and the price is unbeatable. Don't let the taste get you down....just simply mask it and make it better.
  • Increased Strength
  • Wish They Made A Bigger Jug
  • Aweful Taste
  • Must Mix With Something
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.