This product has been reported as discontinued.

Epistane Reviews

By: Innovative Body Enhancement

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 11

Epistane is a Prohormone manufactured by Innovative Body Enhancement. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss. This product has been reported as discontinued.
COMPARE SIMILAR

LeroyJenkins
  October 22, 2013

Disclaimer:
First things first... I came into this about 90% clueless and I am leaving this cycle with a lot of lessons of what to do and not to do, which I mostly found out the hard way. Either way I wanted to post a log about this product with my likes and dislikes of this product and a decent play by play of my cycle and all my gains and Epic fails!

Bio: I am 31 and have been lifting for 14yrs. I'm 6 feet tall and my starting weight was 376lb.
Core stating lifts (raw): Bench 465/dead 600/squat 500'ish

Okay so this is a combo PH/pre-workout called Detonator X, with the serving size of one scoop. According to the website each scoop includes 22mgs of Epistane and one container has four weeks' worth, so you have to get two tubs to run a six week cycle at $50.00 bucks each. I was on a cutting diet when I started this and I did a six day a week workout schedule, largely due to this having a PH in it and I decided if I "pulsed" the PH it would do more harm than good. I was able to keep this six day a week work Schld up for all but one week were I dropped down to 5days due to the lack of energy. I was also hitting the cardio 3-4 times a week doing 1 ½ to 2 miles and my daily calorie intake was at 3,000 when I started.

Week one/two:
Week one started off like normal one scoop a day and I did not notice anything major. I was somewhat disappointed due to the lack of pump and mental focus I was expecting to get from this.

Week Three:
This is the week I started to notice a difference and it was not like I pictured it would be, from reading different cycle logs on this site dealing with PH's. During week three the sides hit me pretty hard as well. The two most prevalent sides were the litharge and joint pain. This being my first time ever on a PH and having done zero pre- game prep for this I was clueless to what was going on at first. After a crash course on the internet I realized the joint pain was "dry joints" from the PH and it was recommended I put a cycle support into the mix and after doing so, most of the pain went away in about a week. But In between time it was the worse, my wrist, elbows, and ankles felt like they had sandpaper in between them all day, and when I worked out everything just hurt worst and I found myself having to drop the weight way down just to function. I never really found anything that helped with the lethargic feeling and that was a constant battle throughout this cycle. It was so bad, I could be hyped up ready to go destroy the gym and after taking this product within 15 minutes my drive was gone. A few days it was pretty much pointless for me to even be in the gym and no matter how much CT Fletcher I watched on YouTube, I still couldn't find the motivation some days to push myself through a workout. On the days I did have some type of drive I did notice some strength gains. Not so much power gains but Reps. I found myself being able to rep my normal weights more. I went from doing 225 on the bench from 20 times to 35 and 315 from 12 to 17. Deads and squats followed the same.

Week Four:
Still lethargic all the damn time, I boosted my cal intake to 6,000, being at 3,000 put me in a haze and I found myself making the stupidest mistakes at work and forgetful more and the Cal boost seemed to help a little. I could also see some body shaping going on and even got a few comments on how I had trimmed down and looked "thicker." Power gains kicked in, tossing up 405 like it was 315 and my squats game was tight, hitting five sets of five at 500 like cake! Dead lifts stayed pretty much the same though? Had some more sides kick in as well. This time around it was a constant dull headache and dry lips... YES dry ass lips. I'm talking crack head dry lips and they even started to pill a little bit toward the end of the cycle. I came up with a crazy explanation to the dry lips; maybe it was due to me drinking the PH and the liquid was obviously on my lips and that's what caused some type of reaction. Anyway I boosted my water intake to fight the headaches and was using chapstix like it was lip gloss! I also developed a dull back pain around this time. I looked that up on the net and they were calling those "back pumps" I figured that's what I had and it said the cure for that was Taurine and this stuff has that in there already so I just dealt with that.

Week Five:
Gains, Gains, and Mo' Gains!! Nothing to brag about but I was pleased during week five. I was able to do three pull ups!! I started with only being able to do one, and at 300+ pounds I was very pleased. My upper back was looking massive and my shoulders were thick as hell and I could see true definition in my legs, mostly in the caves and my hip flexors. I still wasn't moving the weight I wanted to move on dead lift yet though, still haven't figured that out yet. I really started to notice a physique change and so did everyone else, I was the talk of the office. I was also down to 347lbs, which was the lightest I would be during this cycle. I also did a banded workout this week and all my lifts were up. I did a 500 bench press with a 3 sec pause using a purple band for three, then a 550 press with a 1sec pause with a green band for one. The squat game was decent, the joint pain was still a constant issue and anything over 400 felt like my knee caps were going to blow out so I took it easy on that. I also fell off the wagon a little bit on week five. On my cheat day I went way over board and eat half of a pound cake, drank three beers, and a half bag of Oreo's! What can I say I'm a fat boy...

Week Six:
I tried to Turn Up! And just push it to the max! I did every body part twice this week. The first times it was moderate weight with 300 total reps per body part. The second time was heavy, I worked at about 90% of my 1RM and I did the five sets of five workouts. Everything was great; I shut the whole gym down!! And I had to make myself stop. And the recovery time was instant. On my pull day I went to 620 for one and I could barely get out of the car when I got home but the next day I couldn't even tell I had done anything and I can honestly say that was a new one. Before whenever I did pulls I would have to take the next day off from the gym just to recover and I would be walking around like an old man the day after. This time around it was nothing!!

Bottom Line: This product is an EPIC FAIL!!
For my first time trying a PH I have mixed felling about the whole thing. I will say without question, this product is a total waste of time and money. I can attest to the PH working but the sides almost made it not worth it. And the fact they try to market this as both a PH and pre-work out is a joke! The PH will have you so lethargic that it doesn't even matter what you take on top of it, you are not going to have any type of crazy drive or "HIGH OCTANE ENERGY" in the gym as listed on the product tub. I would recommend just doing the PH str8 up and don't bother with a hybrid. I might try a PH in the future and do it the right way from the start and have better results and less sides but for now "it-is-what-it-is."

Ending core lifts:
Bench+15lbs, Squat+10lb, DeadLift+ 20lb?!?, ending body weight -19lbs, and I got a little vascular in my forearms, legs, and hands.
Thanks to the internet I do have a proper PCT and I'm into week one of that, so we will see how I come out after that is over with.

I hope I gave a decent Log on this Detonator X Pre- workout with Epi and I am looking forward for any and all feedback. And I know I could have run this cycle a hell of a lot better so don't rip me to hard LOL!
  • Dry Lips!
Virtus

June 8, 2011

Mmmmm....Epistane.

I really like this stuff. I have used it as the basis for 3 of my cycles. One solo, one with Furuza, and currently with Trenazone.

I always feel it kick in right at the end of the second week, maybe day 10. My muscles feel bulged out, my strength goes up, my waist looks slimmer, and I get massive cases of the munchies. I put on about 7-10lbs each cycle so far, which I all I want at my height/weight really. I wouldn't be able to do my job well (Private Security, and no not security guard stuff) if I was much heavier and couldn't run/swim do obstacle stuff. Also, I spend alot of time on ships for parts of my job, up to a month at a time but usually just a few weeks, so I am constantly having to recomp as my diet cannot be controlled in these situations to a large degree.

I tend to lose around 2-3% bodyfat per my calipers as well as gaining weight, so I truly believe that this stuff works well.

It does dry the poo out of your joints though, so take your glucosamine/cissus or whatever you like to do. Can be painful. I don't get any backpumps, but some headaches and sleeping issues until I get adjusted.

Epistane, especially when you stack it, WILL SHUT YOU DOWN. This means it will cause your body to stop producing test, and your balls can shrink. THIS IS JUST ONE REASON THAT A SERM IS NOT AN OPTION. Serms will help you keep your gains by getting your test back up quicker. No reason not to use them. They are cheap compared to having permanently shrunken nutz.

Epistane also tends to cause lethargy, so one idea for a stack that Combats this is to add PP's Androhard or Stanodrol if you can find it. Expensive, but beneficial, and a good stack from what I hear. Taking DHEA is supposed to help with lethargy on cycle as well, but I don't mess with that stuff as it has unpredicatable aromatization qualities.

If you are 21 or over, and have questions, I will help you if I can.

I like IBE's Epistane, but can also vouch for Dynamic Formula's EP-Stane, which is a better value (90x 15mg pills in EP-Stane vs. 90x10mg pills in IBE Epistane).
garlick

September 22, 2009

Started 5'10" 195 lbs 20.1% Body Fat and had pretty much stagnated in all my lifts.
Finished 202 lbs and 14.6% Body Fat.
My cycle was:
Day 1 - 10 mg
Day 2-7 - 20 mg
Day 8-21 - 30 mg
Day 22-28 - 40 mg
I'm on week 3 of my PCT even after getting the flu and being unable to lift for a full 10 days after my PCT started, I went back yesterday and had lost only 5 pounds on each lift. My weight had gone down by 3 pounds, but my body fat stayed steady, so I expect to get most of the 3 lbs back in the next 2 weeks. It was probably water weight lost while sick.
I had a great experience on this, and would definitely recommend it to any first timer, as it seems very mild. No explosive growth, but the pumps were amazing, better than NO supplements, and I had to stop taking NO supplements while on cycle because I was too pumped.
The only negative side effect I saw was a very mild case of acne (VERY mild and only on my back), and I was irritable my first two days of the PCT. I was not irritable on cycle, and actually felt very happy & balanced while on cycle. I actually felt like I had more patience than normal, which was a shock to me, as I thought this would make me have a shorter fuse.
My strength also went way up. My bench increased 35 lbs in 4 weeks, and all my other lifts were up 10-20 lbs per lift.
I also tried my best to stick to a restrictive carb cycling diet (CKD), but had major problems, as I was HUNGRY all the time. I still kept around 2500~3000 calories per day, and stayed below 100 carbs a day during the week, but that was higher in both categories than I wanted originally. I probably could have cut more fat, but it really was impossible to not eat all the time on this.
My supporting supplements were, Essential men's Multi-Vitamin, Flaxseed Oil (6G 2 times per day), Enduro Joint support, CoQ10, Red Yeast Rice & liver support.
My PCT includes Nolvadex 20 mg per day, TZ3 Stack from Sci-fit, Kre Alkalyn, Essential men's Multi-Vitamin, Flaxseed Oil & SuperNOS pump.
My protein was 100% Whey gold standard.
I will definitely do another cycle of this again in 3 months, but I'm extremely pleased so far, and as long as I keep my gains, I will be ecstatic.
chris004
  December 8, 2011

I have to say I was super excited about this product after all of the good feedback and reviews I have read about it. Unfortunately I did not have the results that I expected. I have had 2 solid runs with halotest 24 so I decided it was time for some epi.

Goals: My goal while taking this product was to put on a lean 5-10 pounds of muscle and trim up the waistline. I also wanted to increase my strength while keeping slim. I worked out 5 days a week as well.

My Stack: Epi: 20/30/40/40/50/50, Fish Oil, Multi, Cycle Assist and hawthrone berry. For my PCT I am running dpol , isa test and torem.

Side effects: While being on epi I did not notice any side effects even when upping the dosage besides a slight increase in acne. No dry joints and no lethargy which I was very surprised.

Pros: I started my cycle around 204 and ended around 208, I contribute that 4 pound weight gain to the change in my diet (adding more protein and eating more). One thing I noticed was the increase in workout intensity while being on this product. It was insane, I would never get tired and would always squeeze out extra reps, almost causing me to pass out sometimes! Additionally I did notice an increase in vascularity but not much. I am going to put this down as a pro, I experienced NO shut down while taking this product.

Cons: Well unfortunately I did not experience any strength gains while on this cycle. Bench remained exactly the same as well as my other main lifts. I did have an increase in endurance on the bench but I attribute that to a workout Rich gave to me. Slight increase in blood pressure but it was nothing a little hberry couldn't help out. There is really not much else to say about this product besides it didn't work well for me.

Value: Not a bad price, I paid 35.99 each bottle, which is nothing if you get the results you're expecting.

Summary: If I were to run this product again it would have to be stacked with trenazone, other than that I do not see myself running this product in the future. I normally don't like giving bad reviews especially to a product that I know is good for most people, but I think it will be helpful to some people to know that some people are non responders to it.
  • No Sides
bviren
  July 31, 2011

Well for a first PH cycle I rather enjoyed Epistane. I saw good gains in muscle and got a pretty incredible pump from this product. The strength gains while there were some were not exactly as great as I had hoped this is why I gave it a 8 overall. I did tweak my shoulder in week 2 of my cycle which prevented me from really pushing my bench which was the main thing I wanted to increase oh well.

Side Effects : The only noticeable sides I encountered were a slight increase in irritability ( although it was pretty brutal stuff I went through so it may have just been the circumstances not the Epistane), slight increase in acne, and back pumps which were bearable.

Gains : good increase in visual Muscle Gains, muscle hardness increase was crazy good, pretty much everything went up strength at least a little except for bench which was because I tweaked my shoulder in week 2 of my cycle.

An unexpected benefit of this supplement was the weight loss I was able to achieve while on it I dropped 8 pounds from 261 to 253 while increasing muscle mass. I ate clean a high Protein Diet but if ur pretty low body fat I would not expect to lose this type of weight on it I am still a rather large guy ( working on it guys).

I took Milk Thistle, hawthorne berry, glucosamine, and Tone from Complete Nutrition which is loaded with flaxseed and Fish Oil all for support supplements on Epistane.

As for the PCT I am starting PCT revolution Black which supposedly has a good SERM (Arimistane) in it but have Clomid just in case. Will review PCT after.

Will probably take Epistane again but thinking about stacking it with a Tren or Deca product next time (open to suggestion on that one guys).

• Mild Mood Swings
Raptorbh12

July 29, 2009

Decent PH. ran for 4 weeks with no sides and gained 4lbs while on a cutting diet and did a good quick body recomp. Bodyfat went from 12 to 7% including the time during PCT which was AI Post Cycle Support and Nolvadex tappered down to the last week.
Slow but solid gains in strength in all lifts and no noticable painful pumps associated with tren compounds.
A tad weak to be used for a bulking cycle but great to use to maintain mass and strength on a cutting cycle.
This product can also be found verry cheap online which makes it well worth the price. PCT is where you tend to blow all your money though...
Klacktor
  July 26, 2012

Let me make some things clear.
I've read all te previous reviews about epistane and I'd like to dispell some incorrect facts:

1. Epistane is a PH. It's not. It's a steroid. It doesn't convert to another target hormone as the early ph's were meant to do. It's proprietary and hasn't been outlawed because it has no pharmaceutical history in this particular formulation. It is a powerful compound.

2. "going to epistane after doing dbol and anavar is like comparing aFerrari to a Prius" - total crap. Ones not illegal, the others aren't. End of story. They're all potent, oral steroids. I have used the substances listed above as well as oils.

3. "non responders" - not everyone is going to gain 15-20lbs of muscle. Period. Now, I'd be willing to bet that those who have deemed themselves "non responders" are more likely experiencing over saturated hormone receptors from cycle after cycle of heavy ph and or steroid use. I only gained 5lbs off of a deca/dbol/test cycle once in my body building days. And I was damned happy with that 5 quality pounds. You're never goin to experience gains like your first cycle unless you take
Ample time off of aas.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest I'll talk to you bout my two cycles of epistane I've experienced.

My first was two years ago, after ample time off of androgens. I felt great, high sex drive, great strength gains. I went from 199lbs at 8% bodyfat to 218lbs at 9% bf. I cut down to 205 at 5% after the cycle for a supplement photo shoot. (no names given)
After that, I did appx 3 12 week cycles of test/decA (2) and test/tren (1)

I'd been off following that for a year because of a ice slip injury in northern Scotland.

After my time off (I always use proper pct) I ran another cycle of epistane (5 weeks) at 60mg throughout (I see NO need for ramp up. ) no one does that in the pro world an of with black market gear. It's silly.
Anyway, my gains were as follows; 15lbs and -.7% bodyfat.

In summary, If you frequently use aas or ph, that 5lbs you gained might be great quality. Consider the overload of your receptors. Epi is one of my favs. I use it to kickstart big 12 week test cycles (instead of anadrol/dbol/var/tbol)

• Mild Mood Swings
MrMeToo
  March 16, 2012

Ok ill do my best. Ive just finnished a 6 week cycle of epistane.I started off 170 and 15% body fat. im 5'7 i max 275 and squat 350 to start. not great but ok for my size. my cycle looked like this day one 20mg then 30/40/40/50/50/50. 1800 fish oil, 1000 taurine,two caps organ sheild and im always on vitamins and gluclosamine. i took MP assault pre workout which rocks on its own and hydrobuilder after. for the most part i always eat organic if i can and if not i try to make the best choices that i can. left overs are key!!
Well i have to say i even tho most of you say ten days or more, I really felt like i came out of the gate flying! My mood was up and i was nice and tite. I swear im wired wrong anyways. I have to say i didnt go in with a workout plan. i realy wanted to just go in and push hard to get going. My first three weeks i planned more on high protein and clean calories to gain. then the last three weeks go in to rip. mind you i started in Feb. and ended now for tank top tune up time. so for the first three weeks i gained almost 10 pounds. im sure it wasnt all epi but my max was 315 bench and legs shot up to 425.
the only sides i felt was mild back pumps in the beginning and some really mild acne. the taurine wiped that out fast! its in the assault to. O and most days when i would get home to relax i was done so i guess some lethargy.
week 4 i cut back the calories and started my cardio and since i had already been on for three weeks i was running smooth. not much rust. I must be lucky because my joints never really got to me. any ways to wrap it up week six i was starting to get a good grip on the 315 and even tho i burnt up some pounds, mabey 4, i still had the strength. My body % got down to 10% which i was impressed.
I have to say i really think you could do both with epistane, get some decent size or shred some body fat.
the price was a little steep, two bottles for 80 could have been better but i cant b it did the job.
for my post cycle im taking post cycle 2 and some extra trib. would love to get my hands on some nov. but im having a tuff time doing that. If anyone has a way let me know.
  • No Sides
Librarian1
  April 26, 2011

This is my first supplement review.

I started a Cycle of Epistane, OxyElite Pro and PowerFULL on March 14, 2011 for 6 weeks. Bought everything on eBay.

I'm 6'0 feet tall and the weighted 188 pounds and and had a waist of 34 inches. I also had a little Gyno for using Deca at 21 years of age.

When I finished the cycle was 196 pounds and 31 inch waist. Lost a little of te Gyno ...but not much.

Cycle Description

Epistane Week 1 (1 Capsule) Week 2 to 5 (2 caspsules)

OxyElite Pro Week 1 to 6 (1 Caspsule Morning and 1 afternoon)

Powerful Week 4 and 5 (2 Capsules) Week 6 ( 1 Capsule)

Exercise Regimen ( P90x videos)

Diet: 5 meals...no Protein Shakes (SED Rate through the roof and Joint pain when I use it)... occasional beer :)

Side effects: Back acne...a little anger, nipple itch and horny as hell

I know some of you will question the use of OxyElite.. but this products controls my cravings for sugar in the afternoon and picks me up in the morning. Powerful help me sleep better, but I think is the one that increase my libido. I recommend PowerFULL as the best recovery supplement I ever used.

I stayed with Only 2 Epistane capsules before training because when I went for 3 capsules in week 3 my nipples started itching and got a bad case of back acne...when I went back to 2 capsules it got controlled. It is important to listen to your body.

I am not a body builder but like to stay in shape and for me Epistane is an awesome supplement. I bought the last bottle on eBay... i think for my next Cycle.

Please feel free to ask any questions.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reverses Gyno
    NeonStealth
      October 16, 2010

I must say, for my first PH, this was definately probably the best supplements I have taken in a long time. Considering that a I bought into alot of GNC's garbage.. But I decided to give this a try since I heard alot of good things about this product.

The price was not too bad. got mine for $50. It smells like sulfur, so if you want to know if urs is legit, just smell it lol... It smells like crap.

I'm on my 2nd week. The only problem I had was my BP was up and got nauseous, but then I found out is because I was taking caffeine with it, and was told that ph's dont need to be taken with any other stims or creatines. So i dropped the jack3d and now I have zero complaints. Only thing I noticed is that my joints are very dry and i get some minor aching. I'm taking Joint supplement vitamin pack and a Cycle Assist, so I'm hoping that will clear things up a bit.

But other than that, I loved this product. I noticed some dry lean gains that were noticeable on the 3rd day which really amazed me. My girlfriend was even questioning me on how I toned up so easily!