Nitro-PEAK

By Inner Armour
Nitro-PEAK Inner Armour
7.3/10
(Weighted average based on 12 Reviews)

Ranks #92 of 107 (better than 14%)
in Protein > Whey Protein
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

bosox516

Nitro Peak has a decent ingredient profile

This product was on a "NEW!" display in the front area of Vitamin World a while back, and in my limited knowledge, the ingredient profile looked pretty good, so I decided to try it out. Since purchasing it, and in the time since joining this site, I realize my research wasn't sufficient enough to spend as much money as I did. But we live and learn. I can't say I'm completely satisfied with this protein, specifically because of how expensive it is, but I did see some positive results, and I've definitely had worse. If you look at the spread of Inner Armour products, they have some concentrated BCAA mixtures, some MASS gainers, etc., so this is a sort of "catch-all" blend that would be best suited for someone who doesn't want 5 or 6 tubs of stuff on their shelf.

Profile: 7/10 - This product contains both Whey (concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate) and Casein proteins, which covers both immediate nutritional needs post-workout and long term absorption. It also contains a respectable compliment of Glutamine and BCAAs for muscle recovery and aiding in gaining lean muscle mass. The label touts a proprietary enzyme blend called the "Aminogen Complex," which should ideally aid in digestion and absorption, but who really knows. I would have liked to see more protein per serving, and a higher proportion of whey isolate or hydrolysate to concentrate, based on the price.

Taste/Mixability: 7/10 - I bought the Strawberry flavor. I would typically mix one scoop of powder with about 24+ ounces of water in my shaker bottle, and a few good shakes usually did the trick. Once in a while, though, I'd get some stubborn clumps that would stick to the bottom and be incredibly hard to get rid of, and would even be left at the bottom of my shaker when I'd finished drinking. I'd also sometimes mix it with milk, which tastes SO much better and is a lot more enjoyable, but the mixing is much more difficult, and it gets very thick. This is one of the better tasting proteins I've had, and it never got old for me, but the mixing issues get annoying after a while. I suspect if you used 2 scoops (which I was tempted to, and would have if not for the price), the mixing would be even more difficult.

Results: 6/10 - I did experience some gains in size and strength while on this product, but I can't possibly contribute those gains solely to this product. I lift hard, and eat a lot, so I would naturally expect gains to follow. But between strictly eating well and supplementing my protein intake with this product, I believe I experienced more noticeable gains at a faster pace. This could very well be due to the BCAAs, as my protein intake is typically pretty solid but doesn't contain Aminos in this reduced form. I wish I'd felt the effects of the glutamine a lot more, as I didn't really notice any difference in recovery time, but I might have if I'd dosed up to 2 scoops, so you may want to do so. I didn't experience any negative side effects from this product. No digestive issues, discomfort, bad gas, etc. The "Aminogen" enzyme blend may have aided in this, but I very rarely have problems digesting things anyway, and haven't with any other protein, so I can't really tell.

Value: 5/10 - This is what really brings down my rating of the product. I got the 4.4 lb. tub at around $40, and considering what each serving holds, this seems steep to me. If you take only one scoop, there are 55 servings, but 2 would probably be more effective, and that thereby cuts longevity in half. I would rather go with a smaller tub of another product that contains more beneficial ingredients per serving, where one scoop would go much further. Based on the label, this blend contains more whey concentrate than either isolate or hydrolysate, which is not ideal.

Overall: 6/10 - In summary, Nitro Peak has a decent ingredient profile, and could very well aid in lean MASS and strength gains. But because of the price, and aggravating mixing issues, I won't be purchasing this product again. It may work well for you, and I do believe it can yield some results, but I think there are much better protein blends out there.

Thank you for reading. I hope this helps aid someone's research.

• Very Thick

Great detailed review+

Posted August 8, 2011
Thanks bro, reviews are usually how I make my decisions so I want to provide the same details I'd be looking for.

Cray

Posted August 8, 2011
Great review. Shame you didn't get more attention. Keep at it.

Posted August 8, 2011
Thanks a lot, Cray. I appreciate it man.

FlashSunday

Posted August 8, 2011
Nice review. I was looking into trying Inner Armour since I saw their booth at the Arnold. Thanks for the perspective!

Posted August 9, 2011
i would like to know if you could help on this, how many oz of water or milk i have to put on and how many scoops of powder, and can i take it on the breakfast, before workout, after workout and before going to bed or no

Posted August 9, 2011
@lachydesigns

This is a good anytime protein, but because its protein comes primarily from whey, it digests quickly and is therefore better immediately after a workout or in the morning for quick protein supply. You would be better to eat some cottage cheese before bed, as a slow-digesting nutrient source.

Regarding the mixing, about 20-24 oz. of water or milk should do, and you can use one or two scoops depending on your needs. Anything more than two scoops would be wasting the product. This isn't the greatest mixing powder, however. You might get some decent sized clumps. It dissolves better in water, but tastes far better in milk.

ericb

Overall a solid product

I'm surprised the product hasn't achieved a higher rating. Being a blend the product is comparible to ON's nitrocore 24 and BSN's syntha 6. I would rate it higher than the other two based on its profile, you get glutamine and BCAA's in each serve as well as a good mix of protein sources (for a cheaper price as well). In terms of taste, vanilla is very good (avoid the strawberry though). Mixability is on par with ON and Syntha 6 which are probably two of the easier products to mix. After years of using ON's gold standard whey post workout I now use this product only and couldn't be happier with it. I find the blend keeps me satisfied longer as well which was the main issus I had using whey. Overall a solid product.

GW

The taste was o.k, nothing to brag about

I tried a 4.4 tub of chocolate. First off: I would recommend using more liquid than suggested as the consistency is very thick using only 5-6 ounces of liquid per scoop. The taste was o.k, nothing to brag about. Tastes better with milk, then again, what doesn't; It also left a funny after taste in my mouth. I did notice, when taking post workout, some mediocre changes in physique, but not any more than from other proteins I've tried. This product did make me feel fuller, longer, and that could be a good or bad thing depending on your goals.

• Good Source Of Glutamine

I decided to pick up a tub of this when i walked into GNC and seen it marked down. Obviously like most of you this is how i try most new or nomally expensive proteins. I treid the chocolate and it mixed quite well. I was however disappointed to see that when i went on to GNC.com it was only 39.99 and I got it for a markeddown price of 41. I should've just waited until Goldcard week or went online.

Effectiveness:I gave it 6/10, Being its main source of Protein is whey concentrate as opposed to whey isolate or hydroslate the absorbtion could be better. On the upside it has 8.2g of Glutamine and 9.7g of BCAAs per 2 scoops. I had decent gains, but i notice no different resluts than any other basic 100% whey protein.

Value:I gave it 7/10, Depending on where you get it, it could be a decent value. If you get it during Goldcard week online its 31.99 and if you are dumb like me, you buy it at the store and would get it for 42.99.

Overall: I Gave it a 6/10, because for the same price i would rather get ON 100% Whey or even GNC's Wheybolic( Which also costs too much).

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Source Of Glutamine
    • Good Mixing

Even feel a pump after taking this stuff throught the day

I must say i polished off a 4.4 lb tub of this stuff pretty quickly. I think the taste is very good especially with milk. Even feel a pump after taking this stuff throught the day. Has lot of Glutamine in it as well. Would buy this product again.

moee
      (0)

amazing results

awsome....
      great taste..
      amazing results.. u dn have to pay a fortune to get ur goal..
      i didnt gain weight but my shape has been improving a lot since i started with this nitro peak.
      awsome....
      great taste..
      amazing results.. u dn have to pay a fortune to get ur goal..
      the ratio of protein is satisfying with 24g for each serving but the product is a little bit thick, and its hard to mix it without a blender..

• Quality Protein/carb Ratio
      • Very Thick

have noticed decent lean Muscle Gains and speeded recovery

I have been trying Nitro-PEAK(vanilla)for about 2-3 weeks and have noticed decent lean Muscle Gains and speeded recovery. The taste is not the best, but I have certainly had worse(mass-tech/strawberry.) Unfortunately, The side effects of extreme excess gas and multiple bowl movements after just a single scoop have caused me to stop my use after about half a tub. And the smell of these effects are unbearable. I've used many different protein supplements over the years, and this one is by far the worst I've experienced in that area. This being said, I would continue to use this product if it didn't have such strong negative effects with the digestion.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Add Lean Mass
      • Good Mixing
      • Good Source Of Glutamine
      • Side Effects

Joshuaco

Posted April 18, 2011
      the taste on vanilla is god awful

Got the chocolate and its one of the best tasting proteins ive ever had

got the chocolate and its one of the best tasting proteins ive ever had. the recovery is nice but a little pricey so i got it with a sale. the overall results are decent.

• Good Mixing

Good amino profile and has some glutamine pretty solid for the price

Good Product. I use a scoop of this along with a scoop of 100% Whey for post workout. 100% by itself in water is too watery, but this stuff is nice and thick. Taste great and texture. Good amino profile and has some glutamine pretty solid for the price

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Good Mixing
        • Add Lean Mass

I would highly recomend to find another supplement than this

I got a 4.4 lb. tub and it was not great at all.i took this during trck and nothing really changed in my performence. i wanted to get faster but my times were almost identical to eachother. the taste tasted like oatmeal and took a while to mix. i would highly recomend to find another supplement than this.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • It Has A Nice Name

Posted April 17, 2010
          Protein by itself won't do anything for you outside of recovery man. Were you stacking any carbs with it to build up lean mass?