Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA > Inner Armour > BCAA Peak > Reviews

BCAA Peak

By Inner Armour
BCAA Peak Inner Armour
7.9/10
(Weighted average based on 4 Reviews)

Ranks #23 of 94 (better than 76%)
in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Literally Loaded with Lots of Leutine!

What's up SR!! Up for review is Inner Armour's BCAA Peak. This was one of my usual impulse buys at Vitamin Shoppe and I was happy I tried it.

Profile:9
Serving Size 1 scoop(10.5g)
Micronized L-Leucine 6.2g
Micronized L-Glutamine 2.5g
Micronized L-Isoleucine...

Profile:9
Serving Size 1 scoop(10.5g)
Micronized L-Leucine 6.2g
Micronized L-Glutamine 2.5g
Micronized L-Isoleucine 500mg
Micronized L-Valine 500mg
Other Ingredients:
Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Blue 1.

Very simple and versatile. This comes with a 12:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine which is relatively new. It seems they keep trying to see how much leucine they can get away with. There has been a lot of talk about leucine being looked at a very necessary and desired ingredient. Some glutamine added in which is fine and leaves this open to be added to and allows for a greater range of use.

Dosing:10
Like I mentioned before. This is very versatile and can be used whenever you need aminos. The flavor is great and can be sipped on all day but not so dyed out so you can take in intra without concern for stomach issues. I think its perfect. I like being able to add my own extras if I can instead of paying extra for potentially underdosed extras. I usually stuck with 1 scoop intra but expanded into 2 scoops intra and sipping throughout the day.

Taste/Mix: 8.9
The flavor was watermelon and was very satisfying. It had kind of a weird smell to it but tastes great. Mixes as you would expect with the percentage of leucine with some more foam than you may be used to. It doesn't bother me at all and even at 2 scoops in a 20 oz shaker it's still not bad.

Effectiveness:9.4

Wow. It is rare that you find a bcaa that you really do feel makes a big difference in recovery. I was very busy during this run and didn't always get to eat like I wanted. I still trained very hard and even jumping into GVT was not that big of a deal for me as it was for others that I know. I was very very impressed and mentioned this several times to my buddies throughout the run. Great job by the boys at Inner Armour.

Value:8.3

You can find this for 20 so it's great at 1 scoop and I believe you could easily get away with a scoop. Even if you throw 3 scoops in a gallon for the day that helps too. I don't think it's that bad for the results. Just start with a scoop and if you don't see the difference then maybe you should be doing other things to help recovery.

Overall:9.4
I highly recommend you give this a try. Find a deal and jump on it. It makes me want to see what else these guys have to offer. Great job, great product. Thumbs up!

Pros:
Cons:
  • 12:1:1 Formula
  • Recovery
  • Weird Smell?

Posted February 1, 2014
I have the Nutrabio Leucine and it also smells odd. Like cat food I guess? Could that mean it's more potent?

Solid review

Posted February 1, 2014
Im not sure Loco. It's definitely different than any other amino I've tried but still tastes good. It honestly kinda smells like weed lol. Funky.

workoutguru

Posted February 1, 2014
Good review man. I have been back and forth on wanting to try this. The high amounts of Leucine they put in this I really like and has made me want to try this even more. I think the next time I get a chance to try this I will get it.

Posted February 1, 2014
Thanks Guru. I would honestly just use one scoop intra, pre, or post or mix 3 scoops in a gallon of water when you need it. Boom!!

Posted February 3, 2014
I obviously meant leucine in the title not leutine. Sorry!!

Mooselini

Posted February 3, 2014
the dye in this is insane, my shaker cup is now blue forever lol

Posted February 3, 2014
Yeah Moose I had the watermelon which was a light pink color and didnt have that issue. If it did stain it would have been more subtle than a blue color. Did you get a weird smell with yours?

Sal

Posted February 4, 2014
Leucine in my experience always has a smell you recognize as not common. I used this product and the smell was the first thing I noticed. I was like uughh another rough smelling rough tasting product. However I believe Inner amour mankes good protein and amino product and I will continue to buy when they're on sale.

Posted February 6, 2014
Do you guys recommend buying a BCAA mix alone?? I know you're trying to max out the Leucine but don't top shelf proteins come with a loaded ratio?

Posted February 18, 2014
I think I would rather go with something that has more of the other EAA than just BCAA alone cause like you mention your protein gives you enough BCAA. I think the big ratio of leucine is not as important as getting a good dose of EAA.

slysteps

ill still probably stick with xtend

so i just finished a tub of this about an hour ago. i used it on what i would call a lazy cut...meaning i kept my workout sessions as intense as i could, but rarely ever seemed to get my cardio in.

first off whats in it

Micronized L-Leucine6.2g
Micronized L-Glutamine2.5g
Micronized L-Isoleucine500mg
Micronized L-Valine500mg
notice no citrulline malate which ive noticed to be included in most BCAA supps ive had a gander at.

taste-5: i had watermelon. i found it to be quite bland. at one scoop it tasted like over sweetened watered down koolaid. after a few uses i decide to do 2 scoops so i could get more leucine and the flavor became stronger of course but was still awfully bland. but for me i prefer a somewhat tart taste. and when all you ever drink for the most part is 1 whey shake or water. you tend to appreciate having a tasty fruity type drink. so this didnt meet my cravings for that.

profile-8: when reviewing a BCAA i like to compare to the more popular products like xtend or modern bcaa. so comparing this to xtend per scoop you get twice the leucine (which may some consider the more important BC) the same amount of glutamine. but under 1/3 the amount of isoleucine and valine. basically you have to double scoop if you want a good amount of all the ingredients IMO.

price-6: well i purchased this at vitamin shoppe for roughly 30 dollars. i later found you could get it online for around 21. this is a fair price for a bcaa and xtend is around the same price. BUT at 2 scoops you are getting only 15 servings. which makes this pretty expensive even at $20.

mixability-10: i mean its all micronized so its a light powder. mixes well never any grains.

effectiveness-8: ok well as i said ive been cutting so my caloric intake has been fairly low. and ive also hit some rough times financially so i havent been eating as much as i should protein wise as well as my other macros. (kinda hard to do when youre 210lbs and broke lol). and i also havent been getting a great amount of sleep. anyways i did notice some decent recovery. most noticeable was leg day soreness. i brutally lifted legs this monday. the next 2-3 days my hams were so sore, especially my right to the point that i somewhat limped. but by today i had no soreness at all. so all things considered id say i can probably attribute some of that to this.

now i say maybe for would i recommend this due to price to necessary serving ratio and flavor. those are my only two qualms with this. sure i might buy it again. wouldnt mind trying blue raspberry.

but for my money and better choice ill still probably stick with xtend or universal atomic 7. or whatever it is my buddy is trying to talk me into trying that has beta alanine in it.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Taste
  • Price In Store
  • Expensive At 2 Scoop Serving

Cray

Posted April 20, 2012
I think "lazy cut" is probably the best way to describe my entire fitness regimen. Clutch description.

You're the only other person who's ever mentioned Atomic 7. Love that junk.

slysteps

Posted April 20, 2012
its a slow cut. but it seems to be working. and im not noticeably losing any mass so i cant really complain lol.

and i think atomic 7 wins for me for flavor and profile from what ive tried thus far.

Jpotter21

Posted April 20, 2012
Tried this stuff too. The value killed it for me. Now I just do bulk leucine by sns so much cheaper just dont get the good flavor! Good review though!

Frankiemusc

I would definitely suggest using this product

I started using intra workout BCAA supps just over 1 1/2 years ago. My prior BCAA intra's include, MBCAA, Amino Energy, Purple Wraath, Recover Pro and Power Shock. Before that I was using water or a diluted mixture of water/sports drinks. Needless to say, I use a BCAA intra workout powder when I lift.

This was a new product at the time and it peaked my interest. The formula is all micronized BCAA's.

The product itself is marketed as a 12:1:1 BCAA ratio, however looking at the packaging profile, 1 scoop is a 6:1:1 ratio (6.2g l-leucine,2.5g l-glutamine, .5g l-isoleucine and .5g l-valine) and 2 scoops is 12:1:1 ratio. At 2 scoops per serving this will last you 20 workouts.

MIXABILITY 7/10

Although micronized, its a step behind MBCAA in terms of mixability. For each workout I used 1.5 scoops in 30 oz of water. As opposed to MBCAA, I had to constantly shake my shaker to alleviate any floaters/powder not dissolved at the top. It wasn't a huge deal, but I did not have to do that with MBCAA.

TASTE 7/10

I got the watermelon flavor. The taste was ok, not great or very good, kind of a tart watermelon taste that took a few days to get used to. It is not sweet tasting at all even with the artificial flavors.

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10

Dosing at 1.5 scoops and after several workouts, I felt I had more noticeable energy toward the end of my workout and during the day after lifting. Not that spent/tired feeling. The recovery was noticeable as well, I was not as sore the day after utilizing new exercises in my routine while using this. Also, after about a week, w/o the use of any pump products or test products, I had fuller muscle bellies during the day, which was a nice plus. Not sure if this was a direct correlation of the product.

VALUE 7/10

Purchased this at M & S for $21.

I dosed this at 1.5 scoops (9.3 g l-leucine, 3.75 g l-glutamine, 750 mg l-isoleucine and 750 mg l-valine), each workout, which lasted my exactly 26 days, which would be .80 cents per day. For me, I felt the value and results of the product warranted 1 month of use, which was pretty good for me.

OVERALL 8/10

I would definitely suggest using this product, especially at 1.5 scoops you are getting 9.3 grams of l-leucine, the BCAA used to trigger protein synthesis=growth.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Leucine Dosage
  • Recovery
  • Ok Taste

Posted February 26, 2012
Nice review Frankie, I'm gonna have check this stuff out. But I don't think the ratio changes depending on the scoops.

Posted February 26, 2012
Nice reweiw I just love this stuff the best price for this is at Vitamin World in store price 14.66

MrX

Posted February 26, 2012
great review. Might try this after i finish recon

This is a great addition to your post workout

I was introduced to this product recently, and all I can say is I LOVE this product.

In the past years I was only using the typical 2:1:1 ration for BCAAs, but this is a pretty nice change for me at a 12:1:1 ration. I don't like the deception of 12:1:1 and stating 12 grams of Leucine because in reality that is with 2 scoops/2 servings and not one serving.

Still, at 1 scoop you get6 grams of Leucine, 2.5 grams of Glutamine, 0.5 grams of isoleucine and 0.5 grams of valine. I would have preferred if they lowered the Glutamine and increased the Valine and Isoleucine a bit.

Overall, highest quality. Unlike many BCAAs products, Inner Armour uses Ajipure amino acids (BCAAs), the highest quality and standard for Amino Acids. The taste is great and refreshing (I tried the Blue Raspberry) , mixes instantly with a spoon or shaking. I take it part of my post workout drink. I have noticed some great improvement in recovery time overall.

This is a great addition to your post workout. If you have been using 2:1:1 BCAAs, and wanted to try something different (experiment with higher doses of Leucine to see how it impacts recovery) then you should give this product a try.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Leucine Dosage
  • Recovery
  • 20 Servings