GABA

By: Higher Power

joe651dzd

Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, or GABA is used by students for focus, and body builders for Optimum sleep and testosterone (didn't notice any of that). It is primaraly sold in powder form, and readily available in capsule form.

Value: 10/10 - I bought this product off BodyBuilding.com. A 300 gram tub cost's 14.99. I would take a 3 gram dose with a protein shake about 20 minutes before I wanted to go to sleep. 3/300 = 100 servings. 100/15 = .15 cents per dose. That's 15 cents for a good night's sleep. My workout to work schedule is very sparadic, so when I need to pass out; I need to pass out. 15 cents later and i'm out! Can you beat that??

Quality: I have never taken another GABA product so I can only assume this is of the highest quality, either way I will not try another brand since this one works so well for me. What's the point??

Side Effects: I was worried the first two times I took this product. I took three grams of GABA with protein, ten minutes later I had very wierd itches all over, very uncomfortable, and nothing like beta lol. A minute after that I started severely hyperventalating, it was very scary. Maybe three minutes later I was out like a light. Woke up the next day feeling phenominal though. I did some research and found out that they were both actually the only known side effects; so it didn't worry me as much. I will admitt for a while the hyperventalation was very overwhelming. Now i'm just used to it and not effected by it as much; atleast I know it's in my bloodstream. Towards the end of the tub I wouldn't fall asleep right away, instead I would almost feel....stoned...but not in a bad way, soon after I would be ready to pass out...infact I would want to pass out.. HAHA

Taste: This stuff has to be mixed, it tastes very bitter and almost burns the toungue when mixed alone with water. When mixed with a protein shake you can still taste it, with a gainer you cant. Not a big deal, it does what it does and that's why I bought it in the first place.

If you have had problems with Melitonin, or ZMA like I have, try GABA. It works better than any sleep supplement I have ever tried! Heck, why not even add it to a sleep stack. Sleep is soooo important for body builders. If you get home late and have to wake up early why would you want to deprive yourself of something as important as sleep?? MAKE GAINS! USE GABBA!

Also!! You don't have to watch your calcium intake around the time of dosing like other sleep aids!!!

GO GABBA!

(this is probably my favorite product right now)
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Phenominal Sleep
  • Relaxation

• toolhead

Nice review joe.
    • Petrovich
      January 19, 2011

Good review, definitely gonna give it a try. I wasn't a big fan of zma.
      January 19, 2011

Thanks and yea, do it! Please don't over esteemate the side effects, they are goofy the first time; but not a big deal. If I was that worried about it I wouldn't have finished the tub.
    • Petrovich
      January 19, 2011

I wouldn't mind the side effects at all, if anything it will be interesting lol
    • BigRob
      January 19, 2011

Experienced the same thing with hyperventilation and itches, but it became weaker after a few weeks.
      I think GABA is a great sleep aid, but i´ll stick with ZMA because of the value and the knock out, which i didn´t experience with GABA.

Good review, rep´d :)

Thanks Big,

when you take gaba do you take it a while before you go to sleep???

I just grabbed 3 bottles off wheycheap.com for 6.99 a 30 day cycle and took some last night. I wasn't tired for a couple hours...

when i was tired i was really tired but i know that's not standard.

maybe it just doesn't effect me that well?

**ZMA
    • jaerose
      January 20, 2011

Good review and description of the supplement. So far, this is definitely the best value size for your money that I've found.

You will feel "itchy" like a niacin flush and/or rush of blood to your skin and you can get some chest tightness/weird breathing, but it's nothing harmful...just odd as Joe says.

It is one of those supplements you feel working, which is nice.
    • Antell32
      January 20, 2011

I thought I was crazy when I experienced this too! Man... I sleep a solid 8-10 and wake up feeling drugged. Fantastic for recovery and REM sleep.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.