Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews

By: GNC

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #82 of 91 (better than 10%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

Wheybolic Extreme 60 is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by GNC. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (14)
THIS PRODUCT

500mg
CATEGORY AVG

500mg

Variation of the amino acid L-Carnitine that burns body fat and speeds post workout recovery.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
14095mg

Purest form of whey protein that maximizes protein synthesis and minimizes muscle breakdown with almost no carbs or fats.

FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

Veljko
  January 30, 2011

Well ever since i started getting serious about lifting i was introduced to WHEYBOLIC 60. Little did i know it would be the gateway to my current obsession with lifting. After the first month of working out on a strict schedule WHILST keeping strict about drinking WHEYBOLIC twice a day (Once in morning/once after workout) I saw substantial gains. Not only was i able to recover faster than usual but i just noticed a natural lean/bulky side to myself. Its hard to explain but i got bigger off this stuff for sure. I would recommend anyone to take this that wants to get some solid NATURAL gains. Take in mind that you must also WORK hard. Gains just don't come. It takes diet, dedication, and time. If you take this as directed im sure you will be just as happy as i was. Although im done with my 4th bottle i still have to complain about the price. It is a little too high for my taste. Overall though i would recommend this protein to someone that is willing to use it timely and LIFT BIG.
Well this was my first review, sorry if i got a little bit carried away.

Thanks,
Veljko
gsmith127
  January 3, 2013

This is my protein of choice when I'm willing to splurge. I've taken on and off over the past few years. It's a very good product yet a tad pricey. It gives me great pumps and a lasting stream of energy with no crash or side effects other than the normal, positive side effects of arginine intake such as belly tightening. It does not taste great but that is expected with a product that actually works. I wish they wouldn't call this "wheybolic" because it has tricked some of my friends I've recommended it to into thinking it is a prohormone. In a sense it is a mild prohormone but I've never experienced any negative side effects and wouldn't expect to given its ingredients. It certainly doesn't feel like actual prohormones I've taken before. I highly recommend this protein if you are serious about working out and have a little money to spend. You will love your workouts and see results.
rqw1968
  October 20, 2011

The GNC recommended this product when I expressed wanting something LC that would help build muscle and ease recovery. Yes, it's pricey. But, I've just finished my 2nd bag and will budget so I can buy the big container next week.

So far, my weight is not changing. HOWEVER, I'm losing inches on my waist and tummy at a very rapid rate, so I know I'm losing fat. I can visibly see muscles developing, even though I still had close to 30 lbs to lose before starting weight training.

Recovery doesn't take long at all. When I first started working out, I couldn't raise my arms high enough to brush my hair the next morning. I mixed a shake (2 scoops; 40g protein) and had it for breakfast. Less than an hour later, the pain was almost completely gone. Actually, I'd forgotten I was even hurting earlier. LOL That had NEVER happened to me before. Day 2, no issues. Since having my 2 scoops every morning, recovery has been a non-issue.

When I mix shakes, I get the vanilla powder and mix it in a blender bottle with 12-16oz Unsweetened Almond Milk, EZ-Sweetz, 2 raw eggs, and various extracts. Deeeeelish !

Here's hoping to be Muscle Beach bikini-ready by summer, with the help of this product !

Ladies: Buy it. You won't be sorry. Just make sure you're doing your part with lifting.

Guys: Stick with it. The scales may be leveling off, but I'd be willing to bet your body fat is going down while your muscle mass is increasing

When I can actually SEE results in my body's re-composition in the mirror in such a short amount of time, I know SOMEthin's up. GOOD LUCK !!!
  • Quite Expensive
makeshift
  June 16, 2011

Ok this review is WAY overdue..Well after I ran out of my EAS whey I decided to try this since it was "supposed" to be better. I had pretty good gains on the EAS and hoped to see more out of the Wheybolic...

Value-6/10 If you can get it on sale its not a bad deal. But other than that its alittle pricy for any of the sizes

Taste-5/10 At first I really liked the taste. But about halfway through the tub i couldnt stomach it anymore and had to mix with ice cream and peanut butter to drink it. This was the chocolate and coockies and cream both.

Effectiveness-5/10 I did see little gains but nothing like I expected. There are way better proteins for cheaper or better priced

Overall-5/10 I was pretty disappointed all around with this. But then again you cant win em' all can you? This just didnt work for me, but everyone is different so maybe it could work on you...If you must have this only get it on sale.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Recovery
  • Mixes Great
  • Quite Expensive
  • Tastes Bad
  • Hyped Up By Gnc Guys
kidmirk
  January 27, 2011

Hey all, this was one of my first proteins I've ever taken so its been a while.Obviously I was a newbie for buying this product,GMC people always have lead me in the wrong directon.I bought in to all of the thing's they were telling me and most of it was them just reading the signs by the product.First I want to say this protein is average there are many out there cheaper, better, and even both.The overall effect from taking a shake before breakfast and after workouts was average,but definetly overrated and over priced.

Value-6/10
A 6 is generous considering at the time I was just taking protein and GNC old creatine I didn't stack or buy alot of supplements,looking back now there are so many other proteins out there that fit many people's stack better.

Taste-8/10
8 is for being a good quality protein that even had a good tasting vanilla if they got that then its usually just a good tasting product no matter what the flavor is.

Effectiveness-7/10
It's definitely a 7 due to the fact it made me feel more solid after 6 weeks,but there are better whey proteins this just cuts the ice, it don't skate.

Overall-7/10
Price and quality were overrated and over advertised,but it got the job done as a whey,but I would recommend/use protalyn,ONs,or Dymatizes elite over this product for the fact many of you are looking for best quality and value.Hope this helped!
  • Insanely Expensive.
Ecto78
  December 5, 2010

What can I say...I love this protein. I just wish it was cheaper. I buy most of my supps online but there is a GNC corporate store nearby that will have stuff 75% off when it gets close to expiration. I scored quite a bit of this and I like it because of the taste and mixability.

Mixability: 10/10 This stuff mixes easily in tap water. Just stir it, wait about 60 seconds, and slam it. Mixes great with no chunks or anything, which makes it very easy and convienient.

Taste: 9/10 I give it high marks in taste because it isn't obnoxious and doesn't leave an aftertaste. The flavor is actually weak, there isn't much there.

Effects: All I can say is that I have experienced great gains while including this in my stack.

Overall: I really like it, but I won't buy it unless it's 75% off. At regualar price I can get alot more for alot less money. Gains, taste and mixability are the reasons for a high overall rating. It is also really thin when mixed in water, which makes it easier to drink. I'd buy more if it were cheaper and if I see it on sale again I'll reup. I recommend if you can find a deal on it.

Oh, and its been replaced by Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 so it might be hard to find. On the other hand, if you do find it, you might be able to get a deal since its an older version.
PTfootball54
  August 9, 2010

This was one of my first protein powders i ever tried besides EAS ( I tried this multiple times, got a few tubs when i was 13, then i recently tried another tub a few weeks ago). Has an amazing amino acid profile (TONS of leucine, and glutamine) and of course a lot of protein along with pretty much no fat or carbs. The problems i had with this were that Its really expensive, there arnt a lot of servings per tub. Also all the protein is whey protein and your body cant absorb all 60 grams of whey, i know i could of split the servings up but i was 13 at the time with no knowledge of nutrition or supplementation so i didnt know any better, although i did split up the servings the second time around. The last problem isnt about the product but about how the GNC guys always hyped the crap out of this stuff. I literally had a guy tell me the stuff i was buying (ON 100% Whey) was "crap" and how i was going "to get huge" on this stuff. Then i told him how i already tried it and jokingly said that i didnt get huge, then he said "well protein doesnt build muscle, this stuff does" (as he shows me the AMP creatine 189 pills). I was about to go off on this guy but i just wanted to get out of that store. Anyways, its a good protein powder, just to expensive and hyped up way too much.
  • Insanely Expensive.