Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > GNC > Wheybolic Extreme 60

GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60

Wheybolic Extreme 60 GNC
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (79 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 59% (Uncertain)
LOWEST Prices for Wheybolic Extreme 60 (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
27.89 Buy Wheybolic Extreme 60 Thousands of Supplements! Buy Wheybolic Extreme 60
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
Body Fortress Premium Whey Protein Reviews
Premium Whey Protein (61 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
Dymatize Elite Whey Reviews
Elite Whey (71 Reviews)
BSN True-Mass Reviews
True-Mass (42 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

HELP!! AMP Women's Ripped Vitapak & AMP amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60
I am new to taking anything at all. Three months ago I began this better lifesty...

GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, BSN's N.O. Xtreme 2.0, and AminoX
Is there an issue of use these around same time in the morning since that is wha...

Ripped vitapak(gnc) + n.o explode 2.0 + gnc Wheybolic Extreme 60
I'm a rookie at this so this is what I'm taking... My goal is too los...

Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 / right stuff for cutting weight???
OK I'm a newb here so be gentle!!!  lol    So I picked up...

Optimum 100% Whey vs. Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 vs. ON 100% Whey
I am finishing up my first tub of Amp and considering getting a second because o...

$45 AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, 3 lb + Free GNC GoldCard
So I ran out of protein and after looking around found this as the best deal: ...

Myogenix's After Shock vs Wheybolic Extreme 60, post lift, muscle gains not fat
i have been taking wheybolic, do you think after shock would help me with muscle...

GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60™ - Chocolate
what is a good milkshake recipe i can make from this product?  It tastes go...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Wheybolic Extreme 60 is GNC's most popular protein. It is made with high quality whey protein isolate, which is one of the highest quality whey proteins available. Many swear by this product due to its effectiveness, ease of digestion and good taste.

Wheybolic Extreme 60 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Builds Muscle (28)
    • Less Sore The Day Aftr Lifts (19)
    • Good Taste (19)
    • Quick Recovery (15)
    • Too Expensive (14)
    • Hyped Up By Gnc Guys (9)
    • Quite Expensive (8)
    • Tastes Bad (8)
    March 11, 2010

Age: 26

March 11, 2010
     I have tried this product in the past when I used to think that people that worked at GNC actually knew what they were talking about and got sold on the idea that if a Protein supp costs more that it must be great. Well I am here to tell you that I have yet to try a Protein that is worth this kind of money. Also they say that a serving is 3 scoops which totals to a whopping 60g of Protein which is too much at one time for most people even post workout. The effects were no better than lots of Protein supps that I have tried for much less money. Even if you have the money to pay $60 for a tiny tub I wouldnt recommend it. On top of the price it is one of the worst tasting Proteins that I have ever had. Terrible buy just like most GNC brand products.
    • Insanely Expensive.

Joined: 3/2010
    Reputation: +1729
    PS. No offense to anyone who works at GNC that knows their ***. But I have just had bad experience in the past with employees of GNC that dont know the game and look like couch potatoes.

plosee214
    plosee214

Joined: 3/2009
    Reviews: 2
    Reputation: 0
    So it's terrible like most Optimum nutrition products then right? Because ON is the maker of all the GNC brand Proteins...

Joined: 3/2010
    Reputation: +1729
    I didn't say that it was a terrible product. I said that it was a terrible buy due to the price compared to other products that are out there. GNC brands tend to fit this trend.

Reputation: +13
    Thought I'd reply since I'm on the product page already...

I'll agree with you on the price! 3 pound for 45 - 60 bucks is way too much. But I have nothing bad to say about this product, other than the price.

It has levels of arginine that are sufficient, I can actually say that I felt more vascular after using this supplement.

January 3, 2013

gsmith127

Age: 31

January 3, 2013
     This is my protein of choice when I'm willing to splurge. I've taken on and off over the past few years. It's a very good product yet a tad pricey. It gives me great pumps and a lasting stream of energy with no crash or side effects other than the normal, positive side effects of arginine intake such as belly tightening. It does not taste great but that is expected with a product that actually works. I wish they wouldn't call this "wheybolic" because it has tricked some of my friends I've recommended it to into thinking it is a prohormone. In a sense it is a mild prohormone but I've never experienced any negative side effects and wouldn't expect to given its ingredients. It certainly doesn't feel like actual prohormones I've taken before. I highly recommend this protein if you are serious about working out and have a little money to spend. You will love your workouts and see results.
    May 17, 2012

Age: 29

May 17, 2012
     To say that this product tastes bad is an understatement! I swear it was nothing short of drinking rancid baby vomit. I have tried Many protein and meal replacement shakes in the past decade and this is BY FAR the worst! I honestly can't imagine anyone buying this if they knew how bad it really was! I can not really list any pro's about it because Drinking something that is so gross seriously outweighs the good for me! AWFUL!!!

Reputation: +13
      I know what you mean about the flavor, and I hate ALMOST all GNC products. The taste of this product is terrible, but if you want a great recovery shake, then try out the "AMPLIFIED Wheybolic Extreme 60" the flavor is bad, but it has a great protein profile and you'll feel very little to no soreness.

Reputation: +2877
      If taste is what you care about, consider Dairy Queen.

Reputation: -7
      Um... seriously Blade? Rude much? It's not that I expect them to taste great. However I also expect it to not taste like rancid baby vomit, and wheybolic most certainly does. There are lots of shakes out there with basically the same stuff as wheybolic and not nearly as nasty. So my review is that it vile. You don't have to agree. Kudos to you on the supremely immature reply though. :)

Reputation: +13
      I'm not a big GNC supporter but, I've heard a lot of great things about Lean Shakes, they're supposed to taste really good and they helped a lot of people lose weight and control their weight.

Taste isn't a big thing for me, but if you wanna get some tasty drinks I'd hit up some Lean Shakes, supposedly they taste way better than yoohoo haha.

Reply #5:

Reputation: -7
      I'm actually drinking Total lean shakes now. I had a canister of that first. No shakes taste "good" in my opinion, but there is a difference between bad and disgusting. Wheybolic I had after the total lean.

Reply #6:

Reputation: +2877
      I love dairy queen, it's so tasty.

Reply #7:

Joined: 8/2011
      Reviews: 63
      Reputation: +3035
      i hate to say it but blade is right. a lot of what we take in during this lifestyle will not taste like it says on the bottle. for example try some beef amnios or beef protein isolate by dymatize.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +2877
      Of course I am right Hulk. We aren't trying to satisfy the appitite, we are trying to fuel the body. I couldn't care less how things taste.

Reply #9:

Joined: 8/2011
      Reviews: 63
      Reputation: +3035
      compare this to fruit punch carnivor and this was dairy queen

Reply #10:
      FlashSunday
      FlashSunday

Joined: 1/2011
      Reviews: 77
      Reputation: +3345
      Did you mix this with milk or water? I thought Wheybolic Extreme tasted fine, you might want to check the expiration of your milk container if it was that bad. Oh and thanks for the detailed review, did you even finish a container of this product? That is actually required in order to post a review, but judging on your attention to detail you probably missed that too.

Reply #11:
      Clipper83
      Clipper83

Joined: 1/2012
      Reviews: 79
      Reputation: +2320
      I agree with it being a bit pricy, it's actually not the most expensive protein around but still a lot. BOGO on a GC week is they way to go with this. Anyways, this is actually one of the best tasting protein powders gnc has to offer imo. I love the Banana flavor and its 3rd on my list of favorite protein tastes, after Myofusion cinnamon roll and Syntha 6 Strawberry. Weird

Reply #12:

Reputation: -7
      Seems to me like this place has some rather immature individuals. Because my review is negative, not because it tastes bad, but because it tastes rancid, I'm being bashed? You feel the need to make derogatory comments toward me? Grow up. I'm here for the same reason as anyone, fitness. I used to be an athlete and I'm trying to get back there. You don't have to agree with my review or like it. However, you also do not need to be belligerent and rude. I'm sorry, it tastes rancid to me. Not "not good", not "bad", it was disgusting to try and choke down. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. My opinion is that I'd rather have something with the same basic benefits without a taste that makes me wanna vomit. Again, you don't have to agree, but maybe you could try acting like adults and respect that my opinion of the product is different than yours.

Reply #13:
      workoutnoob
      workoutnoob

Joined: 9/2010
      Reputation: +182
      Not trying to sound rude but next time try adding more details about the product more than the taste value such as effectiveness, profiles, recovery or anything else. It's a good start, but try to concentrate less on little things and more on the big picture. :)

March 20, 2012

Age: 33

March 20, 2012
       DO NOT LET ANYONE AT GNC LIE TO YOU ABOUT THIS PRODUCT. Wheybolic 60 is a scam. I know for a fact that there are a number of proteins out there with a much better amino acid blend, better taste, better mixing, and for a better price. Wheybolic 60 was the "hot" protein in 2008/2009, but the competition quickly passed them in terms of quality and price. Overall, GNCs prices are pretty poor as well, so if you can, buy your protein elsewhere and save the money.
        • Insanely Expensive.
        • Bloating

Reputation: +3478
        Lol. Good looks. This protein is discontinued.

Reputation: -10
        It's not discontinued. They still sell it under the AMP line and it's the same crappy formula.

Reputation: +3478
        Can I ask why it is crappy? just curious.

Reputation: +3478
        And the original wheybolic and Amp wheybolic are different. I assure you.

Reply #5:

Reputation: -10
        It has the worst reputation for taste, quality, mixability, etc.. And no, they are not different. I worked for GNC for years. It's the same formula with a slightly different (and inferior/outdated) amino blend.

Reply #6:

You're right.

A hydrolyzed whey Isolate protein which is almost always less than a dollar per serving and very comparable to leading proteins in terms of Aminos and is actually known for it's good taste (with the exception of fruit punch) is crappy.

If a protein doesn't work due to your own personal body biochemistry or lack of dedication, don't just say it's a scam. That is very ignorant for an adult your age.

Reply #7:

Reputation: -10
        Hydrolyzed whey protein isn't what I am talking about. It's their mix of hydrolyzed protein that I am talking about. There are a ton of different varieties on the market and a ton that also offer a better amino blend, taste, and mixability. GNC reps are demanded to sell this product even though many of them know it's crap.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +3478
        Their Mix of hydro whey? What are you taking about dude?

You can only get so many naturally occurring aminos from a milk source and then you can only add so many free form aminos. But these aminos all get sequenced in your body and must do so precisely to be able to make proteins.

I've been at GNC for over a year now and I've yet to meet an associate or manager who secretly thinks this protein is crap. You've yet to give me an educated answer on how this protein rates as crappy.

Reply #9:

Reputation: -10
        I am doubting your intelligence here. First, this is and always has been a blended protein of isolate and hydrolyzed whey. Anyone that has a 100% hydro whey beats that, hands down. GNC associates are told to brag about the "leucine blend" in this protein. It's been beaten since 2008 and it only gets more inferior with time. Secondly, their MIX's taste has consistently horrible ratings on taste, many trainers I talk to won't even recommend the protein because they want their clients to actually believe in the products they use. Compare to Gaspari, ON, Isopure, Max Muscle's, and your brand loses on taste every time. Third, it's like $70 dollars now, which any better formulated protein selling on BB.com/Vitamin Shoppe stores/Netrition, etc is $20-$40 cheaper and you're getting a better protein in terms of mix (7 grams of leucine yours versus 8-10 in other brands..then taste..then price). I think YOU need the education here.

Reply #10:

Joined: 9/2011
        Reputation: +420
        sorry stevepolk, im going to doubt your intelligence. you may have worked at gnc several years ago but much has changed since then.

A) i've been a traveling rep for the last 7 years and i will say that NO not all gnc reps are required to sell this particular protein.

B) are there better proteins out there? yes, but that doesnt make this a bad protein.

C) your rating is horrible. 1 really? just cause you dont like the politics behind this protein does not mean that the protein effectiveness is a 1?

D) GNC prices? lets talk about that for a second. is gnc retail prices naturally expensive? yes... oh but wait!!! the value is so much more, cause although i have worked in the industry for 7+ years, i have shopped at several stores and websites and i can say that i have yet to meet a company that has a return policy stating that you can open the product, use the product, and if you dont like it within 30days. you can have a FULL refund as long as you have the receipt. sooo value went up a few knotches. Especially when i would think you "mr gnc" rep would know that GNC does price match and beat the price by a dollar on any on-paper advertisement. it's called being a smart consumer.

E)i dont know why you even put isopure as a comparison on your statement, isopure is either the same price or actually costs more pending where you shop. ON protein (this is the protein that i personally love) is going up as well buddy, they're prices have gone up an average of $15 anywhere you shop in the last two months.

F)Most other companies (including all the companies you have mentioned in this "review") have bragged about how their post workout proteins have zero carbs or no sugar. Yet what they fail to mention is that science has shown intra/post workout, your actually in catabolic mode and cortisol levels spike, causing protein synthesis to temporarily degrade, making their proteins of 60grams less effective. at least wheybolic puts a little bit of sucralose in it, to create a small insulin spike to inhibit cortisol level spikes, not only does that minor insulin spike inhibit cortisol levels, but it also allows all the amino acids and protein to be shuttled to the muscle quickly and effectively.

LASTLY, do i drink this protein? no.. do i recommend it to every customer? NO... do i think there are better quality proteins out there pending on someones fitness goal? yes...do i think this is a horrible protein? NO. that being said, just cause i dont personally push this product nor do i drink it, doesn't mean i think it's a bad protein. your review is horrible because it has no specifics anywhere about the protein itself or why you rated each category a 0/1/0. the only point you have made that i agree with you is that it is quite expensive, however there is a political justification for that, of which goes beyond GNC, ON, ISOPURE, and gaspari. not only is this one of the worst "reviews" i have read, this is also some of the worst justifications of reasoning i have read as well.

Reply #11:

Reputation: -10
        1)Actually, every competitor GNC has has the open and try policy. VS, Max Muscle, even Complete Nutrition. Yes, you even get a (wow!) full refund.

2) Yes, all GNC store associates are required to pitch this protein. It's called a P3..look it up genius.

3) The rating is horrible because of the mix and taste..which are awful for the price.

4) I am glad you mentioned Isopure and ON. Isopure is $84 at my local GNC's..$49 at Vitamin Shoppe. ON is cheaper there too. That's just one example.

5) I said nothing about carbs. You're completely right about the carb necessity.

Reply #12:

Joined: 9/2011
        Reputation: +420
        in response to:

1)... this is max muscles return policy (copy and pasted from their site)... Return Policy

All Sales are final. All returns on any open container must be made within 7 business days. Open containers must be 75% full of original product. Unopened containers must be returned within 30 days.. oooh and here's complete nutritions return policy... FULL REFUND on any purchased product that is unopened with proof of purchase within 30 days.

your going to compare those two return policies to GNC's policy. GNC said, go ahead and use all of it. if your not satisfied bring the container in with the receipt within 30 days and you get a FULL REFUND. the ONLY company that can put up a fight against GNC's return policy is bb.com and their policy says to mail back the empty container within 30 days with a letter stating why you didnt like it and you will receive a bb.com credit for the amount... and why would you compare GNC to complete nutrition? lol complete nutrition sells prohormones (oral steroids) to underage kids illegally with no discretion? if you dont believe me, check out the hall of shame section in the forum threads.

point number 2.. NO you are wrong, it's not required for every gnc rep to push wheybolic 60. i have worked at 6 different stores and i can confidently say that franchise GNC's are exempted from this rule.

point number 3) i guess asking to being more descriptive was too much to ask for.

point number 4) isopure is the same retail price at both vitamin shoppe and gnc. and isopure is actually going for the same price right now at both companies for 43.99 and ON hydrowhey (since you and manimal were discussing hydrolyzed protein) is actually $7 cheaper than vitamin shoppe right now.

point number 5) the reason why i mentioned carbs is because the proteins your mentioning are advertised as post workout proteins, making wheybolic extreme scientifically more effective as a post workout protein shake.

Reply #13:

This guy is a clown.

Reply #14:
        SoCalLivin
        SoCalLivin

Joined: 3/2011
        Reviews: 20
        Reputation: +824
        This guy probably got sh*t canned from GNC. Now has an ax to grind.

....and a clown.

Reply #15:

Reputation: +3478
        ^ That's what i was thinking. probably got the Axe for poor performance.

Reply #16:
        AlphandOmega
        AlphandOmega

Joined: 12/2011
        Reviews: 42
        Reputation: +1249
        Please go to somewhere like consumer reviews and complain about stupid stuff like this there. You got fired from GNC. Oh well. So did I.

Reply #17:

Reputation: +13
        I really hate to see people down a product that actually works! This product may not be the same one as the one I like which is AMP wheybolic extreme, but it cannot be that bad.

This guy is funny, he worked at GNC for however long and he's coming to school people who are nutrition majors and studying more than just the label. What an @$$ Clown.

Sorry for the language, but seriously?

October 29, 2011

drumbum

Age: 18

October 29, 2011
         this is my first review here, and saw it as only fitting that it was on this product. to start, i AM a GNC employee. i just feel like i should clear a few things up on the topic. we do not receive a single penny of commission on GNC products! we receive it on third party brands, such as MuscleMeds, MuscleTech, and USP. alot of the guys push Wheybolic because they like the product. i have no problem recommending it because it has done nothing but wonders for me. It is very LC, and cholesterol. I think that it is a great product for anyone trying to build lean, clean muscle. Additionally, it has all of the aminos which help greatly with recovery, and building (namely the 7.7g of leuicine). and i think that the taste is awesome (chocolate is the way to go). all in all, i recommend this product because i think it works, not for a .45 commission. thanks for reading my review guys, look forward to posting more.
          October 20, 2011

Age: 43

October 20, 2011
           The GNC recommended this product when I expressed wanting something LC that would help build muscle and ease recovery. Yes, it's pricey. But, I've just finished my 2nd bag and will budget so I can buy the big container next week.

So far, my weight is not changing. HOWEVER, I'm losing inches on my waist and tummy at a very rapid rate, so I know I'm losing fat. I can visibly see muscles developing, even though I still had close to 30 lbs to lose before starting weight training.

Recovery doesn't take long at all. When I first started working out, I couldn't raise my arms high enough to brush my hair the next morning. I mixed a shake (2 scoops; 40g protein) and had it for breakfast. Less than an hour later, the pain was almost completely gone. Actually, I'd forgotten I was even hurting earlier. LOL That had NEVER happened to me before. Day 2, no issues. Since having my 2 scoops every morning, recovery has been a non-issue.

When I mix shakes, I get the vanilla powder and mix it in a blender bottle with 12-16oz Unsweetened Almond Milk, EZ-Sweetz, 2 raw eggs, and various extracts. Deeeeelish !

Here's hoping to be Muscle Beach bikini-ready by summer, with the help of this product !

Ladies: Buy it. You won't be sorry. Just make sure you're doing your part with lifting.

Guys: Stick with it. The scales may be leveling off, but I'd be willing to bet your body fat is going down while your muscle mass is increasing

When I can actually SEE results in my body's re-composition in the mirror in such a short amount of time, I know SOMEthin's up. GOOD LUCK !!!
          ciof
          ciof

Reviews: 0
          Reputation: 0
          What is the proper portion to take? The GNC salesman said just one scoop, the directions say 3 scoops.

Joined: 10/2011
          Reputation: +1
          I was told to take no more than 2 scoops in the morning and one after working out. He said your body can't absorb 60g/protein at once.

June 16, 2011

makeshift

Age: 24

June 16, 2011
           Ok this review is WAY overdue..Well after I ran out of my EAS whey I decided to try this since it was "supposed" to be better. I had pretty good gains on the EAS and hoped to see more out of the Wheybolic...

Value-6/10 If you can get it on sale its not a bad deal. But other than that its alittle pricy for any of the sizes

Taste-5/10 At first I really liked the taste. But about halfway through the tub i couldnt stomach it anymore and had to mix with ice cream and peanut butter to drink it. This was the chocolate and coockies and cream both.

Effectiveness-5/10 I did see little gains but nothing like I expected. There are way better proteins for cheaper or better priced

Overall-5/10 I was pretty disappointed all around with this. But then again you cant win em' all can you? This just didnt work for me, but everyone is different so maybe it could work on you...If you must have this only get it on sale.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Quick Recovery
          • Mixes Great
          • Quite Expensive
          • Tastes Bad
          • Hyped Up By Gnc Guys
          May 21, 2011

Vandyman

Reviews: 2

Age: 15

May 21, 2011
           Helped a bit but not as much as i expected. Always made me feel sick. The guys at GNC always hyped it up but the gain wasnt that great in 2 months i only gained 5 pounds. It tastes very very bad i got the fruit punch flavor and it makes you sick to the stomach which wasnt good for me because i lift before school.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Mixes Great
          • Tastes Bad
          • Bloating
          • Hyped Up By Gnc Guys
          May 19, 2011

longjump420

Reviews: 7

Age: 22

May 19, 2011
           Tested out the protein by recommendation of GNC employees, as most here seem to be swayed as well. I thought the product was a good protein but to expensive. You can find many more that are cheaper with higher protein ratios.

Mixability: 10/10
          Taste: 8/10
          Recovery: 6/10
          Muscle: 8/10

April 26, 2011

Age: 21

April 26, 2011
           In all reality what you pay for is usually what you get,this is one of the best protiens to gain clean cut muscle. i'm about 150 and I am only 5'5 and i always take 1 scoop when i wake up, 1 pre(fruit punch is my fav for pwo since this is added to my m5.No extreme stack.and i take a scoop of the chocolate post with a scoop of Rivalus's Promisil. Personally i have had amazing gains from this protein and i could not have absorbed much of the protein if it wasn't for the enzyme complex. the chocolate taste like Nesquik and the fruit punch is like a chalky Gatorade, btw great mix-ability and this increased my soreness so good that it has enabled me to workout 4-6 days a week even with how intense my workouts are. one scoop is 90 cal, about 2.1 carb and has a 1/3 of gram of fat, nobody needs 3 scoops unless they dont have a budget to worry about. one more thing, this is not a hyped product at all, it works well and GNC has a 30 day warranty on all products, all you need is a receipt and id, is it that much of a risk for the results you can get???? I definatly recommend at least try a tub during gold card week for 48 bucks you get 51 scoops.

Joined: 3/2011
            Reputation: +58
            i meant decreased sorness lol

Have you used Wheybolic Extreme 60? Submit your own Review!

Tags: GNC Pro Performance