Home > Categories > Vitamins > Essential Fatty Acids > GNC > Triple Strength Fish Oil

GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil

Triple Strength Fish Oil GNC
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (19 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Triple Strength Fish Oil (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
10.00 Buy Triple Strength Fish Oil Thousands of Supplements! Buy Triple Strength Fish Oil
28.99 Buy Triple Strength Fish Oil drugstore.com Buy Triple Strength Fish Oil
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum Opti-Men Reviews
8.9
Optimum Fish Oil Reviews
Fish Oil (19 Reviews)
GNC Mega Men Sport Reviews
Mega Men Sport (49 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Universal Animal Omega Reviews
Animal Omega (18 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil Reviews
Orange OxiMega Fish Oil (7 Reviews)
NOW Ultra Omega 3 Reviews
Ultra Omega 3 (6 Reviews)
9.3
Optimum CLA Reviews
CLA (4 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Can't submit review for Nutrigold Triple Strength Fish Oil
Hi. The Nutrigold Triple Strength Fish Oil shows up on the new products box but...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Triple Strength Fish Oil Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Triple Strength Fish Oil Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health (18)
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory (13)
  • Brain Function (10)
  • Hair Skin Nails (7)
  • Buy On Clearance (6)
  • Overpriced (4)
  • Stomach Issues (1)
  • You Can Find Equally Effective/quality Fishoil For Much Much Cheaper (1)
August 1, 2011

Age: 20

August 1, 2011
  I had been taking ON Fish Oil for over a year and decided to switch things up. I landed a Job at GNC a few months back and I always wanted to try this one. Before you get any thoughts, I assure you this review is 100% unbiased as I despise several GNC products just as I love several of them.

Pretty standard stuff here, not going to write a book today but a brief review on Fish Oil IS on it's way.
Most people know there are benefits of supplementing Fish Oil. Problem is, most just don't know HOW MANY benefits there are. Heart health, brain health, skin health, Joint support, Inflammation REDuction, Fat loss aide, Lowers cholesterol, Maintenance of healthy blood pressure, Lowers Triglyceride levels, Hormone support, ect ect. Some of these benefits, of course, don't go on un-argued but that's for you to decide for yourself.

With a gold card, you can get this around 17 bucks after tax (At my store location anyway) and with my employee discount it was only about 14. You only need 1 a day and 2 at the very most (2 is not recommended on the label) and it comes in 60 and 120 count bottles. 14 bucks for 60 days of Fish Oil is a great deal IMO and it's quality.

I went from taking 3 Fish Oil caps (ONs brand) to 1 a day and I can honestly say my joints feel the same if not better. Shoulders always hurt off and on and always will, but they and my elbows seemed to improved a bit. These are high potency and they tell you exactly how much EPA & DHA omega 3s you are getting unlike some who will just put 1,000mg of Fish Oil as a Proprietary blend and list 300mg total Omega 3s *cough* Optimum nutrition, *cough*.
EPA- 647mg
DHA- 253mg
Also, these soft gels are Enteric Coated so you will not get the fishy after burps with regular coated Fish Oils.

I'm on my second bottle and I really like this stuff. I will continue to buy and take year-round. I just take 1 with my breakfast, simple as that. If you aren't taking Fish Oil, you should be, rather it's this particular one or not. It is definitely one of the Essentials in anyone's-male or female- supplement arsenal.

Manimal gives another thumbs up.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Quality
  • Lowers Triglyceride Levels
  • Maintenance Of Healthy Blood Pressure
  • Lowers Cholesterol
  • Fat Loss Aide
  • Inflammation Reduction
  • Joint Support
  • Skin Health
  • Brain Health
  • Heart Health
  • Enteric Coated
  • Great Value
  • Hormone Support

Reputation: +758
    damn you gnc reps!!!! not bad bro i love me some genric fish oil. i get it at the VITAMIN SHOPPE!!!!! hahah good review

Vitamin Shoppe you say?!! My rival store you say?!!!!... Oh cool :D

Reputation: +808
    Nice plugsky:)

Reply #4:

Reputation: +758
    yup my gnc near me is horrible bro. when i go in they all give me dirty looks. i help their customers more then they do. then i say well i gave you a commission right?

Reply #5:
    Rockcity
    Rockcity

Joined: 2/2011
    Reputation: +6
    I agree with the supplementation of Fish oil, I really is the best thing I have ever taken. I prefer Biotest Flameout, but I am going to try GNC's.

Reply #6:
    JMetal12
    JMetal12

Joined: 1/2011
    Reputation: +279
    I bought some a couple weeks ago and love it. Great quality product.

Reply #7:

Joined: 4/2010
    Reputation: +981
    This is a very good fish oil, I was taking this myself when I used to be a GNC employee. But the price of the ON fish oil keeps bringing me back to it..maybe ill switch up and go back to GNC brand. Good review though!

Reply #8:
    Wrestler152
    Wrestler152

Joined: 7/2010
    Reputation: +221
    How can you even feel the difference between high quality and low quality...

Reply #9:

Reputation: +3478
    @ wrestler- You have been nothing but negative on the site lately. I highly suggest you clean up your act. I don't care if you speak your mind and opinion but if you can't do it without being a smart ass to the members here, including myself, I'm letting you go. I don't even remember you being like this until recently, and it's quite shocking to say the least.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +2376
    Great review broski, yea I am a big fan of this particular fish oil.

Reply #11:

Reply #12:
    josephobrien
    josephobrien

Reputation: +58
    High quality works great, low quality is just plain low quality, like low quality protein vs high quality protein, + rep manimal

Reply #13:

Joined: 4/2010
    Reputation: +981
    High Quality Fish Oil - purified, no fishy burps, positive results, lead/mercury free.

Low Quality Fish Oil - fishy burps, minimal effectiveness, possible lead/mercury poisoning.

Reply #14:

Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +199
    Nice manimal. I started taking fish oil over flax about two months ago. In your opinion whats the ideal daily dosage. I been takin about 1 g with each meal during the day. Total of about 5 g daily. Too much?

Reply #15:

Reputation: +3478
    @Joe- You wanna make sure you go by Omega 3s bro. 1-3g total of combined EPA/DHA daily is recommended depending on your personal needs and no more than 5g daily.
    One soft gel of this product falls just short of 1g which isn't too shabby at all, specially if you are eating fish with Omega 3s or intaking flax throughout your daily diet.

Reply #16:

Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +199
    yeah I'm taking NOW Super EPA. it has 1.2 g of omega 3's per 2 pills. I been popping like 5 a day

Reply #17:
    DCSVallone
    DCSVallone

Joined: 6/2011
    Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +14
    Great review, Im convinced.

Reply #18:

April 19, 2010

Reviews: 62

Age: 32

April 19, 2010
     Let me begin by saying I am not a big fan of most GNC products. Typically I find them overpriced and not as effective as the competitors (e.g., ON, Sci-Fit, etc.) and unless they are on clearance I avoid.

But the Triple Strength Fish Oil was on clearance (and typically is since they overstock the hell out of this product). Each serving gives you 647mg of EPA and 253mg of DHA.

Like with most Fish Oil supplements, you don't really notice a ton of benefits, but this is working behind the scenes for your coronary and brain functions.

Joint health improved and overall sustained energy throughout the day was consistent.

Recommended if you can pick some up, but only at clearance prices.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Support Joint & Heart Health
    • Buy On Clearance
    July 3, 2013

GTpro900

Reviews: 20

Age: 28

July 3, 2013
    I COULD SELL THIS TO A FISH IF I HAD TO

There are only a few products I recommend people go into GNC for and this is one of them. I used to work for this company and I continue to buy their fish oil and probiotics monthly. Fish oil is one of those supplements I will spend extra money on in order to ensure quality. There is something about farm-raised Anchovies and Sardines from China that does not sit well with me. The fish oil contained here is from deep sea fish. I believe it contains Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon, and Sardine if I remember correctly.

Contents 9.7/10

Each softgel contains 1000mg EPA/DHA. When taken before meals they generally didn’t give me any fishy burps. It is nice to know that the fish are not farm-raised and they are free of mercury. General recommendations for fish oil range from 1-4g of combined EPA/DHA. I take 2 of these a day for a total of 1294mg of EPA and 506mg DHA.

Dosing: 9.8/10

You can’t pack much more EPA/DHA into a single softgel without having a chocking hazard. They go down easy for how big the softgel is, and only having to take 2-3 a day is a major plus.

Buy one, get one half off plus your gold card is the best bet with this product if you don’t want to wait for an internet deal. GNC.com usually runs pretty good deals on them, however, most of the time you can find it online for cheaper than in store (yet GNC doesn’t let their corporate stores match online offers). You can expect to spend about 15-20$ for the smaller bottle (60ct). It’s not a cheap product but I think the cost is in line with the value here.

Fish oil has so many good benefits that it really should be a staple in everyone’s supplement regimen. It’s a pain for me to take 5+ softgels in order to get 2g of EPA + DHA, and that’s a main selling point with this product. Yes this product is more expensive than fish oil from Wal-Mart, but what do you expect if they aren’t using farm raised fish? Give it a try next time GNC.com runs a sale, or venture into a store and enjoy getting bombarded with reasons why you should take the Sport Vitapak along side this product.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Support Joint & Heart Health
    • Natural Anti-inflammatory
      February 8, 2013

dpapa30

Age: 30

February 8, 2013
       Hi, I'm a 30 year old female. I'm a hockey player, middle distance runner and I have been strength training for 6 years.

What prompted you to write this review? The benefits of fish oil are lost on a lot of people, so I figured I'd help the cause.

What other similar products have you used and how do they compare? Nordic Naturals + D3 + Biotest's FlameOut - I think both were better for different reasons, but this product got the job done.

How long have you taken this product? I completed one bottle about 6 months ago.

What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product? I was in my hockey off-season, so I was lifting with pretty high volume: Deadlifts, Cleans, Squats, presses - pretty compound stuff, lots of reps. Diet was on par for just keep my strength up and replenishing glycogen. I was taking BCAAs to alleviate soreness and muscle loss during cardio sessions. I was sleeping a little less.

Were the results what you had expected? The benefits of fish oil are vague for people, I think. Some people want to take it because someone told them they'd lose weight. Other people take it because it's like an unspoken rule. When I started, I guess I didn't have any expectations, but I didn't realize how bad I needed it until I forgot to take it during a whole weekend. I had 3 pretty hard days in a row and my joints and insides literally felt inflamed and irritated. I felt like they were really cranky and painful. It was really weird. When I stopped to think about it, I realized I hadn't been taking the fish oil. Since then, I will never be without it? My skin has always been pretty smooth and clear and my hair is decent, so I didn't notice anything here. I think it's a supplement that you may not appreciate until you go without it.

How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose? I wasn't tracking at the time but I did feel like I was slightly more vascular and leaner.

The problem with fish oil always tends to be that you have to take a to get 2 to 3 grams. The bottles are seriously deceptive to people who don't understand that when it says 6000mg (I'm exaggerating, of course) that it's not of OMEGA-3, it's whatever is in the bottle total. So, you more than likely have to take 8-10 of them per day.
      Not cost effective.

For that reason, I think that the GNC product is pretty good. It does what a fish oil is meant to do and you don't have to take ton of them.

I think that FlameOut is way better because it has other oils in it, but for the basic needs of an athlete, this product suffices and it's not hard to take. I could spend $9 on "Sundown Naturals" but I don't want to swallow 10 fish oil pills per day, you know?
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Support Joint & Heart Health
      • Natural Anti-inflammatory
      • Fat Loss Aide
        line6reed
        line6reed

Joined: 1/2012
        Reviews: 46
        Reputation: +1994
        solid review but i recommend not throwing too many up in one day give us members a chance to really view your reviews

August 18, 2012

Deydontknow

Reviews: 2

Age: 29

August 18, 2012
         Value is horrible for fish oil capsules but it is intensely filtered. I never got the common "fish oil burps" while stacking this in and I feel like I actually got some joint relief.

Fish oil is not only good for your heart but also is supposed to help prevent joint inflammation and should be a staple for every lifter. I paid 35 bucks for 50 days on fish oil which is very expensive compared to costco or something.

Overall: If you can't stand those fishy burps, pop into gnc and get some of this, great stuff
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Support Joint & Heart Health
        • Natural Anti-inflammatory
        • Brain Function
        • Hair Skin Nails
        • Maintenance Of Healthy Blood Pressure
        • Overpriced
        December 8, 2011

Age: 23

December 8, 2011
         So a few months ago I started taking fish oil as recommended by one of my buddies who said it helped with his knee problem. I was having a little shoulder problem, nothing major but decided to give it a try.

Content – 9/10

So this is fish oil, there are so many benefits here anyone who does a quick google search could write a book haha. The GNC box is full of fun facts about it: May reduct the risk of coronary heart disease, helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure, and the most important fact to me – promotes joint, brain and skin health. This has 900mg total omega-3 fatty acids in one capsule: 647mg coming from EPA, and 253mg coming from DHA.

Effectiveness – 8/10

So I thought this was pretty helpful. My joints def felt a little bit better. This isn’t vicodin, if your joints are messed up don’t look to this for help. This helps for those little joint aches we all get from lifting. Benching and dips are very hard on your shoulders, I def saw an improvement which was great.

Value – 7/10

So the value isn’t too bad. At GNC it runs for $21.99 and with a Gold Card its $17.59 for 60 servings as one serving is 1 capsule. I didn’t rate the value higher cause you could go to Sam’s Club and grab a bottle of their Omega 3,6,9 that has 162 servings in it for less money and a heck of a lot more servings.

Overall – 8/10

Overall this is a good product, and it works, but so does just about every other fish oil supplement that I have tried. There are cheaper less expensive versions of this out there, maybe you have to take two caps but who really cares? For these reasons this is why idk if I would recommend this product to other people….it works, but there are other fish oils where you will get a much better bang for your buck.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Hair Skin Nails
        • Brain Function
        • Natural Anti-inflammatory
        • Support Joint & Heart Health
        • Immunity
        • Maintenance Of Healthy Blood Pressure
        • You Can Find Equally Effective/quality Fishoil For Much Much Cheaper
        chris004
        chris004

Reputation: +169
        Ya man I am taking the same one right now, overall not bad at all. I love the fact it is just 1-2 pills a day. I got it for 10 bucks when GNC has its special sales

ErvDaPerve32
        ErvDaPerve32

Joined: 5/2012
        Reviews: 0
        Reputation: 0
        im planning on using Cycle assist, Erase Pro, and esto supress, along with milk thistle after im done with my halotest PH cycle. is that enough for PCT or should i add anything more.?

Reply #3:

Reputation: +2376
        No! That is not enough have you started your cycle already??? You need a SERM like Nolvadex.

September 1, 2011

Age: 21

September 1, 2011
         i've taken this in the past and after switching to ON's Fish Oil for quite some time, i decided to go back to the GNC brand.

what are the benefits of taking Fish Oil? well to keep it short and simple: Supports joint, eye, brain and skin health. May reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Natural Anti-inflammatory.

Ingredients: per one(1) soft gel - 900 mg total Omega-3 fatty acids. Calories 15, Total from fat 1.5g, EPA 647mg, DHA 253mg.

the most important thing to consider when trying to find a high quality Fish Oil is make sure that it's Purified (mercury and lead free) and that it's not a proprietary of just "fish oil", you want to make sure you get specific amounts of EPA and DHA.

Dosage/Taste/Smell: just 1 soft gel daily with a meal (preferably the largest). these don't have much of a taste from them, although everyonce in a while i'll get a fishy burb. one way to solve a fishy burp is to put them in the freezer. faint smell, not that real "fishy" smell you can encounter with other bad Fish Oils on the market.

Effectivenss: the main two positive results i received from this is the improvement in my joint health. i've always had issues with my left knee and everyonce in a while i'll get a sharp shoulder pain when lifting. did this compeletly stop my symptoms? no, but it help reduce them greatly. second thing i noticed from this was the improvement in my skin complexion and clarity. i might not of noticed all of the other benefits of the Fish Oil just yet, but i know it's working slowly but surely.

Value: i actually got lucky and received a free 120 count bottle from my sister. just taking 1 soft gel a day it will last me 4 months, which is awesome. the average price for this with a Gold Card is around $31.99, not too bad, but i would like to see it a few bucks cheaper.

Overall: very good supplement that should be added to every stack regardless of age or goal. there are many health benefits to Fish Oil and will help with regular maintaince of your body. easy to take at just 1 soft gel a day, last for 4 months and a good way to get your Omega 3's in; especially if you dont like fish/sea food like myself.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Support Eye Health
        • Support Joint & Heart Health
        • Natural Anti-inflammatory
        • Brain Function
        • Hair Skin Nails
        • Buy On Clearance
        August 15, 2011

LVB505

Age: 24

August 15, 2011
         This is some good fish! You benefit so much off of Fish Oil, from reading reviews under neath me I believe they were all spot on , on the benefits so I dont think I need to educate others on the benefits of Fish Oil. The benefits have been discussed already below in other reviews.
        But I used to take the Walmart Fish Oil and I had to take 3 walmart Fish Oil pills to get around the same omega 3's as this GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil. I like only having to take 1 pill instead of 3 or more... Also another benefit is that I never had the fishy burps unlike the Walmart ones. I got 60 pills for around $20. I only take 1 pill a day so basically i got 2 months worth, which isn't too bad imo.
        really couldnt tell ya if i felt any different with this fish and the walmart fish. What really got me liking this is the 1 pill and no fish burps. Good stuff check it out ladies n gents.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Support Joint & Heart Health
        • Maintenance Of Healthy Blood Pressure
        • Lowers Cholesterol
        • Fat Loss Aide
        • Cheap
        • Immunity
        • Lowers Triglyceride Levels
          July 23, 2011

BDK76

Age: 35

July 23, 2011
           This stuff is top notch as far as Fish Oil goes. I took 1-2 after every meal and never once did I get the Sushi Burps. And that’s a plus! Otherwise it’s hard to judge Fish Oil. It's great for heart health, joints and inflammation. But how do you gauge that?

The down side is that, like many GNC products, these are overpriced. Even with BOGO half off, these really aren't cost effective. Sure, they are potent but you could just get a much cheaper brand and take several pills.

Price notwithstanding, you can always trust GNC products to be high quality. If the peace of mind is worth the extra cost, then this is a great pick-up for you. If budget is an issue, then just wait for GNC to email you some $10 coupons and search elsewhere in the meantime.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Support Joint & Heart Health
          • Natural Anti-inflammatory
          • Brain Function
          • Buy On Clearance
          • Overpriced

Reputation: +3478
          Jesus, taking 1-2 of these every meal- well hell yeah it's pricey then. These are meant to be taken no more than twice a day at the very much. Why on earth are you supplementing so much EPA and DHA dude?

at the very most**

June 24, 2011

Age: 24

June 24, 2011
           Heres a review on a STAPLE to any stack. I tried the Wal-Mart brand Fish Oil before this and this is by far the better of the 2.

Effectiveness 8/10- It seemed that my skin was alittle cleaner, I just feel all around better.

Dosing-9/10 It says to take 1 a day but I am taking 1 in the am and 1 before bed(After a certain post I read earlier today I will definatley be upping the dosage)

Taste-8/10 I very rarely had fish burps but when I did it went away pretty fast.

Value- 9/10 IF you can get this on the BOGO 50% off its a pretty good deal.

Ingredients-9/10 Its pretty cut and dry here. Only thing that could be better is more than 900mg per capsule.

Overall-8/10 Im sure there are better sources out there for Fish Oil(besides actual fish lol)But so far I have been satisfied and would recommend it to anyone.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Support Joint & Heart Health
          • Natural Anti-inflammatory
          • Brain Function
          • Hair Skin Nails
          • Immunity
          • Cheap
            MassiveBeast
            MassiveBeast

Reputation: +24
            Are you upping the dose to 1 in AM and 1 in PM or were you doing that already and after reading the post you are upping it to something else?

Good review by the way. I just picked this up in the $9.99 sale the other day.

Reputation: +172
            I will be taking 2x2 instead of 1x1. Thanks I should have specified that

Have you used Triple Strength Fish Oil? Submit your own Review!