Triple Strength Fish Oil

By: GNC

Triple Strength Fish Oil is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by GNC. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Does Triple Strength Fish Oil work?
Click to Expand

I had been taking ON Fish Oil for over a year and decided to switch things up. I landed a Job at GNC a few months back and I always wanted to try this one. Before you get any thoughts, I assure you this review is 100% unbiased as I despise several GNC products just as I love several of them.

Pretty standard stuff here, not going to write a book today but a brief review on Fish Oil IS on it's way.
Most people know there are benefits of supplementing Fish Oil. Problem is, most just don't know HOW MANY benefits there are. Heart health, brain health, skin health, Joint support, Inflammation REDuction, Fat loss aide, Lowers cholesterol, Maintenance of healthy blood pressure, Lowers Triglyceride levels, Hormone support, ect ect. Some of these benefits, of course, don't go on un-argued but that's for you to decide for yourself.

With a gold card, you can get this around 17 bucks after tax (At my store location anyway) and with my employee discount it was only about 14. You only need 1 a day and 2 at the very most (2 is not recommended on the label) and it comes in 60 and 120 count bottles. 14 bucks for 60 days of Fish Oil is a great deal IMO and it's quality.

I went from taking 3 Fish Oil caps (ONs brand) to 1 a day and I can honestly say my joints feel the same if not better. Shoulders always hurt off and on and always will, but they and my elbows seemed to improved a bit. These are high potency and they tell you exactly how much EPA & DHA omega 3s you are getting unlike some who will just put 1,000mg of Fish Oil as a Proprietary blend and list 300mg total Omega 3s *cough* Optimum nutrition, *cough*.
EPA- 647mg
DHA- 253mg
Also, these soft gels are Enteric Coated so you will not get the fishy after burps with regular coated Fish Oils.

I'm on my second bottle and I really like this stuff. I will continue to buy and take year-round. I just take 1 with my breakfast, simple as that. If you aren't taking Fish Oil, you should be, rather it's this particular one or not. It is definitely one of the Essentials in anyone's-male or female- supplement arsenal.

Manimal gives another thumbs up.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Heart Health
  • Lowers Triglyceride Levels
  • Maintenance Of Healthy Blood Pressure
  • Lowers Cholesterol
  • Fat Loss Aide
  • Inflammation Reduction
  • Joint Support
  • Quality
  • Hormone Support

• kroberts9
    August 1, 2011

Damn you gnc reps!!!! not bad bro i love me some genric fish oil. i get it at the VITAMIN SHOPPE!!!!! hahah good review

Vitamin Shoppe you say?!! My rival store you say?!!!!... Oh cool :D
  • BrooklynBuff

Nice plugsky:)
  • kroberts9
    August 1, 2011

Yup my gnc near me is horrible bro. when i go in they all give me dirty looks. i help their customers more then they do. then i say well i gave you a commission right?
  • Rockcity
    August 1, 2011

I agree with the supplementation of Fish oil, I really is the best thing I have ever taken. I prefer Biotest Flameout, but I am going to try GNC's.
  • JMetal12
    August 2, 2011

I bought some a couple weeks ago and love it. Great quality product.
    August 2, 2011

This is a very good fish oil, I was taking this myself when I used to be a GNC employee. But the price of the ON fish oil keeps bringing me back to it..maybe ill switch up and go back to GNC brand. Good review though!
  • Wrestler152
    August 2, 2011

How can you even feel the difference between high quality and low quality...
    August 2, 2011

@ wrestler- You have been nothing but negative on the site lately. I highly suggest you clean up your act. I don't care if you speak your mind and opinion but if you can't do it without being a smart ass to the members here, including myself, I'm letting you go. I don't even remember you being like this until recently, and it's quite shocking to say the least.
  • kris65
    August 2, 2011

Great review broski, yea I am a big fan of this particular fish oil.
  • Blade410

Nice
  • josephobrien
    August 3, 2011

High quality works great, low quality is just plain low quality, like low quality protein vs high quality protein, + rep manimal
    August 3, 2011

High Quality Fish Oil - purified, no fishy burps, positive results, lead/mercury free.

Low Quality Fish Oil - fishy burps, minimal effectiveness, possible lead/mercury poisoning.
  • joeoftwins
    August 3, 2011

Nice manimal. I started taking fish oil over flax about two months ago. In your opinion whats the ideal daily dosage. I been takin about 1 g with each meal during the day. Total of about 5 g daily. Too much?
    August 3, 2011

@Joe- You wanna make sure you go by Omega 3s bro. 1-3g total of combined EPA/DHA daily is recommended depending on your personal needs and no more than 5g daily.
    One soft gel of this product falls just short of 1g which isn't too shabby at all, specially if you are eating fish with Omega 3s or intaking flax throughout your daily diet.
  • joeoftwins
    August 3, 2011

Yeah I'm taking NOW Super EPA. it has 1.2 g of omega 3's per 2 pills. I been popping like 5 a day
  • DCSVallone
    August 3, 2011

Great review, Im convinced.
  • Liftingheavy
    August 4, 2011

Great review man

kris65

So a few months ago I started taking fish oil as recommended by one of my buddies who said it helped with his knee problem. I was having a little shoulder problem, nothing major but decided to give it a try.

Content – 9/10

Content – 9/10

So this is fish oil, there are so many benefits here anyone who does a quick google search could write a book haha. The GNC box is full of fun facts about it: May reduct the risk of coronary heart disease, helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure, and the most important fact to me – promotes joint, brain and skin health. This has 900mg total omega-3 fatty acids in one capsule: 647mg coming from EPA, and 253mg coming from DHA.

Effectiveness – 8/10

So I thought this was pretty helpful. My joints def felt a little bit better. This isn't vicodin, if your joints are messed up don't look to this for help. This helps for those little joint aches we all get from lifting. Benching and dips are very hard on your shoulders, I def saw an improvement which was great.

Value – 7/10

So the value isn't too bad. At GNC it runs for $21.99 and with a Gold Card its $17.59 for 60 servings as one serving is 1 capsule. I didn't rate the value higher cause you could go to Sam's Club and grab a bottle of their Omega 3,6,9 that has 162 servings in it for less money and a heck of a lot more servings.

Overall – 8/10

Overall this is a good product, and it works, but so does just about every other fish oil supplement that I have tried. There are cheaper less expensive versions of this out there, maybe you have to take two caps but who really cares? For these reasons this is why idk if I would recommend this product to other people....it works, but there are other fish oils where you will get a much better bang for your buck.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Brain Function
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Immunity
  • Maintenance Of Healthy Blood Pressure
  • You Can Find Equally Effective/quality Fishoil For Much Much Cheaper

• chris004
    December 8, 2011

Ya man I am taking the same one right now, overall not bad at all. I love the fact it is just 1-2 pills a day. I got it for 10 bucks when GNC has its special sales
  • ErvDaPerve32
    Rep: 0
    December 8, 2011

Im planning on using Cycle assist, Erase Pro, and esto supress, along with milk thistle after im done with my halotest PH cycle. is that enough for PCT or should i add anything more.?
  • kris65
    December 8, 2011

No! That is not enough have you started your cycle already??? You need a SERM like Nolvadex.

i've taken this in the past and after switching to ON's Fish Oil for quite some time, i decided to go back to the GNC brand.

what are the benefits of taking Fish Oil? well to keep it short and simple: Supports joint, eye, brain and skin health. May reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Natural Anti-inflammatory.

Ingredients:...

Ingredients: per one(1) soft gel - 900 mg total Omega-3 fatty acids. Calories 15, Total from fat 1.5g, EPA 647mg, DHA 253mg.

the most important thing to consider when trying to find a high quality Fish Oil is make sure that it's Purified (mercury and lead free) and that it's not a proprietary of just "fish oil", you want to make sure you get specific amounts of EPA and DHA.

Dosage/Taste/Smell: just 1 soft gel daily with a meal (preferably the largest). these don't have much of a taste from them, although everyonce in a while i'll get a fishy burb. one way to solve a fishy burp is to put them in the freezer. faint smell, not that real "fishy" smell you can encounter with other bad Fish Oils on the market.

Effectivenss: the main two positive results i received from this is the improvement in my joint health. i've always had issues with my left knee and everyonce in a while i'll get a sharp shoulder pain when lifting. did this compeletly stop my symptoms? no, but it help reduce them greatly. second thing i noticed from this was the improvement in my skin complexion and clarity. i might not of noticed all of the other benefits of the Fish Oil just yet, but i know it's working slowly but surely.

Value: i actually got lucky and received a free 120 count bottle from my sister. just taking 1 soft gel a day it will last me 4 months, which is awesome. the average price for this with a Gold Card is around $31.99, not too bad, but i would like to see it a few bucks cheaper.

Overall: very good supplement that should be added to every stack regardless of age or goal. there are many health benefits to Fish Oil and will help with regular maintaince of your body. easy to take at just 1 soft gel a day, last for 4 months and a good way to get your Omega 3's in; especially if you dont like fish/sea food like myself.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Eye Health
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Brain Function
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Buy On Clearance

I don't understand some of the other reviews of this product, such as buy ONLY on sale, when close dated etc... If people actually knew how important Fish Oil is, they would buy THIS product and keep it in their back pocket. Not only is it pure epa and dha ( zero fillers ) but it's Rx grade, has the proper ratio of epa to dha, and has zero taste! Did I mention all you need is one a day for the most part? Seriously by far the best thing I put in my body, Nortic Naturals Ultra Omega-3 is the only comparable product on the market that I know of, yet it's twice the price, and you have to take double the product for about the same dosage. For the people who wont look at this product because it is manufactured by GNC, go ahead and be ignorant....
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Brain Function
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Depression
  • Immunity
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory

Good review. rep'd!
  • dammit

Good post. I've used this several times before. I run this and ON's
    Fish Oil both are very good.
  • SoulMonkey
    July 5, 2010

Good review, man. But when you are running 5 grams of fish oil a day, this can get really expensive.

Heres a review on a STAPLE to any stack. I tried the Wal-Mart brand Fish Oil before this and this is by far the better of the 2.

Effectiveness 8/10- It seemed that my skin was alittle cleaner, I just feel all around better.

Dosing-9/10 It says to take 1 a day but I am taking 1 in the am and 1 before bed(After a certain post I read earlier today I will definatley be upping the dosage)

Taste-8/10 I very rarely had fish burps but when I did it went away pretty fast.

Value- 9/10 IF you can get this on the...

Value- 9/10 IF you can get this on the BOGO 50% off its a pretty good deal.

Ingredients-9/10 Its pretty cut and dry here. Only thing that could be better is more than 900mg per capsule.

Overall-8/10 Im sure there are better sources out there for Fish Oil(besides actual fish lol)But so far I have been satisfied and would recommend it to anyone.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Brain Function
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Immunity
  • Cheap

• MassiveBeast
    June 24, 2011

Are you upping the dose to 1 in AM and 1 in PM or were you doing that already and after reading the post you are upping it to something else?

Good review by the way. I just picked this up in the $9.99 sale the other day.
  • makeshift
    June 24, 2011

I will be taking 2x2 instead of 1x1. Thanks I should have specified that

Let me begin by saying I am not a big fan of most GNC products. Typically I find them overpriced and not as effective as the competitors (e.g., ON, Sci-Fit, etc.) and unless they are on clearance I avoid.

But the Triple Strength Fish Oil was on clearance (and typically is since they overstock the hell out of this product). Each serving gives you 647mg of EPA and 253mg of DHA.

Like with most Fish...

Like with most Fish Oil supplements, you don't really notice a ton of benefits, but this is working behind the scenes for your coronary and brain functions.

Joint health improved and overall sustained energy throughout the day was consistent.

Recommended if you can pick some up, but only at clearance prices.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Buy On Clearance

First of all, Fish Oil as a product in general is great. It has some great benefits, namely for joint health and heart health. On a 6 day a week lifting schedule with 2 days of moderate cardio, my joints can really take a beating. With that said, I can definitely tell a major difference in how my knees and elbows feel when taking Fish Oil as opposed to not taking Fish Oil (I would like to add that taking l-glutamine is a very good idea as well...compounding these two definitely help with joint soreness and repair). As far as heart health goes, it is not something easily monitored on a day to day basis, but most nutritionalists seem to agree that Fish Oil does wonders for your heart.

Now on to GNC's "Triple Strengh Fish Oil". First of all, they claim that it is triple strength at 900mg a soft gel, and a bottle of 60 soft gels runs about $21.99, not on sale. Looking at other Fish Oils, i.e. Country Life's Omega-3 Fish Oil, you can definitely see that you can do better than GNC's brand. Country Life's Fish Oil has 1000mg Omega-3 fatty acids, plus 33% of your daily Vitamin E intake. Most websites, you can find this at about $15 a bottle. This just goes to show that GNC products have inflated prices, and their content do not warrant this high price.

Again, Fish Oil is a GREAT product, but even on a Gold Card week, GNC's Fish Oil is probably not the direction to go in. It is still an effective product, but there are better ways to go.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Immunity
  • Overpriced

• ddyoungbsu
    December 3, 2010

I forgot to mention that the Country Life bottle comes with 300 capsules as opposed to the 60 in GNC's bottle. That is probably important to mention.
  • FocalFan
    December 3, 2010

I want to first say that I am not sticking up for gnc, but rather pointing out the lack of knowledge when it comes to what makes up a good omega-3 supplement.
    The Triple strength fish oil you are referring to at least states exactly how much epa and dha you are getting, as well as the source of the fish oil, and how its filtered. Nowhere on the country life product does it break down the epa/dha quantity. The higher the number on the front of the bottle does not constitute a higher quality or better fish oil, but rather the size of the capsule and how much fish body oils are in the product. ( These fish body oils have no nutritional benifit! ) Other than that, nice review...

GTpro900

There are only a few products I recommend people go into GNC for and this is one of them. I used to work for this company and I continue to buy their fish oil and probiotics monthly. Fish oil is one of those supplements I will spend extra money on in order to ensure quality. There is something about farm-raised Anchovies and Sardines from China that does not sit well with me. The fish oil contained here is from deep sea fish. I believe it contains Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon, and Sardine if I remember correctly.

Contents 9.7/10

Each softgel contains 1000mg EPA/DHA. ...

Contents 9.7/10

Each softgel contains 1000mg EPA/DHA. When taken before meals they generally didn't give me any fishy burps. It is nice to know that the fish are not farm-raised and they are free of mercury. General recommendations for fish oil range from 1-4g of combined EPA/DHA. I take 2 of these a day for a total of 1294mg of EPA and 506mg DHA.

Dosing: 9.8/10

You can't pack much more EPA/DHA into a single softgel without having a chocking hazard. They go down easy for how big the softgel is, and only having to take 2-3 a day is a major plus.

Buy one, get one half off plus your gold card is the best bet with this product if you don't want to wait for an internet deal. GNC.com usually runs pretty good deals on them, however, most of the time you can find it online for cheaper than in store (yet GNC doesn't let their corporate stores match online offers). You can expect to spend about 15-20$ for the smaller bottle (60ct). It's not a cheap product but I think the cost is in line with the value here.

Fish oil has so many good benefits that it really should be a staple in everyone's supplement regimen. It's a pain for me to take 5+ softgels in order to get 2g of EPA + DHA, and that's a main selling point with this product. Yes this product is more expensive than fish oil from Wal-Mart, but what do you expect if they aren't using farm raised fish? Give it a try next time GNC.com runs a sale, or venture into a store and enjoy getting bombarded with reasons why you should take the Sport Vitapak along side this product.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory

I got two of these a while ago for about 17 dollars at GNC..one bottle lasted me two months the easy thing about this product is you take one pill a day. I don't eat enough fish being that i'm a college student and the fish in the cafeteria is horrible so i get a day's worth of omega 3's from fish and when i get an opportunity to have fresh salmon it's a added bonus. I never used Fish Oil before this but i have heard ppl complained it tasted terrible, this Fish Oil capsule has no taste to it. Great addition to any stack and anyone who doesn't eat enough fish.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Brain Function
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Cheap

• SoulMonkey
    July 7, 2010

Good review. But there are numerous studies boasting about several grams of Fish Oil or Flax Consumed yields amazing results and health benefits. Look into it sometime.
    July 7, 2010

Thanks i will definitley look into that!
    July 7, 2010

SoulMonkey is right; and i myself take this Fish Oil and Flax Seed Oil. they both have numerous health benefits that should be a staple if everybody's diet.

In*
    July 7, 2010

Yeah i take flax seed oil as well and gett some added from natural peanut butter with flax seeds in it but how many capsules do you take a day?
  • Rex
    July 8, 2010

Kingmeat i run the same fish oil with flax seed 3 caps a day, i take them the same time as my fish oil. One breakfeast lunch and dinner.
    July 8, 2010

I take one Soft Gel of 900mg of Fish Oil, and 1000mg of Flax Seed Oil a day. one with Breakfast and another with Lunch.
  • bristol
    July 8, 2010

The triple strength pills are so much better than the regular strength ones (kind of obvious statement). good review tho.
  • bristol
    July 8, 2010

Nice review. my muscle definition faded a bit when i tried this stuff a nd it tasted like syrup. so i am not a fan of the amp mass xxx, but i know a few ppl who swear by it.
    July 8, 2010

Haha bristol you posted on fish oil instead of the amp mass xxx but i wasn't too defined but i had bulk in my arms

This product, like all Fish Oil, is another staple to a stack. I picked this up at GNC when I first started out and felt like I was on a really good start. Of course, this was before I found out about online shopping, but I digress. This has a good mix and controls fishy burps quite well. Of course the first 3 days I had reflux quite bad but then that went away. This isn't perfect against fishy burps or any of that strangeness, but it isn't forever.

I...

I started out taking one a day like the directions, but after reading some stuff by Garlick, I bumped it up to 3 grams eventually and noticed a real difference with my joints. Of course 3 a day would be great, but for 30 dollars, that's only 10 days worth. So if you want to do 1 a day, that's great, but if you want to bump up the amount, then look elsewhere unless you got the cash.

2 bottles later, and I don't regret it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Buy On Clearance

• averagejoe98
    May 9, 2010

I take 2 of these 3 times a day and I noticed a tremendous improvement in my joints after a week. Good stuff
    May 9, 2010

Try to get it on BOGO 50% deal.
    May 9, 2010

Actually for the quality of the product, and benefits of it, it's really not that expensive and it's worth the money. it should be a staple in everybody's diet. even at 1 a day like most people take(and myself), a small bottle lasts 60 days, and the big bottle last 120 days.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.