Stinging Nettle Root

By GNC
Stinging Nettle Root GNC
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 1 Review)

Ranks #54 of 115 (better than 54%)
in Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

Gkeezy

Gkeezy's Stinging Nettle Root Review

Thanks Petey for adding this product to the list so I can do a proper review on it. So a couple of guys on the forum recommended supplementing with this for natty test stack.
Here are my results with it.

The nettle leaf extract has been used for many years now as help to relief arthritis. The nettle leaf contains compounds that reduce inflammation in muscles. Also the nettle root contains:
3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran which increases free testosterone by occupying sex-hormone binding globulin.

Testosterone is concentrated in muscle tissue. By keeping testosterone freely moving in the body, an increase in free flowing testosterone may increase your level of muscle strength and the amount of lean muscle.

TASTE: 10/10 - The pills are very easy to swallow. Each pill is a 500mg concentrate.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10 - So I cannot really judge if this alone had any standalone help however, it helped with my overall stack. As advised by some forum searches, I would take 2 pills in the morning with my multivitamins, fish oil, flexseed, milkthistle etc.. off 1000mg and then later in the way I would through in another 500mg cap. So in total I was doing 3 caps (1500mg) a day. I threw it into my D-Pol/Erase/Stak and it helped with vascularity and increase in my libido. Because I use Jack3d still as my preworkout, with the 1-3 compound, I had a decrease in libido.. but stinging nettle root helped get my libido back on track. Since this product frees up testosterone in the body, be assured that test levels can increase gradually if that's what you are looking for.

PRICE: 8/10 - I picked up 90 pills at GNC during gold card week for $20. Not horrible for a 30 day supply. I am sure you can find it online for much cheaper.

OVERALL: 8/10 - I would definitively recommend for others to throw this into their natty stacks. It does not hurt. Also I read that it helps decrease the risk of prostate problems. It also does not have any sides for me personally, but in general I also believe the sides are nonexistent. So def something good and cheap to add.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Sex Drive
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Higher Test Production

jmlstocks

Good review.

...Just an FYI for you, while stinging nettle has many benefits, if the main benefit you're looking for is muscle building, you'll be better off with a specific divanil extract.

Generic Stinging Nettle contains about a 10% extract of divanil, while pure divanil products contain about a 95% extract. If you liked this, I would suggest trying out Divanex over at Nutraplanet as it gave me really nice results.

Gkeezy

Thanks JML. Ill do that!

chefneilde

Great review.
    I didn't know they had a supplement with stinging nettles. I actually cook with them all the time. Thanks for the education.

Posted August 2, 2012
    Great review. I was looking for a nice 500 mg nettle product. Most of them are 400 per cap.

The 95% extract is not true for most of the extracts being sold. Any 95% or higher powder would be white or off white. The ones claiming 95% were all medium to dark brown. But the source suppliers labeled it as 95% and that is what the merchants went with.

The full spectrum extract works just fine because it contains several aspects including the famed 3,4 divanil that help out with freeing test.