Home > Categories > Vitamins > Multi-Vitamins > GNC > Mega Men Sport

GNC Mega Men Sport

Mega Men Sport GNC
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (49 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 98% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Mega Men Sport (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
14.49 Buy Mega Men Sport Thousands of Supplements! Buy Mega Men Sport
16.99 Buy Mega Men Sport eBay Buy Mega Men Sport
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Universal Animal Pak Reviews
Optimum Opti-Men Reviews
Opti-Men (83 Reviews)
9.1
USP Labs Super Cissus Rx Reviews
Super Cissus Rx (52 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Controlled Labs Orange Triad Reviews
Orange Triad (38 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition Anavite Reviews
Anavite (34 Reviews)
NLA Performance Frat Pack Reviews
Frat Pack (26 Reviews)
NOW ADAM Reviews
ADAM (13 Reviews)
9.2

Related Forum Topics

GNC 3 for $25 Vitamins: 90-ct Mega Men or Mega Men Sport,& More 3 for $25 + $1SH
GNC 3 for $25 Vitamins: 90-ct Mega Men or Mega Men Sport, 90-ct Womens Ultra Meg...

GNC Vitamin 2 for $18 90ct Mega Men Sport and many more!! Ends Today!!
GNC has many of their Vitamins on Sale for 2 for $18. Must add 2 to cart to see ...

GNC's Mega Men Sport Pack!
Well about 10 days ago I went to GNC to see what they had on sale and they have ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Mega Men Sport is a multi-vitamin sold by GNC as part of their house brand. It is designed with the sport oriented man in mind, providing vitamins and minerals to help maximize their athletic performance.

Mega Men Sport Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Mega Men Sport Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (30)
  • Good Value (27)
  • Easy To Take (22)
  • Includes Glutamine (17)
  • Tastes/smells Horrble (13)
  • Could Be Cheaper (11)
  • Large Pill (11)
  • Too Expensive (9)
September 10, 2010

Cray

Reviews: 55

Age: 26

September 10, 2010
 When I first made a commitment to myself to make fitness a serious focus, I visited GNC to pick up the basic essentials. Not knowing anything, I walked in completely mesmerized by the epilepsy-inducing product labels claiming to “put on slabs of muscle” or “get you ripped, Shredded, and redonkulously cut”. Luckily, the sales rep that day recommended that before anything else, I get myself on a solid multi-vitamin. She ended up selling me a bottle of GNC’s Mega-Men Sport. I dosed this product twice a day – morning and night – with meals.

TASTE: 10/10
So I know you’re thinking “uh Cray, wtf… rating taste on a multi? Noob.” Here’s the deal though, most multi-vitamins (at least the ones that I have tried) generally have a very rough exterior and a strong mineralized taste. Opti-Men is a perfect example of this (it’s what I am currently taking), and on occasion the pill will get stuck in my throat, leaving an unpleasant aftertaste.

This is not the case with Mega Men. Although it is a slightly bigger pill, Mega Men has a smooth coated exterior and a very nice cocoa flavor. Although these factors are of minimal importance to most people, I wanted to point out that for those individuals who have trouble swallowing pills or are put-off by the gritty texture and taste of most vitamins, MM would be a good option to consider.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
Judging the effectiveness of a multi-vitamin is no simple task in my opinion. Its effects are generally much subtler on the body and less noticeable, making this a difficult category to judge. I will say that I experienced a significant increase in my overall energy levels, especially around the normal 2PM crash hour. Additionally, I am sure taking MM was generally beneficial to my muscle recovery, immune functionality, and overall state of health.

VALUE: 9/10
In terms of ingredient profile, the MM is about what you would expect from a solid multi. It’s not lacking in any department and contains more than enough of the essential vitamins and minerals to meet a person’s daily requirements.

In my opinion, the value of many GNC products is damaged by their high cost. Luckily, if you time it right, you can avoid this pitfall with the MM Sport. I believe that I initially paid around $36 (after Gold Card discount) for an “extra-large” bottle containing 216 capsules. At 2 capsules per day, this was just over 3 months worth of vitamins and equated to a per day cost of roughly $0.33. Currently, one can purchase 180 caps of MM Sport for $27.19 during Gold Card week, which comes out to be a daily cost of only $0.30.

In comparison, a bottle of 180 Opti-Men ($19.49 on BB.com) will run you a $0.32 per day cost and will last 60 days (recommended dosing of Opti-Men is 3 pills per day, as opposed to 2 per day for MM). It is worth noting however, that 3 pills of Opti-Men do provide a higher dosing of certain key vitamins than does MM. 44 “paks” of Animal Pak will cost you almost $0.82 per day and will only last 22 days, although it is arguable that Animal Pak is providing much more bang for the buck.

OVERALL: 9.5/10
I feel that this is a great option for a men’s multi that often might get discarded as being too expensive because of the brand behind the product. The pricing speaks for itself however, and I know I personally plan on going back to MM Sport once I am finished with my current bottle of Opti-Men.

mpcatch7

February 15, 2010

CamelE

Reviews: 27

February 15, 2010
     First off, this is for the Mega Men Sport VITAPAK. There's the regular bottle of vitamins & then the vitapak, which isn't listed for review. I do have to say I've tried many of GNC's products. Amp Creatine 189, Muscle Igniter, Wheybolic Extreme 60, and I have to say this is one of the few, if only product, that I actually got something for my money. This was the first multivitamin I started taking, and probably why I began trying other GNC products. But back to this. The Vitapak is way overpriced. About $50 for a month supply. But it's not a waste. It has a really good vitamin and mineral formula and includes green tea, ginkgo, and high amount of B vitamins. It also has some BCAA's thrown in and an antioxidant blend. I think there is also a trace amount of creatine thrown in too. It also includes a Glutamine pill and an Arginine pill for a nitric oxide boost. I definitely felt great energy from this and took a pack everyday for a year before trying out Animal Pak. Animal Pak is another thing, but this doesn't fall far from it. I had no side effects from it when I took with food and had no trouble getting them down. In my opinion, this is a little too pricey compared to Animal Pak and Opti-Men. The regular Mega Men Sport vitamin is cheaper and a much better value as you can get 3-4 months out of a bottle. GNC finally made a decent product. Definitely try out the Mega Men Sport multivitamin and if you have the money, go for the vitapak. Great multivitamin.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Vitapak
    • Includes Glutamine
    • Includes Nitric Oxide
    averagejoe98
    averagejoe98

Joined: 3/2009
    Reviews: 33
    Reputation: +160
    in march they are going to be bogo 50% off. you can get 2 of the 60ct packs for 108$. thats a 4 month supply for 90 cents a day

October 31, 2012

Reviews: 5

Age: 21

October 31, 2012
     I discovered GNC's MegaMen Sport as I walked into GNC with my college roommate (who had been talking up the product for a month). He swore up and down the product was revolutionary in his health

I decided to write this review because I had lost 40 pounds from running, and I wanted to do more than just lose fat, I wanted to be in better overall health (and feel better); what better place to start than a good multivitamin? I knew of the importance of a good multivitamin, and this one is an average product at best.

I bought this quickly in the store because it was so hyped up by my roommate, and it was ok. I liked that it had a little creatine in it since I was trying to build some extra muscle, and the creatine could boost my other creatine supplement a little bit (and give me a good shot of it in the morning, since I usually can only workout in the evenings). I also love that it has Glutamine in it, which is a very important Amino Acid that helps build muscle and reduce soreness!

A 90-count bottle is around $15 in stores. You can get more multivitamins for the same price that are more effective.

Taste: 5/10
    The taste is horrible (yet doable). Even though I strongly dislike the taste, if I pay that much for a product, I'm gonna find a way to stomach it. Beware: even the smell upon opening the bottle will be enough to knock you out! The pills are also pretty large and its kind of a hassle to have to wrestle with swallowing it!

I like GNC as a whole, I trust them, and I've usually had good service. BUT, I think this product is overpriced, and average at best. I get the same results with a $4 Walmart multivitamin.

My final though of this product is that it is an okay product if you want to spend the money on it, but my personal recommendation is the use the same amount of money and get one of the many more high-quality multivitamins that are out there!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Includes Glutamine
    • Could Be Cheaper
    • Large Pill
    Manimal
    Manimal

Joined: 11/2009
    Reviews: 55
    Reputation: +3478
    No creatine in this man.

I do like this vitamin (yes I work at GNC), mostly because if the D3 content and other fat/water soluble vitamins. The only thing it's missing is a nice herb blend IMO. It could really benefit from something like that of the blend in Opti-Men.

I actually think 15 bucks is pretty competitive with other athletic vitamins that typically run as high as 30 dollars for the same amount. This and other sport vitamins will make a wallmart 1 a day vitamin look like kid stuff.

Joined: 8/2012
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +7
    Thank you for your reply.

I didn't mean to diss the product, because its a good product and I like it. I just meant that you can get Opti-men (which is a superior multivitamin IMO) 180 count for the same price as GNC's 90 count.

As far as the creatine, I may be mistaken, but my bottle says it contains a 100mg "Creatine Precursor Blend."

I also found this nutritional listing on GNC's website (under the supplemental facts heading): "http://m.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4033435"

August 18, 2012

swimchamp253

Reviews: 10

August 18, 2012
     Multi-Men Sport was the first supplement I ever bought, due to the GNC employee expressing how crucial a multi-vitamin is when you are starting to take supplements (or for life in general). This was 4 years ago, and it is still in my pantry today.

Value: This was the best part for me. If you have a gold card, then a 150 pill bottle (enough for 45 days) will only cost you $15.00. If you happen to be buying another supplement while you are there then the BOGO comes in, cutting the price down to $7.50 for 45 days worth. Thats around $.016 per day. This was very easy to manage on my high school budget at the time.

Taste: Im not going to give this an actually rating, since there isn't a main flavor, but I will say that they are very easy pills to down, with an easy texture and slight chocolatey taste. Also very easy to digest, no poo-ing out pills an hour after swallowing.

Effectiveness: This is always a hard category to touch on for a vitamin, since there is no visual effect. But I will say that I always sleep well, and have great energy throughout the day. It is packed with every vitamin an athlete needs to get through a training day.

Dosage: I followed the recommended usage for the dosing and took one in the morning and one at night so I could fully absorb it.

Bottom-Line: I would recommend this to anybody. Its hard to get a full amount of every vitamin with just the meals a person eats in a given day, and this is a cost effective way to load your body with everything it needs to run smoothly!
      March 28, 2012

Reviews: 6

March 28, 2012
       Ahh what a solid multi. Price isn't too bad either. Good profile in this , has pretty much everything u can ask for in a multi plus glutamine. Good energy throughout the day. Another thing I notice while on this is I never get sick. My friends will all be sick and I don't catch anything
      • Good For Hangovers
        Reinger
        Reinger

Joined: 2/2011
        Reviews: 42
        Reputation: +1977
        Should neg you for making me look at that Rangers symbol on my site!

Joined: 9/2011
        Reviews: 6
        Reputation: +7
        Hahaha playoffs start soon I'm pumped :)

February 19, 2012

mikemather

Reviews: 1

Age: 65

February 19, 2012
         Single biggest problem I have is prolonged soreness after hard day at work (in a gym) or periods of heavy lifting or a good run. What attracted me to the product was L'Arginine on the side of the box. Several experienced trainers explained to me it helps in the recovery of muscle tissue after workouts. Combined with the multi-vitamins and a dose of caffeine, which is used in Excedrin for pain relief, I'm feeling an immediate result when taking each packet of tablets. The pain and soreness are drastically reduced, to the point where I can move around freely again. No getting up off the couch with a groan, putting off working outside in the yard, or just sitting down at work because I hurt too bad to do anything around the gym. Seriously, I'm happy with the product simply because it's just about completely cured my pain problem from day after day of hard work. At 65 I was beginning to think this was the way it was going to be for the rest of my life. I am finally happy to be pain free and able to really get back into harder work and running again. I'm sold!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Helps In Recovery Process
          November 28, 2011

asthesonhits

Reviews: 9

Age: 35

November 28, 2011
           JUST TAKE YOUR D@MN VITAMINS!!!...a solid vitamin complex with timed release. Thats all you need in a multi. Sure the flavor isn't great or they might not smell the best but they're vitamins not Flinstones chewables. They are a great deal if you BOGO at GNC. Most body builders shouldn't need anything more than these if your diet is also in focus...grind on!
          • Good For Hangovers
          November 6, 2011

JonaDrop

Reviews: 16

Age: 26

November 6, 2011
           So, I ended up getting talked into a bottle of Mega Men Sport the first (and probably last) time I went to GNC to pick up some supplements. Previously, I'd been taking Opti-Men, but once I finished the bottle and started reading about what to look for in a multi-vitamin, I realized "Hey, I need to look for a better one."

Well, Mega Men Sport is not that better one, but since I was talked into it and opened it, I decided to finish off the bottle and do a review on it anyway.

First off, a note about the "sports blend"-- it's total BS. This has 150mg of amino acids, 100mg of a "creatine precursor blend" and 50mg of a "sports blend" with green tea extract, glutamine and beta-alanine. All these ingredients are way too low-dosed to matter when consumed as part of a normal diet. There are also trace amounts of lutein and lycopene (in the microgram territory)and a few other things, but again, the amounts are so small that you're not going to be looking at any significant effects you can feel. On a biological level, I don't know, but I doubt these under-dosed sprinklings are going to make any difference.

With that said, the vitamin and minerals in this are... well, it's a tossup. Some of the ingredients are in pretty bio-availible forms (namely the vitamins) but the minerals aren't in their best forms. Two tablets a day supplies you with a good amount (far beyond the recommended daily value in most cases) of these nutrients, but I'd like this better if if had more vitamin C and none of the underdosed sport complex.

I got this relatively cheap on a gold card week, so I can't say that it was a horrible value, but I'm switching to Controlled Lab's Orange Triad, because you get a much better vitamin for a similar price with that one.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Easy To Take
          • Time Released
          • Dosage For Vitamins And Minerals Too Low
          November 2, 2011

Reviews: 151

Age: 32

November 2, 2011
           hey everyone, this is my 3rd and most likely my last gnc related product review. I work for a competitors company so I wont be buying their products from now on. but since this was in my trunk for awhile i will still do an honest review.

Price=7 again the main problem with most of gnc's products. i got this for 15 bucks but that was only with the bogo and the 20%off which after that makes it an ok price.

Profile=7 for a multi/mineral product this was pretty average. the problem I had with this was the "sport" side of it. this reminds me of muscletech products, where it looks like they threw in 30 different ingrediants but the amounts of each are 1/10th the amount needed. i am not going to go into every example but their "joint blend" has 3 items at a total of 50mg??? using msm, collegen, and hyalronic acid, all are good ingrediants but needs higher doses. but one really good thing they did was have 1600 iu of vitamin D, which most multis lack.

Pills= 8 this is only 2 pills a day which i always like plus they give you over a 2 month supply.

overall i would recommend the regular megamen not the sport, and only if you go through all of gnc's hoops to obtain at a decent price. an ok product but their are better out there.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Easy To Take
          • Time Released
          • Could Be Cheaper

Joined: 6/2010
          Reviews: 151
          Reputation: +694
          *this was bought and used prior to my current job.

nofatchix
          nofatchix

Joined: 9/2011
          Reviews: 10
          Reputation: +420
          Nice review man. I work for Gnc and I don't like the sport version. I like the regular mega men's multi. The sport has minuscule amount of "sports" blend. And they actually removed a lot of magnesium in the sports blend vs the original mega men's

September 19, 2011

Blakewood

Reviews: 1

Age: 22

September 19, 2011
           Multi vitamins are a must, mega man got that and some. good stuff, i always get this when it comez to muti vitamins. if your body aint used to it you will pee an unusual dark yellow color but thatz how you know that the vitaminz are legit. after a while your pee goez back to normal.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • More Than Just Average Vitamins
          • Great Vitapak
          • Stronger Immune System
          • Pee Was Like Shreks Pee

Have you used Mega Men Sport? Submit your own Review!