Mega Men Sport Reviews

By: GNC

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 20

Ranks #6 of 24 (better than 78%) in
Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Mega Men Sport is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by GNC. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.
INGREDIENTS (44)

CATEGORY PREVALENCE

COMPARE SIMILAR

Cray

September 10, 2010

When I first made a commitment to myself to make fitness a serious focus, I visited GNC to pick up the basic essentials. Not knowing anything, I walked in completely mesmerized by the epilepsy-inducing product labels claiming to "put on slabs of muscle" or "get you ripped, Shredded, and redonkulously cut". Luckily, the sales rep that day recommended that before anything else, I get myself on a solid multi-vitamin. She ended up selling me a bottle of GNC's Mega-Men Sport. I dosed this product twice a day – morning and night – with meals.

TASTE: 10/10
So I know you're thinking "uh Cray, wtf... rating taste on a multi? Noob." Here's the deal though, most multi-vitamins (at least the ones that I have tried) generally have a very rough exterior and a strong mineralized taste. Opti-Men is a perfect example of this (it's what I am currently taking), and on occasion the pill will get stuck in my throat, leaving an unpleasant aftertaste.

This is not the case with Mega Men. Although it is a slightly bigger pill, Mega Men has a smooth coated exterior and a very nice cocoa flavor. Although these factors are of minimal importance to most people, I wanted to point out that for those individuals who have trouble swallowing pills or are put-off by the gritty texture and taste of most vitamins, MM would be a good option to consider.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
Judging the effectiveness of a multi-vitamin is no simple task in my opinion. Its effects are generally much subtler on the body and less noticeable, making this a difficult category to judge. I will say that I experienced a significant increase in my overall energy levels, especially around the normal 2PM crash hour. Additionally, I am sure taking MM was generally beneficial to my muscle recovery, immune functionality, and overall state of health.

VALUE: 9/10
In terms of ingredient profile, the MM is about what you would expect from a solid multi. It's not lacking in any department and contains more than enough of the essential vitamins and minerals to meet a person's daily requirements.

In my opinion, the value of many GNC products is damaged by their high cost. Luckily, if you time it right, you can avoid this pitfall with the MM Sport. I believe that I initially paid around $36 (after Gold Card discount) for an "extra-large" bottle containing 216 capsules. At 2 capsules per day, this was just over 3 months worth of vitamins and equated to a per day cost of roughly $0.33. Currently, one can purchase 180 caps of MM Sport for $27.19 during Gold Card week, which comes out to be a daily cost of only $0.30.

In comparison, a bottle of 180 Opti-Men ($19.49 on BB.com) will run you a $0.32 per day cost and will last 60 days (recommended dosing of Opti-Men is 3 pills per day, as opposed to 2 per day for MM). It is worth noting however, that 3 pills of Opti-Men do provide a higher dosing of certain key vitamins than does MM. 44 "paks" of Animal Pak will cost you almost $0.82 per day and will only last 22 days, although it is arguable that Animal Pak is providing much more bang for the buck.

OVERALL: 9.5/10
I feel that this is a great option for a men's multi that often might get discarded as being too expensive because of the brand behind the product. The pricing speaks for itself however, and I know I personally plan on going back to MM Sport once I am finished with my current bottle of Opti-Men.
    kohdii
      August 25, 2010

Overall, this product is solid. Best multi I've taken, albeit the only one so far. I've stuck to this one because of the price and its readily available at GNC for a decent price.

Generally when I took this, I would have more natural energy throughout the day, and I'd be less hungry for some reason don't ask me. It helped with appetite a little bit. It keeps my immune system strong and keeps the bugs away most of the time.

The taste is a mild chocolate flavor to the pills. They are easy to choke down.

The package says to take two a day, I will take 4 a day, 2 in the morning and 2 post workout.

Overall a solid product with a solid profile, (creatine precursors, glutamine and other amino acids blended in) the only beef I have with this is that the dosages of the vitamins and minerals is slightly low. So I usually have to double the dose.

Overall, worth the money, I will be trying optimen soon so we'll see how they compare.

• Dosage For Vitamins And Minerals Too Low
    CamelE

February 15, 2010

First off, this is for the Mega Men Sport VITAPAK. There's the regular bottle of vitamins & then the vitapak, which isn't listed for review. I do have to say I've tried many of GNC's products. Amp Creatine 189, Muscle Igniter, Wheybolic Extreme 60, and I have to say this is one of the few, if only product, that I actually got something for my money. This was the first multivitamin I started taking, and probably why I began trying other GNC products. But back to this. The Vitapak is way overpriced. About $50 for a month supply. But it's not a waste. It has a really good vitamin and mineral formula and includes green tea, ginkgo, and high amount of B vitamins. It also has some BCAA's thrown in and an antioxidant blend. I think there is also a trace amount of creatine thrown in too. It also includes a Glutamine pill and an Arginine pill for a nitric oxide boost. I definitely felt great energy from this and took a pack everyday for a year before trying out Animal Pak. Animal Pak is another thing, but this doesn't fall far from it. I had no side effects from it when I took with food and had no trouble getting them down. In my opinion, this is a little too pricey compared to Animal Pak and Opti-Men. The regular Mega Men Sport vitamin is cheaper and a much better value as you can get 3-4 months out of a bottle. GNC finally made a decent product. Definitely try out the Mega Men Sport multivitamin and if you have the money, go for the vitapak. Great multivitamin.
    • Great Vitapak
    • Includes Nitric Oxide
    bignastyrico
      November 2, 2011

hey everyone, this is my 3rd and most likely my last gnc related product review. I work for a competitors company so I wont be buying their products from now on. but since this was in my trunk for awhile i will still do an honest review.

Price=7 again the main problem with most of gnc's products. i got this for 15 bucks but that was only with the bogo and the 20%off which after that makes it an ok price.

Profile=7 for a multi/mineral product this was pretty average. the problem I had with this was the "sport" side of it. this reminds me of muscletech products, where it looks like they threw in 30 different ingrediants but the amounts of each are 1/10th the amount needed. i am not going to go into every example but their "joint blend" has 3 items at a total of 50mg??? using msm, collegen, and hyalronic acid, all are good ingrediants but needs higher doses. but one really good thing they did was have 1600 iu of vitamin D, which most multis lack.

Pills= 8 this is only 2 pills a day which i always like plus they give you over a 2 month supply.

overall i would recommend the regular megamen not the sport, and only if you go through all of gnc's hoops to obtain at a decent price. an ok product but their are better out there.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Time Released
    • Could Be Cheaper
    efishman
      December 24, 2010

Well this is a review for a multi vitamin so theres not a whole lot i can say.

The price with gold card and buy one get one half of was very resonable, about the same as opti men on bb.com is.

It has a good vitamin and mineral profile, contains the basics with a few little extras. it has BCAA's but i cant imagine that the tiny amount would do anything.

In the end it is a solid multi vitamin that you take one in the morning, one at night and your done. Its not an Animal Pak but it has all the basics.

The one plus i have to it over Opti-Men which is my new one is that this is a time release vitamin. I never once saw the neon pee that i see with Opti-Men ( a sign that you are peeing out vitamins and minerals). It releases over 5 hours so that the vitamins dont just pass right through you 1 hour after you take it
    • Includes Nitric Oxide
    • Stronger Immune System
    • Time Released
      VireX
        November 10, 2010

I have been taking Mega Men Sport for a couple of years now. I agree with other reviews, the pills are rather large and smell bad but the downsides to the supplement are outweighed by the positives.

Even after all this time,I still feel like I get a slight boost in energy and overall well-being when I take these vitamins. You also get to have the cool neon green urine (high amount of riboflavin *B2*)?

It may just be coincidence but I have yet to come down with any sickness that a person with a poor immune system could acquire... I like to attribute that to the vitamins but I'm no doctor :D.

I admit, I do not have experience with any other vitamins but I have been very happy with this product and will continue to use it with no hesitation.
      • Good For Hangovers
      • Stronger Immune System
      • Large Pill
      mpcatch7
        September 4, 2010

I remember taking this my 2 years ago when I was a sophomore. It was the first time I had taken any supplements, so I went to GNC with some buddies and picked up some Black Powder along with a bottle of these.

I can't really say that I remember a big increase in energy, but I do remember being so horny while I was taking these. Granted, I was 19 years old so I was pretty horny anyways, but I remember these for some reason these took it to another level.

Another thing I really liked was the fact that I had neon colored urine. This told me that it was definitely being processed, which I haven't had with other multi's that I have taken since (Centrum Performance, Member's Mark Complete Multi). With the others, my urine is just kind of looks like diluted lemonade, but it was bright yellow with Mega Men Sport.

I found out how much GNC was ripping me off with their prices when I finally started getting in to working out and supplements more. I thought I was getting a deal on Black Powder because I signed up for the Gold Card and got like 20% off but it was still over $50. Because of this I have stayed away from GNC altogether since then, but from reading all you guys great information and knowing now how important a good multi is I'm thinking about going back to this for my multi.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Easy To Take
        thedan
          August 25, 2010

First off i want to say that vitamins are key for muscle growth and recovery. When i first started weight training i didnt use a multivitamin and i often felt over worked and just completely drained all of the time. A friend and former amateur bodybuilder turned me on to vitamin packs. While i found that i had more natural energy and felt generally better i had a hard time choking down a pile of pills all day. So i decided to try this product and i loved it. Even though i doubled up the dosage i still wasnt taking nearly as many pills in the run of a day and i see virtually the same effects. for the 20 bucks or so a bottle this is definately worth it in my opinion.
        • Great Vitapak
        • Dosage For Vitamins And Minerals Too Low
        umatkd
          March 14, 2010

This is a great multi vitamin. It's two easy to take pills a day. MM sport has all the essential vitamins I need and more. It's timed released which is a plus and doesn't upset my stomach like some multis can. I usually take 1 pill with breakfast and 1 with lunch and that works great for me. Price is ok for these but I usually try to find them 50% off at GNC when they are near expiration.
         Pros:
         Cons:
          • Could Be Cheaper
          spwjww909311
            October 31, 2012

I discovered GNC's MegaMen Sport as I walked into GNC with my college roommate (who had been talking up the product for a month). He swore up and down the product was revolutionary in his health

I decided to write this review because I had lost 40 pounds from running, and I wanted to do more than just lose fat, I wanted to be in better overall health (and feel better); what better place to start than a good multivitamin? I knew of the importance of a good multivitamin, and this one is an average product at best.

I bought this quickly in the store because it was so hyped up by my roommate, and it was ok. I liked that it had a little creatine in it since I was trying to build some extra muscle, and the creatine could boost my other creatine supplement a little bit (and give me a good shot of it in the morning, since I usually can only workout in the evenings). I also love that it has Glutamine in it, which is a very important Amino Acid that helps build muscle and reduce soreness!

A 90-count bottle is around $15 in stores. You can get more multivitamins for the same price that are more effective.

Taste: 5/10
          The taste is horrible (yet doable). Even though I strongly dislike the taste, if I pay that much for a product, I'm gonna find a way to stomach it. Beware: even the smell upon opening the bottle will be enough to knock you out! The pills are also pretty large and its kind of a hassle to have to wrestle with swallowing it!

I like GNC as a whole, I trust them, and I've usually had good service. BUT, I think this product is overpriced, and average at best. I get the same results with a $4 Walmart multivitamin.

My final though of this product is that it is an okay product if you want to spend the money on it, but my personal recommendation is the use the same amount of money and get one of the many more high-quality multivitamins that are out there!
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Includes Glutamine
          • Could Be Cheaper
          • Large Pill