TROOP CP

Mega Men Sport Reviews

By: GNC

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #10 of 27 (better than 65%) in
Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Mega Men Sport is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by GNC. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.
INGREDIENTS (40)
THIS PRODUCT

200mg
CATEGORY AVG

299mg

The most abundant mineral in the body that is required for musclular function, vasodilaton and contsriction, nerve transmission, hormone secretion, and most importantly bone formation and health.

THIS PRODUCT

80mg
CATEGORY AVG

42mg

Mineral found in numerous fruits and vegetables required by the body for to move nutrient into cells and waste out of cells helps. Additionally, it also helps nerves and muscles communicate, allowing for muscle contraction and relaxation.

COMPARE SIMILAR

spwjww909311
  October 31, 2012

I discovered GNC's MegaMen Sport as I walked into GNC with my college roommate (who had been talking up the product for a month). He swore up and down the product was revolutionary in his health

I decided to write this review because I had lost 40 pounds from running, and I wanted to do more than just lose fat, I wanted to be in better overall health (and feel better); what better place to start than a good multivitamin? I knew of the importance of a good multivitamin, and this one is an average product at best.

I bought this quickly in the store because it was so hyped up by my roommate, and it was ok. I liked that it had a little creatine in it since I was trying to build some extra muscle, and the creatine could boost my other creatine supplement a little bit (and give me a good shot of it in the morning, since I usually can only workout in the evenings). I also love that it has Glutamine in it, which is a very important Amino Acid that helps build muscle and reduce soreness!

A 90-count bottle is around $15 in stores. You can get more multivitamins for the same price that are more effective.

Taste: 5/10
The taste is horrible (yet doable). Even though I strongly dislike the taste, if I pay that much for a product, I'm gonna find a way to stomach it. Beware: even the smell upon opening the bottle will be enough to knock you out! The pills are also pretty large and its kind of a hassle to have to wrestle with swallowing it!

I like GNC as a whole, I trust them, and I've usually had good service. BUT, I think this product is overpriced, and average at best. I get the same results with a $4 Walmart multivitamin.

My final though of this product is that it is an okay product if you want to spend the money on it, but my personal recommendation is the use the same amount of money and get one of the many more high-quality multivitamins that are out there!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Includes Glutamine
  • Could Be Cheaper
swimchamp253
  August 18, 2012

Multi-Men Sport was the first supplement I ever bought, due to the GNC employee expressing how crucial a multi-vitamin is when you are starting to take supplements (or for life in general). This was 4 years ago, and it is still in my pantry today.

Value: This was the best part for me. If you have a gold card, then a 150 pill bottle (enough for 45 days) will only cost you $15.00. If you happen to be buying another supplement while you are there then the BOGO comes in, cutting the price down to $7.50 for 45 days worth. Thats around $.016 per day. This was very easy to manage on my high school budget at the time.

Taste: Im not going to give this an actually rating, since there isn't a main flavor, but I will say that they are very easy pills to down, with an easy texture and slight chocolatey taste. Also very easy to digest, no poo-ing out pills an hour after swallowing.

Effectiveness: This is always a hard category to touch on for a vitamin, since there is no visual effect. But I will say that I always sleep well, and have great energy throughout the day. It is packed with every vitamin an athlete needs to get through a training day.

Dosage: I followed the recommended usage for the dosing and took one in the morning and one at night so I could fully absorb it.

Bottom-Line: I would recommend this to anybody. Its hard to get a full amount of every vitamin with just the meals a person eats in a given day, and this is a cost effective way to load your body with everything it needs to run smoothly!
    JonaDrop
      November 6, 2011

So, I ended up getting talked into a bottle of Mega Men Sport the first (and probably last) time I went to GNC to pick up some supplements. Previously, I'd been taking Opti-Men, but once I finished the bottle and started reading about what to look for in a multi-vitamin, I realized "Hey, I need to look for a better one."

Well, Mega Men Sport is not that better one, but since I was talked into it and opened it, I decided to finish off the bottle and do a review on it anyway.

First off, a note about the "sports blend"-- it's total BS. This has 150mg of amino acids, 100mg of a "creatine precursor blend" and 50mg of a "sports blend" with green tea extract, glutamine and beta-alanine. All these ingredients are way too low-dosed to matter when consumed as part of a normal diet. There are also trace amounts of lutein and lycopene (in the microgram territory)and a few other things, but again, the amounts are so small that you're not going to be looking at any significant effects you can feel. On a biological level, I don't know, but I doubt these under-dosed sprinklings are going to make any difference.

With that said, the vitamin and minerals in this are... well, it's a tossup. Some of the ingredients are in pretty bio-availible forms (namely the vitamins) but the minerals aren't in their best forms. Two tablets a day supplies you with a good amount (far beyond the recommended daily value in most cases) of these nutrients, but I'd like this better if if had more vitamin C and none of the underdosed sport complex.

I got this relatively cheap on a gold card week, so I can't say that it was a horrible value, but I'm switching to Controlled Lab's Orange Triad, because you get a much better vitamin for a similar price with that one.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Time Released
    • Dosage For Vitamins And Minerals Too Low
    bignastyrico
      November 2, 2011

hey everyone, this is my 3rd and most likely my last gnc related product review. I work for a competitors company so I wont be buying their products from now on. but since this was in my trunk for awhile i will still do an honest review.

Price=7 again the main problem with most of gnc's products. i got this for 15 bucks but that was only with the bogo and the 20%off which after that makes it an ok price.

Profile=7 for a multi/mineral product this was pretty average. the problem I had with this was the "sport" side of it. this reminds me of muscletech products, where it looks like they threw in 30 different ingrediants but the amounts of each are 1/10th the amount needed. i am not going to go into every example but their "joint blend" has 3 items at a total of 50mg??? using msm, collegen, and hyalronic acid, all are good ingrediants but needs higher doses. but one really good thing they did was have 1600 iu of vitamin D, which most multis lack.

Pills= 8 this is only 2 pills a day which i always like plus they give you over a 2 month supply.

overall i would recommend the regular megamen not the sport, and only if you go through all of gnc's hoops to obtain at a decent price. an ok product but their are better out there.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Time Released
    • Could Be Cheaper
    ecw1221
      July 26, 2011

can i put it like this if a multivitamin does not work on you dont weight lift!but lets get to the bottom line here

overall:good supplement nice multi-vitamin for people of any ages im guessing like 16 and older!

effectiveness:good you actually feel the increase in energy. good for workouts or better for days off (no workouts days)!

value:gold card at GNC only 10 dolars cheap and it gives you a 20% off on all products in the store! so its cheap for me plus i got connections so to me its a great value for what i get it for!

taste:sucks but its worth it because your getting your vitamins in your body and you see the effect!

side effects: none hello just vitamins!

taken:two a day. you can mix it like for ex. one in the morning another maybe at mid day! or both in morning how ever you would like.

recommend if you want a good multi vitamin.

allways remember the #1 thing is allways drink water if your going to be officialy working out if your a slacker then do what ever!
    zooferdoodle
      April 12, 2011

So I'm pretty much just writing this review because I'm super bored and just finished my homework and I'm waiting to go to the gym. That being said- LET"S DO THIS.

So yeah, taking a multi is obviously important when you're an active person, and my dad always buys me this stuff. I have no idea if it's working or not because I've never NOT been on it.

I break one of the gargantuan pills in half in the morning before my AM workout, then the other half later before my PM workout. It says take 2 per day, but that's a little insane because you don't really need 6000% of a single vitamin throughout the day, no matter how active you are, not to mention I get some of the same vitamins from the rest of my stack.

One thing I really like about this multi though is that it's a great indicator of whether or not I've been drinking enough water. If you're pee looks like thunderbolt coming out of your dick, then you need more water. If you're not drinking lots of water you're quite literally peeing out vitamins and nutrients, thus the bright thunderbolt color I so delicately described earlier. (Some people describe this phenomena as "Shrek Pee" but I prefer the more elegant version)

So yeah at this point I'm rambling so I'll cut the chord here.

BOTTOM LINE- I think it's working, but I have no idea.

Oh yeah and they smell like moldy *** on top of a burning pile of hair.

CDEC
      March 10, 2011

I've learned that having a multivitamin is just as crucial as having protein in your diet. I never took a multivitamin before this and I have to say I loved it.I took 2 with lunch everyday and one of the effects I felt was much happier, maybe due to the Vitamin- D. I never got sick while using this product either which is a plus. I felt alot more energetic and just a better overall feeling throughout the day. This was not that expensive compared to other multivitamins; especially for being bought at GNC. I recommend this product not to beginners like me but for an essential staple in everyone's diet. My pee did look like mountain dew though but that's kinda cool if you ask me
    • Great Vitapak
    • Pee Was Like Shreks Pee
    djoksta
      March 9, 2011

Been taking this supplement for a while and find that it has everything that I need. Two cons tho: pills are pretty large, and the price is very high for a 30 day supply.

I've been trying to find it for cheaper online but haven't really come across any deals yet.

Also, I like the Nitric Oxide that's in the pack... I find that if I take this 15 mins before a workout I will be able to fun much longer! I ran for just over an hour the other day and only felt (fatigue level) like i ran a half hour! Definitely recommend this product!
    • Great Vitapak
    • Pee Was Like Shreks Pee
    rob1880
      January 30, 2011

this is the only multi-vit that i have ever tried before except if you count walmart

now ive used this before in the past with not much results but was only taking one pill a day to save money
    for the past three weeks ive been taking two pills a day along with protien and bcaas and hard cardio and and supersetting(well probably need to bump cardio up,but had to stop alot cause knee problems)

anyways since ive been taking two pills a day i feel like its been alot more effective for over all health and i actually feel more all day energy and aint that costly if you get on gold card week

im not exactly sure how to do a good review on multi-vit but just feel like this is a good product and has all the vitamins you need even though its my second thumbs up on a GNC product(would go broke using there protein powder)
      efishman
        December 24, 2010

Well this is a review for a multi vitamin so theres not a whole lot i can say.

The price with gold card and buy one get one half of was very resonable, about the same as opti men on bb.com is.

It has a good vitamin and mineral profile, contains the basics with a few little extras. it has BCAA's but i cant imagine that the tiny amount would do anything.

In the end it is a solid multi vitamin that you take one in the morning, one at night and your done. Its not an Animal Pak but it has all the basics.

The one plus i have to it over Opti-Men which is my new one is that this is a time release vitamin. I never once saw the neon pee that i see with Opti-Men ( a sign that you are peeing out vitamins and minerals). It releases over 5 hours so that the vitamins dont just pass right through you 1 hour after you take it
      • Time Released

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.