Home > Categories > Weight Loss > Other Weight Loss > GNC > Lean Shake

GNC Lean Shake

Lean Shake GNC
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (7 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 97% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Lean Shake (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
32.98 Buy Lean Shake Thousands of Supplements! Buy Lean Shake
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs OxyElite Pro Reviews
OxyElite Pro (519 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

VPX Meltdown Reviews
Meltdown (16 Reviews)
PharmaFreak Ripped Freak Reviews
Ripped Freak (14 Reviews)
Nutrex Lipo 6x Reviews

Description

Lean Shake Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Lean Shake Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Absolutely Delicious (7)
  • Fills You Up (5)
  • Satisfies Cravings (5)
  • Good Value (5)
  • Gnc Stigma (1)
  • Low Quality Protein (1)

shinndigg

Reviews: 61

May 22, 2013
Forget the brand name, this is good in a pinch.

Our fearless leader Petey has asked me to share my experiences with this product. Before I get into it, I will be full disclosure and say that I am an active GNC associate, so take that however you want to. This review will be about the Lean Shake RTD, as opposed to the powdered form.

I took this product mostly as a meal replacement or snack in between meals, mostly while I was at work at GNC since it was readily available.

Profile(9/10): As a meal replacement shake, this is actually a very decent nutrition profile. Only 170 calories per shake. 6 grams of fat, only 1.5 grams of which are saturated fats. 6 grams of carbs with only 2 grams of sugar and 3 grams of fiber. 25 grams of protein from a blend of milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, and calcium caseinate. Fairly low quality protein sources, so it wouldn't be ideal as a post workout option or something to take over a prolonged period.

Taste(9/10): Another good aspect of this product is the flavors. This product comes in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. All three of which taste surprisingly great. The texture of this is rather thick but isn't clumpy, overall a pleasant product to drink.

Effectiveness(9/10): This product does well to hold you over when you can't have a meal or you need something quick and effective when you're on the go. Taking this in between meals always helped me to feel satisfied until I could actually sit down to a good meal.

Value(8/10): A 4 pack of these will run you about 10 bucks. So $2.50 a pop is a fairly decent value when it comes to RTD protein shakes, and considering the profile you get with this against other RTD's makes it a good value.

Overall, this isn't a product I would suggest to use over a long period of time. But if you have a crammed schedule or need a quick, healthy, snack in a pinch this product will do. I know everyone likes to crap can GNC, but this is one of their decent product in my opinion. I give this the thumbs up.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
  • Fills You Up
  • Satisfies Cravings
  • Gnc Stigma
  • Low Quality Protein
DanTheManski
DanTheManski

Joined: 9/2012
Reviews: 25
Reputation: +330
Dont forget the bogo on all lean shakes and the free members card.

But in all seriousness, great review. I totally agree. As far as value's concerned, one of GNC's best.

Reply #2:
ZANARK
ZANARK

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 3
Reputation: +29
is a good shake, the problem is that here in México you get this for the equivalent of $6.50 USD's each one, so value is completely lost.

red259

Reviews: 4

Age: 38

Quick way to start day

I never tried the powder form. Instead I buy packs of the pre-bottled vanilla version. It is a dozen bottles per contained and I get the gold card discount of buy one get one half off. The price does not end up being that bad when bought in bulk.

I like these for a quick meal on the go, especially in the morning when I am running out the door (when the alternative is eating nothing). Also, I may use one if its the middle of the day and I don't want to eat too much before going to the gym/doing cardio, but need something to get rid of the hunger. The shakes will help keep away the hunger if you have had a larger meal earlier. The shake is not as filling as having a full meal and if you take it on an empty stomach you will most likely be hungry again in another three hours.

That being said it does fill in for a quick meal or a snack if you want to get some additional protein in to your diet. I have tried strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. All the flavors are decent, although I really prefer the vanilla and actually crave it as a snack sometimes. At 170 calories per bottle I think its a good way to get some nutrients and satisfy some hunger pangs without blowing your diet.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
    May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012
     I have been drinking lean shake for about 4 months now and i have lose 46 pounds! I feel so much better about myself. And the comments I get from others is amazing. I would recommend this to anyone needing to lose weight. I love it and i thought I would never be able to lose anything. But I found my secret and I'm sticking to it. Thank you for the help lean shake!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
      March 6, 2012

1hotmama

Age: 29

March 6, 2012
       Absolutely love it! Lost over 30lbs with just diet and exercise alone. Hit a plateu and am trying this. Only been using it for a few weeks and it's wonderful! I have lost another 4lbs! I usually use this after my morning workout and sometimes after my evening one. You won't be sorry!
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
      • Fills You Up
      • Satisfies Cravings

Joined: 5/2012
        Reputation: +2
        I'm losing about 2 to 4 pounds a week off of this. I love it!

June 14, 2011

kgk4569

Reviews: 5

Age: 26

June 14, 2011
         I have tried a good handful of protein shakes, both premix and powders. I must say this is the tastiest, most filling, and all around best one I have tried. I started on my diet in October and have lost 70 lbs in 7 months, all fat weight, I may have lost more but this includes my Muscle Gain. All this was through diet alone, with very little addition in exercise. I use the premixed bottles of Lean Shake, because it provides a quick and filling meal with no "weak feeling" later. I recommend this to pretty much everyone. I usually go through a case and a half a week.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
        • Fills You Up
        • Satisfies Cravings
          April 14, 2011

stellarblond

Reviews: 3

Age: 22

April 14, 2011
           First off, I'd like to say that I'm very surprised that there aren't more reviews on this product! I thought it was pretty popular. I've been using it for about two years and I haven't found another protein shake quite like it. It's low in calories and high in protein, which is Ultimately what most women are looking for. The vanilla is delicious. I like it because you can blend it with fresh fruit for a change of taste. :) The blueberry is pretty good too. It's a great meal replacement for when you're on the go and need something quick and healthy. It's definitely the best-tasting protein shake I've ever had and it keeps me full for a good 3-4 hours. If you have two a day in replacement of meals, you will lose weight for sure. The price isn't too bad either. I hope that somebody found this review to be helpful. I know I personally rely on reviews and read them thoroughly before I'll buy a product. I absolutely recommend this product.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
          • Fills You Up
          • Satisfies Cravings
            chichistrong
            chichistrong

Joined: 9/2010
            Reviews: 69
            Reputation: +2154
            In saw this at GNC and I thought it was just another gnc ripoff lol and it is true, it is quite popular, the reason why you probably have not found reviews on this is because most people that buy at GNC and their brand products, usually don't buy or browse online for supps. good review tho.

Reply #2:

Joined: 5/2012
            Reputation: +2
            You can buy it at Rite Aid stores too and its much cheaper!

February 2, 2011

KBank

Reviews: 8

February 2, 2011
             These are the best tasting meal replacements I have ever had in my life! They are only 180 calories with 8 grams of fiber and low in fat and sugar. Absolutely perfect when I do not have time to eat my usual meal or I just find myself hungrier than usual. This is an oat based protein so it does not effect the fact I am lactose intolerant and it really does satisfy my sugar cravings. Vanilla is my favorite flavor with cookies and cream behind that and chocolate is good. Strawberry kind of tastes like medicine...not a fan. They are 2 for $34 which gives you 32 servings! Yum
            Pros:
            Cons:
            • Tastes Absolutely Delicious
            • Fills You Up
            • Satisfies Cravings
              Marr22
              Marr22

Joined: 3/2012
              Reviews: 0
              Reputation: 0
              Hey is it good to drink it for breakfat as well and also before or after workouts PS: i work oout late at night

Have you used Lean Shake? Submit your own Review!