Creatine Monohydrate

By GNC
Creatine Monohydrate GNC
7.7/10
(Weighted average based on 34 Reviews)

Ranks #6 of 13 (better than 58%)
in Creatine > Monohydrate
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

this stuff is cheap and easily accessible

I picked up 2 bottles of the mono caps for around $14 because they had a promo + my discount. I was using 5 caps pre and 5 post. It's been a while since I used pure mono and the results were what I expected.

Value (10): Like I said, I got 2 bottles for about $14! Great deal, but I get an employee discount. They are usually $21.99 a bottle!

Dosing (10): easy, 5 pre 5 post.

Effectiveness (7): I haven't used mono in a while but I started lifting real heavy again so I thought it was a good idea. It seemed to help my strength as I thought, however I held a little bit more water than expected.

Overall (7): this stuff is cheap and easily accessible I recommend giving it a shot whenever you wanna add some strength and help with siZe. Drink as much water as possible! I stacked with HMB and I was pleased.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Strength Gains
  • Some Water Retention

kris65

This particular monohydrate worked well for me

This is nothing but creatine monohydrate, pure and simple. There are so many creatine products out there pyvurate, kre alkalyne, ethyl ester, hcl. Some of the blends are great some swear by them, some hate them throughout all these blends monohydrate stands alone as one of best, most reliable supplements on the market. This particular monohydrate worked well for me, of course with monohydrate you will have some water retention. I saw an increase in strength which was great. What's nice is that this product is very cheap, and its effective. A lot of the other different types of creatine have not been studied well and the experiments have been riddled with extraneous variables that compromise the internal validity of the experiment which just ends up with false results. In my research methods class we looked at several popular creatine blends (not going to name anyone) and found major defects concerning the parameters of their experiments. Creatine monohydrate (as far as I know) has been the only form of creatine proven to effective in published studies. This is not to say that the other versions are not good. I love kre alkalyn and I think it is a phenomenal product and I have also responded well to ethyl ester and pyvurate. Its just that you should be careful about the studies that you read. Besides from a bloated feeling every now and again there really isn't any bad side effects with this product.

Was a little impressed.

Ok, I know I work for GNC, but heres the story. Got this product on a whim. It was on sale, and I've heard it had low side effects. I don't usually respond that well to monohydrate, but I figured I'd suck it up and give it one more shot.

Ingredient profile: Creatine monohydrate. That its. Thats a good thing though.

Effectiveness: Was a little impressed. No stomach problems or gas. Had some water retention though, nothing too bad. I think it was like 2 lbs. Strength gains were solid. Recovery went up. The usual creatine effects.

Taste: There was none

Value. I got the 50 servings for 10 bucks. Without my discount, 15.99. Months cycle with 5g pre, 5g post. Although now they suggest taking as little as 2-3 g a day.

If you want straight up clean, inexpensive creatine, I recommend.

ruabeyo
(-110)

This is a great product all around

This is a great product all around. I like products that you can feel working while your taking them and then you don't when you stop. Seriously, I don't know why guys/girls are taking creatine products that cost almost three times as much as this.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Pros: Tasteless

I love it

First Review!! I've been using This pruduct for about 3-4 years now and theres a reason for it. I love it!! For me it definently helps put on size, helps strength gains, and overall performance. It can Upset your stomach sometimes but not constantly, definently nothing you cant push through. I take it pre workout with Gold Standard 100% Whey, and essential Amino Energy. And also take it Post Workout with Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, Fish Oils, GNC multivitamins, and a ofcourse 1 Bananna! Oh another great thing is its pretty cheap and Lasts Fooreevverr!!

kris65

Posted July 8, 2011
    Nice first review.

It made me what I was in football

I began taking Creatine Monohydrate when I was 15 years old. It made me what I was in football. Now, Im sure there's some sort of mental aspect to taking any supplement. I know that once I started taking Creatine I worked way harder in the gym.

That being said, here is a break down of my numbers before and after:

Sophomore year, around December...

Bench: 200
    Squat: Unknown - didn't even do squats since I had a torn medial meniscus that needed scoped as squating as a freshman
    Power Clean: Neglible - don't recall, but I was weak..hence the lack of squats

After Senior season... Just two years any many jugs of creatine later.

Bench: 335
    Squat: 430
    P-Clean: 255
    40 time: UNKNOWN - I cramped up a ton during 2 a days. Tried to run my 40 yard dash and pulled up half way down. Never took creatine again until recentl The cramps aren't too bad, but it would be horrible to cramp up during an important game.

Actually, I stopped taking it after cramping up because I had also been having prostate cramps when I would urinate, if it was hot.

FYI: Creatine also works well for drug test passing. It tends to flush the water out of your system.

• Cramps

Posted March 12, 2011
    While taking creatine you need to take in more water than usual so you won't cramp up or have any cons

Posted March 12, 2011
    This is a good review,however how can you attribute creatine"making you what you are in football"?You made yourself what you are in football not gnc's creatine+

Alex182

First creatine i ever tried, it was tasteless and the mixability was not good at all

This was the first creatine i ever tried, it was tasteless and the mixability was not good at all. It had no transport system to help Drive the creatine in to your muscles so that was its biggest fall, taurine and some carbs would have been helpful to this product, but it is pure mono so it was good for adding 3g or so to my post workout shake, but always ended up being very gritty tasting. I did gain about 7lbs when taking this product and had alot of water retention, this is basic, beginner creatine, i would suggest kre-alk or Green MAGnitude, i would not recomend this product.

celtics

Posted August 24, 2010
    this was my first creatine also. i think it worked..but i always thought you needed a lot of sugar for monohydrate to work correctly, so i downed huge cups of juice with it. it mixed terribly, but i had some decent strength gains using it. but like you said, there are WAYY better options out there like kre-alklyn. good review

I did not gain any strength

$30 bucks for 200 servings is pretty darn good. However this product was just not effective for me. I was taking 5 grams with pre-workout before each workout. Eventually I upped the dosage to 5 grams pre 5 grams post workout so a total of 10 grams a day of Creatine Mono.

I did not gain...

I did not gain any strength. The only thing I noticed was that I bloated up a bit and my weight increased 8 pounds in a month. I felt super uncomfortable. I guess if your trying to put on weight this is the product for you but it just did not do it for me.

TigerJT

Posted January 12, 2014
    whoops..was reading and hit the button...dern. BTWz bad review! Not ment to be a agree.

Def. gave me some good gains

Monohydrate is a pretty inexpensive formula but somehow gnc manages to make it more than it should be for 30 dollars for a few months worth.

I loaded monohydrate 20 grams a day for a week then kept it 10 grams for maintenence and made some incredible gains. I put on a ton of water but screw it, it was still great.

Strength in all lifts went up a ton in the 3 months on monohydrate. I think that there are better creatines out there but if you are trying to get old school like arnold and franco get back to the rootes and get yourself some monohydrate and steaks.

Overall 8/10
    Def. gave me some good gains. I recommend to anybody trying to bulk

• Some Water Retention

Overall it is a good product

7 caps pre workout and 7 caps post workout. Value is unbeatable. Everything at GNC is so expensive usually but this went for a bargain.

Effectiveness 7/10

Effectiveness 7/10
    It was effective, I have tried several creatines that worked much better with less bloating but hey, you get what you paid for

Side effects:
    Bloating, cramping, water retention, everything expected with monohydrate

Strength Increases:
    When you put more weight on water fat or muscle, you usually get stronger as did I . 8 pounds of water later I was throwin up some great weight.

Overall 7/10
    Overall it is a good product. Cheap (inexpensive) but I quality monohydrate from GNC. Nothing special but if you are trying to old school bulk, hop on the monohydrate train!

• Frequently Upset My Stomach