Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: GNC

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #6 of 12 (better than 55%) in
Creatine > Monohydrate

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by GNC. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.
INGREDIENTS
THIS PRODUCT

5.0g
CATEGORY AVG

170g

Molecule that supports ATP production in the body and increases lean body mass, strength, power, and stamina.

FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

mjtuf1
  April 3, 2015

I'm currently 26 years old and using this product now, I used this product last year for a few months when I was 25 , and my review is more based on the awesome results I got last year using this product..

I've used pre-workouts in the past, jack3d, 1MR, nanovapor, C4 etc.. and never had much success with these products, other than a hyped up feeling before entering the gym, that maybe allowed me to do an extra rep or two. I decided I don't want to use supplements anymore. I started using a gym at work last yr, and started benching again, I started at my usual 185 on the bench, then slowly made my way to 205, which was hard weight for me at the time, and I felt like I'd be stuck on it. I've never hit 225 on the bench in my life before, 205 was always my high point. A co-worker who used the gym, and was much bigger than me (I'm 5'7 165) was always telling me about all these supplements he takes. So I decided I wanted to take alittle something, nothing major. So I bought this product.

Value: I paid $10 for 100 servings.. Awesome! any other pre-workout is like $30-$40 for a 1 month supply. The directions say take 1 heaping teaspoon before working out, for best results take 1 before working out, and 1 after working out. Now the price is so good, I decided to take a dose before and after working out, and I'd still get 2 months!! Other supplements that say to do this, turn a 1 month supply into a 2-week supply that you paid $30-$40 for.

Taste: This product is tasteless, so you can mix it to whatever. I used to mix it to my Gatorade.

I love that this bottle is just basically a blank bottle, it doesn't have a cool label or anything or lead you onto to anything. It's just basic. My gym buddy laughed at this product, and said it wont do anything for me.

I love this product, because it's not like other pre-workouts where you take it and feel like you just had 3 redbulls then crash later. You take it, you don't feel anything, but you get clean natural results, that last.

So onto my results. I was benching 205 in February, not even able to hit 10 reps. By april, I was benching 225 for 7 full clean reps, with no problem. And soon after that, I was benching 245 no problem. An all time high for me. People at work were asking me what am I on, and how did I get strong so fast. Decline benching, I used to do dumbells, I was doing 80's when I started, and no too long after, I was doing 110's. My deadlifts, which I just started doing at this time, sky rocketed up from 205 to 285. My strength just shot up. I was going to the gym, and just feeling stronger, and having more confidence being on a supplement.

I love this supplement, because its only $10 for a 2+ month supply. If it didn't work for you, your only out $10.. Other supplements, you might have to buy 1-2 bottles to really see if it worked for you or not. This, $10 is more than enough supply to experience if it works or not for you.

I love that the strength increases were natural, not me being hyped up for 30 mins.

The only con of this product, is I had to pee a lot for a couple hours after gym. That's it. But I'd definitely recoment this product, best product I ever took, best price, no B.S.

I'm currently using this now again, and it's hard to really talk about results now, because I'm not trying to lift heavy anymore, I'm using moderate weight for 15 or more reps a set.
    Antell32
      July 30, 2012

I picked up 2 bottles of the mono caps for around $14 because they had a promo + my discount. I was using 5 caps pre and 5 post. It's been a while since I used pure mono and the results were what I expected.

Value (10): Like I said, I got 2 bottles for about $14! Great deal, but I get an employee discount. They are usually $21.99 a bottle!

Dosing (10): easy, 5 pre 5 post.

Effectiveness (7): I haven't used mono in a while but I started lifting real heavy again so I thought it was a good idea. It seemed to help my strength as I thought, however I held a little bit more water than expected.

Overall (7): this stuff is cheap and easily accessible I recommend giving it a shot whenever you wanna add some strength and help with siZe. Drink as much water as possible! I stacked with HMB and I was pleased.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Strength Gains
    • Some Water Retention
    kris65
      April 21, 2011

This is nothing but creatine monohydrate, pure and simple. There are so many creatine products out there pyvurate, kre alkalyne, ethyl ester, hcl. Some of the blends are great some swear by them, some hate them throughout all these blends monohydrate stands alone as one of best, most reliable supplements on the market. This particular monohydrate worked well for me, of course with monohydrate you will have some water retention. I saw an increase in strength which was great. What's nice is that this product is very cheap, and its effective. A lot of the other different types of creatine have not been studied well and the experiments have been riddled with extraneous variables that compromise the internal validity of the experiment which just ends up with false results. In my research methods class we looked at several popular creatine blends (not going to name anyone) and found major defects concerning the parameters of their experiments. Creatine monohydrate (as far as I know) has been the only form of creatine proven to effective in published studies. This is not to say that the other versions are not good. I love kre alkalyn and I think it is a phenomenal product and I have also responded well to ethyl ester and pyvurate. Its just that you should be careful about the studies that you read. Besides from a bloated feeling every now and again there really isn't any bad side effects with this product.
    askfirst
      September 16, 2012

Amplified Creatine 189 is Creatine Hydrochloride patented in 2009.

Dosage: You take two tablets daily (1250mg).
    I have taken this product for 4 months . Wikipedia has some great reference data to this product. Pills are white in color and large and may require swallowing one at a time.

Price- ok 32-40 bucks depending on location and time. Buying (2) at BOGO time is preferred.

Effectiveness-Product to me is better than monohydrate powder because you don't need to mix with a liquid other than water. Remember, the original research used monohydrate in coffee and then later the research indicated loading with lots of carbs. This product works not only with more reps but also recovery from a intense workout.

Workout- The original scientist research indicated Skeletal muscle contains 95 percent of all creatine. Skeletal muscles move and support the skeleton. They make up fifty percent of your body weight. So creatine use with the proper mechanical weights example kettle bells (53-88lbs) provide the ideal way to gain muscle stability,core strength and functional with multiple muscle grouping.

• Large Pills
    BuffWeezy
      August 8, 2012

7 caps pre workout and 7 caps post workout. Value is unbeatable. Everything at GNC is so expensive usually but this went for a bargain.

Effectiveness 7/10
    It was effective, I have tried several creatines that worked much better with less bloating but hey, you get what you paid for

Side effects:
    Bloating, cramping, water retention, everything expected with monohydrate

Strength Increases:
    When you put more weight on water fat or muscle, you usually get stronger as did I . 8 pounds of water later I was throwin up some great weight.

Overall 7/10
    Overall it is a good product. Cheap (inexpensive) but I quality monohydrate from GNC. Nothing special but if you are trying to old school bulk, hop on the monohydrate train!
    • Frequently Upset My Stomach
    • Cramps
    Yoshio
      July 17, 2011

Taste: Blue Rasberry not bad very sweet especially mixed with grape juice.

Mixability: A little bit residue after shaking or stirring but most goes down.

Effect: A little Boost here and there. It got me a bit bigger and a bit more reps.

Gains: Then and there but not to where it was very noticeable.

Overall: GNC talked me to buying it so I felt abit scammed sice GNC's mainstream. But it heloed since I was low on money so if your new to Creatine or low on cash than I'd recomend it.

Comparisons: Ive tried CellMass (Huge Gains) and ON brand (decent and noticeable) and another GNC Creatine (Hardly anything) VoluGro( Nothing special). And this ranks somewhere between GNC brand and Volugro.

Overall I had better. This is more for those who dont wanna get huge but have a fit sculpted body if that helps in any way.
    • Frequently Upset My Stomach
    jhoosier
      March 12, 2011

I began taking Creatine Monohydrate when I was 15 years old. It made me what I was in football. Now, Im sure there's some sort of mental aspect to taking any supplement. I know that once I started taking Creatine I worked way harder in the gym.

That being said, here is a break down of my numbers before and after:

Sophomore year, around December...

Bench: 200
    Squat: Unknown - didn't even do squats since I had a torn medial meniscus that needed scoped as squating as a freshman
    Power Clean: Neglible - don't recall, but I was weak..hence the lack of squats

After Senior season... Just two years any many jugs of creatine later.

Bench: 335
    Squat: 430
    P-Clean: 255
    40 time: UNKNOWN - I cramped up a ton during 2 a days. Tried to run my 40 yard dash and pulled up half way down. Never took creatine again until recentl The cramps aren't too bad, but it would be horrible to cramp up during an important game.

Actually, I stopped taking it after cramping up because I had also been having prostate cramps when I would urinate, if it was hot.

FYI: Creatine also works well for drug test passing. It tends to flush the water out of your system.
    • Cramps
    Ragnar
      December 26, 2010

Iam on board with this being the bet bang for your buck with creagtine! It is a simple incredient profile, I had some awesome gains in size when using this s they recommend, along with a good diet, sleep and workout regimen, of course.

I used with my first jug of Gold Standard a while back, maybe 8 mo or so ago, and used about ahalf a teaspoon, a little less than recommended. It says to take 5g of the product, but the ceiling on most people with creatine mono is like 2 or 3g, so in essnse you'd just be ***ing out the rest.

The only side effects or negatives from this i should say, is a little water retention, and some digestion problems when i first started. Nothin too terrible to put a damper on my opinion on the product.

For 7 bucks with the gold card, this *** is well worth it, every penny IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! If not, you will be wasting money, and wondering wy you arent getting any of the promise gold from the most scientifically proven supp on the face of the earth!
    • A Little Belly Ache At First
    • Then Went Away
    Showtime88
      December 2, 2010

Ok, I know I work for GNC, but heres the story. Got this product on a whim. It was on sale, and I've heard it had low side effects. I don't usually respond that well to monohydrate, but I figured I'd suck it up and give it one more shot.

Ingredient profile: Creatine monohydrate. That its. Thats a good thing though.

Effectiveness: Was a little impressed. No stomach problems or gas. Had some water retention though, nothing too bad. I think it was like 2 lbs. Strength gains were solid. Recovery went up. The usual creatine effects.

Taste: There was none

Value. I got the 50 servings for 10 bucks. Without my discount, 15.99. Months cycle with 5g pre, 5g post. Although now they suggest taking as little as 2-3 g a day.

If you want straight up clean, inexpensive creatine, I recommend.
    PTfootball54
      October 23, 2010

I am now in week 3 of my off cycle right after i finished taking GNC's Creatine Monohydrate.

Value(9/10): This creatine is very cheap, i bought 50 servings worth for 7 dollars to give you an idea. the only reason i gave this a 9 is because you can find cheaper monohydrate but GNC's is still very affordable none the less.

Taste(10/10) I got the unflavored bottles, and the great part is, it actually was tasteless, which is great. When i mixed it in water it gave the look of salt water or something but it tasted like i was just drinking water or it didnt affect the taste of any drink i mixed it in with.

Effectiveness(8/10): While on my cycle, i noticed very steady strength increases, as well as mass gains that have stayed even after i lost a lot of the water i retained while on this product.I also took this with a carb drink (Gatorade) to help with the absorption, and i noticed that this coctail helped my recovery improve.

Water Retention/Bloating(5/10): I did retain a good bit of water weight (around 4 lbs of it) while on this which i was expecting anyways, but i also did feel pretty bloated around 30 min. or so after taking it espcially while loading which,again i was expecting to happen anyways.

Overall(8/10): this is a very good, very affordable creatine that does give results. results that you would expect from creatine monohydrate. if you are on a budget, or just dont want to spend a lot of money on creatine, this is a very good option.

- also remember to drink a lot of water, preferably around a gallon or more.