Creatine Monohydrate

By: GNC

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by GNC. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Does Creatine Monohydrate work?

I picked up 2 bottles of the mono caps for around $14 because they had a promo + my discount. I was using 5 caps pre and 5 post. It's been a while since I used pure mono and the results were what I expected.

Value (10): Like I said, I got 2 bottles for about $14! Great deal, but I get an employee discount. They are usually $21.99 a bottle!

Dosing (10): easy, 5 pre 5 post.

Dosing (10): easy, 5 pre 5 post.

Effectiveness (7): I haven't used mono in a while but I started lifting real heavy again so I thought it was a good idea. It seemed to help my strength as I thought, however I held a little bit more water than expected.

Overall (7): this stuff is cheap and easily accessible I recommend giving it a shot whenever you wanna add some strength and help with siZe. Drink as much water as possible! I stacked with HMB and I was pleased.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Strength Gains
  • Some Water Retention
kris65

This is nothing but creatine monohydrate, pure and simple. There are so many creatine products out there pyvurate, kre alkalyne, ethyl ester, hcl. Some of the blends are great some swear by them, some hate them throughout all these blends monohydrate stands alone as one of best, most reliable supplements on the market. This particular monohydrate worked well for me, of course with monohydrate you will have some water retention. I saw an increase in strength which was great. What's nice is that this product is very cheap, and its effective. A lot of the other different types of creatine have not been studied well and the experiments have been riddled with extraneous variables that compromise the internal validity of the experiment which just ends up with false results. In my research methods class we looked at several popular creatine blends (not going to name anyone) and found major defects concerning the parameters of their experiments. Creatine monohydrate (as far as I know) has been the only form of creatine proven to effective in published studies. This is not to say that the other versions are not good. I love kre alkalyn and I think it is a phenomenal product and I have also responded well to ethyl ester and pyvurate. Its just that you should be careful about the studies that you read. Besides from a bloated feeling every now and again there really isn't any bad side effects with this product.
  • Some Water Retention

Amplified Creatine 189 is Creatine Hydrochloride patented in 2009.

Dosage: You take two tablets daily (1250mg).
I have taken this product for 4 months . Wikipedia has some great reference data to this product. Pills are white in color and large and may require swallowing one at a time.

Price- ok 32-40 bucks depending on location and time. Buying (2) at BOGO time is preferred.

Amplified Creatine 189 is Creatine Hydrochloride patented in 2009.

Dosage: You take two tablets daily (1250mg).

Effectiveness-Product to me is better than monohydrate powder because you don't need to mix with a liquid other than water. Remember, the original research used monohydrate in coffee and then later the research indicated loading with lots of carbs. This product works not only with more reps but also recovery from a intense workout.

Workout- The original scientist research indicated Skeletal muscle contains 95 percent of all creatine. Skeletal muscles move and support the skeleton. They make up fifty percent of your body weight. So creatine use with the proper mechanical weights example kettle bells (53-88lbs) provide the ideal way to gain muscle stability,core strength and functional with multiple muscle grouping.

• Large Pills
  August 8, 2012

7 caps pre workout and 7 caps post workout. Value is unbeatable. Everything at GNC is so expensive usually but this went for a bargain.

Effectiveness 7/10
It was effective, I have tried several creatines that worked much better with less bloating but hey, you get what you paid for

Side effects:
Bloating, cramping, water retention, everything expected with monohydrate

Strength Increases:
When you put more weight on water fat or muscle, you usually get stronger as did I . 8 pounds of water later I was throwin up some great weight.

Overall 7/10
Overall...

Effectiveness 7/10

Side effects:
Bloating, cramping, water retention, everything expected with monohydrate

Strength Increases:

Overall 7/10
Overall it is a good product. Cheap (inexpensive) but I quality monohydrate from GNC. Nothing special but if you are trying to old school bulk, hop on the monohydrate train!
  • Frequently Upset My Stomach
  • Cramps
Yoshio
  July 17, 2011

Taste: Blue Rasberry not bad very sweet especially mixed with grape juice.

Mixability: A little bit residue after shaking or stirring but most goes down.

Effect: A little Boost here and there. It got me a bit bigger and a bit more reps.

Gains: Then and there but not to where it was very noticeable.

Taste: Blue Rasberry not bad very sweet especially mixed with grape juice.

Mixability: A little bit residue after shaking or stirring but most goes down.

Gains: Then and there but not to where it was very noticeable.

Overall: GNC talked me to buying it so I felt abit scammed sice GNC's mainstream. But it heloed since I was low on money so if your new to Creatine or low on cash than I'd recomend it.

Comparisons: Ive tried CellMass (Huge Gains) and ON brand (decent and noticeable) and another GNC Creatine (Hardly anything) VoluGro( Nothing special). And this ranks somewhere between GNC brand and Volugro.

Overall I had better. This is more for those who dont wanna get huge but have a fit sculpted body if that helps in any way.
  • Frequently Upset My Stomach
  March 12, 2011

I began taking Creatine Monohydrate when I was 15 years old. It made me what I was in football. Now, Im sure there's some sort of mental aspect to taking any supplement. I know that once I started taking Creatine I worked way harder in the gym.

That being said, here is a break down of my numbers before and after:

Sophomore year, around December...

Bench: 200
Squat: Unknown - didn't even do squats since I had a torn medial meniscus that needed scoped as squating as a freshman
Power Clean: Neglible...

That being said, here is a break down of my numbers before and after:

Sophomore year, around December...

Bench: 200
Power Clean: Neglible - don't recall, but I was weak..hence the lack of squats

After Senior season... Just two years any many jugs of creatine later.

Bench: 335
Squat: 430
P-Clean: 255
40 time: UNKNOWN - I cramped up a ton during 2 a days. Tried to run my 40 yard dash and pulled up half way down. Never took creatine again until recentl The cramps aren't too bad, but it would be horrible to cramp up during an important game.

Actually, I stopped taking it after cramping up because I had also been having prostate cramps when I would urinate, if it was hot.

FYI: Creatine also works well for drug test passing. It tends to flush the water out of your system.
  • Cramps
Ragnar
  December 26, 2010

Iam on board with this being the bet bang for your buck with creagtine! It is a simple incredient profile, I had some awesome gains in size when using this s they recommend, along with a good diet, sleep and workout regimen, of course.

I used with my first jug of Gold Standard a while back, maybe 8 mo or so ago, and used about ahalf a teaspoon, a little less than recommended. It says to take 5g of the product, but the ceiling on most people with creatine mono is like 2 or 3g, so in essnse you'd just be ***ing out the rest.

The only side effects or negatives from this i...

The only side effects or negatives from this i should say, is a little water retention, and some digestion problems when i first started. Nothin too terrible to put a damper on my opinion on the product.

For 7 bucks with the gold card, this *** is well worth it, every penny IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! If not, you will be wasting money, and wondering wy you arent getting any of the promise gold from the most scientifically proven supp on the face of the earth!
  • A Little Belly Ache At First
  • Then Went Away
Showtime88
  December 2, 2010

Ok, I know I work for GNC, but heres the story. Got this product on a whim. It was on sale, and I've heard it had low side effects. I don't usually respond that well to monohydrate, but I figured I'd suck it up and give it one more shot.

Ingredient profile: Creatine monohydrate. That its. Thats a good thing though.

Effectiveness: Was a little impressed. No stomach problems...

Ingredient profile: Creatine monohydrate. That its. Thats a good thing though.

Effectiveness: Was a little impressed. No stomach problems or gas. Had some water retention though, nothing too bad. I think it was like 2 lbs. Strength gains were solid. Recovery went up. The usual creatine effects.

Taste: There was none

Value. I got the 50 servings for 10 bucks. Without my discount, 15.99. Months cycle with 5g pre, 5g post. Although now they suggest taking as little as 2-3 g a day.

If you want straight up clean, inexpensive creatine, I recommend.
  • Some Water Retention
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.