Creatine Monohydrate

By: GNC

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by GNC. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Does Creatine Monohydrate work?
Antell32
  July 30, 2012

I picked up 2 bottles of the mono caps for around $14 because they had a promo + my discount. I was using 5 caps pre and 5 post. It's been a while since I used pure mono and the results were what I expected.

Value (10): Like I said, I got 2 bottles for about $14! Great deal, but I get an employee discount. They are usually $21.99 a bottle!

Dosing (10): easy, 5 pre 5 post.

Effectiveness (7): I haven't used mono in a while but I started lifting real heavy again so I thought it was a good idea. It seemed to help my strength as I thought, however I held a little bit more water than expected.

Overall (7): this stuff is cheap and easily accessible I recommend giving it a shot whenever you wanna add some strength and help with siZe. Drink as much water as possible! I stacked with HMB and I was pleased.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Strength Gains
  • Some Water Retention
kris65

This is nothing but creatine monohydrate, pure and simple. There are so many creatine products out there pyvurate, kre alkalyne, ethyl ester, hcl. Some of the blends are great some swear by them, some hate them throughout all these blends monohydrate stands alone as one of best, most reliable supplements on the market. This particular monohydrate worked well for me, of course with monohydrate you will have some water retention. I saw an increase in strength which was great. What's nice is that this product is very cheap, and its effective. A lot of the other different types of creatine have not been studied well and the experiments have been riddled with extraneous variables that compromise the internal validity of the experiment which just ends up with false results. In my research methods class we looked at several popular creatine blends (not going to name anyone) and found major defects concerning the parameters of their experiments. Creatine monohydrate (as far as I know) has been the only form of creatine proven to effective in published studies. This is not to say that the other versions are not good. I love kre alkalyn and I think it is a phenomenal product and I have also responded well to ethyl ester and pyvurate. Its just that you should be careful about the studies that you read. Besides from a bloated feeling every now and again there really isn't any bad side effects with this product.
  • Gives You That Needed Extra Push
  • Bloating
Showtime88
  December 2, 2010

Ok, I know I work for GNC, but heres the story. Got this product on a whim. It was on sale, and I've heard it had low side effects. I don't usually respond that well to monohydrate, but I figured I'd suck it up and give it one more shot.

Ingredient profile: Creatine monohydrate. That its. Thats a good thing though.

Effectiveness: Was a little impressed. No stomach problems...

Ingredient profile: Creatine monohydrate. That its. Thats a good thing though.

Effectiveness: Was a little impressed. No stomach problems or gas. Had some water retention though, nothing too bad. I think it was like 2 lbs. Strength gains were solid. Recovery went up. The usual creatine effects.

Taste: There was none

Value. I got the 50 servings for 10 bucks. Without my discount, 15.99. Months cycle with 5g pre, 5g post. Although now they suggest taking as little as 2-3 g a day.

If you want straight up clean, inexpensive creatine, I recommend.
  • Some Water Retention
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.