Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > GNC > Beyond Raw Ravage

GNC Beyond Raw Ravage

Beyond Raw Ravage GNC User Rating: (64 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 56% (Uncertain)
LOWEST Prices for Beyond Raw Ravage (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
3.99 Buy Beyond Raw Ravage Thousands of Supplements! Buy Beyond Raw Ravage
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump Max Reviews
SuperPump Max (83 Reviews)
Driven Sports Craze Reviews
Craze (80 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN NO-Xplode Reviews

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Ravage is the concentrated pre-workout that is sold as part of GNC's hardcore product line. It contains powerful stimulants and other products to maximize each and every workout. Though the product has gotten off to a slow start, the solid reviews have started to appear as GNC made minor tweaks to the formula.

Beyond Raw Ravage Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Beyond Raw Ravage Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Energy (53)
    • Its A 1 Scooper (40)
    • Great Pump (33)
    • Insane Endurance (27)
    • Taste Awful (27)
    • Too Expensive (25)
    • Itchy Skin (19)
    • Smells Bad (16)
    July 22, 2013

TaylorD

Age: 24

July 22, 2013
    Great product.

I was using C-4 and had stomach issues with it due to magnesium levels. I went to my local GNC to search for a new product. Raw Ravage was recommend to me because it was on sale and had some good reviews from customers. I got a great deal on a tub, so I decided to give it a try. First off the taste is terrible, almost like drinking gasoline flavored pepper. So in taste I give it a 1/10. Bad, terrible, horrible taste!

It gives you a burning feeling in your skin, which I love! So it's easy to tell its working. The energy is clean and the pump is great! I give it a 8/10 in effectiveness. Also there was no stomach issues or crash that I noticed. So side effects are low, just the tingle and burning. Which is normal with a good pre workout. If your looking for a good pre workout with having to run to the BR ever five minutes give this a try. Just be warned!! The taste is something not many can take, just be a man and hold your nose, and choke it down because its worth it. I packed on six pounds after my first tub, and I am now on my second. I know most of this weight is water retention but I have also seen strength gains. I love it, and I think you will too.
    • Smells Like Dirty Feet
    July 8, 2013

sho4life12

Age: 33

July 8, 2013
    Ravaged only my skin...

Ok, my first review, so here goes. I had taken a 2 wk break due to joint pain and decided it was time to return to the gym. With my beloved Jack3d under attack from the FDA for DMAA and wanting to try something new, I decided to pick up a tub of GNC's Beyond Raw Ravage. This stuff is NO GOOD. Did not help my workout tasted terrible and was overall a disappointment. I have used Jack3d (my fav), Neurocore (Good if you're against DMAA), 1 MR (new version stinks), and C4 (ok, but pricey).

Taste - 2/10 - I do not drink PWO's because they taste great or for refreshment but taking this was harder than my workout. It tastes like cherry cough syrup, and gave me a red Kool-Aid mustache that I'm sure the ladies at the gym thought was super sexy. And what's with the maple syrup/chemical smell when you exhale and in your shaker? Ugh. However, it mixed well with no residue but I will have nightmares of this blood red evilness.

2.) Results - 4/10 - I did one scoop per workout from start to finish. Usually on an empty stomach when I get home from work, and then eat after. Took about 6-7pm, and did not have trouble sleeping at 11-12. It has beta-alanine so I was expecting that familiar tingle (which I usually like). What I got was burning skin. Really bad burning skin. On fire BURNING SKIN. This was not enjoyable. As far as energy, it got me off the couch, but did nothing for my workout. The energy was clean, as some might say, (however, I like the "I'm on crack, get off my bench," Jack3d feeling). One thing that it did do well was pump. I felt that grinding sand in my biceps feeling on curls and my chest during dumbbell flies. (I do chest and arms on the same day). This also has a thermogenic, Yohimbe, which I didn't know about until after I bought it, and I definitely don't need that at 5"11" 180, 5-7% body fat. I didn't notice it all that much, but I didn't notice the energy all that much either. I made some gains from start to finish, but I attribute that to 1.) having gotten back from a mini-break and 2.) Going from a cut to a mass geared workout.

3.) Side effects - Other than the I'm on fire feeling, it gave me gas. Not bad, and not a stomach ache, but it was there. No magnesium, so I wasn't running for the BR. The staining your mouth thing must be due to too much dye, and the burning sensation lasted far longer than the energy. No crash, kinda just wore off, but just too quickly. Just getting back in, I had some effects left at the end of my workout, but if I was at my usual 2 hours, it would have worn off on me. Recovery times were normal, nothing to write home about. Did not give me that "I'm gonna get this last rep and then another," feeling. Focus was improved but not tunnel vision like Neurocore or C4. The one thing that was predictable was that it worked the same from first scoop until the last, but I never thought it was great to begin with.

4.)Value - 3/10 - Too much mullah. While its a one scooper, you only get 20 servings for about 35-40 bucks. If it was awesome this might be warranted, but its not, so its not.

5.) Overall 4/10 - It does effect you, good or bad, but I would not recommend this product. Its not one of those "dud" products that you take and feel nothing. Too much money for what you get. I loved the pumps but that doesn't outweigh the negatives. I will continue my quest to find a Jack3d replacement, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to comment on my review and of other PWO's I might like.
    • Mixes Well
    Gkeezy
    Gkeezy

Joined: 3/2011
    Reviews: 81
    Reputation: +1134
    This stuff made me throw up in my mouth a little right after ingestion... F it never again!

Daloof911
    Daloof911

Joined: 6/2012
    Reviews: 26
    Reputation: +477
    strangely, i enjoyed the flavor of ravage... but you might want to look into speed x3 by lecheek. i personally haven't tried it yet, but i've heard its pretty strong.

Reply #3:
    briantitan
    briantitan

Joined: 3/2014
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: 0
    if you want to feel like you just smoked a fat bowl of crack id assume thats what mr.hyde feels like. its very intense

May 14, 2013

ezko84

Age: 28

May 14, 2013
    finished this last month

Just finished a tub of this last month.. picked it up at gnc.

had decent energy and felt numby and itchy on my sides.

The only thing was towards the end of of the bottle I started feeling lethargic after my workout and feeling nauseated. im sure it was the preworkout. Been feeling the same energy without the sides with a few cups of coffee about an hour and half with just coffee.

I would have to gulp it because I couldn't stand the taste..
    • Dizzy
    • Nausea
    • Not Effective After First Week
    April 6, 2013

Age: 15

April 6, 2013
     Hey everyone, i just finished this product and here are my thoughts. i have taken the majority of the top pre workous including assault, black hemo rage, c4, bodyrush, and currently on jack3d

I wanted to get the word out on this pre workout. I am generally not a fan of GNC products but i heard this gave you crazy energy, so i gave it a try.

I bought the orange flavor and it was by far the worst tasting thing i have ever put in my mouth. i dont know if it was the orange that was bad or if all the flavors were terrible but this is a plug your nose and chug kind of drink. all in all awful taste. 1/10

By the time you get to the gym youll feel hot and itchy all over the place and it was awesome! great pumps and increases sets and reps. pump gets 8/10

Well on this product my bench max increased from 190 to 230 and all my other exercises increased. had impressive gains so value is 9/10

unfortunately Ravage was 60$ which is pricey for a pre workout

All in all gnc hit the spot with ravage and whenever i want to go crazy in the gym again ill be sure to by this.
    WarMachine
    WarMachine

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 75
    Reputation: +2382
    Not to flame you bro, but at your age, you should be saving your money and just opt for good hard training and good food for your gains. Save this stuff for when you're a little older.

Again, not an insult or criticism, just some food for thought.

Joined: 3/2013
    Reputation: +4
    thanks war machine but i go to the gym in the mornings before school and i need something to get me to go there, otherwise i cant put in the work i want to

Reply #3:
    cssrss
    cssrss

Joined: 2/2013
    Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +114
    Good review man, but I have to agree with war machine. At you're age it's best not to mess with this stuff; your body is still developing and this is hard on your liver, etc

Reply #4:
    Superdude246
    Superdude246

Joined: 8/2013
    Reputation: +26
    At your age and at the time you work out I would recommend a small cup of coffee for some energy or amino energy by optimum nutrition which uses green tea

Reply #5:

Joined: 3/2013
    Reputation: +4
    This review was written almost a year ago, at the time compared to the present I knew nothing of what would be the most beneficial for my body, I now only take creatine and protien and I am working towards a powerlifting competition

February 27, 2013

jm003606

Age: 41

February 27, 2013
     Bought this product and was told that it was a good pre workout. I have tried numerous pre workout matrix and this is def not woth the money. I did not have any more focus or energy than if I would have consumed nothing. I even tried increasing the recommended dosage and still nothing. I tried contacting GNC store where originally bouht and the manager basically said you can leave a review online. Just trying to save evryone else some money from buying this product.
    Pros:
    Cons:
      • Taste Awful
      money0351
      money0351

Joined: 2/2012
      Reputation: +10
      If you have the receipt or purchaced it with a gold card within the last 30 days you will get a full refund. furthermore, as long as it's not a 3rd party item you can get a refund, granted it will be the lowest sale price in the nation within the last 90 days but it is something.

January 14, 2013

Cedguy

Age: 17

January 14, 2013
       This product is excellent! With a few flaws however.

Focus:

I became an animal for the first three weeks. Nothing else in mind but to lift things up and put them down. The tunnel vision was so good that it was dangerous to drive when buzzed on that stuff.

Endurance:

This product was rich in beta alanine. The itch was insane, the intra-set recovery was out of this world and I was able to push myself for 2h at the gym non stop.

Energy:

As stated before, I was bouncing off the walls when I was on this stuff. I ha the energy to pick up the machines, never mind use them.

Taste:

It tastes very sweet. I bought the Hawaiian punch and it tasted rather great. It felt like I'm drinking cough syrup but tasty. If you don't have a sweet tooth, stay away from this stuff.

Thermogenic:

This PWO is supposed to have thermogenic properties. I did notice some additional sweating during my workouts but nothing fancy. I did shed some fat from this PWO as I didn't do much cardio.

Now most would think I'd say its the perfect product. But beware, the tolerance and crash from thins product is annoying. I was at 1 1/2 scoop at the end of my tub. Not to healthy I'd say. And the crash was just terrible. I'd go home and sleep for days.

Overall, I love this product. I love the idea of a thermogenic with a PWO. The effectiveness is phenomenal but the tolerance is what kills it. I would absolutely consider buying it again if i wasn't so tolerant.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Ba Rush
      • Mixes Well
      • Great Thermogenic Effects
      • Insane Focus
      • Insane Endurance
      • Great Pump
      • Good Recovery
      • Become Easily Tolerant
      • Crash
      December 10, 2012

zachss3

Age: 26

December 10, 2012
       I was referred this product of course by a GNC rep as an alternative to say BPI 1 M.R. or some other kind of heavily stimmed pre workout supplement.

First off, it is a good product, however, it is pricey. Most things on the GNC Beyond Raw line are. I paid around $40 for 20 servings. With other products that are the same if not better, you get 28-30 servings. So right off the bat the price was high, but I tried it anyway.

I took the product the full 20 workouts, and was very happy with the results. It worked well, again extremely pricey though. I used it 5 days a week with the 1 scoop max for heavy weight training. It gave me the surge to power through workouts without slowing down.

I experienced ZERO side effects, and I may use the product again. Here are a few things that will summarize everything above:

TASTE: 0/10 - It is the worst tasting supplement ever. Be prepared

Effectiveness: 9/10 - End result is awesome

Price: 6/10 - You can find better products for lower prices.

Recommend: Since this is claiming to be a "hybrid" you wouldn't have to stack it with anything but I stacked mine with I Force Nutrition Hemavol for a stronger pump.

If it wasn't so expensive I'd keep using it!

December 7, 2012

joeyr956

Age: 18

December 7, 2012
        Ravage is a grate overall pre-workout supplement. after taking it I got a itchy feeling that felt like grains of sand running around on my face and around my arms, not painful. besides that it gives outstanding energy and concentration. iv used multiple pre workout supplements before but this gives the best boost of energy. in the end, the results are more important that the taste. it works grate an i recommend it for anyone over 18.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Its A 1 Scooper
      November 20, 2012

Age: 45

November 20, 2012
       I usually take Jacked 3D but with all of the talk about the changes being made to the product I figured I would be open to trying something new. Let me state first that I've only used one container of the product and though I did notice the typical benefits that pre workouts provide I just could not get past the smell and taste of this stuff, it is plain awful. I have been bodybuilding for a long time and really don't care about if my product taste like fruit punch, lemonade or Thanksgiving dinner for that matter but this products main flaw is getting past my senses and will be the reason I won't buy it again.
      AS79
      AS79

Joined: 6/2011
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: +1348
      So it works fine with good energy and focus, but tastes bad. Not sure how that equals a 5 for effectiveness?

Joined: 11/2012
      Reputation: -1
      Product delivers on providing energy pump focus etc. But taste terrible and the smell is bad. Just my view on it.

September 10, 2012

Jegan274

Age: 19

September 10, 2012
       I love Ravage and I dont think i will be switching anytime soon. I love the blend of fenugreek and carnosyn in it, helps stay lean while promoting strength, unstoppable energy in my own opinion. Everytime i drink this i am ready to hit the weights. Has a good "thermogenic blend" in it as well that also helps burn calories. Has a very good creatine complex, also the necessary amounts of arginine and beta alanine. Also enough caffeine to get me ready for the rest of the day. Really really like this preworkout, the only downfall is the price and the taste. But i can get over both of these downpoints and im sure i will continue to purchase Ravage.
      • Good Recovery
      • Tastes Bad

Have you used Beyond Raw Ravage? Submit your own Review!