Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > GNC > AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

GNC AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 GNC
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (164 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 83% (Reliable)
LOWEST Prices for AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
29.00 Buy AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Thousands of Supplements! Buy AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (375 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)
BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Whey Reviews
Elite Whey (71 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

HELP!! AMP Women's Ripped Vitapak & AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60
I am new to taking anything at all. Three months ago I began this better lifesty...

$45 AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, 3 lb + Free GNC GoldCard
So I ran out of protein and after looking around found this as the best deal: ...

GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60™ - Chocolate
what is a good milkshake recipe i can make from this product?  It tastes go...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, often just referred to as Wheybolic 60, is a high quality protein that is marketed as part of GNC's store brand. It is whey protein isolate, so it is one of the purest forms of whey available.

One complaint that many have is that it is very pricey as there are many other isolates of equal quality available for a cheaper price.

AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Great (95)
    • Strength Increase (91)
    • Strength Gains (75)
    • Amazing Recovery (74)
    • Price (71)
    • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off! (56)
    • A Little Pricy But Worth It (39)
    • Serving Size Too Much (18)
    August 23, 2012

Age: 22

August 23, 2012
     I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. I have gone through several tubs of this and finally realized I haven't posted my 2 cents yet.

Wheybolic is GNC's flagship protein powder. I bet everytime you go in looking for protein, the GNC clerk will try to convince you that Wheybolic is the way to go. While I am one of these evil, money hungry, pushy clerks myself, I will write an honest review on Wheybolic.

Taste/Mixability:10/10
    This is a great tasting protein, simple as that. It does not clump at all. It even tastes good in water, believe it or not. I will admit, it is not the BEST tasting protein powder I have ever had(Myofusion pro Cinnamon Roll has my heart), but it is always a pleasure to drink. I never had chocolate or vanilla, but I can tell you that Banana/CnC both taste great!

Effectiveness:9/10
    To be honest, I find it very hard to rate this, because in the end, protein is protein. I can't tell someone that this will put on more muscle than ON GS Whey because it is simply not true. Then again, there are more benefits than one may think to using this protein.

This happens to be a whey isolate, so you know it will be digested extremely fast. I prefer this in the morning if I don't feel like eating anything. I never got gas from this, unlike other protein powders I have used. The added BCAAs are a plus as well. When I use to use this postworkout(broscience ftw!), I noticed faster recovery. Could have been a placebo at the time but I def. noticed less soreness.

This would actually be a great cutting whey due to one scoop being only 93 calories with 20 grams of protein per scoop. There is added carnitine and several other goodies, but too little per scoop to make a difference. Less than one gram of sugar per scoop is great as well!

Value:6/10
    I get that most of us here hate GNC for their prices. Well I am here to say that I do too! I cant believe that they thought they could get away with this. This is not as bad as p6 from Cellucor's price, but holy christwagons is this an expensive protein.

It can be bought at a great price though. Just buy it on GC week. If it is BOGO you get the first one at 20% off and the second one at 70% off. That's like buying one at full price but the second one being at 90% off. That would raise the value to an 8/10, but at $76.99 for a tub right now(at least at my GNC), you are fine going to ON GS Whey.

On a side note, there are 51 servings per container. One scoop has 20 grams of protein which is an average amount for many powders. I would never go by the 60 grams of protein per serving they recommend. I wish they would change the name in all honesty.

Overall:6.5/10
    This is a great protein in the end. I buy it from time to time when I extra money to spend on supplements. I recommend at least giving this product a go every once in a while because it does taste good, and is very high quality. The value makes it too hard to make this a staple, but there is no reason why this can't be thrown in your stack every once in a while.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Low Calorie
    • Tastes Great
    • Rapid Recovery
    • Overrated
    • A Little Pricy But Worth It
    • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!

Reputation: +2341
    Overall should be a 7 by the way ! :( oops....

Reply #2:
    Mooselini
    Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 28
    Reputation: +2203
    When i first started to read your review i though you said i cant believe im reviewing this product

Reply #3:
    SupRobery
    SupRobery

Joined: 8/2012
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: -4
    good review, in my opinion hydroplatinum whey is much better. I literally did a month on each back to back and got wayyyy better results on the hydroplatinum and the chocolate is ridiculously good flavored

Reply #4:

Reputation: +1044
    As a fellow pushy GNC associate I agree it's over priced, but it is a good product.

Reply #5:

Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +134
    Haha I wanna try this so bad! The price is what always holds me back!

Reply #6:

Reputation: +2341
    I'm actually not that pushy Shin haha, but I still recommend this to many customers because it's technically the best whey you can get.

Reply #7:

Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +134
    Is this pure hydrolyzed whey?

Reply #8:

No it's Hydro/Iso

Reply #9:

Reputation: +1044
    I get you clip, I always recommend this too because it's a P3 and makes me more $$$, hahaha

Reply #10:

Reputation: +2341
    We don't get commission on this though, it just helps our numbers :)

Reply #11:
    Jegan274
    Jegan274

Joined: 9/2012
    Reviews: 1
    Reputation: -3
    I too work at GNC, and for some reason the price of wheybolic keeps going up, i remember when it used to be around 65, now its 76! Great tasting, and in my opinion it works really well, ive got really good results from it and its basically the only thing i use besides re-feed.

December 29, 2010

Age: 23

December 29, 2010
     Like a lot of people on here, I got roped into buying this from those sneaky, dastardly GNC reps. They had a buy one get one 50% off sale going, so I said screw it and caved in and got two tubs. I was using Syntha-6 at the time I purchased this, and I would say that this is on par with that product. They are a little different, but I saw equally as good results. The first few times that I used it, I did exactly as the directions said and took 3 scoops as a serving. The more I read about protein absorption in the body, I soon realized that 60 grams of protein at once was probably a little overkill, so I cut the servings down to 2 scoops in the morning with breakfast, and 2 scoops after my workout.

The thing that really jumped out at me at first was how well recovered I felt after taking this. Almost no soreness at all the next day when I woke up. That indirectly helped me increase my strength, as I felt I could push myself a little bit more knowing I'd feel well recovered the next day taking this. The only flavor that I tried was the cookies and cream, which wasn't to bad. Not nearly as tasty as Syntha-6 was though.

It is pretty expensive at it's normal price, but if you can get it with your gold card or on a buy one get one half off sale like I did, it's not to bad. It is a quality product as it's protein sources are isolate and hydrolyzed whey, so a little extra is to be expected anyways. This gets a thumbs up from me and I would definitely recommend it.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quality Protein Sources
    • Strength Increase
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Only Buy When It's On Sale
    • Serving Size Too Much
    December 2, 2013

MrFusion

Reviews: 7

Age: 36

December 2, 2013
    Does What It Says and Then Some

I wont bore readers with a breakdown of the ingredients in this protein. What I will do is review what I felt while I took two tubs of chocolate flavor and following the 2-scoop serving (more on that to follow).

I'm going to get the bad out of the way first, so you can see it's not really "bad" so to say but I'm sure some of you may know where I'm going with this:

Price: Terrible. Highway robbery. Those are the words I can use to describe how I felt when I plunked $64 dollars down for a tub of this. However, GNC constantly has deals on this product as BOGO/half off and that's where the real price value can be attained.

Taste: Horrid. I read many reviews where readers thought it tasted great but I will kindly disagree. It tasted like ash and synthetics. Since we have all swallowed supplements thousands of times, we know how to not taste things when we eat/drink them and that's what I would do with this protein.
    ---------------------
    Now the GOOD:

Ingredient Profile:
    At 2 scoops (big ones)--you get 40 grams of protein and all the BCAA's a lifter needs. This is the serving I dosed at for two tubs and I wouldn't recommend you waste your money on the 60 gram serving. I can't in all honesty advise this since the product is pricey and there are great, bountiful reasons for sticking to the 40 gram serving. The label will explain to the user what the profiles are from 20-60 grams (1-3 scoops). I will leave that up to the user to decide but I had great effects from 2 scoops (40 grams). The rest of the ingredients can be found on a simple Internet search.

Mixability:
    I would say it stands with O.N. Two scoops in about 5 ounces of water broke down to a non-clumpy drink and quite easily. No pudding like effect either.

I'm not a scientist nor was I part of any blind study to break down the effects of this product. However, I know what it's like to not use protein in some ways (not including through diet) when heavy weight training is involved. It's silly not to supplement a quality protein.

I am being truthful when I say this product took most of the soreness away the next day and left my muscles in a state of "readiness." What I mean by readiness is this: I can do my 2 day split with ease, not worrying about how my body will feel the next day after a workout when I need to hit it hard again. No other protein mix has done this for me personally and I'm currently on a tub of Platinum Hydrowhey to test this (slightly cheaper than than Wheybolic).

I know my body is getting the nutrition it needs, the protein to feed my muscles and safely recover from a brutal workout.

I was able to add weight (of course not 50 pounds each time) to each routine, week after week. I'm a set to rep lifter (more sets, 6-8 reps) and the recovery this product gave me kept me where I wanted to be, each lift.

I would recommend this powder based on recovery alone.

Use:
    I took 2 scoops about 20 minutes after my workout, with 2 Kre-Alkalyn caps. Before each workout, I used Assault, with 3 Kre caps.

If I pounded myself hard the day before, I would take just 1 scoop in the morning and eat breakfast.

Overall:
    This protein doesn't make you feel bloated/full (can be taken before a meal without making you feel like you've eaten already).

The ingredient profile is enough to show you that your supplementing properly for recovery. The price point stinks but think of what you're doing in the gym. I used to mix my own supplements and take them with Gold Standard but it became pretty tedious to do that (others may do very well at it).

I'd like to experiment with a scoop about a half hour before the workout (when I get a tub again and rest assured I will) to see if I can increase recovery as well.

This protein is also good on my kidneys as I've had other protein products raise my kidney numbers (simple blood test from your doctor can help guide your dosages). So that's another big plus for users who are slightly intolerant to "too much" protein.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope it can help someone else out there.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Rapid Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • Strength Gains
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Muscle Size Increase
    • Strength Increase
    • Protein Tolerance
    • Terrible Taste
    irondude
    irondude

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +245
    Is a nice overpriced protein, I just buy it close dated(next to exp date) and use it post wo.

June 14, 2013

Reviews: 3

Age: 22

June 14, 2013
    GNC AMP wheybolic 60

I have been taking this brand of whey protein for 5-6 months now. It taste really great and isnt like some other ones that have many sugars, fats, and fillers. I just took 1 scoop in the morning and 2 post workout. The only down side to this product is that its a little more expensive than usual but its worth it. I think it could be improved if they sold bigger containers. I will stick to thos brand until I find one better. Hope this review help some guys out there.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Muscle Size Increase
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • Helps With Good Diet
    • Price
    • A Little Pricy But Worth It
    Troma99
    Troma99

Joined: 5/2012
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +11
    If it's a bad value...or too expensive...why did you give it a 9?

Reply #2:
    Gkeezy
    Gkeezy

Joined: 3/2011
    Reviews: 81
    Reputation: +1134
    You did not describe how this HELPS YOU, so I doubt it will help ANYONE ELSE!

Reply #3:

Joined: 1/2013
    Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +29
    Well it's expensive normally but I usually get it at gnc when its on sale. It helped me by giving me the amount of protein I need with low amount of fat.

May 22, 2013

red259

Reviews: 4

Age: 38

May 22, 2013
    Good product, bad price

I have only tried the chocolate flavor of this product and I mix it with water. It mixes extremely well and the taste is much better than any other whey protein I have tried. I do not follow the suggested serving size of three scoops (60g of protein) as I feel that is way too much protein at once. On heavy lifting days I will have two scoops (40g protein) pre-workout and two scoops post workout. On cardio or lighter days I usually just have one shake with a scoop and a half.

I have not noticed any side effects, although I do notice a significant recovery in my muscles from day to day. I am very happy with this product with the exception of the price. It is extremely expensive (even with my GNC gold card) and I will be giving ON Standard Gold a try to see if I can get similar results at a much better price point.

Overall if you see this product offered at a significantly discounted price (or if you don't care about how much you pay) I would strongly recommend it, otherwise I would only recommend it if you can't find anything else out there that works well for you.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • Rapid Recovery
    • Price
    • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
    • Serving Size Too Much
    April 22, 2013

DnA

Reviews: 4

Age: 29

April 22, 2013
     I spent a long time staying away from protein shakes because I remember them being chalky and bland. My husband has been drinking AMP for some time now and had me try it one day and I've been stuck since.
    It tastes amazing. In fact its so good on the days my kids are feeling like picky eaters we mix them up some with a little almond milk and they love it.
    I have 1 scoop before the gym with creatine mixed in. Then another scoop right after the gym with creatine and glutamine mixed in. Then at night after dinner we make our dessert shakes. 1 scoop of chocolate AMP, half a banana, and some peanut butter blended with some ice.
    I weight lift 2+ hours/5 days a week so I needed the extra protein and low carbs/fat. It keeps me full and gives me the energy I need for my workout.
    My husband mixes in some Soy protein in with his 3 scoops in the am before he lifts.
    It has given both of us amazing recovery time as well. Compared to other proteins this one is the only one Ill drink. Its worth the money and the big tub lasts the both of us a couple weeks.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • Rapid Recovery
    • Good Price
    • Helps With Good Diet
    • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
    December 5, 2012

got2lift

Reviews: 2

Age: 18

December 5, 2012
     after countless encounters with gnc clerks trying to persuade me to try this product i finally gave in and picked up a few tubs on bogo. before i get into the review i wanna suggest that you actually take 2 scoops post workout instead of 3 just so you dont go through the tub in a 10 daysand 40 g of protein is a pretty dam good amount but hey thats just me do what you gotta do haha.

mixability- alright so everyone loves a protein that mixes well and doesnt leave you with those clumps. if any of you have ever tried the ON gold standard whey protein i would compare it to the AMP due to the fact that it mixes efficiently and rather quick so i would rate this a 10 for mixability also keep in mind i did this with a blender.

effectiveness/ results- now on the tub it claims by taking this you will be/ feel 30% stronger after finsihing. for me i definately felt alittle stronger but with all honesty nothing completely major. what really shined about this product was the recovery time my muscles/body really loved this product after a good intense workout in the gym i would gulp down 2 scoops of this and feel pretty dam good in the morning with little to no soreness. for effectiveness i give it a 9 only because in my opinion nothing can be perfect.

taste- i grabbed the cookies n cream flavor and i have no complaints on its taste. with milk it tasted like a shake and even with water it wasnt that bad as opposed to other products i have tried.

final thoughts- definatelly will be buying again but make sure you get it either on gold card week or on a bogo deal unless you can afford it regulary.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Strength Increase
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • A Little Pricy But Worth It
    • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
    November 24, 2012

Rusty218

Reviews: 1

Age: 46

November 24, 2012
     Hello, I'm 46 yrs old and have been lifting on and off since high school. I have recently got back in the gym due to weight gain. As I started to get back in a routine, I wanted to maximize my workouts, and find a product to help with recovery and muscle gain. So, I've tried a number of proteins and wasn't happy with the results I was having. I do cardio every other day, and lift on the off cardio days. I eat fairly clean, and I was seeing weight loss, but not results that I wanted from muscle gain. Like I said I tried a couple of proteins that I wasn't happy with, and then someone recommended wheybolic extreme 60. Within the first month of using this product, I started seeing improvements in my strength, and muscle mass. I've tried chocolate and strawberry, and both are very tasty. I have no problem with mixing, I get no bloating or gas. I only do 2 scoops after my workout and have still had great results.
    As I said I'm 46, and have never felt this good in all my years of going to the gym. The only downside is it is a little costly, but when GNC has a special, buy one get second half off, it's a pretty good deal.
    I've since recommended this to a few of my buddies, and they have had the same results.
    So, overall I love the taste, recovery, and the gains I've had since using this product. I'm still using it, and recommend it to everybody. Just wish it wasn't so costly!!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Strength Increase
    • Helps With Good Diet
    • Rapid Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • Indurance
    • Strength Gains
    October 30, 2012

EZRAB

Reviews: 7

Age: 18

October 30, 2012
     I have been through 3 bags and 2 tubs of this and this is a great product for anyone looking to increase strength really quickly. I increased strength in all major areas. the special thing about this protein is that it has the protein of a fast absorbing lean protein and the aminos of a mass gainer with out all the calories.

Serving size: 3 scoops for 60g of protein, yeah that's just about any lean protein you find out there, I wouldn't recommend taking the entire serving. unless you just completed a serious muscle demolishing workout, that's the only time I took 3 scoops.

results: I noticed a dramatic increase in strength from a maximum bench of 180 to 215 by the end of the tub.

overall: this is a great product for anyone looking for strength.I loved, i just did not love the strawberry flavor, banna was a good one and so was cookies n' cream.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Strength Increase
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Strength Gains
    • Price
    • A Little Pricy But Worth It
    • Feel Bloated
    October 15, 2012

bicketybam

Reviews: 2

Age: 44

October 15, 2012
     I am going to keep this short. First, I just got back into weight training, so I do not have anything to compare this to. I've been taking this product for 4 weeks and I don't plan on stopping. That said, I will give you my impressions.

Mixability - I use a blender and I have no issues.

Taste - I use the chocolate and I think it tastes awesome. I look forward to drinking this after my workout and will also use it as a meal supplement on the weekends.

Recovery - I just started working out after a 14 year layoff and I have been pushing myself. I should be extremely sore the next day and I am not. I have to think this product has something to do with that. It allows me to lift as heavy as I can without the fear of being crippled the next day. A little sore? Yes. But nothing like I have experienced in the past.

Side effects - made me really gassy in the beginning. And it was the really smelly type of gas. But it completely went away after a week.

Value - As others have said, it's pricey. I only take 2 scoops. 40 grams of protein is more than enough for me. Honestly, it is a good value for me because I really like the product.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Amazing Recovery
    • Tastes Great
    • Rapid Recovery
    • Helps With Good Diet
    • A Little Pricy But Worth It
    • Serving Size Too Much

Have you used AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60? Submit your own Review!