Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > Gaspari Nutrition > SuperPump Max

Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump Max

SuperPump Max Gaspari Nutrition User Rating: (83 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 81% (Reliable)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Driven Sports Craze Reviews
Craze (80 Reviews)
BSN CellMass Reviews
CellMass (104 Reviews)
Universal Animal M Stak Reviews
Animal M Stak (78 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Stack : MusclePharm-Shred Matrix & Gaspari Nutrition-SuperPump Max
Hi there, I trying to reduce my body fats, especially around my waist and the lo...

Jack vs Hellfire vs SuperPump Max
Could someone please advise the fundamental differences in these preworkouts ? I...

SuperPump Max vs SuperPump250.
so i noticed that Gaspari Nutrition has recently released the new "SuperPum...

SuperPump Max: First Impression
Ok so before i bought this product i was a little hesitant.  I have tried p...

FT Cellucor C4 straight up for SuperPump Max
Just got another tub of C4 180g. I got one from GClausen a few weeks back....soo...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

SuperPump Max is the new and updated version of Gaspari's original pre-workout, SuperPump250. They updated the endurance complex as well as tweaking the original ingredient profile as a whole.

SuperPump Max Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
SuperPump Max Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Pump (55)
  • Great Taste (51)
  • No Crash (47)
  • Clean Energy (45)
  • A Little Pricey (37)
  • Not Effective (18)
  • Not A Great Pump (17)
  • Poor Value (15)
March 20, 2014

Reviews: 28

Age: 26

March 20, 2014
A massive step down from the original IMO

Hi guys

First of all since there is nearly a hundred reviews its fairly pointless for me to highlight the ingredient list... its already up there.

With that said I feel like the ingredient list is not particularly worth bragging about anyway - it has a bunch of fancy words for a fairly generic set of components that are in my opinion belonging to an obsolete generation of pre workout formulas...
The new ingredient list provides nothing groundbreaking in comparison to the original 250...

It was a while ago since I used this...

About 5 years ago when the oldschool pre workouts were around I had two favourites.

Met-RX Amped and SuperPump 250 - I used to alternate them so I wasn't constantly running the same one.
For back then they did their job, and pump and endurance wise they were both decent with Amped having the edge in my opinion due to the Creatine Source..

When the MAX came out I got all excited, I was a little concerned about the lower volume and smaller packaging, but you kind of assume since its newer and 'stronger' that it is going to deliver a bigger punch in smaller amounts.

I have to say sheer disappointment in both flavour (which was now bland compared to the tangy original) and effect.
Like I said about the Maximise it was a big let down - it seemed to lack everything you expect out of a 'new improved' pre workout. The same happened to me with N.O. Xplode 2.0 - "newer and stronger" - big claims with little delivery.
It's like they take a product that is becoming obsolete and dress it up as something next generation when in fact it doesn't move on at all - it got worse if anything - like they started out with a plan and then got bored and didn't bother finishing it....

Weak Pump
Weak Focus
Weak Endurance
Weak Taste
Turns your lips into drag queen/Emo

Only benefit vs 250 for me was it was less acidic and didn't upset my stomach - but I'd rather have the old one tbh if it were between this and that.

I would say just look around - the game has developed and newer pre workouts are dwarfing some of these old ones (although I think the old 250 and Amped by Met-RX could still hold their own if it is pump and endurance you want...)

Sadly this one goes down in the first round

Aesthetics UK...
Pros:
Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Btw No Crash Because No Lift !
  • Not A Great Pump
  • Blue Poop

Joined: 12/2013
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +195
We also stock this by the way - but I actually usually direct customers AWAY from it to avoid disappointment. We ended up putting it up on sale to get rid of it for a fair and honest price that reflected its real value...

Reply #2:
uevenliftbra
uevenliftbra

Joined: 3/2014
Reputation: +7
lol, 'turns your lips into drag queen/emo.' still superdump to me. haha

November 30, 2013

Yoshio

Reviews: 12

Age: 21

November 30, 2013
A classic pump from a classic PWO!

Ok well Superpump Max... it is a classic! It's one of those old huge jarred PWO's and not a small concentrated PWO. In my book I would prefer that than concentrate. Was it amazing? Bad? Well let's discuss it.

Ingredients: Ok this is a couple blends in so be warned. The ingredients are plentiful which explains why it is so much powder and guaranteed not be a filler prop. But it's got your vitamins, phosphorous, magnesium, caffeine. Basically basic Pwo stuff for they're 16g a scoop jar.

Price: I got this for 25 Since I had a 5 dollar offf coupon at Vitamin Shoppe. For 40 scoops I feel I got a good value.

Mix: Ok this is what I call Talcum Powder. Soft and will smoke up by the slightest brush of air so open it slowly or else you'll get residue everywhere. Besides that it will mix good.

Taste: I got Pink Lemonade.. It's ok, sorta. It was not a chore as much as it was a small task. Bluntly I can stomach it but it's stale pink lemonade if that makes sense.

Effects: Directions say 2 scoops max. So I took 1 and a half of it. You will feel the caffeine in there and get a nice little focus in there. For a back day it was very nice. I didn't have the best workout of my life but I had a smooth progressive workout with a good pump over the days. I did go up 10lbs on dead lifting and squats which was pretty great!! It had that good feeling in there, not euphoric but I guess a good assurance of yourself.
Oh I did have to take a restroom break now and then. But caffeine does that to people. It wasn't bad I mean I'd get that out the way and my workouts felt smoother from a empty stomach. Haha.

Last thoughts: This PWO has been out awhile and I love Gaspari!! There products payoff! Did this one do it? In a matter of sense yeah I can not say this was a bad buy. For beginners I'd reccomend this. It's smooth like I said in the beginning!

So this concludes my review. I could improve on some parts of the review but I'm learning along the way. If any questions are needed please do ask! Thank you!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Lean Mass Boost
  • Clean Energy
  • No Crash
  • Boosted Endurance
  • Good Pump
  • Decent Taste
    November 9, 2013

mrrg303

Reviews: 7

Age: 35

November 9, 2013
    SuperPump Max...yes, again!

No, I haven't been living under a rock! But yes, I'm a little behind the curve with pre-workout products. That said, I use the hell out of 'em and get intimately familiar with them, because they are a such an important part of my training regimen. I train 1st thing in the morning and use PW on an empty stomach, so I get their full effects.

So, if you read my SP 250 review you know I loved that product. SP Max I like, but I don't love it.

I went through 3 tubs, each one a different flavor:
    Orange, Pink Lemonade and Sour Apple...at roughly $30-34 each for a 40 serving container, pretty reasonable I suppose?

The flavors where exactly as advertised and pretty good, considering the ingredients. What I noticed with each and didn't like so much, was that "Sucralosey," almost bug spray like after taste. Why?

Seriously, why do supp. manufacturers continue to use Sucralose in these products? Aren't there better, healthier alternatives...like Stevia, Xylitol or the old school...glucose, sucrose, fructose combo?

Isn't Sucralose made from chlorine or something? And here we all are, striving for health, fitness and maximum performance ingesting it constantly.
    I can't help but wonder if there's gonna be a price to pay for consuming all these artificial sweeteners?
    At the very least, nixing it could make these supps taste better.

Anyway, sorry...that's my rant!

The formula is very different from SP 250, but every bit as effective, if not more so, depending on your goals.
    Lots of neuro-stimulating aminos and energy substrates, minerals as well as, good old fashion creatine monohydrate and reasonable caffeine levels, make this a complete all-in-one pre-workout/event product.

I had good focus, good stamina & energy and good pumps to power thru my 1 hour a.m. lifting sessions. I made steady gains in strength and weight with SP Max. But, I have some complaints too.

Firstly, theres the similar cleansing effect issue that SP 250 induced, though, I suspect for a different reason.
    Either there's too much sucralose or the creatine monohydrate causes the within 30min. bathroom run, or both? But it's damn annoying when training at the gym or with a partner.

Secondly, while I got bigger and stronger, I also gained a lot of water weight. Yes, I know that's what creatine products do, but my issue is the type of creatine used and how it does it.
    I've always had a six pack being naturally lean and working out hard. But, after SP Max I suddenly had what I call.... a mini muffin top. Lean arms and chest ect. but now more of a 4 pack with a little, below the navel pooch and mini-love handles. Not Pretty!

So, if you want to maintain, or achieve an "American Ninja Warrior" type body, or you compete, model or just need to be ripped all year, this probably won't be the best choice of PW for you.
    If however, you need to gain weight, or want power for football, power lifting, strong-man ect. or maybe even long endurance events like triathlons, climbing, combat sports ect. this is a good choice for the duration of energy, stamina and it's hydration benefits.

All in all a solid product!

I went from 154lbs. where I started after a month off of SP 250 and finished at 168 after almost 6 months of using SP Max.
    Alot of this was water weight and a small layer of fat, I'm sure, so I had to dry out and not use any PW powders for a few weeks to get down to my new, truer weight of 165.

Hey, I think I can see my lower abs again...sort of.

Halleluja!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Lasts And Isint Jittery
    • Clean Energy
    • Extremely Focused
    • No Crash
    • Boosted Endurance
    • Good Pump
      July 2, 2013

armando05

Age: 22

July 2, 2013
      Lean mass gainer

I discover SR when looking for reviews on other gaspari nutrition supplements.i did find out a lot of answers on this site. I want other people to also find out what this product could do for you. First of all, this product helped me loose about 10 pounds in one month of using this product. I had originally bought it to gain more weight but it was the opposite. Now,I am stronger than before because im able to lift more weight, so this tells me that i lost fat weight. I have now purchased another bottle and i do believe now that i will gain muscle weight since i lost 10 pounds already by LIFTING weights for about 3-4 times a week. My arms do look smaller but my muscles are more noticeable. I plan on keep using this product along with other gaspari supplements I just ordered. This month i will be working out more often so i do plan on gaining my 10 pounds back but this time all muscle.
      i will be using BCAA 6000, Novedex xt and myofusion, hopefully im not overdoing it with this much intake.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Good Pump
      • Lean Mass Boost
      • If Taking A Few Hours Before Bed I Have Trouble Falling Asleep.
      • A Little Pricey
      • I Thought It Had Caffeine...
      May 8, 2013

marios

Reviews: 4

May 8, 2013
      does what it says

After some thought I finally decided to review this product...when it says "once you tried it you cant train without it" , they really mean it!
      This product is simply what the name suggests. It gives you a very strong shot of stimulants, probably the caffeine in it... it mixes very well, and is absorbed quickly. Taste is good, i had the wild berry, finished a large size one. there are enough servings in the tub to last you a long time, depending on the scoops you use, i found one scoop to be effective, i weigh 72kgs and im quite neutral to stimulants like coffee, so this thing really works!

I could last longer, lift heavier, recover faster. The effect stayed with me even a few hours after the gym session. Low in calories and nice flavours.

Side effects include a need to take a dump soon after you drink it, and if you are very sensitive to stimulants, this can give you a headache. The longer i used it the less the stimulation became obvious, but thats the body adapting to stimulants..

i did see gains after finishing two tubs, due to the quick recovery and the fact that you can lift more.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Good Pump
      • Makes You Poop
      March 18, 2013

shore1940

Reviews: 4

Age: 26

March 18, 2013
       Im on my secong jug of super pump max. I have the the blue rasberry fkavor both times. Its by far the bestb tasting pre work out I have tried. Mixes easy in a blender bottle too. I started with 1 scoop. After the first jug I went to 2. I really like this product. Its easy on your stomach too.
      January 16, 2013

Reprogram117

Reviews: 3

January 16, 2013
       SUPERPUMP MAX

Im happy to say i've used this product three times, and i recommend it to anyone who Is physically active at all!

Price

I usually find it for 34$ or so, i thing when it first came out it was 40. To me at 34$ its damn worth it. You get 20 to 23 servings(it says 40 but you end up using 2 scoops most of the time)

Taste

I've tried grape, fruit punch and watermelon. all a little powdery and take a few minutes to mix, but tasty.

Pump

The pumps i get from this product are really strong. it doesn't have a lot of pump inducing ingredients, but it delivers, along with hydration and bcaa's

Energy/Focus

You get really good tunnel vision and intensity (and sweat)
      from superpump max and it lasts a while, i could work out for 90 mins and still feel good.

Side EffectsNegative

Many people experience a bowel movement after taking the two or so scoops, and this may happen sometimes, but for me its always before the workout itself, like as im finishing the drink, so i cant say its negative, but it is a side effect. personally i dont mind too much.

Overall

with a good amount of creatine and stimulants, in conjunction with bcaa's this stuff is kick ass and iv'e never had a bad workout with the stuff. its definitely my favorite pwo
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Good Pump
        October 15, 2012

chompertop

Reviews: 6

October 15, 2012
         I have been meaning to start reviewing for a while now, I just haven't found the time. I wanted to start off on superpump max because I am currently using it, and pre workouts have been a part of my supplementation regiment for about 6 years now.

Energy: 9/10
        I am not particularly stim sensitive, but I don't have a high tolerance either. I have taken Jack3d, C4, D stunner, N.O Xplode, the orginal superpump,and 1 M.R. I would say superpump is on the higher end of these supplements as far as energy goes. I never take more then one scoop. I used to take 2-3 scoops of my pre workout supplements, but I've come to realize I get just as good of a workout with just one, so I stick to that. As far as energy goes this supplement had me going so hard at the gym, I was overtraining and had to take it down a notch.

Pump: ?
        I cannot rate this accurately because I have been on D-pol for both my tubs of this stuff, but the combination of the two has be pumped out of control. On arms day I find it hard to drive home from the gym i get that swole, and I'm sure superpump has something to do with that

Taste: 7/10
        If anyone has tried the original superpump then you know those flavors could NOT ever be beaten. I went through about 5 tubs of that stuff and loved it all. SPMAX still tastes really good but not in comparison to what it used to be

Buy it on amazon and for the servings you get this product is priced great. Definitely a good value on this stuff. Not quite as good of a value as craze (which I will review next) but still totally worth the purchase if you haven't tried it and want to switch it up

I love this product and will purchase another tub at some point, but its not the best I've tried and for some reason I feel like my body responded better to the original superpump. I am not an ingredient scientist, just a bro scientist, and for me I rate things of what I feel and see during my lifts. This is my first review but I hope it helps those who are looking into this product.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Decent Taste
        • Boosted Endurance
        • No Crash
        • Extremely Focused
        • Clean Energy
        • Lasts And Isint Jittery
        • Shouldn't Have Changed The Formula
        September 27, 2012

doWork257

September 27, 2012
         This, simply, is not a good product in my opinion. It did not produce any of the desired results like a boost of energy or increased pump during workout. My stomach ached for almost three hours after I drank it and it have me terrible diarrhea. I do not have a weak stomach by any standard (I love ethnic food) and I have had good experiences with other preworkout supps in the past like jack3d.
        Pros:
        Cons:
          • Gave Me The Runs
          pawelmic
          pawelmic

Joined: 8/2010
          Reputation: +10
          it's the Creatine monohydrate and leucine that gave you the runs ... Creatine monohydrate is not a good creatine to use any more there are better alternatives but there is so much of it out there and it's so cheap that it essentially makes it into every run-of-the-mill pre and post workout drink mix out there ... I always check the ingredients and if it has Creatine monohydrate in it I just PASS!

August 26, 2012

Age: 19

August 26, 2012
           This is my first review, i have used this product now for a while, i am onto my 4th tub and i love it ! :)

Flavor: Watermelon/Pink Lemonade

Price: $35 on special from bodybuilding.com, but since i live in Australia the shipping is what costs me a little extra.

Value: 40 servings, works out to 0.75c on a 640g tub. The value is good when you take one scoop, but once your body gets use to the product you sometimes need to up the dosage to 2 or more scoops.

Taste: The taste for me is a 10/10, great flavors and it mixers really easy with 8oz of water.

Effectiveness: SuperPump MAX takes about 20-30min to kick in, you notice a clean burst of energy once you start training. One thing i love about this product is that there is no crash like other stimulated filled pre-workouts. The pump you receive is great, sometimes it feels like your arms are going to explode!

This product is like no other, i find it to be the best pre that ive tried ( tried mesomorph, jack3d, novem, napalm, craze, 1mr, swollen and a few others, some might say im a pre-workout junkie...) all these other products give you a crash and a sh*t feeling once you stop training. And are overall a waste a money.

SuperPump MAX also benefits muscle growth unlike other pre-workouts. And no side effects.

I highly recommend this product to other lifters, you cant go wrong while your using it as well as stacking it with other gaspari products such as SIZE ON.

p.s would love to be a tester for supplements :)

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Muscle Growth
          • Good Pump
          • Poor Value
          sickunt101
          sickunt101

Joined: 8/2012
          Reviews: 0
          Reputation: 0
          i have been wanting to try this product for a long time, great review especially for a first time

Reply #2:

Joined: 8/2012
          Reputation: +4
          thanks for the acknowledgement, we will always try our best to provide excellent and informative reviews.

Have you used SuperPump Max? Submit your own Review!