Spirodex

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Spirodex is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

Does Spirodex work?
Click to Expand

Alright, I need to give full disclosure before I write this review because there were a number of reasons why I chose to go with this particular product over others.
First off, I was coming off of a cleanse and had just quit smoking, so, I wanted something that could control cravings and wasn't too stimmed out. The reasons being: a.) I would be overly sensitive to stims because I pretty much eliminated all stims from my diet during my cleanse, only 2 cups of green tea a day, which is tremendous for me but terribly difficult, b.) heavy doses of stims tend to make me a little on edge, which would make quitting smoking more difficult than it had to be and, finally, c.) Gaspari advertises the overall feeling of well being, which considering I was quitting smoking would only help matters.

The gradual build-up of stims was good, you start off taking one pill and when you feel like it isn't doing the job you take two. I probably went to two pills almost 2-3 weeks into my bottle. To be completely honest, I never felt Cracked out from the stims, just focused and energetic.

One of my favorite effects of Spirodex was the overall feeling of wellness. I mean, I really felt good, kind of hard to explain fully other than, well, not just good, but great, so this is no bull-poo advertising on Gaspari's part, at least in my experience.

As far as my appetite went, it has never been so easy to eat clean in my life. It did not kill my appetite, but gave me control like nothing else. I was on a clean bulk and did not have any problems eating the food that I needed to eat, my appetite was there, but I did not crave any kind of junk at all (I can be an ice cream junkie), it was ridiculously easy to say the least.

Results, well, I wasn't on a cut at all, but a clean bulk, so it is hard to get a real gauge on this and I also stacked it with quite a few weight management products (that is why I gave it an 8 for effectiveness as oppossed to a 9). However, in the two months of the clean bulk, a month and a half of which I was using Spirodex, I gained almost 10 pounds and none of it was in my waistline. In fact, my abs and obliques are just beginning to come up nicely, which is phenomonal, makes everything worth it!

Value, I got it on discountsupplements.com for about $28, so I think it was a pretty good value.

To be 100% with you guys, I do not think that the results were due strictly to Spirodex. I had just come off of a cleanse, so, my metabolism was going full steam ahead. I had also been using green tea, CLA, Fish Oil and acetyl l-carnitine as well. Jack3d for my preworkout and my own concoction for postworkout also helped I am sure. Most importantly though, I honestly killed myself in the gym, every workout was like my last, which no supplement can replace or do for you. So, I am definitely not trying to sell this as the be all and end all (we all know there is enough of that on this site sometimes), but I definitely liked Spirodex a lot and will definitely try it again in the future and think it is worth a shot for anyone of you looking to reign in their diet, especially if you are sensitive to stims.

• thinisin
    February 28, 2011

Great Review Bro!! Keep em comin'.
  • chichistrong
    February 28, 2011

Dude, this is an excellent review. One of the best I've read so far in this site. Another product that kinda works similar to this is bodyquick, but that is mostly to enhance you overall mind and body performance. I think is funny that I am the only here that has tried and reviewed it lolol.

Good job bro
    February 28, 2011

Top-notch review,I got a bottle of this and patiently waiting to try it!
  • Manimal
    February 28, 2011

Very well written review for sure man. Keep up the good work.
  • TigerJT

Good review! Nice pic

First off I got a free bottle from my manager and needed something to help out my diet. I absolutely love Gaspari, so I knew I was in for a quality product. I researched this to maybe get an idea of what this product does and helps out with, but after one or two on here, I still did not fully understand until I actually began.

To fully appreciate this product, you have to understand a few things and keep them in mind.

1. It is NOT a thermo, so don't expect thermo results. Even though it says it on the bottle, there's a reason this is paired up with Phenorex as a cut cycle.
2. This does not burn fat, but does help out significantly with diet.
3. It actually does elevate mood. The first dosage within an hour I noticed just a content feeling. Almost as if everything was alright, and just really really relaxed. This was the most intense of that feeling and as I continued doses, it did not kick in as hard, but I could still notice. I guess it was just my reaction to taking a "mood elevator" for the first time.

Now, to best describe this product, I would call it a "Dieter's best friend". What I mean is that while on this product I did notice cravings subsided. I have a crazy sweet tooth, which ruins alot of my diets, so something that kinda kept me away was a warm welcome. On this I found it easier to pass up snacking and stick to my meal plan. As a result I did Lean Out. I could notice weight loss because I was probably eating so well lol.

After effect: As ive read up, lots of mood elevators come with the "crash". You cant keep the mood up forever. However with Spirodex, I actively monitored myself, and did not notice any "down". Thats why I love Gaspari. They know what theyre doing most of the time. So with this product I really couldnt find that "crash".

Paired up with Phenorex I could definitely see how this would be a great cut cycle. Will I purchase more in the future? Probably. Would I recommend it to those struggling with staying on track with a diet? Absolutely.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Good Focus
  • No Crash
  • Feeling Of Overall Wellness
  • Increased Willpower

• IRISH89

Good Review
  • chichistrong
    April 28, 2011

Good review bro, I am always up for something that makes ME feel good. Good mood enhances absolutely everything.
  • TigerJT
    April 28, 2011

May have to get this for the wife. Nice review

From the start of taking Spirodex, I felt the power flow through my body. Even on those days where you don't want to go to work and the mindset is low when you get there, it gives you a Drive to push harder.

First day using it I had the energy to go through work then working out after coming home from work. Of course keeping true to my diet and work out I was able to lose 9 pounds of fat in a mouth. May not be much to some but to me being a heavy person who just started to turn life around from being heavy to being in shape it was a major help in my work out routine.

Close to finishing the bottle I did not get the same type of energy I use to get when i first started the bottle but from the fat burners I took until now I just chalk it up to my body getting use to the pills. During that time I wasn't as hungry as I use to be. Course, there were times I wanted a White Castle burger everytime I passed the place but that's my mind going back to old habits. My mind set was still set on my objective and the pills helped to do so. And, my favorite plus side to it all is there was no crash!

Lastly, I did get this bottle from my brother for a X-Mas gift and did not buy it. But, I am a big believer in buying something that is on sale rather than at full price. I had to type that instead give it a Con because it wouldn't be right in my eyes.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression

• bignastyrico
    May 31, 2011

Good review. and great avatar pic lol
  • Alnino

• meangreene69
    May 31, 2011

Added this to my stack yesterday, and I can definitely say this review is dead on...great review bro!
  • Alnino

Thanks Meangreene

Gaspari Nutrition is starting to become my favorite supplement making very fast. SuperPump Max, and now Spirodex, 2 awesome products.

Mood Enhancing products seem extremely sketchy to me but as a college student looking for a little boost w/o getting prescription medications I had to give this a shot. I also wanted to drop some body fat % while I was at it. I wake up everyday and just pop 1 of these and I'm feeling awake and not jittery. Its in my opinion comparable to 5 hour energy. No jitters and no crash just focus and awareness.

Taste: Its a pill people man up for god sakes. Its in your mouth for 2 seconds if you can't handle that then I feel very bad for you.

Value: I payed roughly 45 dollars at GNC which is fairly pricey but I guess thats not to bad for the amount of pills you get.

Weight Loss: College food sucks and people usually get a freshman 15. Well I lost around 5-8 solid pounds off this stuff which was crazy because I was just getting this for the mood enhancement but WOW was I happy about that aswell. Its an appetite Suppressor and I really believe this works. I was getting full a little bit faster than usual and I wasn't having those cravings for snack foods that I shouldn't eat.

Great product its a must buy if you're looking for a great way to start your day or just to shred some extra weight.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Good Focus

I don't like energy supplements that hit you hard, and this isn't one of them. Spirodex truly is an amazing product that gives you clean, long lasting energy. I took this to stay up to do work, to play football, to run, to work out, to play paintball... Spirodex is truly amazing.

I was skeptical over the hunger suppressant at first because I...

I was skeptical over the hunger suppressant at first because I try to get in about 6 meals a day, but unlike other suppressers I've tried, you don't get sick when you try to eat. No, you won't be hungry on Spirodex, but you can still eat your meals comfortably! You won't have hunger pains while on this product! Great for dieting!

Possibly the best part of Spirodex is the mood enhancer. Man, I used to get miserable when dieting, but not since I've tried Spirodex. I feel stress free and Motivated every time I take this product. I don't take it as an everyday stim, maybe every other day, but it is amazing!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression

• jakem677
    February 10, 2011

Did you take your dose after your first meal?
  • booknerd
    February 10, 2011

I've taken it both ways before. Honestly it doesn't matter if u take it on a full or empty stomach.

lightweight

0.0

I have read the other reviews on here for this product and if it really did work for them, it is good for them. I got a two-week supply for free and it is really not worth wasting your money on it or even trying it for free or at least it didn't work for me. I tried the one tab per day for a couple of days, then I tried the two tabs per day.....bottomline, it didn't work at all for me. 'Exceptional potency......' my ass. I have looked up the ingredients on the net and they're not in sufficient amounts to have any effect on you. Hell, even the amount of caffeine - 175 mg per serving isn't enough to have any effect on you. No energy nothing. Some of the reviews on the net said it suppressed appetite, but I cannot comment on that aspect because hungry or not I try to have at least 5-6 meals per day. The label says 'mood enhancing stimulant compound' and I was hoping to get some buzz out of it at least by abusing it lol. Fails on that count too. My Adderall XR works a lot better ;-). All in all, it is not worth your money, effort, or time. Do not blame me later that I've not warned you beforehand. If you still want to try it, I recommend researching the ingredients and the amounts in the product. I do not understand why they waste all the money, time, and put the reputation of the company on line and put these kind of products in the market. Thanks for going through my review and saving your money ;-).

December 26, 2010

What other fat burners have you taken?
    December 26, 2010

I have used OEP, Recreate, and Yohimbine HCl so far and all of them pretty good and in the order I've mentioned them.
    December 26, 2010

....and Animal Cuts too. Sorry forgot to mention Animal Cuts earlier.
    December 26, 2010

You didnt get anything at all with this?Even taking two in one dose?I know with oep one wasn't enough at once.
    December 26, 2010

Nothing at all. I have nothing against Gaspari. In fact I am on Myofusion now, but this one sucks bigtime and it is expensive.
    December 27, 2010

Thanks for the imput bro,nice review
    December 27, 2010

You are welcome and thank you.
  • IamAlex
    December 27, 2010

Good review.. I hate having to find out firsthand that a product is crap.

I needed a supplement to mitigate the lethargy I was feeling while cycling off Oxy-Elite Pro. In addition, I needed a product with the effectiveness of ephedrine that could be taken every day. Although I have used ephedrine in various forms for the last 25 years, I never considered it a long term supplement.

I had considered Recreate. However, although it has received good reviews, it has a minimal amount of stimulants. Having a tolerance to stimulants, to me, low stimulants often means no results. One of Gaspari Nutrition's ads recommended alternating Spirodex with Phenorex, a Gaspari fat burning supplement every thirty days. Since I had finished a bottle of Oxy-Elite Pro, I decided to give Spirodex a try.

My regime the first two weeks was two tablets on the days I worked and one tablet two days I did not work. And one day I did not take it. I work four ten hour days. The second two weeks I reduced the dosage to 1 ½ tablets on days I worked, ½ tablet on days I didn't work and one day I did not take it.

The plan was also to incorporate cardiovascular exercise (cycling) 1 day a week, yoga 3 days a week and resistance exercise 1 day a week with two days of rest.

While Spirodex's professed mood enhancing properties are evident, it also Motivates you and increases your determination. Tedious tasks at work and at home were more endurable. It also has excellent appetite suppression qualities. One of my weaknesses was sugar cravings in the evening. Spirodex eliminated those cravings.

One disadvantage is you will feel lethargic when you discontinue using it. In addition, the Spirodex label has this warning: "This product may contain ingredients banned by certain sports or professional organizations. If you are subject to testing for performance enhancing compounds or any type of drug testing do not use this product under any circumstances."

My experience with Spirodex was mixed. While it did Motivate me and suppress my appetite, it did not help me lose much weight. I did lose about three pounds going from about 171 lbs to 168. While 3 pounds may not seem like much, I have not weighed under170 pounds for at least ten years. Admittedly, my current diet won't be featured in any nutritional articles any time soon. In addition, my exercise regime was inconsistent. Finally, I purchased it to mitigate the lethargy I was feeling cycling off Oxy-Elite Pro, not as a themogenic. While there are probably more cost-effective ways to cycle off OEP, it reduced the lethargy I was feeling cycling off OEP. It is also a worthy ephedrine substitute.

If I were to use Spirodex again, I would consider using it as an energizer supplement or appetite suppressant. (It's listed under the energy supplement category). Also, if I were to use Spirodex again to cycle off OEP, I would reduce the dosage. Depending on my weight loss on this next cycle of OEP, I may try Recreate and if it doesn't give me the energy I need I'll stack it with a reduced dose of Spirodex.

How did Spirodex affect my second cycle of OEP? It didn't. I discontinued use of Spirodex for two days and then resumed a cycle of OEP. The OEP so far is still effective. Will there be long term consequences for using Spirodex to cycle off OEP? Possibly. Are there side effects from using stimulants too often? Definitely. However, there are also consequences from being overweight such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

Any time you take a supplement there will be benefits and side effects. I would rather do my weight management without stimulants or supplements but so far it has been a failure. In 2004-2005 I tried to lose the weight. The best I could do was 170 lbs. In 2007-2008 I tried again – the best I did was 171 lbs. In 2009 -2010, I tried again, the best I could do was 175. All three of these times I was working out 4 to 5 days a week. In 2010 my weight increased to 181 lbs. Used correctly, supplements are a great way to manage your weight. However, you still have to exercise and maintain a reasonable diet.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Buy On Sale Or Online

• Ryzo
    May 2, 2011

This review deserves praise. Very in depth and well written. Props :D

Works exactly the way Gaspari says it does. I took it once per day and it pretty much crushed my appetite all day long. Gave me a lot of energy too, felt really, REALLY good on Spirodex. I think its a great value product because even though I started to increase to 1.5 tablets after 20 days and ten to 2 tablets after 30 days...you get more than a full month out of a bottle which is rare these days with fat burners. It's convenent and the little yellow pills from Gaspari are a "must have" for me now.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Value

December 7, 2010

I've been waiting for more reviews on this,how much weight did you lose,what was your diet and workout like,would you compare this to any other fat burners that you have used?
  • RapidRate
    December 7, 2010

I lost a little over 11 pounds in 35 days without any conscious change in my diet. I did not do anything new other than add in the Spirodex. It caused me to eat a lot less because I was not hungry at all during the day. I had to really force the food down. Overall, this is the best fat burner since for me since the old NYC and ECA type stacks. First, it is convenient. Once per day and really, it is only once per day. Second, crushes appetite like nothing else out there now. Third, it does not get you cracked out and all jittery, the energy is smooth and it lasts. More like a low level euphoria. Again, I can't believe a bottle lasts more than a month with this stuff. I got it at the "GandC" on Gold Card day but its for sale on the net for even less than that. Amazing deal! A bottle will easily last most people 6 weeks so its way under a dollar per day. I did not really change my workout either although cardio was a breeze on this stuff and sometimes I did an extra 10-15 minutes on the elliptical if the music was really good on the gym radio! LOL!
    December 7, 2010

Thank you sir for a solid review.btw have you tried oxy elite pro,I was just wondering if you cuold compare?

Ransack

Holy hell is this stuff good! Perfect amount of appetite suppression and energy. I have ripped it up big time of the last 2 weeks alone. I'm hooked!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Cheap

I tried a bottle of this after writing Gaspari and telling them how much Mitotropin sucked. They sent it tome and I was surprised. It gave me good focus and energy all day long and worked well as an appetite suppressent. Along with a clean diet it was surprisingly effective
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Good Focus
Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.