SizeOn Maximum Performance Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #9 of 12 (better than 27%) in
Creatine > Monohydrate

SizeOn Maximum Performance is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

September 10, 2013

At first glimpse, SizeOn looks to be a very promising supplement: Creatine, BCAAs, Carbs, Protein. Throughout my run with it however, I didn't find myself particularly impressed or "wowed" by SizeOn.

Profile: 8/10
60.8g Proprietary Blend

Outlast Insutropin Matrix-
Palatinose, D-glucose, Trehalose, Pterostilbene
Protein Synthesis Acceleration Matrix-
Whey Protein Hydrolysate, L-Leucine(5g), L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate
PhosphoDrive Endurance Complex-
Creapure, Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Disodium Creatine Phosphate
OsmoDrive Advanced Hydration Complex-
L-Taurine, Sodium Glycerophosphate, Calcium Glycerophosphate, Potassium Glycerophosphate, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, Magnesium Glycyl Glutamine

180 Calories- Og Fat/ 39g Carbs/ 7g Protein

Unfortunately, SizeOn is in a proprietary blend, so it is difficult to judge the profile. Not too sure how much creatine the blend has in it, but through "critical thinking" I determined that:

The Outlast Insutropin [Carb] Matrix is about 39g.
The Protein Syntesis Matrix is about 17g (assuming a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio)

This leaves close to 5 grams on the table for their Creatine and Hydration Complex. I think it's safe to say there is around 3-4g of Creatine total.
I really enjoy this Profile. Most of the ingredients they use are pure and well sourced (Creapure, MagnaPower, Palatinose, Sustamine).

I purchased this to use as a creatine and not so much as an intra, but welcomed the fusion. I will break it up into both categories(Intra/Creatine) though.
SizeOn as an Intra-
I personally didn't care for SizeOn during my workout. I didn't notice much between set recovery
or reduced fatigue during my sets. I did however feel I could workout for hours on end. I allot this to the carbohydrate blend, and possibly the protein addition as well. Lately 360Sport and Finaflex BCAA/SAA have been better intra workout supplements than SizeOn.
SizeOn as a Creatine-
I really enjoy the creatine blend in SizeOn. I wish it was dosed a bit higher, but I responded well to it either way. I started to notice the benefits of the creatine about 1.5-2 weeks into the bottle. My biggest problem with SizeOn as a creatine source was that it was designed to be used during your workouts so it has a bunch of simple carbs that you wouldn't want to consume on rest days. I actually ended up picking up a bottle of Cellucor's creatine to use on the days that I didn't workout just to make sure I was staying saturated. I know other reviews have mentioned some bloating after consuming SizeOn; I myself never experienced any.
Aside from the Creatine and Intra aspects of SizeOn, I found that it made it much easier to hit my caloric/macro goals (currently running a bulk). I also tried using it post workout twice, but found that the 20oz of liquid was a bit more than I wanted to consume after a grueling workout.

Taste/Mixability: 6/10
I had the Arctic Lemon Ice flavor. Tasted almost like orange juice from concentrate, but a little bit more lemon-esque. I can't really say the taste was bad, it was just too intense, especially for an intra.
SizeOn also had some settling issues. It mixed completely fine, but if it sat around for a minute or two, there would be a bunch of sediment at the bottom of my shaker. Easily solved by a quick swirl or shake, just had to do it everytime I took a drink.

I picked my bottle up on clearance at my local GNC for around $15. From what I've seen online, it will run you about $30-$35. It really isn't that great of a deal for 24 servings (lasts about a month), but you would be purchasing an intra and a creatine in one, so it could save you some money there, especially if you like to add a carb powder to your BCAAs. Then it would be like 3 different supps in one.

The only time I would recommend this is as a creatine supplement. I didn't notice enough intra workout benefits to suggest this as a replacement for BCAAs or Gatorade during a workout. I think it would be most beneficial during a bulk due to the added carbs, which will help reach your macros.
  • Mixability
  • Hard To Stay Saturated On Rest Days

October 10, 2012

Gaspari Size on. I'm still not 100 percent sure how I feel about this product. I bought it extremely cheap from lockout back in September and have used 5 of the 5 serving tubs. Which equates to a little over a full container. Needless to say I was not overly impressed with Size on. On to the review.

Ingredients- 8/10- I've always wanted to purchase size on for this specific reason. The ingredient profile takes it beyond a normal creatine product. But I still feel like it offered lack luster results compared to what I was expecting. I'll post the ingredient profile here and outline what I feel is pretty unique.

Calories from Fat 0
Protein 7g 13
SizeOn Proprietary Blend 61.5g
-OutLast Insutropin Matrix - Palatinose, D-glucose, Trehalose, Pterostibene
-Protein Synthesis Acceleration Matrix
--Whey Protein Hydrolystae, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate
-PhosphoDrive Endurance Complex
--CreaPure, Creatine MagnaPower, Disodium Creatine Phosphate
-OsmoDrive Advanced Hydraton Complex
--L-Taurine, Sodium Glycerophosphate, Calcium Glycerophosphate, Otassium Glycerophosphate, Sustamine
--Magnesium Glycyl Glutamine

I love the addition of carbs. I think it really makes for a great intra workout drink. It is able to sustain constant energy throughout your workout, while also fueling your muscles with glycogen you could be loosing due to training. So that is definitely a plus. They also use 3 types of creatine. I personally am a big fan of blended creatines as I have seen much more success from them as opposed to just straight mono or any other type of single sourced creatine. So again another plus. The last thing that I really liked the idea of was having the protein. Having whey protein hydrosolate would allow you to have a constant flow of an abundance of all aminos as opposed to just a few. So your feeding your muscles with a rapid digesting protein that is going to work fast. So those are a few things I really thought stood out for me on size on. So on paper I think the ingredients get a 8.

Effectiveness- 7- While I feel like the ingredients looked good on paper, that was honestly all it did for me. I've got to be honest bros I was just not overly impressed with this product. I didn't have an increase in recovery no real major increases in strength. Nothing to really write home about. Too be fair, the containers I picked up from lockout were expired. That may have something to do with the effectiveness of this product. But I really don't know. I do feel like my endurance was slightly better but again nothing really popped out to me with this. I even took a week off to see if I would notice any changes. Nothing. Muscles looked the same still felt the same in the gym. I just didn't get much from this product.

Taste/Smell-7- This smells like dog poo. It does kind of grow on you. But it smelled nothing like grape lol. The taste at first was really rough. I thought it would be extremely sweet but to my surprise it tasted kind of bland. You do get used to the taste and smell after a while.

Sides- I won't rate this, but it is something I want to put in their. This stuff really bloated me up big time. I'm not sure if it was from the protein or the carbs but whatever it was I didn't particularly care for it. I would make sure I wasn't eating right before a workout to see if I could eliminate that feeling but it still stuck with me every workout. I also had horrendous gas on this. I have no idea why. I think it may be because it was expired. But my goodness it was terrible. I was farting and 30 minutes would go by and it would linger in all the rooms I would walk into. It smelled as if it was fresh too almost 30 minutes later. Lol. Everyone in my house hated me.

Value-7- I give it a 7 because I didn't pay full price for this. For 25 servings I only ended up paying like 20 bucks plus shipping. So I give it a 7 for the value at which I paid for. The ingredients lead you to believe it would be quite effective and given the normal value of 33/34 dollars you would hope it would deliver, but I would never pay full price for this product. I just don't think its honestly worth it. You get around a months supply with the normal sized tub which is 24 servings it averages to be a 1.41 a day. Way to much IMO. I just cant justify that.

Overall- 7- I know some of you rave about this, but I truly feel their are much better options out their for a lot cheaper that will also last you a lot longer. I think if you can find it for a decent price its worth a shot to try it, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price for this. I just feel its a tad bit overated. Again, I think their are much more affordable creatines with a lot better effectiveness. Have a good one bros.
  • Minimal Size Gains
  • Terrible Smell
  September 3, 2012

I'm sure we all remember when "power" let us all know of a clearance on SizeOn. Thank God for allstarhealth! Anyway I picked up 8 of those small tubs(almost 2 tubs worth) and finally finished them all. I have some extra time on my hands and decided to write up a review.

SizeOn is Gaspari's intra workout creatine. It is intended to aid in recovery and keep creatine saturation. It is also supposed to help in strength gains.

I do like the profile to a certain degree. I won't go over every ingredient, but the ones that stand out to me are the sugars, the creatine, and BCAAs. I feel that the creatine is pointless because I personally don't prefer to take my creatine intra. The BCAAs are a nice addition, and so is the sugar. I will explain later why I like the sugar content. Pretty simple product in my opinion.

Taste and Mixability: 7.5/10
I'll be honest, I did not care for the flavor. The grape just seemed to linger in my stomach. Doing rear delt flyes sucked because it felt as if I was going to puke, this was due to all the sugar. It mixed decently. Would take a good 10 seconds to shake and there was always foam, but the foam clears within 2 minutes so it's not too bad.

This honestly wasn't the best intra I have used. I found my recovery to be faster in between sets, which I accredit to the BCAA content. I felt the creatine to be useless intra, but then again I guess it does help keep saturation so it can't be that bad. I also like the sugar content for one reason. I am currently on a bulk, and I found the easiest way for me to bulk is to add more fast digesting carbs around my workouts. While the sugar content is nice, I could honestly just drink Gatorade, add some bcaas, and add some creatine to it and have a similar product. That is what I found this product to be, an expensive Gatorade. While it did help me put on some weight(up 23 lbs. since march), I could have easily gotten those carbs through other drinks.

Some of you guys might say I left out the protein. Honestly, 7 grams of protein is next to nothing. I prefer to get most of my protein through whole foods, and I can get 7 grams of protein by taking a big bite out of a chicken breast. I don't care if it is hydrolyzed, protein is protein to me.

While I did get it very cheap, I will base this off of online prices(No one here would ever buy this for $80 at GNC right?). You can get this pretty cheap on allstarhealth. The question is do you really need it? Like I said before, I could easily just get Gatorade and some creatine/bcaa product, and mix them together; it would be a lot cheaper, and I would get the same results.

This product isn't horrible, I just feel it is unnecessary. If you love using supplements, and are on a bulk like I am, this can help you add some carbs in your diet. It can also help with creatine saturation. The BCAAs are a nice addition, but I recommend XTend or MBCAA for that. I might buy this again, but only if they are on clearance.
  July 8, 2012

When I was at my local GNC they were selling this for 20$ so i figured i'd give it a shot. Yes i finished this a while ago but i would like to give my 2 cents on this.

After looking at the ingredients profile I was fairly pleased with the amount of amino acids within the product, but the one thing that drove me crazy was that it did not give me an exact creatine quantity, but that did not deter me from trying it. While using this I was not on any pre workout so i could try and see what the product would do on its own. I saw a small amout of gains but nothing earth shattering. The one thing that this product really did help with was recovery time. Usually i take full recovery between my sets which is anywhere from 1 minute to 2.5 minues, but i was recovered within a minute and ready to go.

Taste: 5/10
I know lifting supplements arent about the taste at all, because if it tastes good chances are it wont work haha. I happened to grab the Artic Lemon Ice flavor, and let me tell you it tastes awful. The majority of the time i was able to gut it, but there were those occasional times when i just couldnt becasue of how bad it was.

Would i reccomend this to a friend? Probably, but use a pre workout with it to maximize results. If taste is not an issue for you than yeah go for it! It will definately help you recover a lot faster.
  • Tastes Awful
  June 2, 2012

this product is PERFECT for a winter bulk. i used an entire tub of it while i was doing more heavy lifting, with drop sets to volume. i was not doing any cardio, and my diet is spot on with bulking. i put on probably 5 lbs in a month, but my strength and fullness were the most noticeable. i was able to continue through my workouts without feeled depleted and i can remember a few specific times i was hitting it so hard with such heavy weight i turned and saw the whole gym staring! The reason i say this product is perfect for a winter bulk is that you can bloat and if youre built like me you need to stay as lean as possible.

Value (6): the one bad thing about this product is that its expensive. at gnc we sell it for $80, its on sale sometimes but is still painful to buy. i dont have a problem staying full and gaining weight so i only use this product to get outa plateaus or put on some december muscle haha.

Taste (7): i have used the lemon ice and it wasnt bad. i wasnt excited to drink it but it went down no problem and next time i would like to try grape.

Effectiveness (9): like i said before, this product is great for adding strength and a foundation for muscle. obviously diet and training are going to lead to the most muscle, however if both of those are in place you can see awesome gains. i noticed the most benefit on leg and back day. the larger muscle groups needed the steady flow of carbs and my glycogen stayed full. pumps were fantastic.

Great product for anyone, a MUST for hardgainers!
  • Dense And Full
  April 18, 2012

Hey guys, once again thought I'd hop on here and talk about some SizeOn. This is of course a Gaspari product, and i was taking this after taking the original about a year or so ago.

The drink is meant for intra-workout,which means while you are workingout I had gotten the Arctic Lemon Ice flavor from for around $47. I mixed up one scoop with a full blender bottle of water and drank throughout my entire workout, it mixed up very well.

Workout: I was on a heavy weight low rep workout for college football and was hoping this would help to bust a couple plateaus and just get bigger and stronger and it did that.

The taste was pretty good, kinda like a cheap lemon lime gatorade but left a funky taste in my mouth hours after finishing it that i couldnt mask with gum or food. I'll be honest too, it gave me a couple good farts about an hour after too haha. like clear out the room.

The effectiveness of this was very good. I was constantly setting new PR's, I had seen a size gain in my muscle size and along with strength, it was really helpful. my muscles fatigued slower during my lifts, i could grind out the last few sets without struggle. The only downside to this was that I added a decent amount of waterweight too and was bloated pretty good by the time i polished the bottle off.

All in all this is a very good product, not as good as the original but it does on the most part what it claims. I added about a good 3lbs in muscle and prolly one or two more in waterweight which went away about 2 weeks after not taking it. I would highly suggest anyone to try this!
  • Tastes Amazing When Cold
  • Excess Water Weight
  March 27, 2012

Hello, this is my second review. I recently finished the 3.49 lb tub of Gaspari Nutrition 'Size-On' Maximum Performance.
-I purchased it for around $45 from a mom and pop nutrition shop. For $45 you get 24 servings if you use 1 scoop mixed with water while working out.
-'Size-On' is supposed to be an Intra-workout fuel which means you sip on it through-out your workout.
-I tried the Grape Cooler flavor which was OK.
-I took half a scoop before working out mixed with Cellucor C4 and sipped on a full scoop throughout my workout.

Size-On is supposed to be an intra-workout, BCAA, creatine, carbohydrate supplement powder that is supposed to promote "maximal muscle volume and accelerate protein synthesis."

Love Rich Gaspari and Gaspari Nutrition but there is just too much 'Fluff' marketing on the label for a product that really is just 'Gatorade on Steroids.' I always mixed my 'Size-On' with a pre-workout because the Agmatine Sulphate and Arginine found in pre-workouts opens up my blood vessels and allows for better delivery of the carbohydrates, creatine, BCAAs, and nutrients to my blood and muscles.
If you are a bodybuilder I figure you would be taking 'Size-On' because you think it is going to add size to your frame. I'll tell you now the creatine is not strong in this product but IT IS A GOOD CREATINE. The creatine DOES NOT GET YOU BLOATED and gives you great endurance and pumps when mixed with a pre-workout.

Here is my conclusion:
I really enjoy using 'Size-On' Maximum Performance when I am doing circuit training and power bodybuilding when I mix together heavy lifting, olympic lifts, and high rep volumizing training all in one. I train a few high school decathletes and I really recommend this product to them because they are doing explosive plyometrics, lifting, and endurance running all in one workout. 'Size-On' does not list the amount of creatine in has in its formula so we do not know what all we are ingesting. There could only be a tiny bit which is why there is no bloat or extreme strength gains. However, there is enough creatine to help with recover, endurance during workouts, and increased pump. It is a LITTLE PRICEY but worth it if you are looking to have a big month of intense working out in which you are mixing together bodybuilding, powerlifting, plyos, cardio, etc...

Fair and Honest,
  • Great To Mix With Pre-workout
  • Minimal Size Gains
  • Too Much Fluff Marketing On The Label
  August 7, 2011

Alright, I dont know where to start with this one. For me, there was no negatives, it is my favorite supp since the day i first tried it.

I first tried SizeOn around 6 months ago after a mate told me to try it, and i thank him for it everyday haha.

Effectiveness - I went through the first tub in a month and it was the best month of gym iv had to date. I stacked it with superpump 250. I usually start to fatigue after 3 or 4 sets, with SizeOn every set felt like it was my first. I had the best pumps imaginable and didnt fatigue one bit. after a month i gained 3kg and looked bulked up, i didnt think id bulk that quickly, it was just crazy. I improved in everything, i never had to drop weight cos of fatigue, i was steadly moving up in weight for the whole month.

Taste - The taste is the best it can be. i tried all the flavours, Wild Berry punch, Orange cooler, grape cooler and artic lemon ice and they were all good. the taste is sweet and tastes like cordial, i could drink it for fun haha.

There were no side effects, make sure you cycle it though because i learned the hard way. i used 2 tubs without a break and at the end of the second one i started to get kidney pains, so make sure you cycle it.

Overall - 10 out of 10 Best Supp on the market.

• Flavor Is Awesome
  • Grape Flavor Taste Like Grape Flavored Toostie Roll Lollipops
  • Fruit Punch Is Great Tasting
  • Tastes Amazing When Cold
  • The Best Endurance
      July 18, 2011

After trying the Original SizeOn a couple years back, i finally decided to try SizeOn Max, and i have to say i am impressed.

Price/value: When i first looked at this, the first thing i saw was the hefty price tag. I bought this at GNC when it was on sale and it was still 40 dollars, for 24 servings which is pretty darn close to 2 dollars a serving. Thats a bit over my price range for a product like this, but i thought i would try it. I worked out 5 days a week and the bottle lasted me around a month which isnt that bad when you look at it, but per serving, its a bit expensive.

Taste/smell: When i got home i wanted to try it, and when i opened the bottle, i was overwhelmed with the smell of mac and cheese. Seriously, Grape SizeOn smells like mac and cheese. And i thought to myself that it was going to taste like crap. But when i mixed it up (after letting it sit for a while to disolve but ill get to that later), and started to sip it during my workout, it tasted great. Almost like a low sugar kool aid taste but sweeter. its hard to explain, but it was good.

Mixability: A lot of people complain about the mixability of SizeOn but all you have to do is wait 4 or 5 min and let it settle after shaking and any clumps will disappear. There was some major settling at the bottom of my shaker cup, but again give it a few shakes and a little time and that will go away too.

Effectiveness: This is where it gets good. I saw some good size gains with just one bottle of this. Within the first week of this, i would notice little differences in my muscles. Like i would notice my calves start to get bigger, and i made some improvements on my arms and shoulders even after all the water gains went away, along with other bodyparts. As far as strength gains go, they were pretty good. Its not like my 1RMs went up 20 lbs or anything in one bottle, but i could do a weight that i could normally fo for 5 times, and i could do it 7 or 8 times, which is pretty impressive. I also noticed my endurance went up, and i recovered better after workouts. Not to mention the crazy glycogen pumps that i got from SizeOn. Just using this by itsself gave me skin splitting pumps and it was fantastic. But when i stacked it with SuperPump250 and Nitrox 2, i felt like my muscles would explode out of my skin. I would get pumps in my traps from doing squats, it was awesome haha.

Ingredient Profile: It was pretty good. It has around 40 grams of carbs (long and short chain carbohydrates), it contains minerals and electrolytes for hydration, a creatine blend, and added free form amino acids as well as whey hydrolysate (its kind of like pre digested protein for those of you who didnt know) to prevent muscle breakdown and promote anabolism. Overall a pretty impressive list of ingredients, and a step up from the Original. Although i do question the creatine, it has Creapure (monohydrate) which is good, but when the product is supposed to be taked intra-workout which can last up to 2 hours, i just have to think about the stability of it, because normally creatine monohydrate's stability time is a couple minutes, and i wonder if they bonded the creatine to something to make it more stable.

Side Effects: While SizeOn does have a lot of pros, it has a few cons too. I got very bloated during and after workouts that i drank SizeOn with. I did retain some water, and i had blue poo for the rest of the day because the dyes were pretty harsh. it even stained my shaker cup and now it has a tint of purple to it. Overall, not bad considering the benefits.

Overall, a great supplement that i had good success with. In my opinion it owns the intra workout category ingredient wise but its price drags it down a bit. im going to wait until a good sale again before i pick up another bottle.

PS- on off days i took 5 grams of creatine monohydrate to keep creatine levels up. I dont know if it made a difference but i like to think it did.
    • Increased Pump
    • Lots Of Dyes
      July 18, 2011

I had been wanting to try a intra for awhile
    due to the fact that I get very hungry during
    some of my workouts which can last up to 5
    hours. When this happens I would eat chocolate
    & sometimes bananas. This worked for me but I
    wanted something to better feed my muscles so
    I chose SizeOn Max. for my first intra & was
    very pleased.
    The first thing that I noticed was that it
    tasted great. I had the Wild Berry Punch. It
    also mixes easily. It settled some during my
    workouts & I would just give it a few shakes
    to get it mixed again.
    It satisfied my hunger during my workouts. I
    would take sips throughout my workout. This
    was a big reason that I tried this & I was
    very happy.
    I gained weight, & got stronger. I got good
    recovery from it. This past winter we had a
    blizzard & I took it while I shoveled all night & it helped my back recover.
    I bought the 24 serving size container from for 33.59 + 5.95 shipping
    & that comes to 1.65 per serving. It is more
    expensive than some supplements But I liked
    the results & plan on using it again.
    It has many ingredients so if you are going
    to stack other things with it you may have to
    adjust your other supplements. For instance
    some weeks I stacked KreAlk with it so on workout days I would take KreAlk only in the
    morning & SizeOn during my workout. I recommend looking at all of the ingredients
    before you stack other supplements with it.
    The bad effects that I had were cramps in my
    calves & hamstrings. I stopped doing calf raises & was cautious doing dead lifts.
    It also gave me a little bloat but nothing bad.
    I highly recommend trying this for gaining
    size & strength. Make sure that you drink
    plenty & get enough potassium.
    • Wild Berry Punch Tastes Great
    • Little Bloat

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.