Home > Categories > Creatine > Creatine Blends > Gaspari Nutrition > SizeOn Maximum Performance

Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance

SizeOn Maximum Performance Gaspari Nutrition
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (43 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 Reviews
Kre-Alkalyn 1500 (161 Reviews)
8.9
Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Reviews
SizeOn (84 Reviews)
GNC Creatine Monohydrate Reviews
Creatine Monohydrate (34 Reviews)
GNC Amplified Creatine 189 Reviews
Amplified Creatine 189 (125 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

MuscleTech Cell-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Cell-Tech Hardcore (89 Reviews)
6.8
Optimum Creatine Powder Reviews
Creatine Powder (32 Reviews)
MuscleTech Cell-Tech Reviews
Cell-Tech (28 Reviews)
5.2

Related Forum Topics

SizeOn vs. SizeOn Maximum Performance
Are they both similar as in give the same results? I really want to buy SizeOn d...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

SizeOn Maximum Performance Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
SizeOn Maximum Performance Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps Recovery (31)
  • Builds Muscle (25)
  • Increased Endurance (25)
  • Good Taste (20)
  • Little Pricey (21)
  • Bloat (18)
  • Too Expensive (11)
  • Bad Taste (7)
October 10, 2012

Jpotter21

Reviews: 49

October 10, 2012
 Gaspari Size on. I'm still not 100 percent sure how I feel about this product. I bought it extremely cheap from lockout back in September and have used 5 of the 5 serving tubs. Which equates to a little over a full container. Needless to say I was not overly impressed with Size on. On to the review.

Ingredients- 8/10- I've always wanted to purchase size on for this specific reason. The ingredient profile takes it beyond a normal creatine product. But I still feel like it offered lack luster results compared to what I was expecting. I'll post the ingredient profile here and outline what I feel is pretty unique.

Calories from Fat 0
Protein 7g 13
SizeOn Proprietary Blend 61.5g
-OutLast Insutropin Matrix - Palatinose, D-glucose, Trehalose, Pterostibene
-Protein Synthesis Acceleration Matrix
--Whey Protein Hydrolystae, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate
-PhosphoDrive Endurance Complex
--CreaPure, Creatine MagnaPower, Disodium Creatine Phosphate
-OsmoDrive Advanced Hydraton Complex
--L-Taurine, Sodium Glycerophosphate, Calcium Glycerophosphate, Otassium Glycerophosphate, Sustamine
--Magnesium Glycyl Glutamine

I love the addition of carbs. I think it really makes for a great intra workout drink. It is able to sustain constant energy throughout your workout, while also fueling your muscles with glycogen you could be loosing due to training. So that is definitely a plus. They also use 3 types of creatine. I personally am a big fan of blended creatines as I have seen much more success from them as opposed to just straight mono or any other type of single sourced creatine. So again another plus. The last thing that I really liked the idea of was having the protein. Having whey protein hydrosolate would allow you to have a constant flow of an abundance of all aminos as opposed to just a few. So your feeding your muscles with a rapid digesting protein that is going to work fast. So those are a few things I really thought stood out for me on size on. So on paper I think the ingredients get a 8.

Effectiveness- 7- While I feel like the ingredients looked good on paper, that was honestly all it did for me. I've got to be honest bros I was just not overly impressed with this product. I didn't have an increase in recovery no real major increases in strength. Nothing to really write home about. Too be fair, the containers I picked up from lockout were expired. That may have something to do with the effectiveness of this product. But I really don't know. I do feel like my endurance was slightly better but again nothing really popped out to me with this. I even took a week off to see if I would notice any changes. Nothing. Muscles looked the same still felt the same in the gym. I just didn't get much from this product.

Taste/Smell-7- This smells like dog poo. It does kind of grow on you. But it smelled nothing like grape lol. The taste at first was really rough. I thought it would be extremely sweet but to my surprise it tasted kind of bland. You do get used to the taste and smell after a while.

Sides- I won't rate this, but it is something I want to put in their. This stuff really bloated me up big time. I'm not sure if it was from the protein or the carbs but whatever it was I didn't particularly care for it. I would make sure I wasn't eating right before a workout to see if I could eliminate that feeling but it still stuck with me every workout. I also had horrendous gas on this. I have no idea why. I think it may be because it was expired. But my goodness it was terrible. I was farting and 30 minutes would go by and it would linger in all the rooms I would walk into. It smelled as if it was fresh too almost 30 minutes later. Lol. Everyone in my house hated me.

Value-7- I give it a 7 because I didn't pay full price for this. For 25 servings I only ended up paying like 20 bucks plus shipping. So I give it a 7 for the value at which I paid for. The ingredients lead you to believe it would be quite effective and given the normal value of 33/34 dollars you would hope it would deliver, but I would never pay full price for this product. I just don't think its honestly worth it. You get around a months supply with the normal sized tub which is 24 servings it averages to be a 1.41 a day. Way to much IMO. I just cant justify that.

Overall- 7- I know some of you rave about this, but I truly feel their are much better options out their for a lot cheaper that will also last you a lot longer. I think if you can find it for a decent price its worth a shot to try it, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price for this. I just feel its a tad bit overated. Again, I think their are much more affordable creatines with a lot better effectiveness. Have a good one bros.
  • Terrible Smell
  • Minimal Size Gains
iSamurai
iSamurai

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 12
Reputation: +809
Haha toxic farts lingering for 30mins...something doesn't sound right.

September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012
 I'm sure we all remember when "power" let us all know of a clearance on SizeOn. Thank God for allstarhealth! Anyway I picked up 8 of those small tubs(almost 2 tubs worth) and finally finished them all. I have some extra time on my hands and decided to write up a review.

SizeOn is Gaspari's intra workout creatine. It is intended to aid in recovery and keep creatine saturation. It is also supposed to help in strength gains.

Profile:7/10
I do like the profile to a certain degree. I won't go over every ingredient, but the ones that stand out to me are the sugars, the creatine, and BCAAs. I feel that the creatine is pointless because I personally don't prefer to take my creatine intra. The BCAAs are a nice addition, and so is the sugar. I will explain later why I like the sugar content. Pretty simple product in my opinion.

Taste and Mixability: 7.5/10
I'll be honest, I did not care for the flavor. The grape just seemed to linger in my stomach. Doing rear delt flyes sucked because it felt as if I was going to puke, this was due to all the sugar. It mixed decently. Would take a good 10 seconds to shake and there was always foam, but the foam clears within 2 minutes so it's not too bad.

Effectiveness:8/10
This honestly wasn't the best intra I have used. I found my recovery to be faster in between sets, which I accredit to the BCAA content. I felt the creatine to be useless intra, but then again I guess it does help keep saturation so it can't be that bad. I also like the sugar content for one reason. I am currently on a bulk, and I found the easiest way for me to bulk is to add more fast digesting carbs around my workouts. While the sugar content is nice, I could honestly just drink Gatorade, add some bcaas, and add some creatine to it and have a similar product. That is what I found this product to be, an expensive Gatorade. While it did help me put on some weight(up 23 lbs. since march), I could have easily gotten those carbs through other drinks.

Some of you guys might say I left out the protein. Honestly, 7 grams of protein is next to nothing. I prefer to get most of my protein through whole foods, and I can get 7 grams of protein by taking a big bite out of a chicken breast. I don't care if it is hydrolyzed, protein is protein to me.

Value:6/10
While I did get it very cheap, I will base this off of online prices(No one here would ever buy this for $80 at GNC right?). You can get this pretty cheap on allstarhealth. The question is do you really need it? Like I said before, I could easily just get Gatorade and some creatine/bcaa product, and mix them together; it would be a lot cheaper, and I would get the same results.

Overall:7/10
This product isn't horrible, I just feel it is unnecessary. If you love using supplements, and are on a bulk like I am, this can help you add some carbs in your diet. It can also help with creatine saturation. The BCAAs are a nice addition, but I recommend XTend or MBCAA for that. I might buy this again, but only if they are on clearance.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps Recovery

Reputation: +474
They use hydrolyzed because your body uses whole proteins much better than free amino acids.

In my opinion this is what makes sizeon stand out so much to other intras. Why only have 3 or 4 amino acids when you can have rapid whole protein.

Do you ever eat a bite of chicken breast while working out?

Like cyro has said its a 3 in 1 product.
you will see in my review of it.

Reply #2:

Reputation: +2320
It's just not that serious to me . I guess we can't all agree on everything eh?

Reply #3:

Reputation: +474
nothing wrong with the review just dont agree like you said and thats fine. Just thought it was an interesting take on this product.

Just shooting this out there.

If its not all that serious why spend so much on supplements or even use them?

Reply #4:

Reputation: +2320
Like I said in the first sentence, there was a clearance on them. Got 40 servings for $20 and I wanted to try it out.

Reply #5:

Reputation: +474
i get the clearence. I bought a ton load too I mean in general. If you dont take things too seriously why even add supplements?

Reply #6:

Reputation: +2320
Why not? I find them to help, yet I use them as I see I use/need for them. I find I NEED a joint support product because I have problems in many areas, and I found a USE in SizeOn to add more carbs BCAAs to my diet. Thought it would be a fun product to try out.

September 10, 2013

Daloof911

Reviews: 26

Age: 18

September 10, 2013
Mediocre Intra, but a good Creatine

At first glimpse, SizeOn looks to be a very promising supplement: Creatine, BCAAs, Carbs, Protein. Throughout my run with it however, I didn't find myself particularly impressed or "wowed" by SizeOn.

Profile: 8/10
60.8g Proprietary Blend

Outlast Insutropin Matrix-
Palatinose, D-glucose, Trehalose, Pterostilbene
Protein Synthesis Acceleration Matrix-
Whey Protein Hydrolysate, L-Leucine(5g), L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate
PhosphoDrive Endurance Complex-
Creapure, Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Disodium Creatine Phosphate
OsmoDrive Advanced Hydration Complex-
L-Taurine, Sodium Glycerophosphate, Calcium Glycerophosphate, Potassium Glycerophosphate, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, Magnesium Glycyl Glutamine

180 Calories- Og Fat/ 39g Carbs/ 7g Protein

Unfortunately, SizeOn is in a proprietary blend, so it is difficult to judge the profile. Not too sure how much creatine the blend has in it, but through "critical thinking" I determined that:

The Outlast Insutropin [Carb] Matrix is about 39g.
The Protein Syntesis Matrix is about 17g (assuming a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio)

This leaves close to 5 grams on the table for their Creatine and Hydration Complex. I think it's safe to say there is around 3-4g of Creatine total.
I really enjoy this Profile. Most of the ingredients they use are pure and well sourced (Creapure, MagnaPower, Palatinose, Sustamine).

I purchased this to use as a creatine and not so much as an intra, but welcomed the fusion. I will break it up into both categories(Intra/Creatine) though.
SizeOn as an Intra-
I personally didn't care for SizeOn during my workout. I didn't notice much between set recovery
or reduced fatigue during my sets. I did however feel I could workout for hours on end. I allot this to the carbohydrate blend, and possibly the protein addition as well. Lately 360Sport and Finaflex BCAA/SAA have been better intra workout supplements than SizeOn.
SizeOn as a Creatine-
I really enjoy the creatine blend in SizeOn. I wish it was dosed a bit higher, but I responded well to it either way. I started to notice the benefits of the creatine about 1.5-2 weeks into the bottle. My biggest problem with SizeOn as a creatine source was that it was designed to be used during your workouts so it has a bunch of simple carbs that you wouldn't want to consume on rest days. I actually ended up picking up a bottle of Cellucor's creatine to use on the days that I didn't workout just to make sure I was staying saturated. I know other reviews have mentioned some bloating after consuming SizeOn; I myself never experienced any.
Aside from the Creatine and Intra aspects of SizeOn, I found that it made it much easier to hit my caloric/macro goals (currently running a bulk). I also tried using it post workout twice, but found that the 20oz of liquid was a bit more than I wanted to consume after a grueling workout.

Taste/Mixability: 6/10
I had the Arctic Lemon Ice flavor. Tasted almost like orange juice from concentrate, but a little bit more lemon-esque. I can't really say the taste was bad, it was just too intense, especially for an intra.
SizeOn also had some settling issues. It mixed completely fine, but if it sat around for a minute or two, there would be a bunch of sediment at the bottom of my shaker. Easily solved by a quick swirl or shake, just had to do it everytime I took a drink.

I picked my bottle up on clearance at my local GNC for around $15. From what I've seen online, it will run you about $30-$35. It really isn't that great of a deal for 24 servings (lasts about a month), but you would be purchasing an intra and a creatine in one, so it could save you some money there, especially if you like to add a carb powder to your BCAAs. Then it would be like 3 different supps in one.

The only time I would recommend this is as a creatine supplement. I didn't notice enough intra workout benefits to suggest this as a replacement for BCAAs or Gatorade during a workout. I think it would be most beneficial during a bulk due to the added carbs, which will help reach your macros.
  • Hard To Stay Saturated On Rest Days
  • Mixability
August 22, 2012

1stLastMino

Reviews: 11

August 22, 2012
 SizeOn is a bit expensive but it is very effective and gave me some of the best workouts of my life. SizeOn is my favorite intra workout fuel. The grape flavor is bitter but you gotta deal with it. I love the ingredient profile and the creatine in SizeOn. SizeOn helped me build muscle and sped up recovery time after workouts. It also kept me going and fed my muscles throughout workouts.

It is a bit chalky when mixed up so you may have to pinch your nose while it goes down. I think i'll try the fruit punch next time.

Regardless of taste and solubility, SizeOn is effective. The creatine is good, the recovery is great, the endurance is better, and it is definitely worth the money.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps Recovery
August 10, 2012

bigbill1

Reviews: 5

August 10, 2012
 This is my favorite intra-workout drink ever. I absolutely swear by this product. It is loaded with BCAAs, lean creatine, and tons of other great ingredients. I would mix my pre-workout with Size-on before each workout and would take 2 scoops in Gatorade throughout my workouts.

I really felt energized and could not stop lifting will sipping on my Size-On during workouts.

3 1/2 pound tub for $44. Value is pretty good and this product is great.

July 8, 2012

dieatro14

Reviews: 10

July 8, 2012
     When I was at my local GNC they were selling this for 20$ so i figured i'd give it a shot. Yes i finished this a while ago but i would like to give my 2 cents on this.

After looking at the ingredients profile I was fairly pleased with the amount of amino acids within the product, but the one thing that drove me crazy was that it did not give me an exact creatine quantity, but that did not deter me from trying it. While using this I was not on any pre workout so i could try and see what the product would do on its own. I saw a small amout of gains but nothing earth shattering. The one thing that this product really did help with was recovery time. Usually i take full recovery between my sets which is anywhere from 1 minute to 2.5 minues, but i was recovered within a minute and ready to go.

Taste: 5/10
    I know lifting supplements arent about the taste at all, because if it tastes good chances are it wont work haha. I happened to grab the Artic Lemon Ice flavor, and let me tell you it tastes awful. The majority of the time i was able to gut it, but there were those occasional times when i just couldnt becasue of how bad it was.

Overall:
    Would i reccomend this to a friend? Probably, but use a pre workout with it to maximize results. If taste is not an issue for you than yeah go for it! It will definately help you recover a lot faster.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Helps Recovery
    • Tastes Awful
    June 2, 2012

Age: 21

June 2, 2012
     this product is PERFECT for a winter bulk. i used an entire tub of it while i was doing more heavy lifting, with drop sets to volume. i was not doing any cardio, and my diet is spot on with bulking. i put on probably 5 lbs in a month, but my strength and fullness were the most noticeable. i was able to continue through my workouts without feeled depleted and i can remember a few specific times i was hitting it so hard with such heavy weight i turned and saw the whole gym staring! The reason i say this product is perfect for a winter bulk is that you can bloat and if youre built like me you need to stay as lean as possible.

Value (6): the one bad thing about this product is that its expensive. at gnc we sell it for $80, its on sale sometimes but is still painful to buy. i dont have a problem staying full and gaining weight so i only use this product to get outa plateaus or put on some december muscle haha.

Taste (7): i have used the lemon ice and it wasnt bad. i wasnt excited to drink it but it went down no problem and next time i would like to try grape.

Effectiveness (9): like i said before, this product is great for adding strength and a foundation for muscle. obviously diet and training are going to lead to the most muscle, however if both of those are in place you can see awesome gains. i noticed the most benefit on leg and back day. the larger muscle groups needed the steady flow of carbs and my glycogen stayed full. pumps were fantastic.

Great product for anyone, a MUST for hardgainers!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Dense And Full
    Seanw
    Seanw

Joined: 7/2011
    Reviews: 8
    Reputation: +13
    Hey don't shope at gnc you will get ripped off hardcore. Shope online you can get size on max for under $30 at supp warhouse and other places online but good review man.

Reply #2:

Joined: 4/2011
    Reputation: +73
    I work at Gnc brotha.. I get 30% off on top of any sale price so I can get it cheaper than anywhere. But yes I know our prices are a joke

Reply #3:
    Mooselini
    Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 28
    Reputation: +2203
    Good review man, also allstarhealth.com is having a blowout sale of these but they are the small size I got 8 of them for $23 shipped

Reply #4:
    LUDWIGBEAST
    LUDWIGBEAST

Joined: 6/2012
    Reviews: 6
    Reputation: +8
    Haha, I didn't know you worked at GNC so do I! lol, which state?

Reply #5:

Joined: 4/2011
    Reputation: +73
    Fresno, CA! We are a franchise and the busiest store in the area.

Reply #6:
    Ablaman
    Ablaman

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +4
    Just like to add, the Grape flavour is pretty horrible.
    I have since dulled my senses to it :P

April 18, 2012

power22

Reviews: 16

Age: 18

April 18, 2012
     Hey guys, once again thought I'd hop on here and talk about some SizeOn. This is of course a Gaspari product, and i was taking this after taking the original about a year or so ago.

The drink is meant for intra-workout,which means while you are workingout I had gotten the Arctic Lemon Ice flavor from A1supplements.com for around $47. I mixed up one scoop with a full blender bottle of water and drank throughout my entire workout, it mixed up very well.

Workout: I was on a heavy weight low rep workout for college football and was hoping this would help to bust a couple plateaus and just get bigger and stronger and it did that.

The taste was pretty good, kinda like a cheap lemon lime gatorade but left a funky taste in my mouth hours after finishing it that i couldnt mask with gum or food. I'll be honest too, it gave me a couple good farts about an hour after too haha. like clear out the room.

The effectiveness of this was very good. I was constantly setting new PR's, I had seen a size gain in my muscle size and along with strength, it was really helpful. my muscles fatigued slower during my lifts, i could grind out the last few sets without struggle. The only downside to this was that I added a decent amount of waterweight too and was bloated pretty good by the time i polished the bottle off.

All in all this is a very good product, not as good as the original but it does on the most part what it claims. I added about a good 3lbs in muscle and prolly one or two more in waterweight which went away about 2 weeks after not taking it. I would highly suggest anyone to try this!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Helps Recovery
    • Worth The Money
    • Good Creatine
    • Tastes Amazing When Cold
    • Excess Water Weight
    April 3, 2012

bj22511

Reviews: 4

Age: 16

April 3, 2012
     I gotta say I LOVE this product!!! I'm very happy with my results, and strength gains while taking Size On...

Taste- 9.5--- The taste was amazing! I had Wild Berry Punch, and i drank it post workout. It was very refreshing after my long summer workouts to be able to go in a plop down in my locker and sip on this.

Effectivnes- 9.1--- One of the main things i noticed with this was the recovery! I was able to work my butt off, and the next day i felt very little to no soreness. As far as stregth gains, i did jump up a little, nothing signifigant, but before i took this i had hit a platue and was stuck at a 265 bench press, and by the end of my container i finally hit 275. As with my squat i went from 365 to 390. And i know this might be rare, but i feel like i leaned out a little while on this too. I also never felt or saw a bloat while taking this.

Value- 6.5--- Okay, so the price of size on is pretty high, but when i can get it on sale at GNC, i usually pick it up for around $40. So look for it on sale and get it while it is, otherwise, your wallet will get a little lean.

Overall i am very happy with Size On, and i will continue to use it. I've tried Wild Berry Pucnh, and Lemon Ice, and both were great.

Good Luck!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Helps Recovery
    March 27, 2012

GodofSerbia1

Reviews: 27

Age: 24

March 27, 2012
     Hello SupplementReviews.com, this is my second review. I recently finished the 3.49 lb tub of Gaspari Nutrition 'Size-On' Maximum Performance.
    -I purchased it for around $45 from a mom and pop nutrition shop. For $45 you get 24 servings if you use 1 scoop mixed with water while working out.
    -'Size-On' is supposed to be an Intra-workout fuel which means you sip on it through-out your workout.
    -I tried the Grape Cooler flavor which was OK.
    -I took half a scoop before working out mixed with Cellucor C4 and sipped on a full scoop throughout my workout.

Size-On is supposed to be an intra-workout, BCAA, creatine, carbohydrate supplement powder that is supposed to promote "maximal muscle volume and accelerate protein synthesis."

Love Rich Gaspari and Gaspari Nutrition but there is just too much 'Fluff' marketing on the label for a product that really is just 'Gatorade on Steroids.' I always mixed my 'Size-On' with a pre-workout because the Agmatine Sulphate and Arginine found in pre-workouts opens up my blood vessels and allows for better delivery of the carbohydrates, creatine, BCAAs, and nutrients to my blood and muscles.
    SIZE-ON DOES INCREASE YOUR ENDURANCE, FOCUS, AND ENERGY DURING WORKOUTS. It is a good supplement and I definitely RECOMMEND IT TO ATHLETES, POWERLIFTERS, CROSSFIT ATHLETES.
    If you are a bodybuilder I figure you would be taking 'Size-On' because you think it is going to add size to your frame. I'll tell you now the creatine is not strong in this product but IT IS A GOOD CREATINE. The creatine DOES NOT GET YOU BLOATED and gives you great endurance and pumps when mixed with a pre-workout.
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BULKING SUPPLEMENT GO WITH KRE-ALKALYN 1500.

Here is my conclusion:
    I really enjoy using 'Size-On' Maximum Performance when I am doing circuit training and power bodybuilding when I mix together heavy lifting, olympic lifts, and high rep volumizing training all in one. I train a few high school decathletes and I really recommend this product to them because they are doing explosive plyometrics, lifting, and endurance running all in one workout. 'Size-On' does not list the amount of creatine in has in its formula so we do not know what all we are ingesting. There could only be a tiny bit which is why there is no bloat or extreme strength gains. However, there is enough creatine to help with recover, endurance during workouts, and increased pump. It is a LITTLE PRICEY but worth it if you are looking to have a big month of intense working out in which you are mixing together bodybuilding, powerlifting, plyos, cardio, etc...

Fair and Honest,
    GodofSerbia1
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great To Mix With Pre-workout
    • Helps Recovery
    • Minimal Size Gains
    • Too Much Fluff Marketing On The Label
    • Creatine Quantity Not Shown

Have you used SizeOn Maximum Performance? Submit your own Review!