SizeOn

By: Gaspari Nutrition

SizeOn is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Does SizeOn work?
Click to Expand

Gaspari Size-On Maximum Performance is designed as an intra-workout carb/protein/amino complex with a creatine blend. A big thanks to Cray and Cryo for turning me on to this shizzle. That said, let's get into the review..

----- Ingredients 7.5/10 -----

----- Ingredients 7.5/10 -----
I'm not going to post the whole profile as it's rather large and you can easily look it up. This is a 66g/180 calorie per serving hybrid complex carb in a prop blend along with whey hydrolysate, creatine, aminos, etc. Ingredients that stand out (for me) are pterostilbene - an insulin secratogue, whey hydro for di and tri peptides, 5g of l-leucine, sustamine (l-alanyl-l-glutamine), glycerol phosphates and the LOLA . Overall, a well thought out mix of growth and recovery triggers. I seriously just wish it wasn't in a prop blend. I also personally don't feel the creatine blend is much of a value add for me but for someone who isn't taking creatine elsewhere then it's not a bad addition since it does contain Creapure as the primary creatine. In any case, I'm deducting 1 point since there's no way of telling how much of any of these ingredients we are actually getting.

-----Taste & Mixability 7/10 ------
Both taste and mixability are, at best, acceptable. It is not the easiest powder to get to mix, and it tends to foam, but if you put it in a shaker with adequate water it will eventually dissolve. I use the grape cooler and it was on the sweeter side unlike some other grape flavors that tend to be more tart. When using it an an intra, I just used a bit more water to mellow out the sweetness. It also takes a bit to get used to the smell. But all these things are relatively minor in my personal rating system; what really matters is effectiveness.

----- Effectiveness 9/10 -----
You can be as critical as you like about the clinical effectiveness of some of the ingredients but one thing that Size-On does deliver on is performance. Given the ingredient mix, its not hard to see why this gets tagged as a bulking agent - 180 calories designed primarily to illicit an insulin spike. I do know one thing, if you want to build muscle and strength then you cannot skip the carbs. We all focus on protein and are willing to spend enormous amounts of money on whey products or so called "muscle builders" but I had no idea how much I was hampering my progress until I started adding serious carbs into my training nutrition.

And Size-On can be used post workout. I have switched from using this as an intra to using it post workout and the results have been great. I guess it all depends on preworkout nutrition and workout style but for me it's more effective post workout and I just cut the carbs elsewhere during the day.

Recovery with Size-On was much better than anything I'd experienced with other recovery supplements such as adding l-glutamine to my protein shake or mega dosing bcaa's.

Strength and energy increased, primarily due to the addition of a quality carb source to my training nutrition (and increased greater than what I saw with carb sources like maltodextrin). In the past I have been very frustrated with loss of strength while trying to cut, but with Size-On, I get a great carb hybrid which is allowing me to moderately reduce bf while still add muscle and increase strength.

----- Value 6/10 -----
I got like 20 of the smaller tubs during an insane deal from Allstarhealth, so I'm rating this using the normal retail price which comes in just under $2.00/serving. That is one expensive carb when you compare it to oats or maltodextrin. However, I do think that it is just effective being taken in a half dose post workout and for that method, it comes in at just under $1.00 per serving and definitely would bump the value up a point to a 7, or maybe a 7.5. Of course, you have to compare this to whole food carb sources and as such, it's always going to be a more "luxury" type purchase.

-----Overall 8/10 -----
If you are looking for something to help trigger some real success when combined with serious lifting, and willing to spend a bit more money, then I think this is a fantastic product to try out. If you are a casual lifter then I think you're money is probably better spent elsewhere. I particularly like that fact that it is versatile enough to be either an intra or post workout carb source. I also love the fact that you don't have to use a full scoop and that greatly improves the value. All in all, this is now an addition to my "staples".
  • Versatility

• Mooselini
    August 7, 2012

Great review man, on a side note you are a big fan of muscle feast have you tried there amino? Reason being i really liked their ingredient profile.
  • lava135
    August 7, 2012

Thanks Moose - I think the profile on both Anabolic Competition and their Essential EAA blend are great, however, I really love the intra as you get the bcaa nitrates plus 1g agmatine.
  • StudforLife
    August 7, 2012

Great review brotha. I have heard great things but I am such a cellmass addict I can't make myself buy a tub. Thinking about mixing them both next creatine cycle!
  • Mooselini
    August 7, 2012

Ya that's what I meant the anabolic competition looks great
  • lava135
    August 7, 2012

You can check out my review on it, great product.
  • Cryoburner
    August 8, 2012

Nooooooo, I was literally going to review this in a few days lol. Hands down my favorite Intra for bulking.
  • Jpotter21
    August 8, 2012

I'm actually going to be trying this pretty soon. solid review man.
  • MrAppleman

Nice review
    It does make good for post workout sometimes I wouldnt finish it during workout because of upset stomach because too much creatine or something and would chug it later.
    It does smell like Dog food though lol and the taste takes some getting used too I either use Half serving and another later or just continue to dilute as I drink more.
    But Solid Review

This is my first review, so stick with me here. I used SizeOn about a month ago, and noticed results immediatly. The results stuck for the most part, and it helped with my weight, i put on a good bit of weight for only using this. I didnt use protein with it, but did use superpump 250 as a pre with it. I was 156 lbs when i started this product (it was about 2 weeks after football ended) and Went up to 165 in the time span that i took it. Taste is big for me, and i decided to go with the grape. It was great. The best comparision i can give is to a blue tootsie pop. A friend of mine go the fruit one and said it was awful, needless to say, ill stick with the grape. I payed 72 for this product at GNC and it was a ***in joke. I completely stopped going there after i found a small, but better selection at a store nearby that sold this for 45. Which is a pretty good difference in my opinion. As far as side effects are concerned i only encountered one. One night i did not drink enough water after, and got shaky and light headed, this was cleared up with a *** ton of water. So water is must with this product as in all creatines also. I work out everyday, for 2 hours and twice a day 3 times a week. This product helped me up my flat bench 10 pounds, and my squat 25 pounds along with numerous other lifts that went up.

I actually bought another tub of it and am starting today, while using Myofusioin with it. Im 165 as i write this, and i need to get to about 175 by next football season (those first 10 pounds were easy since thats what i weighed before the season started i just lost a *** ton during football due to limited lifting time and just the constant running) I'm intrested in knowing if anyone has any ideas for anything i could take to help out with this process.

Overall great product, i would suggest this to anyone who is planning on gaining mass, and uping weight.
  • Gives Me Great Pumps

• Lorenz0
    December 8, 2010

Good review.. Try Dark Matter it is an awesome post workout:)
  • efishman
    December 8, 2010

Working out every day is going to slow your gains a ton. try working out every other day and only work body parts once a week. your gonna have more time to recover and your strength will go up more
  • Ruggles30
    December 8, 2010

Yeah lorenzo, i looked into darkmatter, the guy i talked to said it tasted awful, but he said that it was good stuff...Could i use it during? or is it mainly post? Does it help with gains? and Fish, i go on a 4 day cycle, so chest, arms, shoulders, then legs and core, I'll use that advice though, what would you suggest? I hate missing a work out day, but what should i do? Break it down?

Taste - The taste is the only thing that is not great about this product. It is not bad, don't get the wrong idea, but theres just something off about the taste and texture. It is still definitely drinkable. I got the wild berry punch.
Results - It gives me insane vascularity and pumps. My veins were popping out at the gym, and the pumps almost hurt. The energy is great, and the recovery is fantastic. I was rarely sore taking this. The best creatine I have ever tried, beats cell-mass, and MRI's war. I will never buy another creatine other than SizeOn again.
Side effects - None that I noticed.
Cons - The price is definitely high. If I weren't so happy with this product, the price would keep me from buying it. But the results are definitely worth it.
I took this with Gaspari's Real-mass, MRIs Black Powder, and Monster Amino.
I take this right after my 11 mile runs, or 2-mile swims, which is immediately before lifting, the water retention is at its peak in that time for me, so I reccommend taking it after cardio, right before lifting.
I don't like to give raving reviews because they seem tacky/unreliable/biased, but this is my truly unbiased observation from this product. An amazing creatine blend from Gaspari. I have bought another container of the original formula, and a container of their new "maximum performance" SizeOn. I am 100% confident in this product that it will be the only creatine I buy from now on.
I will also post a review of the New SizeOn "maximum performance" formula when I take it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gives Me Great Pumps
  • Vascularity Through The Roof
  • Taking It Increase Your Energy
  • Recovery
  • A Little Pricey

• Kdaawg
    February 27, 2010

The maximum performance tastes much better.

Doolee

Please note this review is just to help you, based on my personal experience of the product, everyone reacts differently:

I liked this product, the recovery from it was great, it does build muscle but unfortunately it causes bloating...Not good.

I gained 8lbs, and lost 2lbs of that after I went off, therefore it must have just been water-weight. Ever since reading the ads for Size-On, I have been interested to try it. So I thought for the last 4 weeks of my 12 week cycle I would give it a shot. I have been lifting now solidly for about 11 weeks. When I start lifting after a break, I always lift a couple of weeks before starting any cycles. I started out doing full body workouts, then push and pull days, to where I am now with different body parts. Also I just started doing cardio two weeks ago and switched my lifting to the mornings. Up till then I was really lazy with cardio, but I need to shred serious pounds too. I am 5'8" and 235 lbs. Up till taking Size-On I was using Higher Power's CEE Powder. I will do the review first, and then give the optional info such as my background and regimen.

Size-ON Day 1 - It's hard to give a review on day 1, because a lot of what you feel is just in your head, but you gotta start somewhere. I will only due updates once a week.

Cost: A little on the expensive side, but you only need one serving a day, so I can get over that.

Mixing: Very poor in the mixing department. I had to constantly shake it over and over again throughout my workout. Every time I put it down for a minute, powder would settle to the bottom again. But that's not enough to turn me off to a product.

Taste: I got Fruit punch flavored, and it wasn't .... disgusting! Haha:) Due to the poor mixing, it kind of tasted like a slightly chalky grape gatorade. I am far from picky when it comes to taste, so I was fine with it. If I continue with Size-On though I think I will try the lemon ice flavor.

Effectiveness: Again, it's hard to say on the first day. I was really excited to try the product, so I am sure a lot of what I felt was due to that. Also it's creatine, so in a few weeks I would be able to give you better details. I will say that my first day was arm day. I achieved a great pump, better than usual. At the end of the workout, I thought I could do it all over again. Not because it wasn't a hard workout, but because I was so pumped up. I felt a lot more energy and recovered faster than usual.

DRINK ALOT OF WATER! Otherwise, you'll be visiting the toilet alot with the runs and you'll feel incredibly ill.

I really liked this product, wondering if i'll try it again, i probably will if I get enough money, but I prefer SuperPump250, and SizeOn gave me that bloated look and there was a noticable loss in definition! :( I would prefer to put on lean mass, rather than blow up like a balloon and slowly lose it.

ALSO! I could NOT , I repeat I could NOT do any abdominal or core excercises while taking this stuff! If I tried to, It'd feel like I was about to barf everywhere..not good! I rate SuperPump250 over this product, gives more pump, gives more energy and gives you more solid gains... I really loved the recovery of this product though, but that was the only real highlight of this product.

Overall, this product DID help, and thats what supplements are supposed to do. Try it, if you're going into a bulking cycle/phase, then you might as well give it a shot.

That's all I got to say, any questions will be answered ASAP!:)
  • Bloating
  • Stomach Cramp

• BigRob
    November 12, 2010

Nice review!
    My tub of size on arrived today and i will start monday after my recovery week.
    Last winter i´ve tried it and it was great, but for me way to expensive for a thirty day supply.
    So this time i will try stacking it with kre alkalyn on off days and size on intra. Want to see if the results are nearly the same and will write a review when i finished it, too.

And yeah, rep´d :)

MCSyd

I've taken this supplement for 2 cycles: each cycle consisting of 4 tubs (15 weeks each). First off, tastes amazing - looked forward to taking every day... Artic Lemon especially - tastes like lemon meringue pie... :) Didn't mind sipping through it while I worked out.

I've been training over 15 years so I didn't anything too much from it. Slightly increased my strength but nothing dramatic (based on my years of gym experience). It did increase my weight by around 10 pounds after a month. No this was not new muscle, but just the water being retained inside the muscle cells.

Compared to the new Maximum Performance stuff (which has Isolate peptides and costs a lot more), I just added 10-15 grams of Leucine powder to my shaker bottle when taking. In my opinion this created an even more potent formula and the carbs/sugars in the Size On helped Drive the amino acid into my muscles (along with the creatine) while I lifted. For $30/kg for Leucine (lasts months) well worth it.

Overall a good product. It's still just creatine so don't expect ridiculous results. Keep in mind my training background I didn't have much room for new muscle growth as I'm near my genetic limit.

If you're training well, eating 4+ solid meals each day (plus 2 shakes/day) then this would be the next supplement I'd add to your program. Again, add 10-15 grams of Leucine (or WPI) to the shake to reap more benefits.

• Tastes Great And Refreshing At Least Lemon Ice Does
  • Bloating

If you are looking to put on good size/weight & increasing your strength this product is the way to go...if you do not mind dropping a pretty penny. I took this product and completed one cycle last year, and I believe that within my 1st week I noticed slight increase in strength in every different body exercise. As far as taste goes, I had the artic lemon which felt refreshing as I guzzled it down, in increments. I was taking it during the workouts, where I would drink about half of the amount while I was stretching/warming up, and the remainding amount after my 1st 3 sets. I stacked it w/SuperPump 250 and was taking Musclemilk protein. The protein I would take twice daily, after workouts and late during the evening prior to bed & the NO I would sip it 30 min before hitting the gym. No side effects, but you have to drink a moderate amount of water. Hope this helps.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taking It Increase Your Energy
  • But I Strongly Think It Derives Psychologically.

I recently had finished a tub of Size On maximum performance and I must say I was happy with my results. I was on a bulk cycle while taking this and really liked the profile on this product which was my reason for choosing it over other products.

Dosing: The way I dosed this I found to be very effective. I would throw one scoop into my shaker then fill it with water. I would sip it through my workout and drink it down till it got alittle past half way then refill my shaker with water. I would make sure to do this at least twice in order to supply myself with enough water through out my workout.

Taste: I went with the grape flavor and actually found it enjoyable to sip on through my workouts. I definitely suggest it over the wild berry ones of my roommates had it and he said he grew very tired of the taste over time.

Mixability: No problems I just made sure to give it a few shakes before sipping it and you should be fine.

Recovery: With Size On recovery was decent definitely better than just my pwo whey shake but I had seen much better recovery from products like Dark Matter and After Shock. However, I wasn't taking product for its recovery to this did not affect my view on the product.

Effectiveness: I was satisfied with this product it helped me put on some weight and size, nothing insane but just about what I was expecting from it. I did enjoy the bloat effect it gave me in my arms. I constantly had that swollen feel which was nice. The carbs in this were key because it helped give me energy late in my workouts to keep me going.

Value: This is the problem when it comes to this product if you buy it in stores it comes out to like $65 DO NOT BUY IN STORES!! I found it on AllStarHealth for around $34 which in my eyes was a great deal. Not as cheap as other proteins but I had no problem paying that price.

After being injuried and being out of the gym for 2 months Size On helped me put back on the size and strength I lost over that time period. I think this is a great creatine I can't compare it to the new big things like Kre-alklyn and green mag because I haven't tried those yet but definitely better than some of the other creatines I tried in the past; cell-mass,cell-tech,cyto-cell. In my eyes Gaspari has a great product and as long as you find it for a reasonable price I think you will be satisfied with it.
  • Increases Energy
  • Can Get Pricey

• tcdawg16
    March 21, 2011

Have you tried any flavors other than grape and if you have are they any good? I take the fruit punch and the flavor is god awful. I'm definitely getting a different flavor next time and am open to suggestions
  • DMB2Stepper
    March 21, 2011

From personal experience I haven't used anything other than the grape which as I said was awesome. I tried the wild berry punch and didn't think it was as bad as you said. I would try the arctic lemon ice from what I remember it wasn't terrific but wasn't too bad, reminded me of like gatorade so I would go with that

Finished this stuff a while back and was kind of disappointed with it. I dont want to get flamed or anything, but I found this product to be a bit over priced for what I was getting out of it. I wasn't expecting a gain in size in 1 tub so Im not going to complain about that, but the strength gains were nothing like I was expecting them to be and the bloating was pretty bad at least in my experience. Thats why I dont recommend taking this Intra Workout like it says you should or else you'll be working out with a belly of liquid and its quite uncomfortable. The taste was fantastic probably because of the high amounts of sugar in it which is supposed to spike your insulin levels to transport the Creatine faster, but still I would prefer that there be less sugar in it since theres quite alot(30g) I think it was. Im not going to flat out diss this product because I know different people react differently to supplements, but in my opinion this wasn't worth it and who knows how much this effected my liver and kidneys. I think Ill just stick to just my protein powder from now on.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great And Refreshing At Least Lemon Ice Does
  • Strength Increase
  • Instant Bloating
  • Dehydration

I had never put the 10lbs back on that I had lost while spending the summer in Costa Rica, until I did a month with this product.
I spent about $40 for a 30-serving tub through Amazon and got the Super Saver shipping. Only problem was that it took 14 days to arrive.
My initial reaction to the taste (grape) was that it wasn't bad. After taking 24oz every single day while working out for a month straight, I now find the flavor disgusting.
Size gains were pretty substantial and almost immediate. Strength gains were there, but not as much as I was hoping.
I finished the 30...
I finished the 30 day cycle and successfully gained back some of the weight I had lost over the summer. I am going to cycle off creatine for a month, and then maybe try another product.

I have been using SizeOn for quite some time now. As far as Creatines go this is the product I have been most impressed with. The Gluconate formula means no loading period and though the effects, for me at least, weren't as soon as the packaging would suggest, regular and consistent use does help build definition. I think it best to cycle, 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off. Red Berry flavour is easy to drink and it mixes well. Artic Lemon is the least pleasant to drink.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taking It Increase Your Energy
  • Strength Gains Were Average

• ENC23
    Rep: -1
    May 15, 2010

Yes am aware of that, and perhaps I minced my words what I'm trying to say as per my review is that it helps with definition etc provided it is used in conjunction with a good diet and proper training. As for the Pros noted on 'Builds Muscle' this was selected from a list of descriptive options and I selected it as it was the closest to my point regarding definition etc. Thanks for the reply.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.