Real Mass

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Real Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Does Real Mass work?
Click to Expand

Does what it supposed to do--puts on mass! The addition of 4-hydroxyisoleucine is awesome to help control blood sugar when loading up on protein and carbs. The ratios are pretty good as far as carbs and protein and GOOD fats go.

Chocolate tasted good, uses the MyoFusion protein as you can tell, and mixes easily but is quite thick. Use plenty of water. Only issue I had was a little extra gas. Thanks Gaspari for a great gainer!

• Extra Gas

After falling in love with Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion(vanilla flavor) i decided to give Real Mass a shot.

Serving Size3Scoops(150g)

Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Sugars 14g **
Protein 50g 100% 66g

-Taste/Texture: 10
To me Myofusuion vanilla is the best tasting protein i have ever tried, so since Real Mass is formulated with MyoFusion i thought it would be a good product to try, and to my surprise i was right. The flavor is just a tad bit diffrent than MyoFusion, but not by much and still vary enjoyable and i looked forward to this after every workout, and to my surprise it did not taste much diffrent when mixed with milk compared to water. When i mixed this in my blender bottle it came out nice and thick like a milkshake, but when mixed in a blender it becomes very light and foamy like, not sure how i would compare it but i would say kind of like cool whip but i little bit heavier, wich personally i didnt mind because it still taste's great.

-Mixability: 6.5
when i mixed this using my blender bottle w/water i had to trouble maybe a lump or two but nothing bad, but when you add milk or try mixing it with a cheaper shaker cup it get's alot more difficult and clumpier. obviously mixing it in a blender will is the best option but make sure you just mix it for a few seconds because the longer you mix the foamier it gets. On a side note this stuff is pretty messy, so try not to spill it. It is not as bad as waxy maize products but it is a bit similar.

-Value: 8
I paid $35 dollars for 6lbs. 18 servings per tub, which is a reasonable price for a weight gainer. I took one serving a day which lasted me a little over a month.

-Effectiveness: 8
Did what it says gained about 4lbs in the time i finished the tub. I took 1 serving a day(post workout), of course i know my diet played majority of the role. The container state's a few ridiculous claims IMO. Like "Efficiently Drives Anabolic Protein Synthesis and Glycogen Resynthesis, Harnesses the Insulinotropic Power of 4-Hydroxyisoleucine, Maximal Bioavailability Assurance with GaspariZymeâ„¢ Proteolytic Enzyme Complex". Seems to me like they are just trying to catch people's attention but that's not the reason i purchased it.

-Overall: 8.5
IMO this is a good option for people wanting add calories to their diet. most other weight gainers that have 1k+ calories per serving are ridiculous. I would purchase this product again in the future, but for now i want to try Pro Complex Gainer a try, so for now i will hold off on the purchase.

• Great Value
  • Extra Gas
  • Messy

• Ecko3389

Sorry for my spelling :)
  • henrig11
    February 10, 2011

Im a little confused on how it lasted you over a month? did you buy two tubs?
  • Ecko3389

Meant 2 weeks, dunno why i put a month thnx for letting me know

Used this as a weight gainer with a PH cycle(SD 15mg 2x ED/H-50 25mg 2x ED stack) along with a 30 day GVT routine. 25lbs later i would say i am quite pleased. Only other proetien i took was ON 100% Casein at night. PWO I would take Jack3d and IWO i would sip SizeOn. 1 shake before workout, 1 after , 1 during the day and 1 at night.

• patdelaney
    May 12, 2010

Sounds like one serious stack. Good sh*t bro
  • davidmmet
    May 12, 2010

Thanks, i knew i had to up the carbs and protein and for the $$ this looked like they way to go. My next German Volume/PH bulking cycle wont be until Novemeber but i will go back to this as the weight gainer i use.

fireems

Wow. this stuff was good. I went through a tub of the chocolate flavor.
The chocolate flavor is excellent. You can mix it in water or milk for a great taste. It mixes well, its one of the few weight gainers I've seen where you can mix it in a shaker and not have clumps.
The texture is smooth and light. It doesnt give you a heavy or full feeling and I had no digestive issues.
For effectiveness, I'm not going to be...
Wow. this stuff was good. I went through a tub of the chocolate flavor.
For effectiveness, I'm not going to be one of those people on here saying that 'i gained 10 pounds of muscle' becuase I find that rediculous. Did I gain some weight? Yes I did. However training and eating right im sure had more of an impact, and Real Mass only assisted in those gains. I do recommend this product though. I think gaspari's a great company and had no complaints with this product.
  • Light Texture.

I got a tub for $40 from Super Supplements. My review is specifically for the Strawberry Milkshake flavor.

Mixability-7/10- The powder is pretty messy so it takes a little extra shaking, I used a blender ball bottle and that helped but istill get some clumps. But if mixed in a blender or magic bullet, no clumps. This stuff is pretty thick too.

Taste-10/10- This stuff has to be some of the best tasting gainers i have tried. This taste is really equivalent to a true strawberry milkshake, and thats with water. Tastes even better with Milk

Strength increase-10/10- I...

Strength increase-10/10- I definitely saw a great increase in strength, no complaints here

Mass-10/10- I gained 10 lbs with the completion of the first tub. Most of my size gained was in my shoulders and arms, back and chest. Though some size was added to mystomach in the form of fat. But hard to justify when i didn't focus any routine on abs but arms and chest and back was the main focus.

Overall- Id recommend this to anyone who is a hard gainer. I started out at 132 and am at a steady 142-143 after just my first tub. I've been a hard gainer all my life and with this tub I saw instant results. And the taste is fantastic. Never dread taking this.

Drawbacks-The only drawbacks were i got instant headaches after taking it, which went away after an hour or so, not sure what to attribute that to (possibly the strawberry flavor). Also it doesn't always mix well, and you do feel bloated and full after taking it.
  • Great Value
  • Headaches
  • Bloating
  • Mixes Poorly

Good taste and good protein and carb ratio. I use it more as a meal replacement by only using half a serving and mixing it with skim milk and pasteurized egg whites. It mixes best in a blender but it will also mix in a shaker cup if need be. I like taking it as the meal before my workout. The only thing that could make it better would be a better vitamin and mineral blend, but the taste makes up for it. Good product for bulking.
  • Light Texture.

Gaspari Nutrition has been well known for creating good quality products and Real Mass is really high quality.

The taste is fenominal no matter what flavour you try, it mixes really easily, builds muscle pretty quickly, and has CLA in it aswell so you dont gain sooo much fat,
its a top notch weight gainer@!!!

UNfortunatly i didnt like the fact that...

its a top notch weight gainer@!!!

UNfortunatly i didnt like the fact that because of the servings in the bottle you would constantly run out and have to fork out more and more money to keep the balll rolling. If money isnt an issue go for it but you are looking at 2 bottles a fortnite
  • Not Great Value

i bought a tub of the vanilla, and it tasted just like a vanilla milkshake! it kept me lean and helped me get in extra servings of protein, and from what i remeber the price wasnt too bad at all. definientley a good buy

• deeja
    May 30, 2010

I think monster mass is a good sub for this one if you ever want to give it a shot. The profiles are pretty similar
  • xball05
    May 30, 2010

Im actually taking monster mass right now, and i would have to say i like the real mass much better

kohdii

Taste - The taste is great. I got chocolate ice cream and thats exactly what it tastes like. It is a very light/fluffy texture and tastes GREAT with a banana thrown in. Perfect taste and texture in my opinion, if maybe a little too sweet for my tastes.
Side effects - One problem I noticed was that if I took it before bed, Id have to wake up during the night and use the bathroom. Idk why but it only happened at night. It may just be something with my body but consider it a warning if you have a weak stomach.
Results - I gained about 1 lb of muscle with this product while dropping...
Results - I gained about 1 lb of muscle with this product while dropping 1% in bf. I am doing a great deal of cardio and this gainer helped to even out my diet and caloric intake. So this review is mainly geared toward lifters who are heavily involved in cardio. (by heavy I mean running at least 30 miles a week in 11 mile run increments and swimming at leasst 3 miles a week. along with lifting/calisthenics.) So if you gain fat easily this may not be accurate information for you. I gained a bit of muscle but it was a realistic result and it helped keep weight on, which was my main goal taking this. I definitely recommend it!
I took this with N.O. shotgun and SizeOn.
Overall, great product. Gaspari hits another home run in my book. Bear in mind, this gainer is made/infused with MyoFusion so if you want to try it but are an endomorph who gains a little too easily, definitely check out MyoFusion.
Really no cons I can think of, definitely a solid, good product. Two thumbs up!
  • Light Texture.
  • Diarrhea If Taken Before Bed (for Me At Least)

Fantastic taste, and mixes great. I have seen good results in building muscle taking it after my workouts. Also if you take it as your meal before your workout its great as well.
  • Mixes Easy
Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.