This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Myofusion Advanced

Myofusion Probiotic Series Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Myofusion Probiotic Series is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

Mooselini

March 16, 2012

Homies, i have not reviewed in a little while and i wanted to throw out a good one. As you can tell i bought into the hype of the "probiotic" protein, and i am a staunch believer in myofusion taste/effectiveness. So i gave this a try and it fell far from my expectations.

Effectiveness/Probiotic-Effectiveness-- 6

For a blended protein i love the old myofusion and kept a tub in my stack for years whether bulking or cutting. Then the probiotic series came out and i picked up 2 tubs because i like to gauge effectiveness on a two tub cycle. I used this as a pre workout protein and post. The first week and a half it was great kept me filled up throughout my workout and kept my muscles fed after a workout. But that is where the line was drawn, the next couple weeks this started to give me major stomach discomfort throughout my workouts and also made me run to the bathroom to "drop the kids off" more often than usual. This is where i think the probiotics came into effect. The ingredient list's them as one of the very last ingredients so obviously there is not many probiotics in this protein and it is mostly about Gaspari's ridiculous claim.

Taste--5

For most proteins i stick with chocolate because that seems to be the safe bet for even some of the worse brand companies, but for regular myofusion i have tried pretty much every flavor. With this "probiotic" series i chose the vanilla and chocolate, and they tasted way different than regular Myo. Maybe it was the probiotics or maybe it was the brown rice protein, whatever it was it did not taste as good. The chocolate was better than the vanilla but not by much.

Value-- 7

I picked the two tubs up from allstarhealth for about $80, which is expensive but for 10lbs of protein thats a pretty good deal. BB.com has it for $49.99 but they normally have a bunch of coupons, i wonder why?? On another note i would probably have picked up a 2lb tub to start next time, instead of a 5lb drum of p00biotics.

Overall-- 7

If you love myofusion i wouldn't even risk picking this up and wasting your money. Many of supplement companies reformulate there brand and 9 time out of 10 it is worse than what they already had. Look at SuperPump 250 why the hell would they reformulate that, yes people were crapping there brains out b4 a workout, but it also made for some damn good lifting. Overall i will probably just stick with regular Myofusion from now on, because this is nothing but hype.
  • Some Good Workouts
  • Tastes Bad
  • Regular Myofusion>probiotic Series
WarMachine
  July 1, 2012

Many of you may already know that I am a huge fan of the original Myofusion. For quite a while, it was my protein of choice. When Gaspari came out with this version enhanced with probiotics I was somewhat indifferent about this idea. I figured that was the same myofusion, but with an added benefit. Nevertheless, I was disappointed by this product on several levels

Taste (8): The two pound tub comes in three flavors while the five pound tub comes in more varieties. The only flavor I tried was the milk chocolate and I found it to be acceptable. It was somewhat lacking in comparison to the original's chocolate flavor. I have not tried the other flavors some I cannot comment on those, my apologies.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop (39 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 58.2

Calcium
Vitamin C
Iron

Ingredients:
Myofusion Pro Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, Milk Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), Taurine, Glucose Polymer, Cocoa Powder (Dutch Process), L-Glutamine, Nondairy Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Lactase, GanedenBC (Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086).

With the exception of the probiotics, it doesn't differ much from the original.

Value (4): A two pound tub is about 23-25 dollars. Seems cheap to some, but for the lack of effectiveness this product delivered, that is a bit unacceptable. A five pound tub will set you back roughly 44 dollars. If the product works for you, perhaps that is not the most expensive considering you get about 59 servings in the five pound quantity. In contrast, the lack of effectiveness that I received from this product makes that price much too high.

Quality (5): The general quality of this protein is poor in my opinion. The mixability and consistency were both weak points. There was never a time where I would prepare this shake and not have clumps of the protein stuck on the bottom of my shaker or swimming in the liquid undissolved. I would have to use a utensil just to ensure everything would get properly mixed in the shake without getting stuck on the bottom. In addition, the consistency of the shake would get excessively thick at times when I would use milk in efforts to improve taste. Using milk does indeed improve the taste and even helped a little in mixability. Though, the resulting thickness makes this shake somewhat difficult to drink even on an empty stomach. Never had these problems with the original, especially when milk was used.

Effectiveness (2): Here is where the real nuke on this product gets detonated. To be specific and analytical, I will list and describe each problem one by one.

1. Horrid Gas- I was blasting more farts than a fat guy at an all you can eat cheese buffet while on this crap. Almost every 5 minutes, I was smelling my own bran to the point where I would want to detach my own backside from my body and throw it away. You would not have wanted to be in the same room with me. You'd probably think you were in a SAW trap. Imagine this problem on your leg days. It was only after popping some Beano tabs that I was able to control this. This was the only instance where I was glad I wasn't in a relationship with a girl. Had I been, she would've left me in ten minutes tops. Here is how a conversation between me and a girl I just met would've sounded like had I engaged in one while on this:

"High Jessica (we'll use this name since it's common in my hometown) my name is *pffft*. You look very *pffft* pretty today. I enjoy long walks on the *pffft* beach, working out *pffft*, and learning about human *pffft* anatomy".

I think by this time she would just walk away.

2. Episodes of sudden "emergencies"- There were instances where the urge to evacuate would just arise out of nowhere. This happened a few times during my workouts and there is nothing more frustrating then having your workouts interrupted for such a reason. Thankfully, this never happened during squats. A couple of times, this happened in the middle of the night, interrupting my sleep at times.

3. Upset Stomach with other foods- I guess those probiotics don't like other foods. There were some periods in which eating regular food gave me a nauseous feeling almost to the point of vomiting. I never vomited but it was just a scary thought whenever I was eating a well balanced home cooked meal, only to have it upset my stomach.

Now some of you are probably thinking to yourselves, "well warmachine, maybe you over did it with the probiotics from the other sources?". Well my SR brethren, I thought this myself and decided to test this theory. I stopped consuming foods with probiotics (i. e yogurt and even some other shakes) and used myofusion PS as my only source. Unfortunately, the ill-effects continued, confirming that my body simply was not reacting well to this supplement whatsoever. To further support this, when I discontinued myofusion PS, the ill-effects
began to subside almost immediately.

Overall (4): I am a true believer in the "we all react differently fact". As such, I am giving this a four because I believe it has the potential, like all supplements, to work for others and benefit from the probiotics. I simply was not one of those users. I would recommend that if you have used the original myofusion, stick with it as long as you can still obtain it. If not, try a free sample of this stuff first before buying. Otherwise, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Alright
  • It Is Expensive
  • Shakes Are Thick
  • Poor Mixability
  • Regular Myofusion>>>>>>>>>probiotics Series
  • Horrid Gas
  • Upset Stomach
Kevn
  September 7, 2012

Well guys, this is a review I hesitate to do just because I'm going to have to be so negative. First off let me state that I do like most of gaspari's products and I did enjoy the original myofusion. I would never review a product based on my personal expectations but more so on what the product states it does. If it doesn't say its supposed to do something I'm not going to deduct points for it just because I feel it should.

-----------------Taste 2/10------------------
The flavor was cinnamon roll and holy cow was it awful. IMHO this is the worst tasting protein powder I have ever tried. No matter how much milk or water you used it was just aswful. Gaspari is known for having some great tasting shakes but man did they screw up the probiotic series.

---------------Digestion 0/10----------------
Oh man, oh man. With the inclusion of probiotics I was at first like heck yes, finally a protein powder that won't upset my stomach. I was 100% wrong. This upset my stomach every single time I took it. It made me run to the bathroom more than any pre-workout ever has. I'm assuming the probiotics were way under dosed due to poor digestability. I got in trouble at work for smelling so bad. CAUTION: DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT AROUND HOT GIRLS!

------------------Mixability 9/10------------
Nothing to complain about with mixability. No matter how much water/milk I used it always mixed with almost no residue left. A few shakes and you were set to make your toilet never forgive you.

----------------Texture 0/10-----------------
Unless you love horse semen I do not understand how you could enjoy drinking this. It was so thick, just ridiculous. Rich, what did you do to this product man? This was thicker than any gainer shake I've tried. I sometimes mix some whey with a lot of other foods such as oats, peanut butter, fruit and various nuts and it was still thicker then all that blended and I mean way thicker. Imagine taking a discusting type of solid food, putting it in a blender with 3 oz. of liquid and trying to drink it. I'm willing to bet this is thicker than a glass of mud.

----------Ingredient Profile 4/10------------
Not that the ingredients are horrible except it is a little high in carbs but it is used as a MRP so can't complain about that. Everything else looks good until one of the main protein sources is brown rice protein concentrate. What benefit does brown rice protein have? Why would anyone include an incomplete protein source in their product. I 100% blame myself for buying this product.

--------------Would I recommend--------------
Simply put, NO! This is by far the worst protein supplement I have ever spent money on. I just can't imagine why Rich decided to make such a terrible product. The idea behind it is good except for the brown rice concentrate. This product is about as bad as Obama's presidency has been. For most product I'll say give it a try but just please save your money and buy something else.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • No Clumps
  • Tastes Bad
  • Regular Myofusion>probiotic Series
  • Shakes Are Thick
  • Horrid Gas
  • Upset Stomach
  • Horse Semen
  • Farts Drive Away Girls And Get You In Trouble At Work.
BigBird
  August 19, 2012

I am going to start by saying I was very skeptical about taking another product from Gaspari Nutrition. One of the first pre-workout supplements I took was Superpump 250 and as soon as I would put the shaker down I was headed straight for the bathroom. Despite my previous experience with the brand I bought it anyways and I am happy I did.
Before we get to the meat and potatoes of the review let's start with the ingredients. Once serving of MyoFusion PBS contains 24g of six different types of protein: Whey Concentrate, Brown Rice Protein, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin and Whey Protein Hydrolysate. Also, one serving of MyoFusion PBS contains about nine grams of Essential Amino Acids: Leucine, Isoleucine, Tryptophan, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Lysine and Histidine. MyoFusion PBS also contains Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086, which is a Gram-positive spore-forming bacterium. After it is germinated it produces L+ lactic acid. L+ lactic acid is supporting good bacteria in the gut, displacing non-beneficial bacteria to support immune and digestive health. MyoFusion PBS is Gluten, Aspartame and artificial coloring free. Some protein blends which contain too much Aspartame can give me horrible headaches.

I generally would take a single scoop in the morning right after waking to kick start my metabolism. I am a huge breakfast fan, and when I miss breakfast the rest of my day is practically ruined. With some protein powders I have taken in the past would leave me with gas and a bloated feeling. I would finish getting ready for work and by the time breakfast rolled around I wasn't uncomfortable to where I couldn't eat. The second serving of the day was taken intra/post workout. I generally snack all day, but I stop about an hour prior to my workout. I tend to get a little hungry, discovered if as soon as I finish my Modern BCAA and start drinking my protein I do not quiet have that depleted feeling when leaving the gym. It would also provide me with enough energy to want to take any short cuts by skipping abs or cardio. The shake is a little thick, doesn't leave you feeling full so you can take it intra-workout. Right before bed I would also take another scoop. I have done this in the past with other protein powders and I normally would have to get up in the middle of the night to alleviate myself if you will.

Taste 7/10
Okay, my favorite protein is CytoSport Monster Milk Cake Batter, it tastes like a milk shake and I have had good results when I was trying to bulk up in the past. That being said I have high standards for taste, but the Nutrition Facts are what's important when you are trying to cut weight. The first time I had it was just as a meal replacement right after I bought it. I thought I was going to gag! It took everything I had to force it down. In my opinion it is a little bitter and has a chalky texture. After the first week and forcing myself to drink it I started noticing it was getting better. I do not if my taste buds had change or what, but the last few shakes started tasting good. So I decided six was too low and giving an eight would be too high.

Mixability: 6/10
This protein blend does not mix very well in my opinion. I would put two scoops in 16 oz of water and then fill the shaker up to the top with water. It was still pretty thick, even after drinking a couple ounces and putting more water in it was still a little thick. When it comes to supplement I am all about simplicity; add water consume, not add water, add more water consume and repeat.

Cons:
I have already gone into a few of them so let's not beat a dead horse. It isn't the best tasting and doesn't mix well.

I would consume four servings a day. There are 58.2 servings per container, which would last me about a month. I do not usually take protein shakes on my off days (weekends) I normally just replace them with a meal or a protein bar if I am running errands. I have no problem spending a little extra money if I do not have to go back to store when I run out before the month is over.

I would recommend this product to anyone. When it comes to protein I know everyone's body responds a different way, this is one that worked great for me. The extra steps I took to thin it out kind of brought the overall score down.

I hope I provided some good insight for people who are considering Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion Probiotic Series. Thank you for reading!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quickens Recovery
  • Poor Mixability
killaz5
  August 26, 2012

As an avid user of Optimum nutritions line of proteins for years, I owe this protein a review.

The Probiotic Series has a much lower rating then the regular protein, and I have no clue why. This has defiantly become my favorite protein hands down!

This is a blend of of 6 different proteins, including whey concentrate, whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey, brown rice, egg albumin, and milk protein isolate. I think the blend is very efficient at sustained release of the protein for the whole hour window after a workout when I chug my protein right after lifting. It also contains Bacillus coagulans, which is to support healthy digestive and immune health. It has only 2 grams of fat and 9 carbs, but I believe the carbs are a good thing to help replenish glycogen the muscles, even on a cut, the carbs are not going to kill you.

Taste & Mixability: 9.0 -I know everyone says it doesnt matter, but lets be honest, Ive drank a lot of supps that horrendous and work great. But tasting great and being effective is always a plus. I had the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I buy it every time because it was so good. The first shake was much thicker then I am used to, but I swear it grows on you. I personally think this is the best tasting shake Ive ever had. I always mix with water and it mixes great, a few extra shakes here and there but very good absorption. With milk you need to shake a little harder, but it tastes just like a chocolate milk shake with peanut butter. The creamy texture is excellent.

Effectiveness:-9.6 I am half way through my third tub now, and I have say for the few days when I wait for it to be shipped that I dont take it, I defiantly noticed a increase in soreness. It's nothing to crazy, but it was noticeable. I never noticed to much difference if i ever skipped a post workout shake with Gold standard, but with Myofusion I did. I work out 5 days a week or more, very intense, and this defiantly aided in my recovery.

As for the probiotic, I have always had minor stomach problems ever since I got salmonella twice in a row a few years ago(well it never went away the first time) and was recommend to take some probiotic. I actually went in to the store to buy the regular myofusion and didnt even realize It was the probiotic version until I got home with it. Glad I did. Most shakes, even including ON usually give me some stomach aches, or have me exploding the bathroom. This did the exact opposite. I has helped my digestive system, and I never felt any side effects of bloating or cramping/ nausea/ runs with this product.

Value: 9.2- you can get a 5 pound tub for 42 bucks which is 58 servings. I do share this with my brother sometimes, but it still lasted over a month with the two of us using it. But at 42 bucks, I believe its about 72 cents a serving, which isnt bad in my book. I think you can get a bigger one for an even better value. For what it does, I believe this is very fairly priced.

I take creatine, a pwo, and several other staple supps as well, and have gained some solid muscle in the past few months. I am not saying this protein alone got me gains, but I do believe that a good shake is defiantly a great way to maximize you're protein intake. With a good diet and hard work, this shake aids my recovery and growth.

Overall, I don't think I will be switching my protein shake very soon, although I am going to venture and try the strawberry and cream flavor next. If you haven't tried this yet, give it a go you wont be disappointed.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quickens Recovery
    UKSTEVE101
      October 11, 2012

Gaspari are basically ripping us off. the Blend in the original was excellent especially after they added the Hydro a few yrs back. I replaced Syntha6 with it. When the new pro Bio came out i was amazed to find out they were discontinuing the Hydro? I instantly smelt a rat.. I examined it and discovered they'd basically cheapend the blend adding cheaper and inferior proteins.. Why mess something up that works? The answer to make more money and presuming the people are stupid! I own my own independent store here in the UK and Gaspari sales have fallen through the floor... Myo and superpump 250 used to be amongst our best sellers. The gaspari section almost as big as BSN. Now we have 3 tubs of Myo Pro bio and tub of superpump max. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot over and over again. Yo samity sam would be jelous..

BSN syntha 6 is a better product and tastes better. But the best blend right now is MP combat, excellent just not too good on the taste...

I fear for Gaspari as a company, they need better ledership. They ballsed up size on, superpump and finally myo.. nothing left to screw up..
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Alright
    • It Is Expensive
    • Horrid Gas
    • Cheaper Blend Of Protien Than Original
    Ipsissimus
      September 21, 2012

Before I begin my review I'm going to issue a few caveats: 1) This is my first protein powder and as such, 2) I have never tried the original Myofusion. Why did I go with this? Silly mistake, actually. I asked my brother to grab me a tub of whey protein at a shop near him with a list comprising of brands known for their taste. Unfortunately most of my choices were unavailable (Dymatize Elite Whey, BSN Syntha-6) and this was the one he got me, unaware that the new version is "different" from the revered original. I just finished the tub today so I thought I'd give my two cents on this much-maligned product.

"”"”"”[ Mixability = 8/10 ]"”"”"”
    I have no idea why this thing got low scores because not once did I experience any clumping. I've tried this with water and also milk (best mix!) and everything was fine. But then again I only use one scoop (initially with the 6-8oz of water indicated but eventually raised it to 16oz) and always with a shaker bottle so that probably had a lot to do with it. I deducted a few points to account for guys who put more than 1 scoop or (shudder) still use a spoon.

"”"”"”[ Digestion = 9/10 ]"”"”"”
    No unusual trips for the bathroom for me while using this product. And I even slug it with creatine powder which also has a reputation for septic tank abuse. Again, that could probably be chalked to me not dumping (see what I did there?) so many scoops.

"”"”"”[ Taste = 10/10 ]"”"”"”
    It's sad that I can only go high as 10 because the taste (Chocolate Milk flavor) is nothing short of AMAZING. Granted I haven't tried anything else but compared to the beverages I've taken in the past, this one curb stomps all over them and is healthier. Mixed with milk it's heaven but 95% of the time I do it with water and it's awesome still the same. I actually had my girlfriend take a sip (she's on the fence if she'll buy whey) and the next thing I know she already drank like 2oz and I had to take it away from her LOL.

"”"”"”[ Effectiveness = 8/10 ]"”"”"”
    I'm going to shave a few points since we all know supplements don't have magical powers but I'll say this: without really modifying my diet drastically I put up like 3-4 lbs. of lean muscle, recovery times have improved well and I don't get tired easily as I used to before. Placebo? Perhaps, but I'd like to give a little credit to Myofusion for that.

"”"”"”[ Price = 7/10 ]"”"”"”
    A bit more expensive than your usual whey protein, almost ON-tier pricing.

So in closing, I really, really loved Myofusion Probiotics and don't hesitate to grab one. However I'm going to pick up a different brand next time (which is now, since it's empty! LOL) just to broaden my perspective. But again, don't take that as a negative because this product ROCKS.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quickens Recovery
    • No Clumps
    • Great Mixability
    Zigsdad5
    Rep: -9
      May 21, 2012

I'll start off by saying that I love the old Myofusion. I used it for years, and it always delivered. Now, for the probiotic version. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE The gastrointestinal distress was very severe. This stuff causes the worst farts I have ever had. Straight from HELL. After I used this stuff the first time, the farts started and I had to sleep on my patio that night!! Usually, you get the farts from mass gainers because of the high carb concentration, but this stuff is in a class by itself. Actually, everything turned out good because I started using HumaPro and am extremely happy with it. I gave the Gaspari "farts in a bottle" to someone at work.
     Pros:
     Cons:
      • Keeps You Lonely
      BigArmRyan
        March 27, 2012

I bought a 5 lb tub of this product from a local health food store. 1 rounded scoop (39 grams) is the serving size. There are 58.2 servings per container. Only 2 grams of fat per serving, 9 grams of carbs, and 24 grams of protein. I bought the Milk Chocolate flavor because that has always been my favorite among protein powders.
      Taste 8/10
      The taste of the product is pretty good. As I wrote, I drank Milk Chocolate (Naturally and Artificially flavored). One of the things that attracted me to this product is that there is no Gluten and Apartame in the formula. The product does create thick shakes (especially when blended with milk) so be aware of that before you buy it
      As always, it's hard to tell exactly what a protein powder does because there are no instantaneous results. I fell for the "probiotic" marketing and that it is an advanced six stage protein blend, and supports immune and digestive health. I thought the probiotics and digestive enzymes may aid an increase in protein synthesis. I feel that the product was reasonably effective. I took it stacked with animal rage (which I hated), optimum BCAA powder, and Optimum Creatine Mono.
      Value 8/10
      I bought my 5 pound tub for 52 dollars, which is pretty reasonable. It is a worse value than ON 5 pound 100 percent whey tubs because you yield only 58.2 servings compared to I think 70 with optimum. This is probably because of the carb content in this product (optimum only has 2 grams per scoop I believe). I don't know if the probiotic and digestive enzyme marketing is hype but regardless I fell for it and did enjoy the product.
      I recommend this product. I think if the probiotic and digestive enzymes are effective that is a huge bonus about this product. Regardless, it tasted great when mixed with milk and a banana and I got it for a fairly reasonable price.
      Clipper83
        January 24, 2012

I purchased this after finding out that there was a discount on bb.com. I have heard so much about this protein powder and I personally believe it is all just hype. I was also a big fan of the original Myofusion due to the amazing taste it brought.

Effectiveness- I give this a 10 because it I like the blend it provides. I only use it mornings and post workouts. I found using this as a meal replacement by adding it to oatmeal was great as well. No better than Syntha-6 or other blends but a good blend none of the less. Can even be used as a before bed meal.

Value- As i stated before, I only purchased this because of the discount. I first bought a 2lb. tub to try it out. I just recently purchased a 5lb. tub just because of the discount ($49.99) and another reason I will get to. I just find the original price to be way too expensive. The original price is $86.99, which is way to much for a protein powder. I don't care too much for the probiotics because 500 Million CFU's per 2 scoops is ineffective as it is. Even with Hot Buy at GNC it is "$64.99" while a 5lb. tub of Syntha 6 is $49.99 on "Hot Buy"

What gets on this product is the amazing taste. Myofusion was great, the probiotic series has found a gem taste wise. Cinnamon Roll flavor is the best tasting protein powder I have ever had in my life. I am a fan of strawberry Syntha 6 but this just blew that taste right out of the water. I find myself having more meal replacements with this because of the taste. The taste is a 10/10 which I wish i could give a 12/10 if it were possible.

This will be purchased if there are more discounts on the product. A good protein powder with too much of a price tag. If this were cheaper it would be my staple protein powder. It is kind of sad because this could have gotten a 10/10 overall but the price just drags it down way too much. Buy it if you want the amazing taste of Cinnamon Rolls but other than that, it is not worth the extra $15.

Second review, please tell me how I could have made this review better !