Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Blends > Gaspari Nutrition > Myofusion Probiotic Series

Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Probiotic Series

Myofusion Probiotic Series Gaspari Nutrition
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (23 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 86% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Met-Rx High Protein Pancake Mix Reviews
High Protein Pancake Mix (3 Reviews)
PES Select Protein Reviews
Select Protein (6 Reviews)
9.3
Quest Protein Bars Reviews
Protein Bars (22 Reviews)
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium Reviews
Pro-Antium (25 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

New Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic Series.

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Myofusion Probiotic Series Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Myofusion Probiotic Series Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (12)
  • Tastes Great (12)
  • Quickens Recovery (8)
  • Good Value (6)
  • It Is Expensive (11)
  • Shakes Are Thick (6)
  • Tastes Bad (5)
  • Poor Mixability (4)
March 16, 2012

March 16, 2012
 Homies, i have not reviewed in a little while and i wanted to throw out a good one. As you can tell i bought into the hype of the "probiotic" protein, and i am a staunch believer in myofusion taste/effectiveness. So i gave this a try and it fell far from my expectations.

Effectiveness/Probiotic-Effectiveness-- 6

For a blended protein i love the old myofusion and kept a tub in my stack for years whether bulking or cutting. Then the probiotic series came out and i picked up 2 tubs because i like to gauge effectiveness on a two tub cycle. I used this as a pre workout protein and post. The first week and a half it was great kept me filled up throughout my workout and kept my muscles fed after a workout. But that is where the line was drawn, the next couple weeks this started to give me major stomach discomfort throughout my workouts and also made me run to the bathroom to "drop the kids off" more often than usual. This is where i think the probiotics came into effect. The ingredient list's them as one of the very last ingredients so obviously there is not many probiotics in this protein and it is mostly about Gaspari's ridiculous claim.

Taste--5

For most proteins i stick with chocolate because that seems to be the safe bet for even some of the worse brand companies, but for regular myofusion i have tried pretty much every flavor. With this "probiotic" series i chose the vanilla and chocolate, and they tasted way different than regular Myo. Maybe it was the probiotics or maybe it was the brown rice protein, whatever it was it did not taste as good. The chocolate was better than the vanilla but not by much.

Value-- 7

I picked the two tubs up from allstarhealth for about $80, which is expensive but for 10lbs of protein thats a pretty good deal. BB.com has it for $49.99 but they normally have a bunch of coupons, i wonder why?? On another note i would probably have picked up a 2lb tub to start next time, instead of a 5lb drum of p00biotics.

Overall-- 7

If you love myofusion i wouldn't even risk picking this up and wasting your money. Many of supplement companies reformulate there brand and 9 time out of 10 it is worse than what they already had. Look at SuperPump 250 why the hell would they reformulate that, yes people were crapping there brains out b4 a workout, but it also made for some damn good lifting. Overall i will probably just stick with regular Myofusion from now on, because this is nothing but hype.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Some Good Workouts
  • Regular Myofusion>probiotic Series
AlphandOmega
AlphandOmega

Joined: 12/2011
Reviews: 42
Reputation: +1249
Good review man. Your review reassured me that I wasn't missing out on something spectacular here.

Reply #2:

Joined: 10/2010
Reputation: +2203
Thanks man, while i respect most of Gaspari's products this is not one of them

Reply #3:
3ullD0zer
3ullD0zer

Joined: 7/2009
Reviews: 11
Reputation: +520
Good review man. I picked up a tub of this in cinnamon roll flavor from lockout. $20 for 2 lbs. CR was delicious but I always mixed it in milk. I didn't notice any stomach issues. But I find it rediculous that the first ingredient is the brown rice protein! What a joke, I want a legit whey protein, not some protein from a grain. That's what turned me off and I'll stick with the original.

Reply #4:

Joined: 10/2010
Reputation: +2203
Ya Dozer i dont know why they would use rice instead of whey the bigger companies are starting to cut corners

Reply #5:
AngieW5361
AngieW5361

Joined: 12/2011
Reviews: 20
Reputation: +89
Aw, im taking this right now and im a fan. Cinnamon roll = amazing. But now that you say something I guess I could attribute this product to my digestive issues.. B

January 24, 2012

Reviews: 80

January 24, 2012
 I purchased this after finding out that there was a discount on bb.com. I have heard so much about this protein powder and I personally believe it is all just hype. I was also a big fan of the original Myofusion due to the amazing taste it brought.

Effectiveness- I give this a 10 because it I like the blend it provides. I only use it mornings and post workouts. I found using this as a meal replacement by adding it to oatmeal was great as well. No better than Syntha-6 or other blends but a good blend none of the less. Can even be used as a before bed meal.

Value- As i stated before, I only purchased this because of the discount. I first bought a 2lb. tub to try it out. I just recently purchased a 5lb. tub just because of the discount ($49.99) and another reason I will get to. I just find the original price to be way too expensive. The original price is $86.99, which is way to much for a protein powder. I don't care too much for the probiotics because 500 Million CFU's per 2 scoops is ineffective as it is. Even with Hot Buy at GNC it is "$64.99" while a 5lb. tub of Syntha 6 is $49.99 on "Hot Buy"

What gets on this product is the amazing taste. Myofusion was great, the probiotic series has found a gem taste wise. Cinnamon Roll flavor is the best tasting protein powder I have ever had in my life. I am a fan of strawberry Syntha 6 but this just blew that taste right out of the water. I find myself having more meal replacements with this because of the taste. The taste is a 10/10 which I wish i could give a 12/10 if it were possible.

This will be purchased if there are more discounts on the product. A good protein powder with too much of a price tag. If this were cheaper it would be my staple protein powder. It is kind of sad because this could have gotten a 10/10 overall but the price just drags it down way too much. Buy it if you want the amazing taste of Cinnamon Rolls but other than that, it is not worth the extra $15.

Second review, please tell me how I could have made this review better !
Splintercofo
Splintercofo

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 0
Reputation: 0
Great review dude. I have been using myofusion for about two years now by far my fav protein. And i am starting to use the probiotic next week. But you are seriously over paying me n my buddy just bought two five lbs tubs of probiotic for seventy eight from sb muscle. You should really check that site out cheapest by far just a ill for shipping n does take a week to get.

March 27, 2013

fitdancer

Age: 21

March 27, 2013
 I discover this protein in a supplements store that opened near my hometown.
I wanted to write this review and many others so that I can share my experience with the product because I also like to knw about others opinions and advice.
This protein lasted me less than a month. It's was the 1lb.

Before this product I my protein intake was coming a LOT from egg whites and since my mother was tired seeing me eating so many eggs she agreed to buy me whey protein. She's beginning to understand how much supplements like whey, bcaa's and creatine can influence and improve my performance and goals.

I loved this protein because my last workout of the day is really late so because of the amount of carbs per scoop I would be filled and ready to get to bed as soon as I got home. If my workout ended a bit earlier, I would just eat maybe a turkey in ezequiel bread or with sweet potatos.

Since I had whey protein in my diet I've lost 2% fat and gained 2lbs of muscle.

I don't know when I'll use this product again, but most likely after my cutting phase or if I get a really good deal for it. It's good for a carb cyce diet.

Hope it helps!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • No Clumps
  • Great Mixability
  • It Is Expensive
pxpxp
pxpxp

Joined: 6/2011
Reviews: 20
Reputation: +184
I love ths product. Yummy.

October 11, 2012

UKSTEVE101

Age: 36

October 11, 2012
 Gaspari are basically ripping us off. the Blend in the original was excellent especially after they added the Hydro a few yrs back. I replaced Syntha6 with it. When the new pro Bio came out i was amazed to find out they were discontinuing the Hydro? I instantly smelt a rat.. I examined it and discovered they'd basically cheapend the blend adding cheaper and inferior proteins.. Why mess something up that works? The answer to make more money and presuming the people are stupid! I own my own independent store here in the UK and Gaspari sales have fallen through the floor... Myo and superpump 250 used to be amongst our best sellers. The gaspari section almost as big as BSN. Now we have 3 tubs of Myo Pro bio and tub of superpump max. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot over and over again. Yo samity sam would be jelous..

BSN syntha 6 is a better product and tastes better. But the best blend right now is MP combat, excellent just not too good on the taste...

I fear for Gaspari as a company, they need better ledership. They ballsed up size on, superpump and finally myo.. nothing left to screw up..
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Alright
  • Cheaper Blend Of Protien Than Original
  • It Is Expensive
  • Horrid Gas
September 27, 2012

doWork257

Age: 23

September 27, 2012
 This is a great product. The milk chocolate flavor is AWESOME, I actually look forward to drinking my post wo shake its so good. It mixes very well especially with a blender ball but it is a little more thick than other proteins. Shop around online and you can find a 5 pound tub for around $40, which is a good value compared to similar products. It is hard to judge the effectiveness of this product because I have always used a protein supp. My strength and weight gains have remained consistent though compared to using other proteins so I can say that it is as effective as any other protein out there. The protein profile is great, however, this is the only product of this kind that I know of containing brown rice protein and I do not see how this is benefitial.
  • Shakes Are Thick
September 21, 2012

Ipsissimus

Age: 19

September 21, 2012
 Before I begin my review I'm going to issue a few caveats: 1) This is my first protein powder and as such, 2) I have never tried the original Myofusion. Why did I go with this? Silly mistake, actually. I asked my brother to grab me a tub of whey protein at a shop near him with a list comprising of brands known for their taste. Unfortunately most of my choices were unavailable (Dymatize Elite Whey, BSN Syntha-6) and this was the one he got me, unaware that the new version is "different" from the revered original. I just finished the tub today so I thought I'd give my two cents on this much-maligned product.

———[ Mixability = 8/10 ]———
I have no idea why this thing got low scores because not once did I experience any clumping. I've tried this with water and also milk (best mix!) and everything was fine. But then again I only use one scoop (initially with the 6-8oz of water indicated but eventually raised it to 16oz) and always with a shaker bottle so that probably had a lot to do with it. I deducted a few points to account for guys who put more than 1 scoop or (shudder) still use a spoon.

———[ Digestion = 9/10 ]———
No unusual trips for the bathroom for me while using this product. And I even slug it with creatine powder which also has a reputation for septic tank abuse. Again, that could probably be chalked to me not dumping (see what I did there?) so many scoops.

———[ Taste = 10/10 ]———
It's sad that I can only go high as 10 because the taste (Chocolate Milk flavor) is nothing short of AMAZING. Granted I haven't tried anything else but compared to the beverages I've taken in the past, this one curb stomps all over them and is healthier. Mixed with milk it's heaven but 95% of the time I do it with water and it's awesome still the same. I actually had my girlfriend take a sip (she's on the fence if she'll buy whey) and the next thing I know she already drank like 2oz and I had to take it away from her LOL.

———[ Effectiveness = 8/10 ]———
I'm going to shave a few points since we all know supplements don't have magical powers but I'll say this: without really modifying my diet drastically I put up like 3-4 lbs. of lean muscle, recovery times have improved well and I don't get tired easily as I used to before. Placebo? Perhaps, but I'd like to give a little credit to Myofusion for that.

———[ Price = 7/10 ]———
A bit more expensive than your usual whey protein, almost ON-tier pricing.

So in closing, I really, really loved Myofusion Probiotics and don't hesitate to grab one. However I'm going to pick up a different brand next time (which is now, since it's empty! LOL) just to broaden my perspective. But again, don't take that as a negative because this product ROCKS.
  • Quickens Recovery
September 10, 2012

optiver

Age: 30

September 10, 2012
 I've tried a few protein powders in my time, and I would have to say that the probiotic series is one of my favourites.

It does taste different from the regular Myofusion (which used to be my go to protein powder), but that doesn't mean it tastes bad. And for me, taste is important.

It also doesn't weigh me down and make me feel bloated after I drink it, so I'm guessing that may be to do with the probiotics.

As for the most important factor, does it work? Well, it's something thats quite hard to measure especially when you're always taking protein powder, but I would say that (for me anyways) I am gaining in size and the probiotic series is helping me.
I think this will be my go-to protein for now.
September 7, 2012

Age: 18

September 7, 2012
 Well guys, this is a review I hesitate to do just because I'm going to have to be so negative. First off let me state that I do like most of gaspari's products and I did enjoy the original myofusion. I would never review a product based on my personal expectations but more so on what the product states it does. If it doesn't say its supposed to do something I'm not going to deduct points for it just because I feel it should.

-----------------Taste 2/10------------------
The flavor was cinnamon roll and holy cow was it awful. IMHO this is the worst tasting protein powder I have ever tried. No matter how much milk or water you used it was just aswful. Gaspari is known for having some great tasting shakes but man did they screw up the probiotic series.

---------------Digestion 0/10----------------
Oh man, oh man. With the inclusion of probiotics I was at first like heck yes, finally a protein powder that won't upset my stomach. I was 100% wrong. This upset my stomach every single time I took it. It made me run to the bathroom more than any pre-workout ever has. I'm assuming the probiotics were way under dosed due to poor digestability. I got in trouble at work for smelling so bad. CAUTION: DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT AROUND HOT GIRLS!

------------------Mixability 9/10------------
Nothing to complain about with mixability. No matter how much water/milk I used it always mixed with almost no residue left. A few shakes and you were set to make your toilet never forgive you.

----------------Texture 0/10-----------------
Unless you love horse semen I do not understand how you could enjoy drinking this. It was so thick, just ridiculous. Rich, what did you do to this product man? This was thicker than any gainer shake I've tried. I sometimes mix some whey with a lot of other foods such as oats, peanut butter, fruit and various nuts and it was still thicker then all that blended and I mean way thicker. Imagine taking a discusting type of solid food, putting it in a blender with 3 oz. of liquid and trying to drink it. I'm willing to bet this is thicker than a glass of mud.

----------Ingredient Profile 4/10------------
Not that the ingredients are horrible except it is a little high in carbs but it is used as a MRP so can't complain about that. Everything else looks good until one of the main protein sources is brown rice protein concentrate. What benefit does brown rice protein have? Why would anyone include an incomplete protein source in their product. I 100% blame myself for buying this product.

--------------Would I recommend--------------
Simply put, NO! This is by far the worst protein supplement I have ever spent money on. I just can't imagine why Rich decided to make such a terrible product. The idea behind it is good except for the brown rice concentrate. This product is about as bad as Obama's presidency has been. For most product I'll say give it a try but just please save your money and buy something else.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Cheap
  • No Clumps
  • Horse Semen
  • Farts Drive Away Girls And Get You In Trouble At Work.
  • Tastes Bad
  • Regular Myofusion>probiotic Series
  • Shakes Are Thick
  • Horrid Gas
  • Upset Stomach

Joined: 8/2012
Reputation: +27
I meant to put as a pro that if you hate a girl and can talk her into ATM then consume this product before trying and your set.

Reply #2:

chefneilde

Joined: 3/2010
Reviews: 27
Reputation: +768
epic review - I like your style.
You included horse semen and obama into a review.
I didn't care for this either but even I couldn't say it was as bad as obama. I'll take your word on the semen taste/texture.

Reply #4:

Joined: 1/2012
Reviews: 80
Reputation: +2330
Am I the only one who likes this product? The cinnamon roll is to die for.

Reply #5:
Nutrexpert
Nutrexpert

Joined: 7/2012
Reviews: 23
Reputation: +415
Hahahahaha horse semen!! I would + you 100 times if I could just for that. Though I fail to see how horse semen could be anything but a pro?... 0.o

Reply #6:
markmatt
markmatt

Joined: 1/2012
Reputation: +3
Informative and made me laugh.
A few proteins like Muscle Tech Strawberry, gave me horrible gas too. I cleared out my fellow coworkers in my industrial workplace in November. Had to open all doors, including the garage door since my farts where deadly.

kendrix1

September 3, 2012
 I liked the taste of the product for sure. I just tried one tub and finished it today. Actually it is because of this product i started to post on this website lol. I am going to stick to my Elite 7, but why is there rice protein in this??? I don't want to waste money on something so cheap!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Alright
  • Seems To Be Made Of Fillers Like Rice Crap.
  • It Is Expensive
Heath25
Heath25

Joined: 9/2012
Reviews: 11
Reputation: 0
Accidentally hit the flag. Hope there's no problems from that. I like this product in the cinnamon bun flavor, but I have to agree that I would rather not pay so much for rice protein and whey concentrate.

Hooch7

Age: 26

Greetings from Cyprus.
I 've been a fanatic fan of Myofusion and generally Gaspari products for 2+ years but unfortunately Probiotic wasn't what i expected! To begin with, mix-ability was a bit of an issue when using Myofusion too, but when it comes to Probiotic, things for worst. Furthermore, after consuming the product i was feeling some kind of weight in my stomach, a phenomenon i haven't met when i used other supplements. When it comes to taste, i 've tasted strawberry that wasn't as good as the previous MYofusion version at all, but on the other hand, Probiotic's chocolate flavor impressed me! Of course, being a better version of Myofusion, Probiotic is about 5 euros more expensive. Surely there were benefits at building muscle and helping me improve my overall status but at the end of the day, cons are (much) more than pros.
  • Poor Mixability
  • Regular Myofusion>>>>>>>>>probiotics Series

Have you used Myofusion Probiotic Series? Submit your own Review!