Myofusion Probiotic Series

By Gaspari Nutrition
Myofusion Probiotic Series Gaspari Nutrition
7.1/10
(Weighted average based on 23 Reviews)

Ranks #64 of 68 (better than 6%)
in Protein > Blended Protein
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Mooselini

If you love myofusion i wouldn't even risk picking this up

Homies, i have not reviewed in a little while and i wanted to throw out a good one. As you can tell i bought into the hype of the "probiotic" protein, and i am a staunch believer in myofusion taste/effectiveness. So i gave this a try and it fell far from my expectations.

Effectiveness/Probiotic-Effectiveness--...

Effectiveness/Probiotic-Effectiveness-- 6

For a blended protein i love the old myofusion and kept a tub in my stack for years whether bulking or cutting. Then the probiotic series came out and i picked up 2 tubs because i like to gauge effectiveness on a two tub cycle. I used this as a pre workout protein and post. The first week and a half it was great kept me filled up throughout my workout and kept my muscles fed after a workout. But that is where the line was drawn, the next couple weeks this started to give me major stomach discomfort throughout my workouts and also made me run to the bathroom to "drop the kids off" more often than usual. This is where i think the probiotics came into effect. The ingredient list's them as one of the very last ingredients so obviously there is not many probiotics in this protein and it is mostly about Gaspari's ridiculous claim.

Taste--5

For most proteins i stick with chocolate because that seems to be the safe bet for even some of the worse brand companies, but for regular myofusion i have tried pretty much every flavor. With this "probiotic" series i chose the vanilla and chocolate, and they tasted way different than regular Myo. Maybe it was the probiotics or maybe it was the brown rice protein, whatever it was it did not taste as good. The chocolate was better than the vanilla but not by much.

Value-- 7

I picked the two tubs up from allstarhealth for about $80, which is expensive but for 10lbs of protein thats a pretty good deal. BB.com has it for $49.99 but they normally have a bunch of coupons, i wonder why?? On another note i would probably have picked up a 2lb tub to start next time, instead of a 5lb drum of p00biotics.

Overall-- 7

If you love myofusion i wouldn't even risk picking this up and wasting your money. Many of supplement companies reformulate there brand and 9 time out of 10 it is worse than what they already had. Look at SuperPump 250 why the hell would they reformulate that, yes people were crapping there brains out b4 a workout, but it also made for some damn good lifting. Overall i will probably just stick with regular Myofusion from now on, because this is nothing but hype.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Some Good Workouts
  • Regular Myofusion>probiotic Series

Posted March 16, 2012
Good review man. Your review reassured me that I wasn't missing out on something spectacular here.

Posted March 16, 2012
Thanks man, while i respect most of Gaspari's products this is not one of them

Posted March 16, 2012
Good review man. I picked up a tub of this in cinnamon roll flavor from lockout. $20 for 2 lbs. CR was delicious but I always mixed it in milk. I didn't notice any stomach issues. But I find it rediculous that the first ingredient is the brown rice protein! What a joke, I want a legit whey protein, not some protein from a grain. That's what turned me off and I'll stick with the original.

Posted March 16, 2012
Ya Dozer i dont know why they would use rice instead of whey the bigger companies are starting to cut corners

Posted March 16, 2012
Aw, im taking this right now and im a fan. Cinnamon roll = amazing. But now that you say something I guess I could attribute this product to my digestive issues.. B

WarMachine

Upset Stomach with other foods-

Many of you may already know that I am a huge fan of the original Myofusion. For quite a while, it was my protein of choice. When Gaspari came out with this version enhanced with probiotics I was somewhat indifferent about this idea. I figured that was the same myofusion, but with an added benefit. Nevertheless, I was disappointed by this product on several levels

Taste (8): The two pound tub comes in three flavors while the five pound tub comes in more varieties. The only flavor I tried was the milk chocolate and I found it to be acceptable. It was somewhat lacking in comparison to the original's chocolate flavor. I have not tried the other flavors some I cannot comment on those, my apologies.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop (39 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 58.2

Calcium
Vitamin C
Iron

Ingredients:
Myofusion Pro Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, Milk Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), Taurine, Glucose Polymer, Cocoa Powder (Dutch Process), L-Glutamine, Nondairy Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Lactase, GanedenBC (Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086).

With the exception of the probiotics, it doesn't differ much from the original.

Value (4): A two pound tub is about 23-25 dollars. Seems cheap to some, but for the lack of effectiveness this product delivered, that is a bit unacceptable. A five pound tub will set you back roughly 44 dollars. If the product works for you, perhaps that is not the most expensive considering you get about 59 servings in the five pound quantity. In contrast, the lack of effectiveness that I received from this product makes that price much too high.

Quality (5): The general quality of this protein is poor in my opinion. The mixability and consistency were both weak points. There was never a time where I would prepare this shake and not have clumps of the protein stuck on the bottom of my shaker or swimming in the liquid undissolved. I would have to use a utensil just to ensure everything would get properly mixed in the shake without getting stuck on the bottom. In addition, the consistency of the shake would get excessively thick at times when I would use milk in efforts to improve taste. Using milk does indeed improve the taste and even helped a little in mixability. Though, the resulting thickness makes this shake somewhat difficult to drink even on an empty stomach. Never had these problems with the original, especially when milk was used.

Effectiveness (2): Here is where the real nuke on this product gets detonated. To be specific and analytical, I will list and describe each problem one by one.

1. Horrid Gas- I was blasting more farts than a fat guy at an all you can eat cheese buffet while on this crap. Almost every 5 minutes, I was smelling my own bran to the point where I would want to detach my own backside from my body and throw it away. You would not have wanted to be in the same room with me. You'd probably think you were in a SAW trap. Imagine this problem on your leg days. It was only after popping some Beano tabs that I was able to control this. This was the only instance where I was glad I wasn't in a relationship with a girl. Had I been, she would've left me in ten minutes tops. Here is how a conversation between me and a girl I just met would've sounded like had I engaged in one while on this:

"High Jessica (we'll use this name since it's common in my hometown) my name is *pffft*. You look very *pffft* pretty today. I enjoy long walks on the *pffft* beach, working out *pffft*, and learning about human *pffft* anatomy".

I think by this time she would just walk away.

2. Episodes of sudden "emergencies"- There were instances where the urge to evacuate would just arise out of nowhere. This happened a few times during my workouts and there is nothing more frustrating then having your workouts interrupted for such a reason. Thankfully, this never happened during squats. A couple of times, this happened in the middle of the night, interrupting my sleep at times.

3. Upset Stomach with other foods- I guess those probiotics don't like other foods. There were some periods in which eating regular food gave me a nauseous feeling almost to the point of vomiting. I never vomited but it was just a scary thought whenever I was eating a well balanced home cooked meal, only to have it upset my stomach.

Now some of you are probably thinking to yourselves, "well warmachine, maybe you over did it with the probiotics from the other sources?". Well my SR brethren, I thought this myself and decided to test this theory. I stopped consuming foods with probiotics (i. e yogurt and even some other shakes) and used myofusion PS as my only source. Unfortunately, the ill-effects continued, confirming that my body simply was not reacting well to this supplement whatsoever. To further support this, when I discontinued myofusion PS, the ill-effects
began to subside almost immediately.

Overall (4): I am a true believer in the "we all react differently fact". As such, I am giving this a four because I believe it has the potential, like all supplements, to work for others and benefit from the probiotics. I simply was not one of those users. I would recommend that if you have used the original myofusion, stick with it as long as you can still obtain it. If not, try a free sample of this stuff first before buying. Otherwise, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tastes Alright
  • Regular Myofusion>>>>>>>>>probiotics Series
  • Horrid Gas
  • Upset Stomach
  • It Is Expensive
  • Shakes Are Thick

Cray

Posted July 1, 2012
Hahahaha. I LOL'ed hard at "evacuate". Great review.

Knox541

Posted July 1, 2012
Try the everlast protein, I really like it and I also loved the original myofusion. SW.com has 5 lbs of this stuff for 23$

hulkish1

Posted July 1, 2012
i guess they should have left the original alone

Kevn

This is by far the worst protein supplement I have ever spent money on

Well guys, this is a review I hesitate to do just because I'm going to have to be so negative. First off let me state that I do like most of gaspari's products and I did enjoy the original myofusion. I would never review a product based on my personal expectations but more so on what the product states it does. If it doesn't say its supposed to do something I'm not going to deduct points for it just because I feel it should.

-----------------Taste 2/10------------------
The flavor was cinnamon roll and holy cow was it awful. IMHO this is the worst tasting protein powder I have ever tried. No matter how much milk or water you used it was just aswful. Gaspari is known for having some great tasting shakes but man did they screw up the probiotic series.

---------------Digestion 0/10----------------
Oh man, oh man. With the inclusion of probiotics I was at first like heck yes, finally a protein powder that won't upset my stomach. I was 100% wrong. This upset my stomach every single time I took it. It made me run to the bathroom more than any pre-workout ever has. I'm assuming the probiotics were way under dosed due to poor digestability. I got in trouble at work for smelling so bad. CAUTION: DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT AROUND HOT GIRLS!

------------------Mixability 9/10------------
Nothing to complain about with mixability. No matter how much water/milk I used it always mixed with almost no residue left. A few shakes and you were set to make your toilet never forgive you.

----------------Texture 0/10-----------------
Unless you love horse semen I do not understand how you could enjoy drinking this. It was so thick, just ridiculous. Rich, what did you do to this product man? This was thicker than any gainer shake I've tried. I sometimes mix some whey with a lot of other foods such as oats, peanut butter, fruit and various nuts and it was still thicker then all that blended and I mean way thicker. Imagine taking a discusting type of solid food, putting it in a blender with 3 oz. of liquid and trying to drink it. I'm willing to bet this is thicker than a glass of mud.

----------Ingredient Profile 4/10------------
Not that the ingredients are horrible except it is a little high in carbs but it is used as a MRP so can't complain about that. Everything else looks good until one of the main protein sources is brown rice protein concentrate. What benefit does brown rice protein have? Why would anyone include an incomplete protein source in their product. I 100% blame myself for buying this product.

--------------Would I recommend--------------
Simply put, NO! This is by far the worst protein supplement I have ever spent money on. I just can't imagine why Rich decided to make such a terrible product. The idea behind it is good except for the brown rice concentrate. This product is about as bad as Obama's presidency has been. For most product I'll say give it a try but just please save your money and buy something else.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Cheap
  • No Clumps
  • Horse Semen
  • Farts Drive Away Girls And Get You In Trouble At Work.
  • Tastes Bad
  • Regular Myofusion>probiotic Series
  • Horrid Gas
  • Upset Stomach

Kevn

Posted September 7, 2012
I meant to put as a pro that if you hate a girl and can talk her into ATM then consume this product before trying and your set.

Gkeezy

This protein sucks. Worthless. Waste of money for me

Posted September 7, 2012
epic review - I like your style.
You included horse semen and obama into a review.
I didn't care for this either but even I couldn't say it was as bad as obama. I'll take your word on the semen taste/texture.

Clipper83

Posted September 7, 2012
Am I the only one who likes this product? The cinnamon roll is to die for.

Posted September 7, 2012
Hahahahaha horse semen!! I would + you 100 times if I could just for that. Though I fail to see how horse semen could be anything but a pro?... 0.o

Posted September 8, 2012
Informative and made me laugh.
A few proteins like Muscle Tech Strawberry, gave me horrible gas too. I cleared out my fellow coworkers in my industrial workplace in November. Had to open all doors, including the garage door since my farts where deadly.

BigBird

I would recommend this product to anyone

I am going to start by saying I was very skeptical about taking another product from Gaspari Nutrition. One of the first pre-workout supplements I took was Superpump 250 and as soon as I would put the shaker down I was headed straight for the bathroom. Despite my previous experience with the brand I bought it anyways and I am happy I did.
Before we get to the meat and potatoes of the review let's start with the ingredients. Once serving of MyoFusion PBS contains 24g of six different types of protein: Whey Concentrate, Brown Rice Protein, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin and Whey Protein Hydrolysate. Also, one serving of MyoFusion PBS contains about nine grams of Essential Amino Acids: Leucine, Isoleucine, Tryptophan, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Lysine and Histidine. MyoFusion PBS also contains Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086, which is a Gram-positive spore-forming bacterium. After it is germinated it produces L+ lactic acid. L+ lactic acid is supporting good bacteria in the gut, displacing non-beneficial bacteria to support immune and digestive health. MyoFusion PBS is Gluten, Aspartame and artificial coloring free. Some protein blends which contain too much Aspartame can give me horrible headaches.

I generally would take a single scoop in the morning right after waking to kick start my metabolism. I am a huge breakfast fan, and when I miss breakfast the rest of my day is practically ruined. With some protein powders I have taken in the past would leave me with gas and a bloated feeling. I would finish getting ready for work and by the time breakfast rolled around I wasn't uncomfortable to where I couldn't eat. The second serving of the day was taken intra/post workout. I generally snack all day, but I stop about an hour prior to my workout. I tend to get a little hungry, discovered if as soon as I finish my Modern BCAA and start drinking my protein I do not quiet have that depleted feeling when leaving the gym. It would also provide me with enough energy to want to take any short cuts by skipping abs or cardio. The shake is a little thick, doesn't leave you feeling full so you can take it intra-workout. Right before bed I would also take another scoop. I have done this in the past with other protein powders and I normally would have to get up in the middle of the night to alleviate myself if you will.

Taste 7/10
Okay, my favorite protein is CytoSport Monster Milk Cake Batter, it tastes like a milk shake and I have had good results when I was trying to bulk up in the past. That being said I have high standards for taste, but the Nutrition Facts are what's important when you are trying to cut weight. The first time I had it was just as a meal replacement right after I bought it. I thought I was going to gag! It took everything I had to force it down. In my opinion it is a little bitter and has a chalky texture. After the first week and forcing myself to drink it I started noticing it was getting better. I do not if my taste buds had change or what, but the last few shakes started tasting good. So I decided six was too low and giving an eight would be too high.

Mixability: 6/10
This protein blend does not mix very well in my opinion. I would put two scoops in 16 oz of water and then fill the shaker up to the top with water. It was still pretty thick, even after drinking a couple ounces and putting more water in it was still a little thick. When it comes to supplement I am all about simplicity; add water consume, not add water, add more water consume and repeat.

Cons:
I have already gone into a few of them so let's not beat a dead horse. It isn't the best tasting and doesn't mix well.

I would consume four servings a day. There are 58.2 servings per container, which would last me about a month. I do not usually take protein shakes on my off days (weekends) I normally just replace them with a meal or a protein bar if I am running errands. I have no problem spending a little extra money if I do not have to go back to store when I run out before the month is over.

I would recommend this product to anyone. When it comes to protein I know everyone's body responds a different way, this is one that worked great for me. The extra steps I took to thin it out kind of brought the overall score down.

I hope I provided some good insight for people who are considering Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion Probiotic Series. Thank you for reading!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Quickens Recovery
  • Tastes Alright

Maxima

Posted August 19, 2012
Nice review man!

Virtus

Posted August 19, 2012
Very good review

killaz5

Overall, I don't think I will be switching my protein shake very soon

As an avid user of Optimum nutritions line of proteins for years, I owe this protein a review.

The Probiotic Series has a much lower rating then the regular protein, and I have no clue why. This has defiantly become my favorite protein hands down!

This is a blend of of...

This is a blend of of 6 different proteins, including whey concentrate, whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey, brown rice, egg albumin, and milk protein isolate. I think the blend is very efficient at sustained release of the protein for the whole hour window after a workout when I chug my protein right after lifting. It also contains Bacillus coagulans, which is to support healthy digestive and immune health. It has only 2 grams of fat and 9 carbs, but I believe the carbs are a good thing to help replenish glycogen the muscles, even on a cut, the carbs are not going to kill you.

Taste & Mixability: 9.0 -I know everyone says it doesnt matter, but lets be honest, Ive drank a lot of supps that horrendous and work great. But tasting great and being effective is always a plus. I had the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I buy it every time because it was so good. The first shake was much thicker then I am used to, but I swear it grows on you. I personally think this is the best tasting shake Ive ever had. I always mix with water and it mixes great, a few extra shakes here and there but very good absorption. With milk you need to shake a little harder, but it tastes just like a chocolate milk shake with peanut butter. The creamy texture is excellent.

Effectiveness:-9.6 I am half way through my third tub now, and I have say for the few days when I wait for it to be shipped that I dont take it, I defiantly noticed a increase in soreness. It's nothing to crazy, but it was noticeable. I never noticed to much difference if i ever skipped a post workout shake with Gold standard, but with Myofusion I did. I work out 5 days a week or more, very intense, and this defiantly aided in my recovery.

As for the probiotic, I have always had minor stomach problems ever since I got salmonella twice in a row a few years ago(well it never went away the first time) and was recommend to take some probiotic. I actually went in to the store to buy the regular myofusion and didnt even realize It was the probiotic version until I got home with it. Glad I did. Most shakes, even including ON usually give me some stomach aches, or have me exploding the bathroom. This did the exact opposite. I has helped my digestive system, and I never felt any side effects of bloating or cramping/ nausea/ runs with this product.

Value: 9.2- you can get a 5 pound tub for 42 bucks which is 58 servings. I do share this with my brother sometimes, but it still lasted over a month with the two of us using it. But at 42 bucks, I believe its about 72 cents a serving, which isnt bad in my book. I think you can get a bigger one for an even better value. For what it does, I believe this is very fairly priced.

I take creatine, a pwo, and several other staple supps as well, and have gained some solid muscle in the past few months. I am not saying this protein alone got me gains, but I do believe that a good shake is defiantly a great way to maximize you're protein intake. With a good diet and hard work, this shake aids my recovery and growth.

Overall, I don't think I will be switching my protein shake very soon, although I am going to venture and try the strawberry and cream flavor next. If you haven't tried this yet, give it a go you wont be disappointed.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Quickens Recovery

ojq79

This is one of the best tasting shakes I have ever had

When I first heard about Myfusion Probiotic I thought I would give it a try. I have used other Gaspari Products before and I have liked them even though I only currently use Myfusion. After purchasing a 2 pound container I thought I would use it that night as a before bed shake to see if I want to use the product during the day or at night. I like using the shake as my last meal of the day of course it is up to you when you want to use it.

Probiotics- They have become really popular over the last two years with every product that has them advertising it. Just like any other trend it has become popular in the fitness world as well with all the benefits it has it would make senese why. If probiotcis is something that you currently use or wouldn't mind supplementing your current diet with this product will help a little.

Mixing-Texture 9.0/10.0

I really like how well Myofusion in general mixes but the probiotic series actually mixes a little bit better. It seems smoother then other shakes, it didn't clump, and it wasn't grainy either. It mixed really well with mix and water also I didn't notice any difference when I changed between the two.

Taste 10.0/10.0

This is one of the best tasting shakes I have ever had and the best tasting shake Gaspari has made. The milk chocolate flavor is the one I choose and was glad it was very decadent for a protein shake. It tasted almost like a mousse or a fine pudding more so than anything. I was pleasantly suprised by the taste.

Ingredients 7.0/10.0

It has a lot of the same ingredients as other Myofusion products except this one has GanadenBC Probiotic and the others don't. That is the main difference between this and other shakes available right now but this is what also hurts the value of the product also. It only offers 500 million CFU per serving which is two scoops. Compare to a product like NOW probiotics that has 25 billion per serving. If you are using this as your only source of probiotics then it won't help you much. If you use it to supplement your diet then it is ok.

Value 7.0/10.0

It is more expensive then regular Myofusion because of the probiotics. $15 difference for the 5 pound tub and $5 difference for the 2 pound tub. If you look at how much probiotics you are actually getting then it seems expensive when you can purchase any other along with some probiotics on the side which have a lot more for the same price.

Overall 7.0/10.0

While the product mixes well, has great texture, and taste it falls just short of being a great product. Between the price and the little amount of probiotics you get per serving it is hard to give it high marks. I don't mind spending the extra cash on a product if it is worth it but when I know I can purchase probiotics seperately and add them to any other shake for the same price while receiving more probiotics hurts this product. Overall it is a good solid product I would recommend it on flavor and texture alone but not if you are just looking to add a lot more probiotics to your diet.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Quickens Recovery

Posted December 19, 2011
    Overall 7.0/10.0? Lol! Huh?

It should have 8.25/10.0

You take the average of the previous scores given in the other categories to determine an overall/average score.

You don't just arbitrarily pick some random number out of thin air and assign it as an overall score.

ojq79

Yes a 7.0/10.0
    Overall:7.0/10.0
    Effectiveness:8.0/10.0
    Value:7.0/10.0
    Makes it a 7.0/10.0

Gotcha ojq79...

The way you formatted your review, I assumed your mixing-texture, taste, ingredients and value ratings: 9, 10, 7, 7 were determining your overall.

The results I gained off of it were decent

The results I gained off of it were decent, I'm trying to gain muscle so I'm using Dark Matter and Myofusion probiotic. I didn't get huge but I made noticeable gains. I tend to have a fairly slow metabolism so I was surprised the protein didnt just sit in my stomach like most protein blends so it definitely helps aid with digestion. As for immunity, I hardly ever get sick but it's December and I'm not sick yet so it's probably safe to say it helps support immunity as well. On the other hand I didn't notice the probiotics help with my internal plumbing, I'm not saying I want to be stuck on the toilet all day but they could probably have added at least 25 billion CFU to the protein, 250 million CFU per scoop is an extremely minescule amount and isn't that helpful if you're looking to replenish beneficial bacteria to help with digestion and immunity. GNC's ultra probiotic complex or CoreLab's advanced probiotic are both good supplements you could take with Myofusion Probiotic protein. On a positive note its mixability is on par with a pure whey isolate protein. I threw a scoop in a water bottle and shook it up and had no clumps whatsoever. Though the real deal maker with Myofusion Probiotic
    protein is it's taste. I say this conservatively it's THE BEST TASTING PROTEIN...EVER!!! It will probably win best tasting protein for at least three consecutive years. I had always loved Elite Gourmet and Wheybolic, never got the chance to try the original Myofusion but the new Myofusion knocks the socks off of Elite Gourmet and Wheybolic. The flavor is hard to explain but the milk chocolate has the richness of chocolate pudding but without the consistency of pudding. It's honestly black magic. I must say I was never a fan of any Gaspari products except their multi Anavite because it's the only multi with the most asorbable form of B12, methylcolbamin, but I am now a firm believer in Gadpari protein powders. Even if I get fat and old I'll still buy the new Myofusion for a midnight snack or dessert. It's honestly that good, prepare to be impressed.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quickens Recovery
    • Adequately Priced...for Now
    • Once People Realize How Good It Is The Price Will Skyrocket

Joshuaco

Posted December 17, 2011
    Like how you mentioned that the probiotics are at a real minimum in this. 250 Million is very very small.

Posted December 17, 2011
    @Josh
    I assume its the clinical minimum dose. Some products are way under-dosed. At least it meets the minimum? I'm not a chemist but I love Gaspari Products and find it hard that he's under-dosing. Just my humble opinion.

I love the old Myofusion

I'll start off by saying that I love the old Myofusion. I used it for years, and it always delivered. Now, for the probiotic version. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE The gastrointestinal distress was very severe. This stuff causes the worst farts I have ever had. Straight from HELL. After I used this stuff the first time, the farts started and I had to sleep on my patio that night!! Usually, you get the farts from mass gainers because of the high carb concentration, but this stuff is in a class by itself. Actually, everything turned out good because I started using HumaPro and am extremely happy with it. I gave the Gaspari "farts in a bottle" to someone at work.

Pros:
    Cons:
      • Keeps You Lonely

I really, really loved Myofusion Probiotics

Before I begin my review I'm going to issue a few caveats: 1) This is my first protein powder and as such, 2) I have never tried the original Myofusion. Why did I go with this? Silly mistake, actually. I asked my brother to grab me a tub of whey protein at a shop near him with a list comprising of brands known for their taste. Unfortunately most of my choices were unavailable (Dymatize Elite Whey, BSN Syntha-6) and this was the one he got me, unaware that the new version is "different" from the revered original. I just finished the tub today so I thought I'd give my two cents on this much-maligned product.

"”"”"”[ Mixability = 8/10 ]"”"”"”
      I have no idea why this thing got low scores because not once did I experience any clumping. I've tried this with water and also milk (best mix!) and everything was fine. But then again I only use one scoop (initially with the 6-8oz of water indicated but eventually raised it to 16oz) and always with a shaker bottle so that probably had a lot to do with it. I deducted a few points to account for guys who put more than 1 scoop or (shudder) still use a spoon.

"”"”"”[ Digestion = 9/10 ]"”"”"”
      No unusual trips for the bathroom for me while using this product. And I even slug it with creatine powder which also has a reputation for septic tank abuse. Again, that could probably be chalked to me not dumping (see what I did there?) so many scoops.

"”"”"”[ Taste = 10/10 ]"”"”"”
      It's sad that I can only go high as 10 because the taste (Chocolate Milk flavor) is nothing short of AMAZING. Granted I haven't tried anything else but compared to the beverages I've taken in the past, this one curb stomps all over them and is healthier. Mixed with milk it's heaven but 95% of the time I do it with water and it's awesome still the same. I actually had my girlfriend take a sip (she's on the fence if she'll buy whey) and the next thing I know she already drank like 2oz and I had to take it away from her LOL.

"”"”"”[ Effectiveness = 8/10 ]"”"”"”
      I'm going to shave a few points since we all know supplements don't have magical powers but I'll say this: without really modifying my diet drastically I put up like 3-4 lbs. of lean muscle, recovery times have improved well and I don't get tired easily as I used to before. Placebo? Perhaps, but I'd like to give a little credit to Myofusion for that.

"”"”"”[ Price = 7/10 ]"”"”"”
      A bit more expensive than your usual whey protein, almost ON-tier pricing.

So in closing, I really, really loved Myofusion Probiotics and don't hesitate to grab one. However I'm going to pick up a different brand next time (which is now, since it's empty! LOL) just to broaden my perspective. But again, don't take that as a negative because this product ROCKS.

• Great Mixability
      • No Clumps
      • It Is Expensive

There were benefits at building muscle but cons are more than pros

Greetings from Cyprus.
      Greetings from Cyprus.
      I 've been a fanatic fan of Myofusion and generally Gaspari products for 2+ years but unfortunately Probiotic wasn't what i expected! To begin with, mix-ability was a bit of an issue when using Myofusion too, but when it comes to Probiotic, things for worst. Furthermore, after consuming the product i was feeling some kind of weight in my stomach, a phenomenon i haven't met when i used other supplements. When it comes to taste, i 've tasted strawberry that wasn't as good as the previous MYofusion version at all, but on the other hand, Probiotic's chocolate flavor impressed me! Of course, being a better version of Myofusion, Probiotic is about 5 euros more expensive. Surely there were benefits at building muscle and helping me improve my overall status but at the end of the day, cons are (much) more than pros.

• Regular Myofusion>>>>>>>>>probiotics Series