This product has been reported as discontinued.

Halodrol

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

6.9
10 3

Halodrol is a Prohormone manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss. This product has been reported as discontinued.
COMPARE SIMILAR

MCSyd

January 15, 2011

Did an 8-week cycle of this awhile back. Stacked it with Novadex XT and Anadraulic State. Was trying to run an 'over the counter' cycle to add some muscle mass.

First off: depending what country you're buying this in, it may/may not contain DHEA. I live in Australia and that blend does NOT... which sucks. So you're basically relying on the Archodonic Acid to do work for you without a PH kicker (DHEA). I took a bunch of Flax & Fish Oil on this, to make sure my Omega fats were in check. Read more in-depth reviews on this topic - from memory, your body needs to keep a certain ratio between Omega 6s and 9s and the AA throw this off, so you need to supplement Flax and Fish Oil to balance it out & keep the ratio. I also took Milk Thistle 3x daily for liver support.

IMPORTANT!!!
This product (of the combination of what I took; although I've run Novadex on its own since without problem) really tightens up your muscles in a bad way... Yes you want a good pump in your muscles when you train, but I found that as week went on, muscles like my pecs would get EXTREMELY tight while training chest. Felt like the muscles were dehydrated and weren't lubricated or something. In case you're wondering, I drink 4-6 liters water/day, so I hydrate enough... About Week 5 into my cycle I was training chest and I had the usual 'tight pecs' while lifting. While pushing 275lbs on flat (heaviest set is 295-315) my left pec tore about 5 reps into my set. Thankfully wasn't a complete rupture, more like a rip down the length of the muscle fibres between upper pec & main pec. Went on some Celebrex for awhile thereafter and kept training and finished up my cycle (obviously didn't train left pec for awhile).

That was about 18 months ago now, pec fully recovered. Point though: I had been training 15 years and have NEVER torn a muscle when training. That alone, I would NOT ever take this product again or recommend it to anyone else. With the huge array of other options out there to chose from, go with something else. A product that doens't work well is one thing, but a product that fk's you up is another. Could have been the Anadraulic State that caused the muscle tightness, but I doubt it. I know it wasn't the Novadex XT...

Prodcut did help me put on a bit of size though (mabye 5 pounds muscle). I really like Gaspari's other products so it's nothing against the manufacturer...

• Under-dosed
texasmade89
  December 3, 2010

This was my first natural test booster. I took it when I was a naive 19 year old, for $59.99 at Max Muscle.

I took 3 pills a day for the whole cycle. I experienced some strange side effects. Some days it made me feel tired, although during workouts I had clean energy.

During the 3rd week, I started seeing more vascularity and slight strength increases. I occasionally experienced a light euphoria.
I was hoping this product would increase my appetite but it did not.

This product is very under-dosed. I've heard people taking up to 6 pills of this a day, when the max dose is 3 and then feeling it.

-Arachidonic Acid: Has been shown to positively affect the androgen receptors; as well as having an affect on multiple human growth factors (IGF-1/2). Neurological health is reliant upon sufficient amounts of this fatty acid in the brain. It is necessary for the repair/growth of muscle and skeletal tissue.

-It also contains a small amount of DHEA, which does not appear to be even close to enough to promote any muscle building effects. According to the company, DHEA is suppose to work in synergy with the other components to increase muscle hypertrophy.

-It contains Stinging Nettle Root, that has been scientifically proven to be a libido enhancer and to increase bio-available test.

-Ecdysterone: These type of sterones are suppose to have beneficial effects on performance and physique. Studies have shown they can cause a shift in nitrogen retention, which is an indicator of muscle hypertrophy.

In conclusion, the ingredients are potent; but this Ultimately does not matter due to how under-dosed this product is. Maybe if you ran it for longer than a month, your results would be better but I seriously doubt it. I would not recommend this product to anyone; I would suggest buying the ingredients individually.
  • Training Intensity
  • I Could Get The Same Ecdysterone From Eating Raw Spinach
  • Gave Me Fatigue
  • Under-dosed

• averagejoe98
    December 3, 2010

Did your formula have the 6-oxo?
  • texasmade89

Yes it did.
    Just to finish up on my review. 6-OXO increases the testosterone to estrogen ration but has not shown to have any effect on body composition.
chichistrong

September 19, 2010

This product is not a horrible product, but trust me. If you have used strong stuff in the past (cough cough pro-hormones and its big brothers) this is just gonna tickle your left nut.
The product works, but not like WOW!, I was looking a lil fuller in my muscles, and my strength was more constant. I was recovering a lil quicker from my workoutss as well, but it wasnt worth it. It is ridiculously expensive, and the name is decieving. I thought it was like the less harsh, but just as good cousin of H-Drol and so it claim to be. And since I was a naive fool, I fell $65.00 for it. Seriously not worth that price.
One thing, though, I believe that if you combine this supplement with some real hardcore supplements you will prolly see a benefit, since ecdysterone has a lot of benefits in your body. Just be wise and buy a cheap one.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Training Intensity
  • Good Recovery
  • I Could Get The Same Ecdysterone From Eating Raw Spinach
  • Without Spending $65.00

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.