Anavite Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #6 of 27 (better than 81%) in
Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Anavite is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.
COMPARE SIMILAR

LonnieJ2
  October 11, 2012

Overall - 9 (Nothing is perfect)
Effectiveness - 9
Value - 9 (Depends on where you get it)

I notice that many people compare this product to animal pak and opti-men, but my hope with this review is to explain why anavite is different than the rest. I will first start with my review on its quality traits – muscle recovery, fat metabolism, and increase testosterone levels.

Muscle Recovery – 8/10
Considering that this product is a multivitamin a 8/10 is pretty darn good. I like the fact that you get a large dose of beta-alanine in each serving. I take three tablets after a workout and three tablets sometime after lunch. I don't mind the tingle, but I also take it with food. From my research I don't see why more products are not using beta-alanine. I know a few guys who do not like the tingle, but I mean the research backing it should be enough to get past that. I notice that my recovery time has increase tremendously.

Fat metabolism - 6/10
Carnitine tartrate was a product that I was taking as a standalone and was grateful to find it in anavite. I noticed that when I was taking it as a standalone that my energy levels were up and it worked decently as a non stimulant fat burner. To be honest is saves me money to by anavite, instead of buying a multi and carnitine tartrate. I notice a better result in my metabolism while using anavite than using just carnipure (carnitine tartrate).

Increase testosterone – 6/10
Nitraflex was the first company to really push boron, but they labeled under some scientific jargon to trick people into thinking it was something greater than it really is. Boron is one of those products that has been back and forth on whether or not it is truly effective at rainging test levels. For me personally I really did notice that my libido shoot up when I first started taking this. (side note: carnitine is good for developing healthy semen and carnosine and help with nitric oxide production – all good things for sex).

How does it compare to the rest?
Anavite works differently than Optimen and Animal Pak. I like Animal Pak, and I haven't fully jumped on the band wagon with optimen. Animal Pak is a great pack of vitamins but, I don't think it helps with recovery as much as anavite, but I think the plant sterols are what really make animal work so well.

AlphandOmega
      September 24, 2012

Alright here's the review that I've been waiting to do for awhile, as I wanted to save (hopefully) the best for last. I've never used any Gaspari products before other than some samples of the old Myofusion formula until taking Anavite. But, I was very much impressed with Anavite and as of now, it is tied with CL Orange Triad in terms of being my favorite multivitamin product.

Content:

Link to Profile: https://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=1962&zenid=5481a628054cde5fa36fb13cb516a565

Ok this is going look to like I'm copying from my OT review in this section. But, Anavite and Orange Triad are pretty much identical in terms of quality and amount of ingredients.

Anavite contains Vitamins C, the fat soluble Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamins B1,B2,B3,B5,B6, and B12. Along with Folate (Folic Acid) and Biotin. All 13 of these are the key basic vitamins that are recommended when looking for a good multi. All 13 vitamins are also dosed at/or above Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA).

All vitamins are listed in their chemical form.
    Vitamin C is dosed at 833% of RDA at full serving size.
    Vitamin D is present in its natural form as Cholecalciferol at 500 IU.
    Vitamin E is present in one of its natural form as D-Alpha-Tocopherol at 60 IU

All of the minerals, except Calcium and Phosphorous, are all in Chelated form as either Chelates or Citrates, offering better absorption over oxidized forms.
    Anavite is also Iron free, and at full serving, contains 50mcg of Boron, 2,000mg of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (Carnipure), and 3,200 mg of Beta Alanine.

Side Effects:
    The only side effects I noticed from Anavite were Beta Alanine tingles and neon yellow pee as a result of my body flushing excess B vitamins, both of which are naturally occurring. So nothing to complain about.

Dosing/Taste: N/A
    As recommended on the bottle, I started with taking 3 tablets (1 serving) with breakfast and another serving somewhere in the afternoon/dinnertime. But, with advice from one of the expert reviewers on this site, I begin taking only 1 serving in the mornings or somewhere 2-3 hours before working out. Which subsequently made the bottle last nearly twice as long and I couldn't tell a difference in terms of effectiveness.

The Anavite tablets are kind of large so they may be harder to swallow for some people. But should go down easily enough with plenty of water. Throughout my experience with Anavite, I never experienced any kind of weird/funky aftertastes or anything of that nature.

Overall Effectiveness: 8/10
    I'm going to break this section down into two different subsequent categories.

Energy/Endurance: 8/10
    Now I don't usually rate this aspect for multivitamin products. However I feel Anavite definitely deserves some credit for the extra boost I felt when using this product. As compared to my past arsenal of multivitamins, I feel Anavite put an extra bounce in my step in and out of the gym. As well as helping to increase the effects of the pre-workouts I was using at the time. As I felt a small increase of endurance and energy during my workouts as compared to days when I didn't take Anavite close to my workouts. Of course this could just have all been in my head. But, with Anavite packing a more than fair dosage of Beta Alanine and Carnipure, I'm going to assume that Anavite was at least somewhat responsible for what I mentioned above.

Immunity: 9/10
    I'll come flat out and say I definitely don't have one of the best immune systems out there. I usually come down with some kind of fever or cold about every three months or so depending on the season. While taking Anavite I didn't come down with anything or felt under the weather as best as I can recall. I was however taking Anavite during the latter half of the summer, so that could somewhat account for me not getting sick. But I would still like to think that Anavite definitely helped somewhat.

The cheapest I've seen Anavite go for is 22.95$. If you go for the full serving of 6 tablets a day, that puts the price per day at roughly 77 cents. If you decide to go with only 3 tablets a day, the price per day drops to 38 cents. Considering the effectiveness of Anavite, I consider both those values to be exceptional.

As previously mentioned, Anavite is now tied with Orange Triad for being my favorite Multivitamin product. Both of them have different pros and cons compared to one another but are still excellent products depending on what you are looking for. So in short, I would recommend Anavite as a great choice for anyone looking for a great multivitamin.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Carnipure
    • Magnesium In Pure Chelated Form
    • Gives Beta Alanine Tingles So Deal With It!
    Jpotter21
      July 25, 2012

So Anavite, I had quite the experience while using this Multi. I personally feel Multi's should be a staple in every ones diet, especially a lifter. Gaspari thought the same thing so they added a few ingredients specifically for lifters. Lets dive in.

Stats:
    Height- 5'11"
    Weight- 220's
    Age- 22

Diet- Clean foods. One cheat day a week usually. Try to keep around 2200/2500 calories. High protein, mod carbs, low fat.

Workout Routine- Usually two days on, one day off. Hiit every day or at least 4/5 days a week.

Supplements-
    Green Mag
    Compound 20
    MBCAA
    Humapro
    Leucine/Glutamine

Ingredients- 8/10- So the vitamins and minerals are pretty standard for most multi vitamins. The Minerals are Chelated which is a big plus. This means the minerals absorb a lot better. I'm not going to go over all of the vitamins and minerals but mainly touch on what Gaspari has decided to add. The three big things are Carnipure, Beta-alanine, and Boron. Carnipure is their blend of L-Carnitine, and L-Tartrate. These have been used for anti oxidant purposes and can also help keeping people lean. So really overall performance boosters. They also threw in Beta-Alanine which I personally think was an excellent call on their part. Beta-Alanine's results are best seen when taken consistently for 30 days or more. Well with throwing it in a multi you don't have to worry about supplementing extra BA. BA has been shown to improve endurance, and help with lactic acid build up. Boron has a number of effects ranging from strong bone health to improving cognitive function.

Dosing- so the dosing is pretty straight forward. You take 6 tabs a day for a full months supply. I took three in the am and three before my workout. Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Taste/Smell- No taste but Anavite definitely has a very chemically smell. At least more so than other multi-vitamins I have taken. Not to happy about that. But I can live with it.

Effectiveness- 6/10- So I actually really like Gaspari and their products. I was really expecting a high quality multi but I was really let down. I have never in my life been so sick while taking a multi. While taking OT or Animal Pak I was never sick. But man I was sick for almost a whole month while taking this, it was terrible! That overall decreases the effectiveness for me. Now I don't think we as lifters should rely on Multis to keep us from being sick. We should of course be eating greens and fruits to help with that, but at the same time Multi Vitamins should help with immune function and this did not! I was mad I spent thirty bucks for something that gave me beta tingles and that was it. Didn't have an increased feeling of well being, was sick for almost a full month, no increased energy. The Beta Alanine did seem to serve its course, but I don't want to pay 30 bones for BA. After taking this it has really forced me to look a lot heavier into my diet. Making sure I am eating more foods that help with immune boosting properties. Though I've never relied on a multi for that, they should still help with overall health. Major flop for me on Gaspari Anavite.

Value- 6/10- So to top it all off, Anavite is expensive. Lasting you a total of 30 days. The other two multis I prefer are 44 day supplies and work and offer so much more for cheaper as well. I paid 30 dollars for this which is roughly .96 cents a day. Which I feel is a bit much because of the lack of effectiveness. I thought it was really cool they offer a full dose of Ba and Carnipure, but the actual vitamin part for me did not deliver.

Overall-6/10- I hate giving low review. But this stuff was just not worth it. Some of you may have had great success with Anavite, but I can't say the same. I will never purchase it again, as it seemed to be a waste of money. Gaspari did a good job in including things for endurance, but really let this flop in other regards. I'll stick with Animal Pak or OT which both seem to really do the trick. Have a good one guys.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Carnipure
    • Minerals Are Chelated
    • 3.2 Gr Of Beta-alanine
    • Low Immune System
    • There Are Cheaper And Equally Effective Alternnatives
    kris65
      February 16, 2012

Alright everyone! Today I will be reviewing the most basic of all supplements the multi vitamin. In my opion everyone should be taking a multi, doesn't have to be fancy but just something to help you get those extra vitamins and minerals that you might miss from your meals. Todays multi review will be on Gaspari Nutritions Anavite.

Content – 9/10

So being a multi its loaded with everything under the sun that the typical multi has and more. Im not going through all the ingredients but a few I thought were interesting. The AnVITE Athletic Drive matrix contains 1000mg of Carnipure ( L- Carnitine L – Tartrate), 16,000mg of Beta Alanine, and 25mcg of Boron. This drive matrix is supposed to be a powerful performance boosting anti oxidant. I didn't notice much but the tingle of the Beta Alanine that went away after a week of taking the vitamin.
    So Gaspari Nutrition claims that this product contains optimal doses of the vitamins and minerals athletes need, utilizing high quality bioavailable ingredients. This is nice knowing that we are not getting crap in our vitamins. Whats also cool is that (according to Gaspari Nutrition) Anavite DOES NOT contain ineffective doses of numerous ingredients common commonly know as "label fluff."

Smell – ?/10

These smell funny. Don't know how to describe it, it's not really that important but just something to note.

Taste – 6/10

Taste is pretty bad, this shouldn't be a breaking point for anyone though. It's not the worst tasting supplement out there, but it will def take you for surprise the first time you take your first serving.

Effective – 8/10

So its hard to rate a multi vitamin on its effectiveness, so im going to try and break down effectiveness into a few sub categories: 1)Overall Health, and 2)Recovery

1) Overall Health – 9/10: So I have taken Anavite several times most recently about a month ago. While on Anavite I didn't get sick despite a few bad colds and such being around. Now idk if this was because of Anavite, or the fact that I was drinking oj like crazy, and eating well; but I would like to attribute at least a little bit to the vitamin.

2) Recovery – 6/10: So im sure a few of you are wondering why I put recovery in here. Well recovery is in here because Gaspari Nutrition claims that Anavite "Optimizes Post Exercise Muscle Recovery." IDK about all of that, I didn't feel any different or notice a change in recovery.

Overall – 7/10

Overall this is a good product. Now idk if this is the best multi I have taken. Like I said before it's hard to rate a multi. IMO Universal Animal Pak is a better vitamin, the dosing is better. With Anavite they tell you to take one serving which is 3 tablets twice a day. Or you could take it once or three times a day depending on what you want.

IDK, I want to rate this an 8 but the value kinda sucks as well. Animal Pak or Orange Triad are a much better value for your money while getting the same results. Its not a bad product, just equally effective and cheaper multi vitamins out there. I think ill stick with Animal Pak or Orange Triad in the future.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Carnipure
    • 3.2 Gr Of Beta-alanine
    • High Quality Bioavailable Ingredients
    • There Are Cheaper And Equally Effective Alternnatives
    AngieW5361
      December 13, 2011

Just finished my bottle of Anavite. I've never been really shocked with a multi but this one I enjoyed that I felt that little extra somthin-somethin. I'm super super sensitive to the beta alanine, and got the tingles every dose. Can't hate, I don't mind the feeling. I didn't really notice a big difference in my body though I feel my muscles are a little more "solid" than they were.

Overall: Pleased. Was a good multi and is something I would easily consider buying again.

Effectiveness: Didn't really tell a big difference in much. I did feel better, as you should with any multi, but other than the fun-tingles no big noticeable effects.

Value: Neither cheap nor expensive. Not a deal breaker on the price.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Muscle Hardness
    • Somewhat High Dosing Size For Top Results
    Mattmac1017
      December 7, 2011

Alright guys I've gone through two 180 count bottles of this so I feel I can give you a pretty good feel. I was shopping around for a new multi and was excited to see that this was combined with beta-alanine and L-Carnitine. The full daily dosage (6 pills) contains 3.2g of beta-alanine, and 2g of "˜Carnipure' (L-Carnitine and L-Tartrate). The bottle claims that this 3.2g of beta-alanine meets the threshold requirement to actually see results.

As far as dosage, I usually took two in the morning and two pre-workout for a daily total of four. I liked taking it pre-workout because I love the tingling of beta-alanine when I work out. The pills are a regular size, neon orange, and taste pretty bad. None of these are deal breakers though.

PRICE (8/10): The cheapest I could find it for was $24, which works out to $.80 a day if you are taking the full dosage. For me, it was about $.53 a day since I was only taking 4 pills. Comparing this to Animal Pak, which I am taking now, Anavite is pretty similar. I found Animal Pak for $20.99 for 44 paks, and I'm going to assume that most people only take one pak a day instead of the "˜recommended' two.

Product Recommended Serving:
    Anavite (6 pills per day) - $.80
    Animal Pak (2 paks per day) - $.95

What I was taking:
    Anavite (4 pills per day) - $.53
    Animal Pak (1 pak per day) - $.48

So for my purposes, Animal Pak was actually cheaper, although it didn't not contain the beta-alanine and L-Carnitine that are found in Anavite.

PROFILE (8/10) - Pretty standard multi as far as massive dosages of vitamins, although the chelated form means that the vitamins are more bioavailable for your body. Pretty hard to gauge how well you absorb vitamins though, especially when dosages are in the 5000% percent DV range. Combine the higher quality ingredients with the beta-alanine and the L-carnitine, and the ingredient profile is pretty darn good. However, it is lacking many of the smaller ingredients that are found in Animal Pak.

EFFECTIVENESS (8/10) - Overall I'm going to give it a 8. I never caught a cold or anything while on this, but it's not like this supplement alone made a huge difference. I didn't really notice a difference in recovery because I eat a ton and take Gluta-lyn. The beta-alanine tingles were a plus, although if you don't like them then I would stay away. I recently started taking Animal Pak, so I'll be writing up a review for that in about a month or so.

Final word: Good enough to take a look, but I'm not saying hands down good or bad. Given the nature of a multivitamin, it is hard to attribute gains or losses. One of the best determining factors is reputation, and Animal Pak has been around for 28 years and consistently rated #1. I guess the fact that I switched from Anavite to Animal Pak is a testament in itself.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Carnipure
    • Minerals Are Chelated
    • 3.2 Gr Of Beta-alanine
    • B12 In Methylcobalamin Form
    • Magnesium In Pure Chelated Form
    • A Bit To Expensive But Worth It
    Raptorbh12

November 12, 2011

After reading a bunch of rave reviews over the years and devout anavite users claiming its dominance over Opti-Men and my beloved Animal Pak, I decided I needed to see if the grass truly was greener on the other side of the multi-vitamine fence.

My first impression was the distinct smell which was a little more "chemically" than most multi-vitamins. The pills are solid orange and homogenous in hue. The taste I never got used to and seemed stronger to me than most multi-vitamins. The one immediate thing I noticed was the beta-alanine tingling sensation I would find myself oddly massaging my own face because of it. This got annoying very quickly.
    Another thing I noticed was that throughout my usage of anavite, I developed 2 separate colds and I am NEVER sick, and have yet to ever become sick while taking animal pak.

Heres my Breakdown:

Taste: 5
    One of the worst tasting multi-vitamins I have tried but its a good thing that taste is not too much of an issue when it comes to pills since you down them fairly quickly. No "anavite burps" were ever noticed while taking them either.

Effectiveness: 7
    As mentioned earlier, I did get sick twice taking Anavite which shows me that it does very little to help my immune system along. The reason im not ranking this lower than a "7" is because I did notice the beta-alanine tingling sensation which was an active indicator of the efficacy of the ingredients if at least just the beta-alanine. The beta-alanine tingles themselves I did not appreciate and im glad I switched off these pills.

Ingredient Profile: 7
    The ingredient profile is basic but it does include superior quality ingredients over its rivals which are more bioavailable to our bodies. The carnitine and the beta-alanine are the endurance/performance boosters that are also included in the mix. Unfortunately even though I felt the effects, I did not experience any increase in endurance or power during my entire cycle of Anavite.
    The more complex multi-vitamins on the market like animal Pak include a kitchen sink of extras like Ginseng, and Milk Thistle but in the end, these "extras" only help you out even though they are in smaller than normal doses.

Value: 6
    The value is mediocre at best. I cant justify spening a few more bucks for a product thats inferior in my eyes.
    Roughly 30 days supply for $28 .
    Animal Pak gives me 44 day supply for $25.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Carnipure
    • Endurance
    • 3.2 Gr Of Beta-alanine
    • B12 In Methylcobalamin Form
    • Magnesium In Pure Chelated Form
    • Beta Tingles Can Be Uncomfortable If Your Not Used To Them
    • Low Immune System
    BWendel
      October 11, 2011

Results: As a vitamin, I never notice too much of a difference between when I am not taking one, and when I am. However, Anavite certainly gave me a noticeable increase in quality of sleep. I could also feel a slight boost in energy about half an hour after taking it, it certainly helped with those early morning classes and late night homework.
    Taste: It had a distinct smell that I didn't particularly enjoy, but the taste wasn't anything unbearable. It did leave a nice orange stain on your tongue, but that was quickly washed away with a sip of water.
    Other Supplements: I was taking Superpump 250 when I was using this, and since Gaspari doesn't use Beta-Alanine in their pre-workouts, I would have to supplement elsewhere for the ~3g of beta alanine needed daily. Gaspari made it quite convenient to stay within the confines of their supplement line with this vitamin.
    Exercise: Kept my normal routine, High weight, low reps.
    Overall: Overall I believe that this product is definitely worth the purchase. Multi-V's are a necessary addition to anyone's stack, Gaspari took it a step further by revolutionizing them. Good work Rich.
    • Neon Pee
      Halls75
        August 1, 2011

After of systematic usage of several multies like Animal Pak, Opti-Men, Adam and many others, I decided to give Anavite a try. I had read many positive reviews and the company has a quite good reputation of manufacturing quality products. I wanted to try a different approach and Anavite was an ideal choice. Why I say this? Just read the text below...

Well, many companies are trying to offer as many nutrients they can and there are a lot of pruducts that someone can read the label and read, and... read. This is called "label flush" and the real question is; how effective are all these nutrients in such low amounts?

I truly believe that although everything has its value and if, for example, you eat just a slice of apple everyday at the end of a yeay you'll have eat A LOT of apples, sometimes is quite good to focus on some basic factors and try to improve them.

So, Anavite follows this philosophy; offering the basics BUT in good quantitites and using good sources AND adding 2-3 other things (again, in good quantities) to help you during your training.

More specifically, Anavite has B12 as methylcobalamin which is a superior form campared with the common cyanocobalamin.

Also, 6 tablets which is the optimal dose, provide 500 IU of D3 instead of the not so effective D2.

Another example, ALL the minerals are in chelated form for better absorption, not in cheap oxide form.

The list can go on and on, but the real trick is Beta-Alanine and Carnipure. Do your research to learn the benefits of both (you may find this link useful ---> http://www.musculardevelopment.com/reviews/supplement-of-the-month/2133-supplement-review-gasparis-anavite.html)

As with myself, while using Anavite for 2 months, I experienced a real improvement on my workouts. Endurance was better in both aerobic and non-aerobic sections. Recovery times where shorter and I had a really "clean" muscular development.

So, I give Anavite a 10/10, overall. Yes, it isn't cheap BUT it's EFFECTIVE. Although you don't see an "impressive" label with so many nutrients as in other multies, where it really counts this product offers good quantities and good materials.

You won't find 200 mg of magnesium in chelated form in many multies or B vits in -ate form or 3.2 gr of Beta-Alanine and 2 gr of Carnipure in one multivitamin in the market.

One disadvantage I find in Anavite is the only 60 IU of vitamin E which I prefer to be in mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols but, OK, it still is in natural form (d-alpha tocopherol) and it still is 200% of the RDA.

Also, I didn't experienced any paresthesia from Beta-Alanine, I guess I belong to the lucky ones that are resistant to this effect.

As an advice, if you have any, just split the doses and take 2 tablets with food, 3 times a day. Also, just remember to take the optiman dose which is 6 tablets everyday regardless and not only during training days. You see, depending on your body, Beta-Alanine works after continual usage of 1-3 weeks.

Finally, remember to stop using Anavite for 2-3 weeks as many experts say that continual usage of Beta-Alanine for long periods of time MAY lower the levels of Taurine is your system. Although there is a good possibility that there is no such a side effect, there is no reason to risk.

All in all, this is one of the best multies you can buy. It's just one step above most of the other multies. Give it a try for 2 months and see the results. Just remember to use it as the company recommends.

• Muscle Hardness
      • Vitamin E Not From Mixed Materials
      Gkeezy
        July 26, 2011

This was my third different multi-vitamin, after GNC Vita Pack, and OptiMen, of which I had good results but wanted to try something new.

Container came with 180 pills, serving size was 3 pills, 6 pills total per day, so a month's worth of vitamins.

It was a complete overall multi-vitamin, but what I loved was the L-carnitine, which helped me promote fat loss with my stack of Yohimbine HCl and CLA. Also it has the Beta-Alanine which gave me the tingles, and I knew this product was kicking in.

This multi-vitamin helped me with recovery as well as to maintain my weight and also adding some strength gains in the gym. I did notice more energy in my workouts and I was less fatigued at the gym. I was on point, and it helped me with the pump and energy when I also did Chrome NO3 pump pre workout and Xtend intra workout.

The only problem I had with this product was the awful smell that came from the tub when opened to get the pills. The pills have no taste and went down pretty smoothly, even 3 at a time.

I am now currently on my second Anavite container and I think I found my stable multi-vitamin.

I would definetly recommend it to my broskis and girlskis.
      • A Bit To Expensive But Worth It
      • Beta Tingles Can Be Uncomfortable If Your Not Used To Them

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.