This product has been reported as discontinued.

Anatropin Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 3

Anatropin is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It helps optimize your natural testostorone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss. This product has been reported as discontinued.
DEALS
COMPARE SIMILAR

WalcottHope
  October 29, 2012

Gaspari Nutrition has been a great supplement company in my past experiences. It seems now they are extremely mainstream/popular and I have personally seen a decline in effectiveness of some of their more recent products. In any case, I loved all of their early products, and Anatropin was a good recent release from Gaspari. I purchased Anatropin (a tesosterone support and estrogen control product) this past summer during a maintenance phase and it worked well for me.

Dosing: 6/10
The dosing protocol requires you to take 2 capsules upon waking/before breakfast and an additional capsule 6-8 hours later before a meal. I dosed this as suggested with my first dose right before my morning workouts and the other before dinner or before bed. I took Anatropin on its own by the way.

Ingredient Profile: 7/10
Anatropin contains a proprietary blend in the formula which I dislike. I really like to know exactly what is in every supplement I use. Anatropin contains:

Vitamin D3 1,000 IU
Zinc 10 mg
Anatropin Proprietary blend- velvet bean extract, brassaiopsis, glomerulata extract, anacyclus pyrethrum DC extract.

With a little research I found velvet bean extract (or mucuna pruriens) to be useful as an L-Dopa alternative with some anabolic characteristics. It appears it may also help lower blood sugar and blood pressure to whatever extent. With vitamin D3 and zinc, recent studies have found their applications in bodybuilding to activate genes that increase muscle growth and strength. The other ingredients appear to be aphrodisiac compounds of ayurvedic herbs.

I think herbs that hold anabolic properties often get a bad wrap these days because they aren't proven synthetics or proven minerals, but some herbs really have use in bodybuilding. At a low cost, I think Gaspari Nutrition was justified in using a bunch of herbs in a proprietary blend.

I don't give any product a perfect rating in any category, because if I did it would mean the product would have to be free. In this case, Anatropin was as close to a 10 in value as it could be without actually being a 10. I purchased this on amazon for 15 dollars this summer. This was a steal for me for a month supply. I only bought 1 bottle and I wish I would have bought more because now it looks to be priced around 25 dollars most places.

Effectiveness was the second best part of Anatropin. I only used 1 bottle during this past summer while I was following a maintenance phase and improved my overall body composition. My workout routine included mostly compound exercises (bench press, barbell upright row, military press, etc), bodyweight exercises (dips, pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups), and cardio 2-3 times per week.

Since I have always been relatively lean and lanky (over 6 feet tall) I haven't ever needed to do much cardio. While using Anatropin I was utilizing long distance jogging 2-3 times per week which isn't abnormal for me but I actually got a lot leaner. My weight usually fluctuates between 208-216 lbs. throughout the year, with my bodyfat somewhere around 9-12 percent.

As far as my eating startegy was concerned, I was working about 45 hours per week in a management position so I couldn't always eat whenever I needed to. I was still able to get above maintenance calories on workout days and less on off days. I believe in keeping protein as high as possible to protect/preserve muscle and rebuild as well, while keeping healthy dietary fats high and carbs low on non-workout days. More or less a carb cycling strategy.

During my 4 week cycle with Anatropin my weight stayed about the same but I looked plenty more "muscular". My results were consistent with a very effective recomp. Endurance was improved (mostly from increased work volume) and strength gains were normal.

Side Effects: 6/10
I have a little bit of experience with natural testosterone boosters and so I can tell when they generally produce the desired effects. I didn't notice any really bad negative side effects except for some oily skin and some slight irritability. I don't ever get very aggressive in my daily life so irritability was unusual. And I didn't ever get much acne growing up so oily skin was also a sign that my testosterone levels were higher than normal.

Gaspari Nutrition definitely didn't travel too far outside the box, instead staying conservative with Anatropin. With that said, I still really liked my 4 week cycle seeing an overall recomposition in my physique. The results were not ground-breaking but I got a lot leaner without really trying too hard. With calories around maintenance to slightly above maintenance, lifting weights 4 times per week and jogging long distance 2-3 times per week, my weight remained mostly unchanged while I looked clearly more muscular. I recommend Anatropin for those looking for a natural testosterone booster to help in recomposition.

• Recomp
  • Oily Skin
irishsoldier
  February 11, 2014

I enjoy going from company to company and trying their product lineups. When a company shows me good quality, I tend to become loyal and curious.

That being said, I was debating what one of my favorite supplements was. Either Pink Magic by USPLabs and the old PlasmaJet Nitric Oxide by Gaspari. I looked at their new lineup of supplements and decided to try VasoTropin and Anatropin (will be posting my vasotropin review up later).

Onto Anatropin.. I like how they incorporated Vitamin D3 and Zinc into this product. It does show to hold up test levels for a longer period. All natural test booster, containing root, seed and leaf (all dat good stuff) haha.
Velvet Bean Extract or Mucuna pruriens improves male fertility and is definitely noticeable!

I have been adding in more core work, obliques, back, and arms into my workouts. I am really trying to get more of a V shaped upper half. That being said, with my cleaner eating habits, increased work ethic, and Anatropin backing me up, I am really getting somewhere! This is helping me lean out, as the weeks go on you can slowly see these calculated changes.

I bought this on Amazon for like 15 bucks, dirt cheap! It resembled Pink Magic to me without a doubt. It gave me that ***y, edgy, feeling that I love. Walk around feeling alpha the whole time. Only 2 caps in the morning, easy to swallow, 1 cap at night before bed. Really no complains on this product besides the Acne. OH MAN THE ACNE. Some guys just get like a few random big pimples and all but this really made me break out.. My back, shoulders, chest, neck, everywhere. Every other day I have like 3 new huge painful zits to pop.

Try this product, it's worth a shot for sure! Next time I need a test booster to throw in my PCT I will know where to go.

Side effects include:

-Morning wood to the max
-Increased Libido
-Riddled with Acne
-Good dosage
-Builds Muscle
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Noticeable Testosterone Boost
  • Increased Libido
  • Recomp
  • Oily Skin
JBench
  October 10, 2012

First it is important to know that I take roughly 3 to 4 different natural testosterone boosters a year. I do not like the idea of pro hormones and from my experience many natural testosterone boosters work, and there are also many non-legit products out there.

My first thought when I read Anatropin, I was hesitant about it, but Gaspari usually makes good products and I was curious. Here are my thoughts after one bottle. Gaspari makes three points when it comes to Anatropin. They state that it will boost testosterone, control estrogen, and alpha male attitude. Now I did not have any clinical studies, so I am going off my past experience with other testosterone boosters. So you all know I ran close to a three week cycle, using 2 capsules at night and 2 in the morning (note: the label says to use 2 at night and 1 in the morning).

Boost Testosterone – 4/5
Control Estrogen – 5/5
Alpha Male – 3/5

Boost Testosterone: One thing that I did notice is that my libido shot through the roof. I would say at least within 3 days it was much more noticeable. Based off of other testosterone boosters, this is much faster than others. I also noticed that my appetite increased, which is normal when taking natural T boosters. I felt as though I was hungry all the time, I try to get about six meals in a day - high in fats and proteins. I also slept much better. I noticed that my sleep was much deeper and I woke up much more refreshed.

Control Estrogen: I know that this product focuses on testosterone boosting, but personally I noticed that the estrogen control was just right for me. My muscles felt much more dense throughout the day and by the third week I noticed that my abs were becoming more defined. I also noticed that I were much more vascular, which I would attribute to less water retention.

Alpha Male: This one I didn't notice as much. My libido definitely went up, but there were some days I just felt crappy. I don't know if it was because my test levels were higher that my emotions were swinging or what, but I was not a big fan of it and the Alpha Male was not always a feeling that I had. I know we have good and bad days, but I think this happened more often while taking Anatropin.

Pros: I really think this product helps raise testosterone levels. From my experience with other products I notice a more physical result in a shorter time with this product than the majority of what I have taken.

Cons: Like I mentioned I did notice that my mood would go down more often, which isn't a big deal, but something people should know before taking the product. I would also state that I noticed that my hair was falling out more often; this might be because I took more than what was suggested on the bottle.

Other Supplements: I was also taking 3 grams of Acetyl-l-Carnitine, and 3 grams Omega-3's while on Anatropin. I take these all the time, but it is important for others to know for a good review.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Noticeable Testosterone Boost
  • Increased Libido
  • Hair Loss