Aminolast

By Gaspari Nutrition
Aminolast Gaspari Nutrition
7.8/10
(Weighted average based on 7 Reviews)

Ranks #35 of 96 (better than 64%)
in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Mooselini's Aminolast Review

I couldn't wait to review Aminolast, which is the new Amino Acid product that Gaspari nutrition has released. It could be the most effective amino acid product I have ever used. One of the main things I noticed about Aminolast when I picked it up is that it list's out all ingredients, unlike some companies who like to blend all of their amino's into one. The other thing that stood out for me is that they did not use any synthetic colors and dyes. Which in this day and age is hard to come by. Also there were also 2 human trials done on this and according to Gaspari this was supposed to be released before size-on pre contest. So it has been in the works for a while.

As for the profile:

L-Valine 1250mg *
L-Ornithine L-Aspartate 1000mg *
(As AmmoJECTâ„¢)

Profile"”
Their pretty straights forward in that it list's all doses, and you have your standard Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. But the other amino's are what really stood out to me and made my endurance push to a whole next level. They used Leucine and Leucine peptides which, when reading up on state to increase the absorption of Leucine uptake, so in turn increasing protein synthesis. They then have 2mg of Taurine, which is known to have great benefits on skeletal maintenance and functioning. Its also been known to remove fatty liver deposits but the study has only been done on rats so far. Then they list iso leucine and valine which greatly help to enhance endurance during a workout. Then they have L Orthinine which helps your body to dispose of excess nitrogen,and is created by the actions of arginine. Finally they list L Aspartate, which the only thing I could find on is that it metabolizes alanine and aspartate. Also both the L orthine and L Aspartate are both delivered in the system through Gaspari's AmmoJECT technology so take that as you will. Whatever that means, ok enough of a science lecture lets get to the good stuff

Effectiveness-- 9

The way I dosed this is strictly intra workout with some days I would take a scoop along with my pre workout. The endurance was unmatched. I would have to stop myself from working out or I would be late for work. I stacked this with craze so the focus was already there but not even wanting to leave the gym I can attribute to AMINOLAST. Next I switched it up a little and used two full scoops during my workouts. This turned out to be the sweet spot. Most amino acid products severly underdose their serving sizes, but when I used 2 scoops I was getting almost 10 mg of Leucine and 4 mg of Taurine. Yes it would burn through the tub that much faster but I am a big believer of at least 10mg of leucine intra so this was right on the money. For not even having glutamine in this formuala, damn this helped my recovery. I literally would not get sore, even when switching workout plans or doing the HIIT plan after a workout I could keep going. The only other amino with as good of recovery I could compare it to is the legendary MBCAA

Taste--9

Gaspari products have been know to have mostly great tastes. This lived up to the name. I had both the Lemon Ice and Watermelon blast flavors. Both were extremely refreshing and like most I don't put too much into taste but this was great to sip on throughout a workout. Also I put a couple scoops in a gallon jug and would sip on that throughout the day. So by far a good tasting amino.

Value-- 6

This is the only flaw I have found. Since I use two scoops I would only get 15 servings which is terrible and imo a waste of money but here is the catch, if you can find it on sale like I did than by all means go for it but make sure to pick up more than 1 tub. I got this from Tigerfitness when it was the deal of the day for about $23, which is a good price, for comparison Xtend, is about $21 and MBCAA is $30. Right now its $29 on BB.com, which is an ok price if you use 1 scoop per serving. Just search around because once this gains more attention they should drop the price some more.

Overall"”-8

Gaspari Nutrition got this product right. They obviously did their research, to make one of the best amino acid's I have tried. I had great recovery and endurance and with aminos what more could you ask for. I think that even triathletes or long distance runners could benefit from this. This is one of those products that could be used for any sport. Also it is worth mentioning when I was reading up on this product before I had bought it, I stumbled on an article about Rich Gaspari and it really opened my eyes. What is said is that every product developed by Gaspari Nutrition was developed only for Rich Gaspari, not that he is selfish but because he only want products that work. Well I can tell you he got this right, not so much the probiotic series. But in the end pick some up and give it a try to see for your self.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Dont Want To Leave The Gym

line6reed

Posted July 29, 2012
Yea im interested in trying this but price is so steep i just baught bulk modern bcaa its gross but it works wish i could afford this

Posted July 29, 2012
try to find it when its on sale

Jpotter21

Posted July 29, 2012
I don't know how I missed this, good review dude. Interested in this stuff.

Posted July 29, 2012
^^thanks man its probably the best amino i have used besides humapro which is its own category

inyamaboi's Aminolast Review

Well its been a while... I chose to review aminolast as its my favorite amino/intra workout product. I think we can all agree that Gaspari is improving, and their products are all quality (well almost).

PRODUCT PROFILE(9)-
Im not going to go thoroughly over this as Mooselini has...

PRODUCT PROFILE(9)-
Im not going to go thoroughly over this as Mooselini has already gone through it, greatly i might add.I do like that it has good amount of BCAAs, yet its still carb and sugar free ideal for prep or leaning out.
And it contains AminoJet- which supports exercise capacity by helping remove muscle waste products. Just wish it contained glutamine which can also aid cell volumization and recovery. But other than that a truly impressive product profile.

EFFECTIVENESS(9)-
Heres where aminolast shines. I have recently been hitting the gym harder than ever and its been a tough ask especially since the chest is still not 100%. Prior to using aminolast I was using xtend, but thats like comparing gold to silver, aminolast is much better IMO. I felt less fatigued whilst using this during my workout. I also had much more energy after each sip, this stuff is brilliant. And at the end of each workout i would not be overly tired like before, great recovery. Simply it makes you work harder for longer.

TASTE(8)-
Another area that was pleasantly surprising. I have tried watermelon, strawberry kiwi and lemon ice. All of them are good but personally i dont really dig strawberry kiwi as its kinda bitter, The best flavor for me is watermelon as it almost tastes like candied watermelon, nice and sweet. And that applies to the lemon ice flavor too. I always look forward to drinking it to be honest, taste cant make or break a product but heck if it works and tastes great then hats off! Gaspari has managed that rare task.

MIXABILITY(9)
I have never had a problem once with mixing AminoLast but the only achilles heel is the foam created, that drops it to a 9, Try drinnking it instantly and you will know what i mean, its like drinking flavored bubble bath. And i also Never had any hassles with floating particles or sand like unmixed fractions, which is a huge plus!

USAGE(10)
Simple, 1 scoop with 10oz of water during training or between meals. But i filled up my whole shaker with water and added one scoop and sipped it during training and i have another scoop between my 3rd or 4th meal.

VALUE(6)
The biggest disappointment is the value. Its about +$45 here in S.A, and since a bottle of aminolast only has 30 servings and i use it twice a day... meaning it barely lasts over 2 weeks. which sucks, they need to make a 60 or 90 scooper bottle.

OVERALL(9)
Overall this is my favorite intra workout supplement! its well worth the extra cash. Its effective and tasty. But as i said the downside is the cost. So I would recommend this to anyone looking for their best and longest lasting workouts, PERIOD! AminoLast... it says it all in the name.

FRIDGE

Pros:
Cons:
  • More Reps N Sets
  • Endurance
  • Bigger Size Bottles

Frankiemusc

Great review

I love this stuff, that is a bummer that u can't get it for cheaper in ur country

Posted January 25, 2013
Thanks buddy, greatly appreciated.

It is bro, but no regrets the results are well worth it ;)

WarMachine

Posted January 25, 2013
Neg repped for extended absence!!!!
LOLOL

JK broski, great review and nice to see you still kicking it!!!

LOLS War "I told you I will be back"... :/

Thanks broski much appreciated! You know me lols.

-Recovery-

I managed to pick this up for $20+ free shipping on amazon which was a semi-decent price for the product! I decided to pick this up after trying a sample pack from my local store.

Profile (7/10)

Profile (7/10)
When it comes down to it is 5 of the essential amino acids. L-Leucine,L-Taurine,Leucine Peptides,L-Isoleucine, L-Valine. I love what Gaspari is doing by keeping it simple but this product was lacking the endurance, The recovery on the other hand was up to par as most other amino acids. In my mind this is nothing special.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)
While lacking in the "SuperFuel" department recovery was excellent. Aminos are known for giving you clean energy, but I did not necessarily get this as I did with MusclePharm AMINO1... I took one scoop intra workout and also another in between meals. I did not get the added benefits of longer workout on this but it was nice to sip on during a long workout.

Taste (6.5/10)Orange Mango Twist
I'm giving the taste an 6/10 because it left my mouth dry and begging for water constantly. With the "loaded with electrolytes" claim this left me high and dry looking for an oasis in a desert. Im not talking about cardio either. After 8 reps on lat-pull downs my mouth was extremely dry. However I added a couple ounces of orange juice to counteract this.

Value (8/10)
At $20 it isn't the worst price but, companies are getting a bit more stingy adding servings to their somewhat overpriced products.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Reduces Soreness
  • Basic Aminos
  • Expensive For Amount Of Servings

Ignore the brand name- this product is NOT overhyped.

Aminolast by Gaspari Nutrition doesn't have many reviews yet, and it's been on the market for a little while now. I think a lot of people choose to stick with the well-known staples like Modern BCAA or Purple Wraath. Also, it seems like Gaspari Nutrition gets a bad wrap since they're now such a mainstream supplement company with tons of flashing advertisements in magazines and online. But I must say, ignore the brand name and give Aminolast a try. For the price, it's worth it.

Taste/Mixability: 8/10
I've heard some people mention that the taste and mixability were average at best, and I would go as far as to say I disagree slightly. I've tried two bottles of the lemon ice flavor and it isn't the best, but it's not bad at all. It's kind of like strong lemonade. That's the best way I can describe it. Concerning mixability, some foam does build up at the top at first, but settles out after a few minutes. I believe Modern BCAA by USP Labs to be the standard for intra-workout aminos. I would say that the taste of Lemon Ice Aminolast is on par with, or slightly better than all of the Modern BCAA flavors (which tend to be a little bitter).

Ingredient Profile: 8/10
Sticking with the theme of comparing Aminolast and Modern BCAA, I give a slight edge to Aminolast. Honestly, I have used Modern BCAA consistently for the past two and a half years when I was running cross country and even when I was following bodybuilding routines. The ingredient profile in Aminolast is pretty simple. Gaspari Nutrition could possibly have considered adding higher quantities of glutamine for added recovery. They added a small amount of electrolytes for hydration and endurance as well, and an effective dose of L-Leucine and Leucine peptides. They also added a compound they call "Ammoject" in the form of L-Ornithine L-Aspartate, which they utilized in other effective products like Size On.

Effectiveness is another area where Aminolast shines. I don't believe there any perfect supplements, so a 9 out of 10 is really top notch. I used Aminolast in the same manner as Modern BCAA, taking 1 scoop during each training session. The good thing about the formula is you can drink it upon waking in the morning, between meals and even later in the day. I would even add a scoop to a large bottle and sip that throughout the day if I needed extra aminos to boost recovery. The recovery and endurance with Aminolast is top notch. Adding electrolytes helps promot hydration and improve endurance during exercise. I implemented this product throughout all types of training programs such as DC Training, powerlifting, high volume training and even with simple cardio. After these training sessions, I experience little-to-no soreness which is always a plus for me. Without an intra-workout amino product like Aminolast or Modern BCAA, I'd feel nearly immobilized for days at a time.

When I first tried Aminolast (in December 2012, I believe), I purchased it for about $22 on amazon. Now, it has risen to $25 for 30 scoops which is still pretty great. I believe this is the best price around for this product. If you only use one scoop during workouts, it can last quite a while. I only train three times per week so I can extract about two and a half months of use from one bottle.

Aminolast by Gaspari Nutrition is a great supplement, plain and simple. Comparing it with Modern BCAA, which in my opinion, is the standard for intra-workout aminos, I would rate Aminolast as an equal or slightly better. Gaspari Nutrition is now an over-hyped mainstream supplement company being pushed by the UFC in tons of ads, but if you ignore the name, they have a really high-quality product in Aminolast. In my honest assessment, it really meets it's claims that say it improves recovery and endurance, while preventing delayed onset muscle soreness. If Aminolast does have a downside, I'd say it's the taste, and probably the name behind it. It is now a staple in my ongoing supplement stack, edging out Modern BCAA as my favorite intra-workout amino supplement.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Reduces Soreness
  • Endurance
  • Good Profile
  • Taste
  • Could Use More Glutamine

Works For Me

Hi guys!

I have been using Aminolast for the last 4 weeks of my cut.

I have my own pre-workout BCAAs/Glutamine blend and my own recovery shake with plenty of Glutamine/BCAA
so I have not needed to implement this around my weights sessions.

My purpose...
Hi guys!

I have been using Aminolast for the last 4 weeks of my cut.

so I have not needed to implement this around my weights sessions.

My purpose for this one has been to add to my morning cardio sessions. For a few weeks I have been doing them fasted, then I added a stimulant/thermogenic to accelerate/maximise fat loss - now that I am heavily into cutting and running on empty I am particularly catabolic and have needed something to go in there during the cardio to prevent muscle wastage, but something that lacks calories (5 cals because I go half scoop) and sugar (no sugars) obviously to keep the cardio effective....

I could have just used my BCAA powder instead, but I thought that since there are extra eloctrolytes and a more comprehensive range of amino acids in the Amino last profile it would probably be better to add this...

I wont bother with an ingredient list - since they are already up there.

But I will say that I am happy with the Amino profile - plenty of anti catabolic nuts and bolts there for your body to protect its muscle tissue intra workout/cardio.
The electrolytes help hydration and muscle contraction which has been helping my fasted cardio - when you are depleted it does help make a difference. It's kind of a double edged sword though having the Sodium in there - it helps when you're depleted on lean dry diets - but it can also disrupt your cut appearance.
When you are running low sodium diets for dryness and lean look - little increases in sodium can impact you with water retention and bloat - so if it is coming up to competition time you might want to be careful with anything with added electrolytes.

Since I just use this on cardio days I have opportunity to level out my sodium intake and drop any bloat I see relatively quickly.
I am still fortunately cutting fat but haven't entirely wasted away yet - so I like to think it is doing its part for my purpose.

I have had the Strawberry Kiwi - it smells amazing, tastes very good and mixes well with pre workouts like Alphamine or Speed X3 - taste and consistency wise.
This stuff is quite acidic so I always brush my teeth before having a pre workout or amino drink and am careful not to have anything too rich before it as it may cause stomach irritation.

In terms of mixability however, it is like any Amino powder - it tends to have frothy clumps that are difficult to blend into water - its like aminos are hydrophobic!
Best way around this is to use mild temperature water and not cold water - but dont use boiling water as this may damage things...
Its not a major issue anyway.

For me lacking L-glutamine is a bonus since I don't want to break my pre cardio carb fast as L-glutamine can act as cellular energy like a carbohydrate. However, as a pre/intra or post workout recovery formula the absence of L-glutamine is a negative from me - I always like to have L-glutamine in there before and after weights sessions as it is highly relevant to protecting and repairing muscle tissue and helps with pump and volumisation.... as for the benefit of this on gym sessions - I would theoretically argue that it helps - however I have ran BCAA/Glutamine combos pre and post workout for 6 years so its basically just normality for me - I don't feel any new endurance from adding a different brand Amino product - its not going to have the same impact on pump and endurance as something like NOX Pump, Pro Supps HYDE or Core Fury for example in my opinion....

I compare this product to Sci-Vation Extend although the extend boasts the Glutamine and citrullin malate benefit, the Amino Last boasts the wider amino spectrum... so Amino Last has its own unique selling point.

I would say Amino Last is expensive - but then again most Amino blends (esp BCAA blends) are expensive so that isn't a criticism directly pinned onto Amino Last.

It is probably cheaper to find a BCAA blend powder in raw form and an Amino tablet product and put the two together - although it wont taste as good and it wont be as simple to add to pre workout powders....

I suspect from the taste that Amino Last probably contains a lot of sweeteners and when you add that alongside pre workout powders and protein powders and your sugar free drinks here and there (if you have them) - then you're racking up a lot of sweetners there that aren't too good for your body or for keeping off bloat....
But then again this is not a criticism specifically directed at Amino Last - I wanted something that tasted good - I have no treats while I am dieting so at least my pre workouts are tasting good and I am not going to bother competing this year now so I can afford to experiment a little....

Generally happy - just wish it was a little cheaper though...

Pros:
Cons:
  • Preserves Muscle
  • Endurance
  • Recovery
  • Sodium Has Its Pros And Cons

TeamHardcore's Aminolast Review

GASPARI AMINOLAST

Flavor: 8/10 - Watermelon

Price: $25 on bodybuilding.com for 30 servings. Descent price for a product of substantial quality, but a bit pricey.

GASPARI AMINOLAST

Flavor: 8/10 - Watermelon

Value: Worth every penny for a great product, but could be a little expensive for some people. Worth a try though if interested.

Taste: I personally like the watermelon flavor, it's great, but due to the fact that this is an intra-workout supplement its taste is identical to a watermelon candy and for me it is too sweet for my liking. I would advise if anyone feels the same way – to water it down more. To compare the flavor, it is similar to the watermelon flavor of Gaspari SuperPump MAX.

Effectiveness: Good focus, increased stamina during the workout and overall better pumps. Instant reactions when taking the product.

I would compare this with Scivation Xtend on quality and flavor. Being a long time Xtend user, I have finally found something else to use which works just as good.

If anyone is interested in this product it is much worth the chance to purchase it – very effective.

I would just like to state the fact that I believe anything Gaspari Nutrition produces is good and affordable. Great for anyone wanting quality products with a great track record.
P.S I am not a Gaspari sponsored or affiliated with Gaspari in anyway.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Endurance

Posted August 27, 2012
Very informative information, i will be sure to try it :)

Posted August 27, 2012
thanks :)

Give it a try!

This is my first review, so bear with me. I have only used sciavtion's xtend and this product in the past. I decided to get smth new, as I was getting tired of my green apple xtend. In the end,I decided to go with Gaspari's Aminolast which was advertised as the next big thing.
Profile(8.5)
Profile(8.5)
I'm not gonna write all the ingredients down because Mooselini did a damn good job already.The folks at Gaspari added ammoject technology,that helps your muscles to get rid of waste products that can cause fatigue.Also,addition of glutamine in the future would be a good idea.

Effectiveness (9)
I took 1-2 scoops of aminolast as intraworkout on training days only.What can I say?It did really help me.I was cycling off craze and it was quite hard at the beginning.Thankfully,I had aminolast and did a great job at keeping my stamina high and giving me the urge to work out longer.Recovery between the sets was phenomenal.I would do cardio at the end and never felt tired or sore the next day.
Taste(8)
I've tried only lemon ice, which felt like sipping on a lemonade.Just put 1-2 scoops and shake but it give 2-3 min for the foam to dissolve.The only thing that caught my eye with aminolast was the residue at bottom of the cup which never happened with Xtend.
Value(6.5)
I remember getting it from amazon for $25 which is not bad.BB are currently selling it for $30 but I'm sure you can find it for a cheaper price.
Overall(8.5)
I really like this product.As I said,I wanted to switch things around and try smth new and Aminolast didn't disappoint me. Gaspari are known for their quality,so you can't go wrong with them.It's a bit more expensive than Xtend but well worth it. Give it a try.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Dont Want To Leave The Gym
  • Good Profile