Topic: Missing a workout day  (Read 1760 times)

Offline ebayaholic

• Senior Members
Missing a workout day
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »
Just wondering what you guys do when you miss a day in the gym.  Do you completely skip over that day's workout and continue on with the next day as planned, or so you try to work in a few of the exercises for the day you missed?

Offline soundsoffire

• Locker Roommates
Re: Missing a day
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
i just start up my routine the next day where i left of.
Like if i missed my Shoulder day and my next day was Legs, id do my shoulders the next day instead of legs, and continue on from there.

It usualy stuffs up my routine days, but i slowley get back to where i want it by adding another rest day each week, or only having 1 rest day each week untill its back to the days i want it.
take it if its easy, and if its easy take it home....

Offline Enforcer21

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
originally i  would sub in a house workout  but now i honestly look at it like an extra day of rest, when you think about it recovery is important and it's the time when you are growing anyway, but everyone deals with missing a workout day different 

Offline adam777

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:53:20 PM »
my workout days are mon, tues, thurs, fri.  If for some reason I miss a day I'll take Wed. or Sat. as make up days.  We all have busy lives so this way I always have an opportunity to make it up in case something comes up.
Your only as big as your last set.  Stop talking about the days that you could push up weight.  Live in the now and never stop achieving - My views on lifting and getting tired of hearing people talk about the past and how much they used to be able to put up.

Offline bpierce13

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
I lift sat/mon/wed and do cardio sun/tues/thurs so if i miss a lifting day I'll cut out 1 cardio day and lift instead then adjust accordingly since bulking is my priority, but totally up to you
I can do everything through him who gives me strength - Philippians 4:13

"Dreams are the seedlings of reality" - Napoleon Hill