Topic: Whey Protein Isolate and Weight Loss  (Read 12244 times)

Offline cellblockg

Whey Protein Isolate and Weight Loss
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
I am just wondering if taking Whey Protein Isolate after my workouts is going to hinder or help my weight loss, more specifically fat loss. I started out in late October around 230 lbs and am now down around 210 with the help of OxyElitePro. I have "Plateaued" at 210 for nearly 2 weeks now.

The protein I am taking is "Isopure", which doesn't have a lot of the added sugars, artificial flavors and colors, and useless minerals like the cheaper brands have. I started taking about 1/2 the recommended protein dose yesterday, and also have begun taking Jack3d before working out. I am CAREFULLY spacing the supplements out to avoid a caffeine overload.

I also mix a tbsp honey and tbsp of Bragg raw apple cider vinegar with 10 ounces of water prior to workout, and also take a tbsp of raw, unfiltered Coconut Oil prior to workout.

My workouts consist of running between 4-7 miles at a moderate pace one day, and weight training in the gym for a little over an hour the following day. Usually take 1 or 2 days off per week, not always consecutive.

By taking this half-dose of protein after workouts, will I be able to gain lean muscle and still burn off the fat? I am not a hard core body builder looking to "bulk up," I just want to have a good body once again, and work my way down below 180 lbs where I belong. All the magazines and websites tell me the more muscle you gain, the easier it is to burn fat.

My diet is far from perfect, but I have all but eliminated junk food and fast food.

Any thoughts? ???

Offline joe651dzd

• Locker Roommates
Re: Whey Protein Isolate and Weight Loss
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
if your at a plataue take the next step and elimate more than just junk food and fast food out of your diet.

Offline cellblockg

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
if your at a plataue take the next step and elimate more than just junk food and fast food out of your diet.

Can you be more specific?

Offline joe651dzd

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
you said that you're diet is no where near perfect. can i have an example of your daily meals please?

Offline cellblockg

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
you said that you're diet is no where near perfect. can i have an example of your daily meals please?

Breakfast: usually is some low sugar cereal (with either whole, 2% or 1% milk) Fruit (maybe a banana, or some blueberries, or a kiwi and a Yellow Pear) Orange juice Usually a small glass. 2 slices of either whole grain or multi-grain toast with either natural peanut butter (the type that the oil seperates) or raw honey, or low sugar jelly/jam on the toast.

Lunch: Usually take a lunch with me containing a sandwich with whole grain or multi-grain bread, low fat meat (but high sodium unfortunately like all packaged meat), one thin slice of cheese on the sandwich, and some mixed raw fruits and veggies (broccoli, berries, celery, banana, kiwi, etc) and a few bottles of water.

Dinner: Some days will make something like a hamburger on a multi-grain or whole grain (usually wheat) bun, sometimes with a thin slice of cheese, or a grilled chicken sandwich the same way. Usually a tall glass of whole, 2% or 1% milk, or a glass of some other low sugar (not OJ) juice.

Once or twice a week I will steam some frozen veggies and that will be it for dinner, with a glass or two of milk or fruit juice.

With the job that I work, it is next to impossible to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day, unless I split my lunch over several break periods (which I usually do) And sometimes dinner is much later than it should be (8PM or so), no getting around that and not gonna starve either. Meals are sometimes at odd hours of the day, as a result of my job.

As I said this aint the perfect diet, but far better than the garbage fat truck driver lifestyle I was living 5 months ago (stuff your face now, regret it later)

I'm almost 32 now, but in my early to mid 20's I was able to drop the pounds pretty easy when I began to work out, and diet was way worse then too. Plateaued a few times but overcame it with no major changes. Metabolism is a lot slower now, I don't need to be reminded of that.

Let me make my original question easier for you: With PROPER DIET and the exercise program I mentioned above, will I still be able to lose weight and fat by taking the above mentioned dose of whey protein?

Offline Garret

• Banned Doods
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:46:10 AM »
Thats really a good thread throwing light on the benefits and effects of whey protein...
Thanks everybody for participating to the best of his best...
 *Link Removed* ]personal trainers orange county