Topic: Interesting Information on DHEA  (Read 2998 times)

Offline MakEmLegaL

• Senior Members
Interesting Information on DHEA
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
A couple of things that I have noticed while doing alot of pct research, these are just my 2 cents, pease don't flame:

7.) Dhea is not bad, and many have found it to be amazing as part of pct. One negative effect of dhea is that it can convert to many different hormones, including estrogen and progesterone. However, your current test levels play a large role in what dhea will convert to. Thus, during the first few weeks of pct, dhea should convert mostly or completely to test or andro which will then convert to test. In addition, with the use of a serm or ai during pct, conversion to estrogen should not be a concern, as the effects of that conversion won't be seen, and some estrogen is necesary even during pct to continue muscle development, proper cholesterol, and hormonal balance. You could start with a small dose and work your way up to a higher dose as long as you don't see any negative sides.

Dhea during pct will convert almost exclusively to test. This will allow you to maintain mass and strength from your cycle as your natural test levels are kick started. when you immediately finish your cycle your body will produce very little, if any test. Thus maintaining strength and mass is very difficult. The idea behind dhea is to start pct with a higher dose so that test levels are increased while nolva or an ai help to restart natural production. as the natural production is increased you can decrease the amount of dhea over the course of pct.

Here is something more on DHEA, neglected by many imho.
DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is a hormone produced by the adrenal gland.

DHEA is the most common sterone in human blood. Blood levels are highest during our late teens and begin to decline around age 25. By the time we reach 70 years of age, DHEA production is only a small fraction of what it was when we were younger.

Research has shown a correlation between low DHEA levels and a declining immune system.

But DHEA’s most overlooked but vital role may be its relationship with cortisol. DHEA has an inverse relationship to cortisol, i.e. when DHEA is low cortisol levels are elevated and vice-versa. Cortisol is one of the few hormones that increases with age. Cortisol is known to induce stress and when levels are elevated for long periods many bodily functions are negatively affected. For example, the body may become more insulin resistant and damage to the endocrine system via damage to the hypothalamus may occur. Maintaining healthy DHEA levels while keeping coritisol levels under control may help slow physical aging and reduce stress.

The average production of DHEA from healthy adrenal glands is approximately 25mg per day. Men produce more DHEA on average than women. It's possible that people using doses of 50-100mg daily may find this too high for long-term continuous use. Although there is no-known down-regulation (a situation whereby the adrenal glands would slow or stop their own production of DHEA in response to the continuous high levels caused by long-term DHEA supplementation), it is advisable to stop DHEA use for periods of time on a regular basis to prevent this possibility (or have DHEA levels monitored by blood tests).

So after that being said... Do you think it would be a good idea to start taking DHEA along with my PCT, already on Nolva and T-BombII, just looking to add a little bit more of a punch to my PCT but I am not to sure if DHEA is the correct path to choose.

"Every Man Dies... But Not Every Man Truly Lives"    Braveheart

Offline texasmade89

• Senior Members
Re: Interesting Information on DHEA
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »
Check out 17-Keto DHEA!

You won't need a PCT as those are not PH/AAS!

Offline MakEmLegaL

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
Dude I'm not talking about a PCT for "DHEA" I was thinking about adding it to my already PCT that's going on after my H-drol Cycle thanks anyway.
"Every Man Dies... But Not Every Man Truly Lives"    Braveheart

Offline LEiTitGo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
Did you end up using DHEA for PCT and how did you feel, many people are against this. i am about to run an h-drol cycle and was thinking aobut adding it to my pct.