Topic: Feel Good Supplements  (Read 2693 times)

Offline texasmade89

• Senior Members
Feel Good Supplements
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:46:02 PM »
Can anyone recommend a supplement that promotes a feeling of well-being, general healthy feeling?  Maybe a superfood extract or an antioxidant complex?

Offline deeja

• Senior Members
Re: Feel Good Supplements
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:00:02 PM »
Prairie naturals Cranberry Greens Force.
Made in Canada and all natural ingredients. Any greens complex will help you, but this is the best one IMO
Jacked and tanned

No fat chicks

Injury update: not looking good.

Offline Raptorbh12

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »
caffeine. After a few days without it, one cup of coffee makes me the most jovial person in the world. Without caffeine im bitter, angry and irritable...
Ill also say USP labs PowerFull makes me feel good in the morning without a groggy after effect.
Semper Fidelis

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
caffeine. After a few days without it, one cup of coffee makes me the most jovial person in the world. Without caffeine im bitter, angry and irritable...
Ill also say USP labs PowerFull makes me feel good in the morning without a groggy after effect.

Werd up, man. The first week going caffeine(or stim free, in general) is quite possibly the worst week ever... then the first week back is like wanting to race against Kenyans!

Aside from this, the only stuff none stim is like herbal teas or what have you.

Offline kohdii

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
If you have depression/bipolar and you want a "feel good" supplement for mood, try St. John's wort.
Train like you live in the wild.

http://kohdii.blogspot.com/

Offline texasmade89

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
@ Deeja: How's the taste on that?  Best source to get it from?  Ingredient profile looks real good.

@ Raptor:Ha I've been off caffeine for the last couple weeks, and is the main reason I wrote this post.  I usually use ZMA for sleep, would you say PowerFull is worth what it costs?

Offline texasmade89

• Senior Members
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
@ SoulMonkey: Lol I should have began the post saying I'm attempting to avoid stimulants particularly caffeine.  Man It's crazy to see how much caffeine contributed to workout intensity once completely off.  I sleep a lot better though, that's for sure.

@ Kohdii: St. Johns Wort is awesome I had planned to pick that up! I take the tincture formulation, is there a better method to ingesting it?  Or a particular brand you like?

Offline Raptorbh12

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »
Oooo, good point on if PowerFull is worth its cost.. I would honestly say No. Thats why I ceased buying it. It was nice to fall asleep peacefully and wake up feeling rested but my doxylamine Succinate works just as well if im too amped up on stimulants, just dont make a habit out of any supplement.
Semper Fidelis

Offline Spdgreddy86

• Senior Members
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
Im currently cycling ON's ZMA with USP Labs PowerFULL each week, Im in the 3rd cycle week back on ON's ZMA. The PowerFULL seems to effect me a bit stronger than ZMA does. Not enough to really justify the extra cost though.
I Love This Place.

Future NPC Competitor 2015.

Free Fitness Starter Guide

The Best Bodybuilding & Fitness Cookbook

Offline texasmade89

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
Thanks all yall! I'm probably just gonna hit the fruits and veggies real hard! That's my soul food! That cranberry green force sounds off the chain deej, if you got the cheapest source holla! I heard Goji berries, Goji juice is legit (extremely healthy/potent antioxidant), so yall know!

Offline Geer76

• Senior Members
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
SAM-e supports a healthy mood. You can find it at nearly every drug store. I learned of it when a friend of mine was feeling down and didn't feel like spending $$ on expensive prescriptions so I found this as a cheaper and more natural alternative.
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~ Mother Theresa

Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become. ~ Anon