Topic: power balance hologram bracelets  (Read 2630 times)

Offline jtakadaddy

• Senior Members
power balance hologram bracelets
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
does anyone have these bracelets or think that they work??

http://www.powerbalanceperformance.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/SiliconePowerBalanceBlack.jpg

suppose to improve your balance strength and endurance by using holograms or something.

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
Re: power balance hologram bracelets
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »
No. Doing regular ol' balance exercises are a tried and true formula for better balance.

Offline adamdub1

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
no i had one they suck

Offline jtakadaddy

• Senior Members
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »
Omg as much as I use this site and read reviews n browse thru the forums I can not stand getting negative forum rep just for posting things that I'm interested in.

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »
Wow. I did not negative rep you. In fact, I don't think I've ever negative rep'd anyone since I've joined except for bunk reviews that aren't part of the forums.

Offline jack3d4life

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 12:08:45 PM »
i play college football and have used these before and can say first hand that they work. your agility goes up instantly. the guy who sold it to me did a test where i stand on one leg with my hands stretched out parallel to the ground and he pulled down on my right elbow causing me to fall over, then he placed the band on my left shoulder in the same stance and put about half his weight on my right elbow again, didnt budge.
"work the muscles, not the weights" -jay cutler

Offline jtakadaddy

• Senior Members
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 01:58:40 PM »
i didnt say it was you. im just posting hella stuff on the forums n somehow my forum rep is going down. i dont want people to not take me seriously and assume that i dont know much stuff since i have negative forum rep.

Offline mpcatch7

• Senior Members
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »
The tests that they do are not legitimate tests. They have found a way to pull your body different ways without you feeling the difference so that it appears the PB is working. They do look pretty tight, so if you play a sport and need some flair and have 30 bucks to blow then they will do the trick. However, in terms of enhancing performance...nothing.
"The cowards never start and the weak die along the way."

Offline jtakadaddy

• Senior Members
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 11:14:15 PM »
haha they do look dope and thats why i have a black and a white now lol. people always ask me like is that a power balance n i say yeah n they say it looks hella cool and they want one.

Offline cdanks16

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
no personal experience with these things but last night I ran into a powerskating coach who trains NHL players. I used to do camps with him thats how I know him. He was out to eat with a few professional hockey players(no notables, just some young guys trying to make their respective NHL clubs)

They had all just gotten off of the ice in what Kenny(the skating coach) described as a tune up skate for these guys getting ready to go to their teams training camps.

All of the players were wearing these power balance bands. Now I want one LOL
Go Blackhawks!

Offline jtakadaddy

• Senior Members
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
its funny how just because professional athletes or celebs have something that it makes you want it. its sad that they are the people we look up to. me being one of the people who will buy anything if someone famous has it

Offline cdanks16

• Senior Members
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
Some pro athletes make great role-models. Some don't(cough LABRON cough). These guys, however, were nice, approachable, and humble dudes. Pretty good role-models in my book.
Go Blackhawks!