Topic: is it ok to refrigerate my whey protein ?  (Read 2728 times)

Offline rekoil7

is it ok to refrigerate my whey protein ?
« on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
just wanted to know if it would cause to any harm to the effectiveness of the whey protein ?

Offline bigben21

• Novice
Re: is it ok to refrigerate my whey protein ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »
nope, it might actually help keep it "fresh" or longer, whey is supposed to be kept in a cool dry place anyways

Offline everlastlift

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »
normally it says keep in a cool "dry" place... refrigerators usually build up some condensation... I personally wouldn't do it but, I have no proof otherwise.
"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump."

Offline wjmathewsx

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
I always refrigerate mine in the morning for about 15 minutes before drinking. It tastes better to me....Never had any problems. I like it cold.
Tough times go away. Tough people don't.

Offline everlastlift

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »
I always refrigerate mine in the morning for about 15 minutes before drinking. It tastes better to me....Never had any problems. I like it cold.
I think they're referring to the container itself... though i'm not positive. I do the same thing when its already mixed in water.
"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump."

Offline kohdii

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:34:10 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't refridgerate the container it would definitely build up some moisture which will ruin it.

Cool dry place doesn't necesarily mean COOL, it generally means room temp/out of direct sunlight or off the floor heater. lol.
Train like you live in the wild.

http://kohdii.blogspot.com/

Offline Eoiny

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 06:23:36 AM »
The container? Or individual shakes? I dont refrigerate my container, but i always keep the shaker with milk/water in the fridge before mixing in the powder, cold milkshakes then :D

Keeping the container is a cool dark place will keep it fresh, i once left a container of cyclone on my window sill and it turned green...can only imagine it was from the heat of the sun! But i see no reason to keep it in the fridge  ;D
When i think i can't do it, i put on some bangin tunes and push out the last few reps!!