Topic: suggestions on a pre cardio workout supplement  (Read 6270 times)

Offline TJMJ06

• Senior Members
suggestions on a pre cardio workout supplement
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
anyone have any suggestions on a good supplement to take before an intense cardio session?

Offline jetsfan3

• Senior Members
Re: suggestions on a pre cardio workout supplement
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »
If you take Jack3d, it will really get you going. You will have better endurance and will notice your muscles won't tire out as easily.

Offline averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
take some beta alanine(3g) and some kre alk(2 pills). I do just that before my HIIT training and I can tell my intensity has shot up the past couple sessions, being able to hit the high parts faster and longer, and being able to add minutes to my total time
Jacob from USP Labs has successfully synthesized real Unicorn blood and turned it into supplement form, it's called Pink Magic

Offline CMelanW

• Senior Members
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
I take purple wraath during mine, it helps prevent catabolism!!
MMAFreak  "Keep your mind on health and stay away from the garbage.  It's not about where you have been, its about where your going.

Offline bigworm89

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:29:48 PM »
Im not really a big BSN fan, but i have to say that Endorush is a very good pre cardio drink. It made my stamina go way up throughout the session.
Why do all Chinese people look alike?

Offline Manimal

• Supplement Advisor, Nutrition Major, IIFYM Advocate, IFer, Natural Bodybuilder, Global Moderator,
  • Expert Reviewers
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
Im not really a big BSN fan, but i have to say that Endorush is a very good pre cardio drink. It made my stamina go way up throughout the session.

100% agree man
BullsEyeFitness client/athlete

Too many people accept everything they hear as conventional wisdom. No one wants to question anything.

IIFYM-FTW

Bros will be bros.

Offline MMAFreak

• Lockout Supplements Rep
  • Expert Reviewers
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »
If it is going to be a really long training session then I would recommend staying away from stims.  When I do long MMA sessions I eat a big bowl of oatmeal a couple of hours before and sip on gatorade throughout the session.  Beta alanine and arginine can be good too.
Lockout Supplements Rep
5% Discount Code=review

Offline Eoiny

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 06:26:48 AM »
I use universal storm as a pre and post workout. Works wonders for energy. I previously used Sci-mx enduro fuel which replaces glycogen in your body before and during workouts, however it loads you with carbs so it depends is you want that or not. I found both storm and enduro-fuel great for endurance during cardio though!
When i think i can't do it, i put on some bangin tunes and push out the last few reps!!

Offline averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 05:50:58 PM »
I use universal storm as a pre and post workout. Works wonders for energy. I previously used Sci-mx enduro fuel which replaces glycogen in your body before and during workouts, however it loads you with carbs so it depends is you want that or not. I found both storm and enduro-fuel great for endurance during cardio though!

Even if your trying to diet it's still smart to have some carbs in your system before working out. MMA Freak said it best w/ a bowl of oatmeal. If the tank is empty in terms of carbs your performance will suffer, leading to a less productive workout. The one exception to that is if your doing CKD, in which your performance is suffering regardless
Jacob from USP Labs has successfully synthesized real Unicorn blood and turned it into supplement form, it's called Pink Magic

Offline kohdii

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 10:53:52 PM »
Cardio should be done without a pre-workout drink.

Best pre workout for cardio: watch 300.
Train like you live in the wild.

http://kohdii.blogspot.com/

Offline kverdone

• Senior Members
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 12:59:15 AM »
I'm going to put in a second vote for Purple Wraath. I used my sample from Controlled Labs today about 30 minutes before I played an hour and a half of basketball, followed by an hour of volleyball, and I felt pretty fantastic the entire time. It wasn't in any way a "rush" like other preworkouts, but I definitely just felt flat out good and ready to go.

Offline dublin10

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
Eat a good meal an hour before cardio, stay away from cereals as they are mostly short burst energy and bread as it expands in your stomach (my coach tells me) ! Try Brown rice with some turkey or some form of Pasta chicken dish also bananas are a good pre cario snack, I eat this before matches and it works for me.

As far as a supplement goes iv been using Musclespeed (ACCELERATIVE NUTRACEUTICALS) pre workout, it doesnt send your heart racing but does deliver good clean energy!

Offline chickenlegs

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »
the question is whether or not your dieteing, if you are then  that would make a difference on what you would use. In all reality caffeine is one of the only proven things out there to actually enhance your performance and caffeine comes in just about everything these days. there was actually a stud in MD about how caffeine,creatine,bcaas, and beta alanine  increase HIIT performance. There is alot of good preworkouts out there that have these in them, bebest to go with a brand that doesnt use proprietray blends so you can know what your getting and especially if your dieting to make sure your not having any filler carbs or sugar in the product, biggest thing I would recommend is ether an energy drink or preworkout that has no calories here's a few that have worked for me :

cellucor NO extreme- basically caffeine,beta alanine and bcaas, has a few other stims as well
cellucor M5 extreme- the original version with krealkalyn, has it all and low on stims
ANIMAL PUMP- creatine, arginine, bcaas, beta, stims
endorush- downside is its quite stim'd out and has a high amount of glycerol which can make some people dehydrate
BUZZERK- pretty awesome preworkout, does have waxymaize carbs in it but decent stims, bcaas,krealkalyn, beta, tastes like lemonade to
a mans true charcter doesnt show when things are easy and everyone is watching,, his true character shows when theres no one around and its him vs himself