Topic: Best Time to Take CLA's and Green Tea  (Read 18151 times)

Offline roaddoggs

Best Time to Take CLA's and Green Tea
« on: May 08, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »
I have always taken my green tea extract in the am and my CLA during the night time, me and my lifting buddy were just talking about this and debating. He tells me I should take them all in the am on the empty stomach along with the thermo if I am currently on one. What is everyone opinion on getting the max out of the CLA's and Extract, thanks.

Offline kverdone

• Senior Members
Re: Best Time to Take CLA's and Green Tea
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 12:11:55 AM »
What I've been told and seen quite often on these boards is that people take a serving of both of them at each major meal of the day.

Offline roaddoggs

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 12:18:11 AM »
What I've been told and seen quite often on these boards is that people take a serving of both of them at each major meal of the day.

hmmm k the reason i ask if because the cla burns fat so it would make sense to take it at night and the green tea speeds up metabolism so to take that first thing in the am would make sense to me, but who knows with the human body, making sense doesn't always make sense if you get me....

Offline kverdone

• Senior Members
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:56:19 AM »
How much of each were you taking?

I don't know the total amount recommended for Green Tea, but most people recommend at least 5 grams of CLA a day. I doubt the body can absorb all of that at once.

I think the idea is that by spacing your doses throughout the day with meals, it allows your body to absorb as much as it can from each dose and really use it, as opposed to just peeing out the excess.

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 01:02:28 AM »
Your body won't be able to utilize all of the nutrients at once, so split them up. This is what I do so I don't overstim to late:

7:30 AM Recreate first thing in the morning
CLA with breakfast
Green Tea Extract Mid Morning

12 PM Recreate right before I go to work
CLA with lunch
Green Tea Extract mid afternoon usually after my second biggest meal. Also, taking the Green Tea Extract at that time gives me a little caffeine boost to keep me going at work.

CLA with casein shake before bed.

I obviously eat a lot more smaller meals than most to keep up with how I roll with my schedule and not overeat at one particular meal of the day to make up for calories. But that's how I like to roll. If that's too hard to keep up with then do CLA and Green Tea Extract during 2 of your biggest meals earlier during the day. Try to avoid caffeine with dinner or anything like that 6-8 hours before bed. If you aren't stim sensitive, 4-6 hours will be fine.

To answer your second question: run 1 gram(1,000 mg's) to 2 grams of Green Tea Extract a day. So, if you have 500 mg tablets, then do one mid-morning or breakfast and then the second one with lunch or mid-afternoon. I'm personally thinking of going against the grain around here with the CLA consumption being 3-4 grams a day instead of the massive 6-8 a day. I read up some studies that report that 3-4 grams was just as effective(and considered safer) as 6-8 grams. This should help with money, too. Sorry, I don't like spending all that much money on supplements if I know that I could do something to not burn through them so quickly. I like supplements, but I don't like supplements that much.

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 01:12:48 AM »
Also, I should mention that I eat 2 mini breakfast's. I first consume a protein shake with some berries or I kill off a little more juice that I haven't been drinking for awhile. Then half an hour later I eat my solid food breakfast. With the protein shake, that's when I take kre-alkalyn, bcaa's, gluta-lyn. With solid food breakfast I have CLA, multivitamin, fish oil, etc etc.

Offline roaddoggs

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 01:13:44 AM »
How much of each were you taking?

I don't know the total amount recommended for Green Tea, but most people recommend at least 5 grams of CLA a day. I doubt the body can absorb all of that at once.

I think the idea is that by spacing your doses throughout the day with meals, it allows your body to absorb as much as it can from each dose and really use it, as opposed to just peeing out the excess.

Only taking 2 grams a day, not alot, just enough to get a little extra into the system. While I am talking about this has anyone tried VPX Clenbutrx? I know everyone on here are fans of OEP but from what i've read and have heard from word of mouth if you can get past the taste of Clenbutrx it is a much better supp overall....