Topic: CLA...Best Time to Take It?  (Read 5536 times)

Offline dammit

• Senior Members
CLA...Best Time to Take It?
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:49 AM »
I went a bought a couple of bottles of CLA since I was out and the kid I talked to said he'd just read a review that stated that the best way to take CLA was to take 4g right before bed and not worry about splitting it and taking it in two or more doses.  I tried to find any supporting evidence of this and all I get is a bunch of women's sites saying to take 1g at each meal per day.  I'll be taking it during a maintanence level diet while my fiance' will be taking it during her weight loss dieting.  Its more important for her which I why I'm asking.  In the past, I've used it at 2g with breakfast and 2g with dinner.  Is there any reason to take it all together before bed?  Has anyone tried it both ways and/or have any supporting info?  Thanks.
If you have one foot stuck in yesterday and one foot stuck in tomorrow, you are peeing on today.

Offline adamdub1

• Senior Members
Re: CLA...Best Time to Take It?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »
before bed would be good i think but the way you're splitting it up I think is better. so maybe breakfast dinner bedtime meals.
that what I do with my omegas.

Offline dammit

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »
For me, not my fiance, I also take 1g of fish oil per meals and also 1g of flax oil.  I'm wondering if taking all of that oil will counteract each other in any way. 
If you have one foot stuck in yesterday and one foot stuck in tomorrow, you are peeing on today.

Offline MMAFreak

• Lockout Supplements Rep
  • Expert Reviewers
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:37:42 AM »
It is said that in order to get the maximum effects of CLA that you need around 4g's of the actual CLA a day.  Since most CLA supps don't contain 100% CLA you need to look at the label and figure up the content.  So if you your 1000mg caps are only 80% CLA then you will need to take at least 5 caps a day.  I usually take 6 caps a day split up by taking 2 at a time with breakfast, lunch, and dinner when I have the 1000mg version. I don't know if there is any benefit to splitting the doses or taking them all before bed, but I feel like it helps more to split them up. When I have the MRM 1250mg version I do 1 with breakfast and 2 with lunch and dinner.  Right now bodybuilding.com has this brand on sale buy two get one free, which is what I just ordered.  Here is the link to the deal, hope this helps you out bro.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrm/cla.html
Lockout Supplements Rep
5% Discount Code=review

Offline MMAFreak

• Lockout Supplements Rep
  • Expert Reviewers
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
For me, not my fiance, I also take 1g of fish oil per meals and also 1g of flax oil.  I'm wondering if taking all of that oil will counteract each other in any way. 
It shouldn't.  I take my fish oil along with my CLA and I still seem to be reaping the benefits of both.
Lockout Supplements Rep
5% Discount Code=review

Offline adamdub1

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »
I know that its not the best source of info but in Arnolds bodybuilging bible he said 6g of fish oil is best per day for fat loss. But i also did read 5-8g is best on bodybuilding.com

Offline dammit

• Senior Members
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »
I'm taking the fish oil more for joint support.  I'm on a lifting sabbatical right now as my shoulder is still inflamed.  When I get more worried about cutting, I'll up the fish oils.  But thanks for the input.

Offline flexas

• Senior Members
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:59:23 AM »
I dont see any reason why it would be best to do 4g before bed. I wonder where he came up with that. I use mrm's 1250 like MMAFreak and do 2 with breakfast lunch and dinner. I would think it would be best split the dosage to keep a constant supply and very article iv read claims the same.
" I have some pain im goin to have for the rest of my life. So every now and then im going to kick your F'ing A and stomp on you"
       -Iron Mike Tyson