Topic: GNC Pro Performance AMP Women's Ripped Vitapak  (Read 11828 times)

Offline Tonlynthib

GNC Pro Performance AMP Women's Ripped Vitapak
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:02:28 AM »
I realize that it is mostly men on this site but I keep getting different answers when I ask GNC about how to take this supplement and about my pre-workout. I was taking NO Explode previously but since starting the vitapak, I've been taking Assault. Which pills do I take when? Today I took the Biotin, X-12 and the water pill before my workout and then I just took one of the multi-vitamins and two fish oils with my breakfast. I was taking them all in the morning and it was really upsetting my stomach and making me feel bloated all day. I wanted to make sure that my pre-workout wasn't the cause, maybe it was just because I was taking them all at once? I just need a little guidance please!!
Thank you in advance!!

Offline Gkeezy

• Locker Roommates
Re: GNC Pro Performance AMP Women's Ripped Vitapak
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:41 AM »
Multivitamins are best when taken on a full stomach, I usually take them with my biggest meal.
Never let the failures of yesterday hold you back from the successes of tomorrow

RIP Iron Brother T2K

Offline DanTheManski

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:03:24 AM »
The Womens Ripped Vitapak contains the following elements

2 X Multi Vitamin
1 X Water-x
1 X Biotin 5000
4 X CLA = 4g of CLA
1 X X-12 (Thermo)

My advice to you.

Take the multi with your largest meal of the day. This maybe be the biggest thing upsetting your stomach.

Depending on when you workout, I would do the X - 12 first thing in the AM to use as a "pick me up" and then you may take the CLA, Biotin, and Water pilll when you see fit.

I personally would split 2g of CLA in the morning, and 2g of CLA before bed. But that's just me.

Source - GNC employee of 2 years.

Offline pudgusky

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
Assault makes me feel bloated too. I think it's because they use low quality creatine mono and tons of dyes. Try switching off of that and see if you improve.

Offline lava135

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07:53 AM »
I think most people totally over-think this.  Vita packs (in general) are of questionable effectiveness in the first place due to a ton of variables so I wouldn't get all OCD over things.  Take your vitamins with your first major meal.  Take your pwo before you work out.
"Luck is the last dying chance of those that wish to believe that winning can happen by accident.  Sweat, on the other hand, are for those who know it's a choice."  Author Unknown

"You can't re-rack life."  Dom Mazetti

Offline Tonlynthib

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 05:52:08 AM »
I think most people totally over-think this.  Vita packs (in general) are of questionable effectiveness in the first place due to a ton of variables so I wouldn't get all OCD over things.  Take your vitamins with your first major meal.  Take your pwo before you work out.

What would you recommend instead of the vitapak?
I'm not really trying lose weight exactly. I'd just like to get more toned. Last year I was taking Detonate (before the fiasco of course) and using N.O. Explode and I lost all the weight I needed to.
I generally don't get too OCD about this, I just noticed that when I was taking the supplements was affecting how I was feeling so wanted to find out if anyone had a better idea.

Offline lava135

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:33 AM »
Sorry, my fault - I wasn't necessarily bashing a specific product - VitaPak may be fine, just that in general, we aren't going to see a great range of benefits from vitamin supplements above and beyond most other products - so companies try to add more and more things to the paks to try and differentiate themselves from the competitors.  So if the price is right, I wouldn't worry about it - but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them, either.  My gf uses Anavite and she says they're great.  And she only takes half a serving so it's way economical for her.  The only thing she uses is Annavite, her pwo and protein - right now she's actually hooked on King Mass by RCSS.

She looks pretty good in my opinion for a 70 year old...

"Luck is the last dying chance of those that wish to believe that winning can happen by accident.  Sweat, on the other hand, are for those who know it's a choice."  Author Unknown

Offline Tonlynthib

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 08:17:50 AM »
Sorry, my fault - I wasn't necessarily bashing a specific product - VitaPak may be fine, just that in general, we aren't going to see a great range of benefits from vitamin supplements above and beyond most other products - so companies try to add more and more things to the paks to try and differentiate themselves from the competitors.  So if the price is right, I wouldn't worry about it - but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them, either.  My gf uses Anavite and she says they're great.  And she only takes half a serving so it's way economical for her.  The only thing she uses is Annavite, her pwo and protein - right now she's actually hooked on King Mass by RCSS.

She looks pretty good in my opinion for a 70 year old...

Whoa! SHE'S 70??! That's awesome!
I wasn't being a smart aleck by asking what you would suggest. I was genuinely curious. I'm just learning about a lot of this stuff so I like to gather all the information I can before changing something or making alterations. :)

Offline lava135

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 08:19:26 AM »
No worries - asking questions is great!  (She's 55 btw, I was just being cute.) n But the moral of the story is that you can achieve a lot with just a few key supplements.

Offline YesILift

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
I ran the women's ripped vpak for 60 days and it resulted in nothing but trouble. The lethargy that resulted was unparalleled. The thermo is noneffective and don't get me started on the mark-up. GNC's vitamins are wildly overpriced. They produce them at their own facility at a cost of approximately $3 per box/30 day supply and sell them for $60. It's criminal.  Multi's are fine for people who's diet is hugely caloric or phytosterol deficient or if they simply don't eat a proper diet, otherwise you really should be tailoring your intake to your personal needs. But then again, supplements are so personal that it's hard to make any sweeping generalizations. What works for one individual, will not necessarily work for the next. This vpak, however....well, I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy (or biggest competition).
No, I don't live in the gym. Stop asking.

Offline Brotein

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:23 PM »
I ran the women's ripped vpak for 60 days and it resulted in nothing but trouble. The lethargy that resulted was unparalleled. The thermo is noneffective and don't get me started on the mark-up. GNC's vitamins are wildly overpriced. They produce them at their own facility at a cost of approximately $3 per box/30 day supply and sell them for $60. It's criminal.  Multi's are fine for people who's diet is hugely caloric or phytosterol deficient or if they simply don't eat a proper diet, otherwise you really should be tailoring your intake to your personal needs. But then again, supplements are so personal that it's hard to make any sweeping generalizations. What works for one individual, will not necessarily work for the next. This vpak, however....well, I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy (or biggest competition).

Can you provide a source for your information on their production costs?
You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets

Offline YesILift

• Novice
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »

Can you provide a source for your information on their production costs?
company auditor
No, I don't live in the gym. Stop asking.

Offline Tonlynthib

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »

Tbh it really hasn't done much for me so far. I'm pretty disappointed with it.