Author Topic: Craze under fire...  (Read 992 times)

Gkeezy

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +277/-82
Never let the failures of yesterday hold you back from the successes of tomorrow

RIP Iron Brother T2K

workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +226/-97
Re: Craze under fire...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
I have never tried Craze before but heard it was pretty good. I know a guy that took this and really liked it a lot. He is no longer taking this anymore. This really sucks this has happened to this product. Not good.
There will be PAIN there will be SUFFERING but where OTHERS FALL I will continue TO RISE.

sdunlimited

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +244/-5
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »
More ridiculous, sensationalized krap if you ask me.  Lava, if you see this, I am mad bro!

Polyethylene Glycol is a 'chemical cousin' to Ethylene Glycol or anti-freeze but it's used in toothpaste, skin creams, etc

Careful now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_glycol

Currently running my Log of 2014 – Feat. A Continuous Array of Products, Growth and Results in the Journal's forum

garlick

• VP of S.T.O.R.M.
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +909/-49
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:23:14 PM »
More ridiculous, sensationalized krap if you ask me.  Lava, if you see this, I am mad bro!

Polyethylene Glycol is a 'chemical cousin' to Ethylene Glycol or anti-freeze but it's used in toothpaste, skin creams, etc

Careful now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_glycol

Yeah, i read that too, and rolled my eyes. Once you change a chemical structure, you change the way it interacts in the system.

The telling quote was actually from the scientist who said:
"Its stimulant, addictive and other adverse effects in humans are entirely unknown. Regulatory agencies should act expeditiously to warn consumers and remove N,α-DEPEA from all dietary supplements."

That's the most ridiculous statement I think I've ever read. So let's pull something from the market immediately BEFORE we run studies and trials on it. Brilliant. Let's also ban kids eating dirt because human trials and studies have not been done on dirt to determine the effect it has on humans......ugh.

HYDE

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +64/-13
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Lets continue eating horrible processed foods and prescribing medication that causes all types of adverse side effects but ban something that "may or may not be" harmful. Lets continue to produce margarine and promote it as food. That crap should have to be sold in the section with plastic containers. I bet its the liberals behind this trying to regulate every little thing.
Here at the SR we are better than you and we know it.

WWDD: what would Dom do?

"A lot of people sit around waiting for their ship to come in, I plan on jumping in the water and swimming out to it."

workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +226/-97
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 04:16:20 PM »
Here is the latest statement from Driven Sports that was posted today on this issue.
http://drivensports.com/20131015386/Driven-Sports-Blog/statement-regarding-media-attention-on-craze-from-10-25-13
There will be PAIN there will be SUFFERING but where OTHERS FALL I will continue TO RISE.

AlphandOmega

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +99/-17
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
From the article:
‘Criminal-chemists start with a known drug - in this case methamphetamine, then in their factor they start making little changes to it,’ Cohen told CNN.

‘Here, they pop a few extra carbon and hydrogen molecules onto it. But the main structure/backbone/skeleton of the drug remains the same.’

H20=Water
H2O2=Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen Peroxide has the same structure as H2O with ONE added Oxygen molecule. So by this guy's logic they must both do the same thing upon being digested into the body.
"Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we."-Lee Haney

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker..."-Ronald Reagan

sdunlimited

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +244/-5
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »
From the article:
‘Criminal-chemists start with a known drug - in this case methamphetamine, then in their factor they start making little changes to it,’ Cohen told CNN.

‘Here, they pop a few extra carbon and hydrogen molecules onto it. But the main structure/backbone/skeleton of the drug remains the same.’

H20=Water
H2O2=Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen Peroxide has the same structure as H2O with ONE added Oxygen molecule. So by this guy's logic they must both do the same thing upon being digested into the body.

Yeah, that quote was classic for sure.  So easy to just 'pop a few extra carbon and hydrogen molecules' on there....AND, make it a completely different compound!

I had a similar conversation the other day (based in politics) about how uninformed many people are and just take stories and quotes like this as truth.  Unbelievable...

Trying to be objective, they may have a point if the altered compound gets metabolized in the body and converted into the desired compound (meth in this case) but there's no mention of that here in the article at all. 

Currently running my Log of 2014 – Feat. A Continuous Array of Products, Growth and Results in the Journal's forum

AlphandOmega

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +99/-17
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
From the article:

H20=Water
H2O2=Hydrogen Peroxide

Yeah, that quote was classic for sure.  So easy to just 'pop a few extra carbon and hydrogen molecules' on there....AND, make it a completely different compound!

I had a similar conversation the other day (based in politics) about how uninformed many people are and just take stories and quotes like this as truth.  Unbelievable...

Trying to be objective, they may have a point if the altered compound gets metabolized in the body and converted into the desired compound (meth in this case) but there's no mention of that here in the article at all. 

Very true as that is basically the whole premise of Pro-Hormones. But I really, really doubt that some organic chemist or pharmacist sat at Driven Labs and formulated a compound that would become Meth after being metabolized in the human body. And then stick it in a Pre-workout formula. I mean the dude/chick would be an overnight celebrity for major drug cartels over night.
"Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we."-Lee Haney

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker..."-Ronald Reagan

garlick

• VP of S.T.O.R.M.
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +909/-49
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
Here is the latest statement from Driven Sports that was posted today on this issue.
http://drivensports.com/20131015386/Driven-Sports-Blog/statement-regarding-media-attention-on-craze-from-10-25-13

Very well written statement that will get absolutely no media coverage whatsoever.

MuscleCow

• Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +138/-26
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
This is sad, because the general population is too stupid to understand that they are being fed bullpoo.  They will just read the article, believe it and boycott the company.

There should be a mandatory chemistry lesson before people are allowed to write stories on stuff like this.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel (Starting soon):
youtube.com/user/TheMuscleCow
|More reviews|Supplement First Impressions|Advice|Q&A|Nutrition|Training|Random Videos|

Friend request or follow me:
instagram.com/muscle_cow
facebook.com/MuscleCow     <-I enter a lot of giveaways on FB ;)

HYDE

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +64/-13
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 09:53:48 AM »
This is sad, because the general population is too stupid to understand that they are being fed bullpoo.  They will just read the article, believe it and boycott the company.

There should be a mandatory chemistry lesson before people are allowed to write stories on stuff like this.
I hope this doesn't make it on dateline like dmaa did. My family gave me crap about jack3d while they continue to follow a typical western diet telling me im going to die of heart problems. Irony at its finest.
Here at the SR we are better than you and we know it.

WWDD: what would Dom do?

"A lot of people sit around waiting for their ship to come in, I plan on jumping in the water and swimming out to it."

DanBBZ

• Forum Rep: +0/-3
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
seems to happen to every pre workout that actually works