Topic: Osta Rx and Adderall, is it safe?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline UprightRows

• Senior Members
Osta Rx and Adderall, is it safe?
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:00:07 AM »
I am 2 weeks and 2 days into what I was intending to be a 4 week ostarine cycle (I'm taking osta rx from iron mag), but I might end up running it for six weeks cause I'm loving it so far.

Anyway, I haven't seen much in terms of gains (~1.25 lbs, and probably all muscle so far), the biggest effect I have noticed is the ostarine gives me an enhanced feeling of mind-muscle control/proprioception. I'm not sure if its making me stronger yet, but I have been putting up more weight because I feel like it's making my movements and form a lot better. I am considering adding Adderall(I have a lot of experience using it in the past), which would probably take my focus and intensity to levels I've never seen.

My first question is; is it safe? I assume it would be because osta is a SARM and Adderall is basically a dopamine reuptake inhibitor (among other things), I keep good track of my blood pressure as I feel that would be the only danger. If anyone has any experience with this give me some input.

My 2nd question is whether or not adding it(no pun intended) would be counterproductive to my goals. Going into this I looking for about 5lbs of lean gains in 4 weeks with maybe some nice recomp effects as well, but I might have to do the osta for 6 weeks. The Adderall will probably ratchet up my metabolism, which is high to begin with. I've been shooting for 3300 cal a day, and its still hard for me to make serious gains in weight, although strength is steadily going up. Plus anyone who has used Adderall knows that it seriously affects your appetite.

Offline AS79

• Locker Roommates
Re: Osta Rx and Adderall, is it safe?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:03:35 AM »
Not sure about the adderall, I am sure someone else will chime in. 

On the dosing, I think it is unlikely you will see much in terms of results running osta for 4 weeks.  I think 6 is probably the bare min with most going at least 8 weeks.
LGI Supplements Rep

Offline Isplisgardt

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
With the appetite issues with adderal I wouldn't take it with Osta but it's entirely up to you
Its never to late to be the person you want to be

EVLution Nutrition Rep

Offline UprightRows

• Senior Members
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
@ AS79: I agree, I feel like if I want to reach my goals 4 weeks isn't going to cut it. I was kind of holding out to see if I see any signs of suppression midway through week 4 and then making the decision whether or not to extend my cycle. I have a mini pct (nothing crazy, just dpol and erase) planned and have serm on hand just in case, still might just stop at 4 weeks if I feel suppression and haven't seen enough gains by then.

@ Isplisgardt: Yeah, surprisingly the Osta has really increased my appetite, might be a placebo effect, but I feel like I'm hungry all the time. So maybe that will override the effects of the Adderall, plus I can always just force my self to eat, even if I don't enjoy it as much. And I'm planning on using a pretty low dose of Adderall, 20mg ED.   

Offline Nickthatowel

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
Osta has way slower gains i think your expectations are too high and its better for slow steady gains. And as long as you can eat enough while on the adderal you should be good but that might be hard seeing as it kills appetite
Build your body not your ego

Offline UprightRows

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »
Well if I stay on pace and keep eating I don't think its unrealistic for me to put 4lbs in 4 weeks, especially if I can keep my cals clean and ~3500. Also I feel like the Osta is starting to really kick in at the start of week 2. But I'm still seriously considering using the second bottle of osta.

The other thing I'm really curious about is what my mood will be like, osta rx has l-dopa, which is a precursor for dopamine and epinephrine, and Adderall( well at least one of the amphetamine isomers in it) has strong re uptake inhibition for those catecholamines at the synaptic cleft, so I will probably feel amazing during my workouts/ in general. 

Offline garlick

• VP of S.T.O.R.M.
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »
I take Adderal regularly, as I'm diagnosed ADD.

I took it all throughout my Osta RX cycle with no ill effects.

Now, I was already used to my dosages of the Adderal so it's different than if you haven't been taking it, and are going to add it mid stream.

Still, I don't think you'll have any issues with blood pressure at all adding it in.

On another note, I didn't really see my gains starting till week 3, and the best gains were probably in week 5-7.

Offline UprightRows

• Senior Members
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 07:29:08 AM »
Thanks garlick, +rep. I'll have to run it a little longer. Also, if you don't mind me asking, were you taking Adderall, Adderall XR, or generic mixed amphet. salts?

Offline garlick

• VP of S.T.O.R.M.
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
Thanks garlick, +rep. I'll have to run it a little longer. Also, if you don't mind me asking, were you taking Adderall, Adderall XR, or generic mixed amphet. salts?

Both standard Adderall, 10mg morning and afternoon total of 20mg per day, and Generic Mixed Amph Salts.

Offline UprightRows

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »
Took me awhile to respond, too busy lifting haha. Fooing crushing it all day!!! I'm taking XR 20s and I should log this s**t, after adding it combined with the osta rx my strength gains are ridiculous and that's only 2 days. Immediate appetite suppression is there, but I expected that and forced myself to eat. I have a feeling this would work well with an IF plan

Offline texasmade89

• Senior Members
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »
what is the schedule with your adderall consumption? 

Offline UprightRows

• Senior Members
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 08:41:27 AM »
I take 20mgs of Adderall XR(that's the extended release version) at around 10 or 11 am. I don't think I mentioned it but I take 2 pills of the Osta Rx as soon as I wake up, and 1 more pill(osta) an hour before I train, which is usually ~5 hours later. Occasionally (like every other week for leg or back day) I will add an additional 10mg of adderall 1 hour before training.

Important to say I have extensive experience with adderall and know that I have a very high stimulant tolerance. The osta rx has yohimbe and couple ingredients that can increase your heart rate, so if anyone else is thinking about trying this start with 10mgs of the Adderall XR and see how you feel. BTW, even if you are sitting still, you will sweat your balls off for the first 2 days.