Topic: Jim Stoppani Superman Program log  (Read 8478 times)

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
Jim Stoppani Superman Program log
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
Okay ladies and gents so here it is. I am going to do a log for 7 weeks on Jim Stoppanis superman program  ;D. I am going to stick to everything the way he has it set up, besides the first week. I took a week off of working out since I had some bad forearm pains going on. Any ways this first week I am going to start the programs workout today. I am going to do the first work out today. Since I am starting off this program in the middle of the week I am going to have no rest days. I should be fine since I took a week off and don't tend to get extremely sore, but next week I will follow everything about his program. Including diet, workouts, supplements, etc. I am also going to throw in cardio (Hockey) on two of the rest days since I am trying to gain lean muscle while burn as much fat as I can for spring break.

So here it is the diet is set up like this

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/gain-mass/superman-program-nutrition

The work outs are set up like this

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/routines/superman-program-training

The supplements I will be taking

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/supplements/build-muscle/superman-program-supplements

I will include before and after pictures. Also I'll take a picture every week to see if I have recieved any change or not during that week in my physique.

Other than that I think thats about it. I will update this for the first time tonight on how the first workout went. Which looks pretty damn brutal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhNn-rkvqyQ

Offline Meuth

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
Re: Jim Stoppani Superman Program log
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »
That's a lot of sets!!!!  No deadlift? 
On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero.

Go Spotless!  Press it or wear it!

Why do you have scabs on your shins? Because of the mother-fooing deadlift!

50 Shades of GAINZ!

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »
I forgot to mention that instead of taking a pre workout I will be including OEP. For a N.O. product I will be including yok3d. Protein is Dymatize Elite Gourmet. Body Buildings beta alanine, test booster, and amino acids powder.

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »
he does the "romanian deadlifts" for the program in work out two, There is also dead lifts in work out four. If you click on the link for week one it shoes you all the work out you will be doing.And tell me about it Meuth, this is going to be brutal!

Online iSamurai

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
It seems like a lot of the programs from bb.com and the sort, don't include deadlifts in their routines....idk why?

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »
I agree, it is probably because a lot of people don't have proper form and will end up ruining their backs trying to dead lift haha, but here is the layout for week one for the workouts. http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/routines/superman-program-training?page=0

Online iSamurai

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »
I agree, it is probably because a lot of people don't have proper form and will end up ruining their backs trying to dead lift haha, but here is the layout for week one for the workouts. http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/routines/superman-program-training?page=0

That would be my guess too, but they incorporate squats where people butcher their form as well.  I remember asking Kris Gethin about his 4 week DTP program and why there weren't any deadlifts incorporated, and he responded that the bent over DB rows worked your back enough.  If he says so... ???

Offline CamSTL

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
I actually am going to do the superman program after I finish my rehab for my pec. Im thinking starting off with light weight for high reps will help me after my long lay off. Im not going to use all the supps they say we should tho.

Interested in how this works for you

@ Meuth, theres deads on the leg/tricep day i believe
We'll see what happens when I no longer exist

Offline Daloof911

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
I'm in for sure. Curious how this will turn out. That's a lot of protein shakes though.

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »
Yeah Daloof I think im going to take the protein shake before the workout out and switch the one at night to a casein shake.

Offline umad

• Senior Members
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
There is infact deadlifts on workout day 4, I thought the same thing when I first looked at the program. I think it is a welcome change from all of the usual bb.com not including compound lifts and what not. I am interested to see how you go bro.
'Our biggest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our biggest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.' - Marianne Wilkinson

u mad ?

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »
Okay well I just finished up the first workout and let me tell you it wasn't easy! That workout was no joke; I haven't had a workout that intense since high school sports. Anyways the workout went incredibly well. The pump I received during the super sets were unreal, I have not had a pump like that ever in the gym! A couple of the regulars were even telling me how vascular and pumped my chest, forearms, and biceps were. I still have a pretty decent pump going on in my biceps and chest still, which is pretty damn good considering pumps go away for me around a half hour after working out. The yok3d I took before also contributed to these pumps as well. The first two sets of the super sets aren't so bad, but the last two is where the burn and fatigues catches you and really starts to kick your ass.

I forgot to set up my starting stats, so here they are.
Weight: 175
BF: I'm guessing 15%ish? (I'll check tomorrow when I get to the gym, they have the electronic handheld one so I know it isn't too accurate)
Height: 5'9

Also I will be posting before pictures shortly that were taken earlier this morning.

Offline coxie76

• Senior Members
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:09 PM »
Here's the before pics

Offline Frankiemusc

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »
Jim Stoppani's short cut to size was solid.....this seems like over training to me

This is excessive set wise, almost like he is trying to re-invent the wheel

will be following though.......good luck
May fasted cardio be with u always.....

I am old school, I don't use LOL...it's HA

Offline Meuth

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 06:03:10 AM »
You should wear a hockey mask in your pix.  It's all the rage I hear. 
On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero.

Go Spotless!  Press it or wear it!

Why do you have scabs on your shins? Because of the mother-fooing deadlift!

50 Shades of GAINZ!