Topic: USP OxyElite Pro and Recreate -- Drug test fail? (Especially if you're military)  (Read 34994 times)

• Reputation: +3
For all military people out there, I'm hoping someone might have an answer.  I'm going to start using either OEP or Recreate (I think I'm going to go with OEP).  Does anyone know if these products will cause a false positive on a drug test?  I'm pretty sure the answer would be "no," but I want to hear it from others, especially those in the military.  I'm also going to ask the flight doc.

Offline HarryMuscles

• Posts: 320
  • Reputation: +51
I haven't personally tried either supplement, nor am I in the military, but there is no reason for them to trigger a false positive. Drug tests check for specific metabolites, none of which will form in your body from these supplements.
-Harry

• Reputation: +3
Thanks Harry.  This kinda stuff always gets me a little concerned.

Offline deumcole

• Expert Reviewer Zombie Deadlifter 3rd Degree Black Belt (TKD, HKD)
  • Locker Roommates
  • Posts: 10050
  • Reputation: +2935
OEP might, it sez right on the bottle under the warning label in bold letters. If you haven't gotten OEP yet, then get Recreate. I don't if Recreate would fail a test, but there's a good chanve OEP might.
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

"You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week."

Offline burly12

• Posts: 1
  • Reputation: 0
I'm in the military and I hear that anything over the counter is alright to take. That's all I know though. Maybe you just have to declare you are taking OEP before the drug test is taken.

Offline HarryMuscles

• Posts: 320
  • Reputation: +51
The warning on the label is most likely for pro lifters who are tested before competitions. There is nothing illicit or prescription-only, so nothing that will trigger a normal drug test.
-Harry

Offline Raptorbh12

• Global Moderator
  • Posts: 3300
  • Reputation: +2601
What do the drug tests for the military specifically test for (specifically the pee test).
Im afraid some high end stimulant products such as OEP might trigger an amphetamine test but im not sure if they even test for that in a urinalysis.
If Emery could shed some light on this im sure he would know the answer.
Semper Fidelis

Offline Emery

• Posts: 1393
  • Reputation: +550
I guess it is possible to trigger positive but I think unlikely. The tests do indeed test for Cocaine, Amphetamine, Marijuana(THC), Methamphetamine, and Opiates. Also, of course, alcohol and possibly benzodiazipines like Ativan, Valium, Xanax, etc in the 7 panel.

Unless the product you are taking has illegal amphetamines in it, you are safe. As we know, supplements don't always have what they say they do in them. Sometimes this is what makes the supplement work so well.

I would think you would be fairly safe but I understand military life as well. There is little room for error in the UCMJ!!!

You could buy a 5 panel test from Walgreens and test your urine yourself. This would tell you if you test positive for the substance you are worried about. Online you can buy home tests for a couple of bucks. At walgreens I think they are 10 - 15 bucks.

Good luck and let us know!
whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right! ~Henry Ford~

• Reputation: +3
What do the drug tests for the military specifically test for (specifically the *** test).
If Emery could shed some light on this im sure he would know the answer.

Well, I started using Recreate today.  Obviously way too early to tell if it does what it says, but I can feel the effects.  I'll add my $0.02 after I've gone through a couple bottles in the reviews, but here's what I did Raptor.  If you (or anyone else in the military or someplace that does Operation Golden Flow, do some CYA.  I forwarded the description from bodybuilder.com for OEP and Recreate to my flight doc to get his take regarding the effects and possible pee test concerns.  He wrote back and said that of the two, he would prefer that I use Recreate if he had to choose one.  He also said that neither of them concern him for a false positive on the pee test.
Thank you very much.  Save, Print, File.  It won't be my get out of jail free card, but it will carry lots of weight.  CYA.  It never hurts.
The military is squirrelly with this stuff Raptor, so be wary.

• Reputation: +3
Not true Burly.  Whoever told you that told you wrong.  If you get a positive on a pee test, you're in for a long haul.  And I know of several instances where supps were taken off the shelves at BXs (especially at deployed locations) that were giving people false positives.  If you're gonna supplement, even if it's over the counter, do the research to know the risks for drug tests.

• Reputation: +3

Good luck and let us know!

I'd like to do this.  If I do, I will definitely post the results here.

Offline mattyd987

• Posts: 1
  • Reputation: 0
Hey Headbanger51 I am an AF ANG member and I had OEP reviewed by our flight doc and had an LtCol look it's contents up and I got thumbs up on both sides.  besides caffeine and a few roots there is nothing else in this that is crazy like some of the old supplements like the old ephedra bearing or andro loaded items.  There's also no combination of ingedients that would cause us to pop and that's the big kicker that makes it hard for people like me and you to get our supplements because it's not always what supplement we are taking it can be what supplement"s" we are taking that makes us pop..sometimes taking one innocent supplement mixed with another innocent supplement can mix ingredients the right way to screw us over.  So keep doing the right thing man, ask questions as much as possible and always refer to the military docs when in doubt, sometimes you have to ask them straight out if the things you want to take will make you pop because you can run into some Dr's who just want to tell you to go all natural and just fix your diet..great advice except some of us are just using the supplements to better our health and cement our careers through what the supplements give us which is that little extra edge.  I'll step off my soap box now.  Take care Headbanger51.

Offline DJKalee

• Novice
  • Posts: 35
  • Reputation: +22
Hey Military member here, no worries about this product at all.  Nothing in both products would yield a false positive on a test looking at the chemical breakdown.  Keep this in mind as well Military drug tests like everything else in the Military are made by the lowest bidder.  I've taken many supps over the years and never had a false positive.  Even tested during an M-Drol cycle with nothing.  Keep in mind the test is a basic 5-panel screening and costs the Military very little to purchase.

Offline Erica

• Posts: 2
  • Reputation: 0
well this has got me thinking now... lol
I am in the military I leave in the beginning of June so I better look into this
because I am taking OxyElite Pro
ughhh I'm going to hate giving it up though
it's amazing
I'll talk to me recruiter and let you know what I hear
seriously, it's a great product

Offline Raptorbh12

• Global Moderator
  • Posts: 3300
  • Reputation: +2601
haha, AF pilots are on amphetamines just to stay alert on long flights and the flight docs look the other way when it comes to testing for it. All the other services it seems are very strict on the amphetamine front. Theres not much else in OTC drugs besides trace amphetamine levels that I think you could pop positive for. Sudafed and things like that can make you have a false positive because of the psuedoephedrine.
Semper Fidelis