Topic: Mass XXX. When and How to Take It  (Read 4988 times)

Offline THATDUDE

Mass XXX. When and How to Take It
« on: March 22, 2010, 08:54:01 AM »
Hey Guys. Right now I'm working out 5-6 days a week, my workouts consist of hard lifting and some cardio mixed in throughout the week. I'm currently taking Black Powder as a Pre-Workout supplement and besides that I am only taking a whey protein. I'm using the "Amplified Extreme Wheybolic 60" whey product from GNC. It has been working great for me and I've been seeing awesome gains and it is really helping build that lean muscle, as well as recovery help...I am rarely sore the day after a workout. However, I am now ready to start bulking up a little bit but still keep a cut look rather than looking like a linemen. So I decided to add the Mass XXX lean muscle gainer to my diet. The label says to take 4 scoops per serving and doesn't specify when to take it. I was just looking for some advice from you guys as to when you to take a supplement like this, how much at one time (possibly breaking the 4 scoop dosage up) and if I can still keep using my Whey Protein or if that is not such a great idea. Thanks!!!

Offline jaycon

• Locker Roommates
Re: Mass XXX. When and How to Take It
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »
Take 2 scoops in milk instead of the 4. You could just take one shake before bed at night and that will help you put on some weight while staying cut, or 2 shakes, one mid morning and one before bed, but you will gain more weight taking it that way and you might not be as cut as you want, however, i take 2 shakes a day usually and i maintain a 4 pack from what use to be a 6 but the extra weight is worth it if your trying to bulk up and push more weight.
Can't buy underwear...balls don't fit.

P-mag/M-lmg - Cycling now, loggin in the Locker Room.
http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=17016.0

My P-mag cycle - Started 2/27/11
http://www.supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=9837.0

Offline THATDUDE

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »
Thanks a lot man. That makes sense. What are your thoughts about using the Wheybolic Extreme 60 post workout as well though? Is that okay to do, or is that too much?

Offline jaycon

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:15:36 AM »
Ive never used that but i hear its a solid protein and people also cut the servings of that in half. You can take that and the mass xxx in water if you prefer but i feel the milk makes it taste better and you get extra protein and calories as well.
Can't buy underwear...balls don't fit.

P-mag/M-lmg - Cycling now, loggin in the Locker Room.
http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=17016.0

My P-mag cycle - Started 2/27/11
http://www.supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=9837.0

Offline DaHardGainer

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:25:20 PM »
I would stay away from XXX. Very high in calories, fat, and cholesterol, plus you dont get a lot of servings per tub. If you trying to bulk, i would rather try ON Pro Complex Gainer or Pro Complex.

I used XXX for three months and didnt see any gains. I switched to Pro Complex and saw gains right away. Of course everyone is different. Good luck

Offline JaRed

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:40 PM »
will this product put weight on me or muscle mostly

Offline kingmeat

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
i would use amplified mass xxx it seemed to add more muscle to me i lost fat while on it and added 7 pounds. but you have to lift heavy and cardio to keep some of the fat off.

Offline SoulMonkey

• Senior Members
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »
Your overall calories are what matters. Weight Gainer shakes only make you gain weight because they are so heavily caloric. Heck, I got a sample of some by Universal which are 200 calories a pop which is just 1/4 the usual serving size, and I used 'em as a meal replacement in a pitch in the mornings whenever I wake up late because I had to do overtime the night before. Now, you should only split these up to your caloric needs. If you are eating the calories you need to "bulk", then don't bother with a weight gainer since it'll just make you fatter, faster. This one you are taking is 750 calories, which is a lot to add onto your normal diet and to consume that much food plus your usual diet would be quite expensive and time consuming. You should do this as a meal replacement or add-on, but if you can eat real food, then eat real food.

if you want, do lots and lots of almonds since they are mostly fat and thus, are highly caloric. No "protein powder" will give you steroid results like you see in the ads.