Topic: Body By VI (Visalus) & MLM Scam!  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Malaka10

• Locker Roommates
Body By VI (Visalus) & MLM Scam!
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »
Everyone please read and dont fall for this poo!

"I happened to stumble across some pretty disturbing information about MLMs and specifically Visalus earlier tonight and wanted to post this info to get feedback. I am not tied to Vi, at all, but I have been approached by many people in the last 6 or so months and have told them I have no interest in it. I do, however, have some friends that do it and they have BMWs and have raved about how great the whole thing is.

Then I found out the real deal about the BMWs and the "checks" they hold for pictures that are used for marketing purposes. Yikes ...."

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/

http://www.financialindustryscam.com/mlm.htm

Offline lindskogm

• Senior Members
Re: Body By VI (Visalus) & MLM Scam!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »
I think it's a scam. I see this junk everywhere. The protein shakes are filled with soy which is neither good for males and females and I'm pretty sure there are other fillers used. A guy trying to get me to join his team kept telling me to join and I would be driving a BMW very soon. Haha. It's been at least 4-5 months and he still doesn't have a BMW and he has made a total of $50. Wow! Sounds like a really awesome company to work for. Cult?

Offline shinndigg

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Visalus is a total scam and a totally shady and underhanded company. It's hard to pull up any info about how deviantely evil this company is because they have a department of their company whose sole purpose is to suppress and rid of bad reviews on google, bing, any search engine. They basically have their own "troll" department.

secretentourage.com/entrepreneur/business/visalus-sciences-scam/

^ My personal favorite example of this, just ready the comments and behold the scumminess of this "company".
"Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there." -Bo Jackson

"Straight cash homie" -Randy Moss

"There is no 'I' in team, but there's an 'I' in win." -Michael Jordan

Offline lava135

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »
I've always hated these Fitness MLM companies.  Years ago I used to buy a little known product called Frequensea - basically marine phytoplankton and it was just a kick-ass supplement.  And the company was what you would expect from a bunch of ex-hippie eco-farmers out in the Pacific Northwest - lousy marketing, terrible website, laughable invoices, etc.  But the product rocked.  Then they either got bought out or something happened because they switched to a glossy MLM company, complete with about a gazillion other health items.  I used to have to argue on the phone "No, I don't want to sign up my friends, No, I don't want 24k Gold organic chocolate, I just want to purchase Frequensea for my own personal use...."  Finally I think they changed the formula to make it more tasty to a mass market and I stopped seeing the same results from taking it so I just stopped ordering.  I freakin hate MLM.
"Luck is the last dying chance of those that wish to believe that winning can happen by accident.  Sweat, on the other hand, are for those who know it's a choice."  Author Unknown

"You can't re-rack life."  Dom Mazetti

Offline Malaka10

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
Agreed with everyone. The worst part is that lots of young people and people looking to get in shape are falling for this. Its really sad how they are being scammed. I have two "acquaintances" from high school that both do this and I posted this exact stuff on their FB asking them to please stop with their postings of Body BY VI Bullpoo and what not.