Topic: How much milk thistle to take while on cycle  (Read 7087 times)

Offline GotLift1691

• Locker Roommates
How much milk thistle to take while on cycle
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
When I was home this past weekend for a few days in between moving from one apartment to the next I stopped into my local supp shop to look around and low and behold they had a huge selection of PHs. THe best part of this was that they had CELs P-mag and it was on sale for 30 dollars a bottle. So I grabbed three.

I originally came to this site to ask questions about PHs and to prep for my first cycle. I now have the PH on hand and have a few other of my support supps on hand and some stuff for my p.c.t. ready.

My one question that I have left is in regards to milk thistle. I have read a lot and seen a lot about milk thistle and of course opinions vary all across the web so i'll ask the SR community because I trust you guys more than some random article.

How much milk thistle should I take while on a P-mag cycle? I plan on running 50/75/75/75/100/125

How much milk thistle should I take daily? And should I increase milk thistle as I increase p-mag dosage or is there a point of diminishing returns?
R.A.F   Respectable as foo

The Bigger the Bro, The Better his Science

Ten sets of ten, Six days a week

Train like a Beast, Eat like a Pig, Sleep like a cat, Grow like a tree

Offline bhurd

• Locker Roommates
Re: How much milk thistle to take while on cycle
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »
Honestly bro, you're better off using a cycle assist. Preload it 2 weeks before running your PH. Then take the dose of the PH as you listed per week. Cycle assist is i think 4 caps 2x a day. That is all you'll need throughout your PH cycle.

Then as you finish the PH, start your SERM the very next day.

It'll look like this.

PH (first thing in the morning)
Cycle Assist 4caps (first thing in the morning) some use their cycle assist a couple hours after the PH, but It doesn't make a huge diff

4-5 hours later
PH
Cycle Assist 4 caps.

Plus you'll get added benefits of using a cycle assist opposed to just milk thistle.

Milk thistle is only a liver support, as where Cycle Assist supports mutiple things throughout the body (research it). You can grab some CEL Cycle Assist on amazon for about $30 bucks.

-Train Insane Or Remain The Same-

-The Body Achieves What The Mind Conceives-

A River Cuts Through A Rock Not Because Of How Powerful It Is, But Because Of It's Persistence.

-Train your MUSCLES, not your EGO.

Offline gabem10

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:41 AM »
^^^ I agree. Cycle assist has enough milk thistle in it. Of course it wont hurt to take extra, but you're perfectly fine with the cycle assist. I'm currently on a cycle of halo-plex and I thought about adding milk thistle. I just stuck with the Cycle assist and preloaded.
Take Big Risks

Offline AS79

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
Why run p-mag when Mechabol is already the steroid it converts to?
LGI Supplements Rep

Offline thinisin

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
just use the CA. there is a reason CA is so popular. It works. Too much milk thistle can supposedly damper the effectiveness of Ph's. Alos, Mechabol>pmag.
"And they hereby will be called the Thinites"

Offline GotLift1691

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »
Yeah I ended up going with P-mag because it was highly recommended, CEL is a good company, and my local supp shop had P-Mag on sale so I went with that. I will be getting cycle assist but was wondering about the milk thistle content in it, underdosed or overdosed. Just trying to be safe ya know.

Offline bhurd

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »
nah man its neither one of those (under or over) its just right. just get that, you may need some taurine (6-9g per dose) and you should be good to go brother, we wouldn't direct you wrong on here promise  8)

A River Cuts Through A Rock Not Because Of How Powerful It Is, But Because Of It's Persistence.

Offline GotLift1691

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »
I've learned alot on this site and def owe a few more plus reps to some of the elders here for setting me straight. I was asking because when I bought my p-mag my friend also bought three and he started his cycle right away (last sunday). He bought a product called Super Milk Thistle by Enzymatic Therapy. This is why I asked about milk thistle and to protect myself but I figured cycle assist would be spot on, just making sure.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?sugexp=chrome,mod%3D9&q=super+milk+thistle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14107936308549949592&sa=X&ei=iGC0T-79J8L06AH_o6AF&ved=0CM8BEPMCMAA

He is not even a week into his cycle and called me up saying he feels like he is having an anxiety attack but it is mild and last all day. I was thinking 1.) he needs to get his support supps together, but thats liver not anxiety, 2.) needs to drink more, and 3.) needs to eat more.

Anyone have any other opinions on this matter.

Offline bhurd

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
if hes on the SERM portion of his cycle then, its normal as it is one of the sides.

If it's on the PH. Dont want to say and give you false info, because I would need more specifics on him in genereal and I dont want to guess. Maybe somebody else on here has an idea thats will to throw out.

Offline GotLift1691

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »
he is 6'1" 185lbs and taking 75mgs for his first week of cycle after two days at 50mgs. I only talked to him briefly but he said he felt like he was having a panic attack but it was more mild and lasted all day. He has been lifting longer than I have and is in better shape.

I might pm virtus about this because he is a smart man, but he said he felt it in his chest. No problems with dizzyness or shortness of breathe, just felt this weird feeling in his chest.

Which had me wondering because most guys reported that they diddnt see the effects of P-mag until about week three, so how long does it take before the side effects are possible? if the effects take up to 3 weeks?

Offline bhurd

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »
I think hittin Virtus up would be your best bet. I dont want to give out bad information to anyone because I am not 100% sure on that. sorry bro.

Offline GotLift1691

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
NO worries man I hear ya on that haha. Thats what I told him "dude im not a doctor"

Offline adams123

• Senior Members
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
Milk Thistle is great for the liver obviously but I would definitely look into Himalaya LiverCare as well.