Topic: Got Scammed from Labgenix Extreme Muscle Pro  (Read 49916 times)

Offline workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
Got Scammed from Labgenix Extreme Muscle Pro
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »
I saw this ad on Facebook and I clicked on it. Here was the website http://trial.xtrememusclepro.com/ The company is called Labgenix and the product they were selling on there was called Extreme Muscle Pro. This was a bottle of pills they send you. All I had to do was pay the shipping cost and they send you a free bottle of this stuff to try out. They say on their website site they only had a limited quanity to send out.

I just got the stuff in the mail and I was searching on google to try and find out some more stuff about this product. One of my searches that came up happen to be a page that had their terms & conditions listed on it. Here is the site I found http://xtrememusclepro.com/privacy.html I decided I woud read some of it and as I was scrolling down the page I happen to see something that really upset me a lot. Shipping cost ($4.95) was all you had to pay for the first 14 days and if you did not want this product anymore you had to let them know before the 14 day trial period (is what they called it) was over or you would then be charge for the full bottle which was $75.95. They would keep billing you ($75.95) a new bottle of this stuff each month unless you called them to stop it. After three months then they would only charge you $45.95 instead since then you would be a loayal customer.

I call them right away after I saw this and talked to a gal. This company was located in San Diego, CA. She said I would have to send the bottle back and put this long number she gave me on the package. After reading this I happen to be looking at the brochure they gave me and on the back it had the terms & conditions listed also and said the same thing.

The gal said the 14 day trial period starts the day they ship this to you. I was pretty upset after calling them so I went straight to the post office so I could get this mailed out right away. The gal at the post office asked me if this needed to be sent out express or 2 to 3 days or 3-5 days. I went with the 2-3 day shipping to make sure they get it right away. It cost me $6.05 to ship this back to the company. I really hope this takes care of my problem and don't get charged for a bottle of this stuff. From what I was seeing on the label it looked like it would be a good product worth trying but not for the price they were going to charge for it.  

I am usually really good about not ordering from websites that have really good deals like this. No where on thier website would have made me think to look at the terms and condition part. If I would not have searched for this on google I most likely would never have seen this and would have been charged for this. I am so glad I caught this before the 14 days where up. I think this site should be taken down right away and not allowed to sell this. I think this was pretty bad by the way they trick people into buying this stuff and not letting you know you will be charge later if you don't respond back right away if you don't want it. I know now that if it is not from a real supplement company that sells lots of stuff I will not order from them again. I am not going to fall for this again. Not happy at all.  
There will be PAIN there will be SUFFERING but where OTHERS FALL I will continue TO RISE.

Offline Abandoned

• Banned Doods
Re: Got Scammed from this supplement company.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

For future reference use the paypal 1 time credit card feature,it gives the number only to be charged that one time,they try and charge the number again it doesnt exist.
Strung out hookers everywhere, have a picnic feed the bears, now nobody even cares In the new America, Nothing in this worlds for free cause everything belongs to me

Offline workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »
Abandoned Thanks for the heads up. I am just really upset I fell for this scam. I know better than to do something stupid like this. I learned my lesson this time and I know I wont make this mistake again.
There will be PAIN there will be SUFFERING but where OTHERS FALL I will continue TO RISE.

Offline Guitarist12

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
Wow that's just shady. It's just unfortunate how many people/companies that are out there just trying to make quick cash. Hope everything works out and thanks for the heads up on this company.

Offline SINCLAIR

• Senior Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:25:31 AM »
I did the same thing 3 years ago... Signed up for some stuff online and found out it was a complete scam! I called and called for weeks to make sure my name was off every billing list they had, but I kept getting phone calls after phone calls about their products and services... I had to change all my credit card numbers. Lesson learned.
Pain is only temporary... What you feel now, you won't feel in an hour

Offline admin

• Administrator
Re: Got Scammed from Labgenix Extreme Muscle Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »
This is actually one of the reasons that I started this site.  Companies like this who are taking advantage of consumers.

Force Factor does this.  It's called Re-Bill.  It's a huge scam and I firmly believe that this type of subscription billing should be completely illegal.

Hopefully other people will google this product, find this thread and avoid this product in the future.
- Tommy

Offline Durden998

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 07:59:30 AM »
It doesnt need to be illegal people just need to be smarter
Fear not the army of wolves led by the sheep
Fear the army of sheep led by the wolf

Offline workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
I understand people should be smart enough to know not to ordered from these kind of websites but not all people are smart enough. Sometimes you have to have a mistake happen by accident so you can learn from it. These kind of site should not be allowed. This is a really bad and sneaky way of suckering people into buying their products. I am pretty sure most people who go to this site would in no way really think to look at the terms and conditions part. Thankfully when I searched for this stuff I happened to come across this terms & conditions page. It's just plain stupid they let these kind of websites get away with this kind of stuff. If their product is as good as they say it is then they should be more than willing to be up front about it instead of trying to be sneaking and hide the cost part.

I would really like to know how many other people were suckered into buying this stuff. When the people who did buy this stuff I wonder how many of them knew about the terms & condition part and that if they don't respond back in the 14 days saying you don't want this stuff then they get charged for a full bottle which is not very cheap. Then they keep billing you another free bottle each month at this real high over priced cost. 

Offline Durden998

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »
It should be allowed especially when its written in plain sight for you to read. People need to take responibility for their mistakes, you didnt read the fine print thats your fault. More hand holding is not what we need, instead we need people to smarten up a bit

Offline workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
Why should this kind of thing be allowed weather or not you see the fine print before you order it. This is still just a really poor way to sell your products. By trying to trick people into buying their product and hope they don't read the fine print and get suckered into buying it is pretty low I think. Be straight up and honest and trustworthy with the customer and don't try to be sneaky about it. Maybe the product is not very good if this is the only way they can sell this. I really hope this website gets shut down and can't make it anymore. I am sure this is just one of the many other sites out there that is doing the same thing.

Offline Durden998

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
Well they do it like that because I'm sure the product sucks and they have to con you into buying it. Its a poor way to sell a product but a good way to make money. You're a grown person you shouldnt need someone to hold your hand to know that this was a scam, its darwinism at its finest.

Offline RichMyers

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
It was this same cheap tactic, that had Enzyte in court, with hundreds of lawsuits.
Most problems in lifting can be solved by either pulling harder, or pushing harder.

Offline workoutguru

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »
We are all human and we all make mistakes no matter what age you are. I am not saying all mistakes we make are ok but we need to learn from them so we don't keep making the same mistake. No one is perferct and we all make mistakes. This was an honest mistake I made by ordering this stuff and I learned to be more carefull from now on when ordering stuff. Not everything is clear cut and dry to the point that you know 100% something is or is not a scam. It can be real easy to miss stuff at times even when you full check out the product. This was something I missed and I am dealing with it right now. I know I wont be making this mistake again.

Offline Durden998

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
When we make mistakes we sometimes have to pay for those mistakes(sometimes we pay from the wallet other times we pay a different way). The last thing we need is the gov stepping in to regulate more things, this is the problem with this country nobody wants to stand up and say "I fooed up" and take what comes with fooing up instead they want the gov to step in and make something illegal or stop people from doing certain things. Bottom line is you fooed up and now your wallet is lighter because of it. If you in fact learn from the mistake then it was worth it

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08:54 AM »
I have a friend that pushes offers like these as an affiliate.  He testifies that if you have HUGE letters saying:

You Will Be Charged $70/month by Signing Up!

The conversions will drop to ZERO.

You're not running a legit business.  Nobody actually wants to sign up for supplements at $70/month.

This is a dishonest business model.  These people are intentionally trying to hide information from the consumer.

VISA is what should step in and make it WAY harder to do subscription billing.
- Tommy