Topic: Weight Loss Suppliments/Thermogenics that are safe with high blood pressure?  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Gina

• Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Reputation: +1
Hello!

I will start by admitting that I have been unsafely taking weight loss suppliments and thermogenics for the last 8 years or so.   I have boarderline high blood pressure but still thought that the risk was worth it to stay slimer.

I am happy to say that since the beginning of 2012, I have not taken any fat burners, thermogenics, etc and my blood pressure has improved to 125/80.  Having said that I also gained weight.  I was at ~135 last summer and now am around 145/150.  I eat very well and work out 4-5 days a week but am failing to see results and would like to figure out how I can safely find some help to trim down.

Can anyone suggest anything that I can combine with my workout that will help me to lose 15-20 lbs safely?  I cannot take anything that will increase my blood pressure.  It is just getting very frustrating to not see any results.  Any advice is much appreciated!  I know they are out there but I am hoping that eveyone can help me figure out which ones work best!!

Offline Jpotter21

• Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
  • Posts: 1456
  • Reputation: +1493
I would honestly look more into your diet and cardio. Reason being, your diet has to have some issues. If you were on Fat Burners for 8 years, and as soon as you got off you put on 20 pounds, most likely their is a flaw somewhere in your diet. Another big one is how much cardio are you doing? What does your training look like? Before looking into another fat burner, stim or no stim you need to work on other things first. Hope this helps.
'It is rarely seen and probably misunderstood.My work has been invisible to the working masses I will now join. There is no one to cheer my performance or to console me in my failure. There are no spectators or judges, scoreboards or buzzers. It is a work done in isolation for a party of one."

Offline dmq777

• Locker Roommates
  • Posts: 149
  • Reputation: +150
If you want to lose weight then diet should be the main thing you should be keeping an eye on.  I would say to use a small calorie deficit, around 20% below your maintenance level, and to keep your lean muscle at all costs.  It's really not all about total weight, but body composition; lean muscle will help you burn fat by it just being there in the long run.  So definitely add in a good 3 days of weight training if you are not doing so already.  Fat burners will only do so much; I go by the rule of thumb of: results=60% nutrition 30% exercise and 10% drugs.  Good luck Gina!
"A guy started at Fight Club, his ass was a wad of cookie dough, after a few weeks he was carved out of wood"