Author Topic: GNC Employees Beware(stupid title had to be 30 characters)  (Read 10774 times)

bigworm89

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +802/-152
Re: GNC Employees Beware(stupid title had to be 30 characters)
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »
I think SR should post this whole ordeal on Facebook, that way more people can see. If plenty of people "like" it or share it, maybe GNC will stop there poo!
Why do all Chinese people look alike?

AlphandOmega

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +99/-17
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
On this site we have had the fortune of having many good reps. We've also had our share of bad ones and many incidents of companies ruining their reputation almost indefinitely.

If the GNC rat is looking at this, please know that your company is already a huge skid mark on the underpants on the bodybuilding community that won't wash off. It even seems to grow even though the internet supplement industry is ever expanding. I know you think you're just doing your job. But in all honesty what has happened thus far with your company really reflects on how you treat and acknowledge your employees and your customers. Just because your company has been around for more then 70 years isn't worth a damn in anyone's eyes anymore. General Motors and Chrysler, all those bank and insurance companies pulled the same kind of total disregard of ethics, customer, and employee relations your company does and look what happened to them. They nearly burned themselves to the ground from the inside out and were only saved by our government. I already had my doubt on the integrity of the GNC higher ups from being an ex-employee.

And if you want to really know, I was fired. I walked in the day before I was leaving for vacation. Worked a 4 hour shift with my manager, and when I clocked out she told me that her and my RSD had talked and had decided to let me go. Gave her my key and walked out.

"Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we."-Lee Haney

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker..."-Ronald Reagan

AlphandOmega

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »
Well it seems that I got negged since just putting up my last post. HHHHHmmmmm.

P.S All GNC employees if you practice what you preach, I mean no offense to you. I know it's just your job.

However, giving veteran employees the axe for trading samples given to them by third party companies is in no shape or form any kind of real loss prevention.  But hey I guess it's just like how GNC stores nation wide throw away expired goods every month.  ;)
I got a bottle of USP Labs Prime handed to me for free by one of their company reps that was visting my store and gave it away. Maybe that's why I was fired?
"Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we."-Lee Haney

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker..."-Ronald Reagan

bigworm89

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +802/-152
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
Hmm, ive talked some poo about GNC in this thread, but i haven't gotten neg'd. NEG ME YOU fooING cat!!!!
Why do all Chinese people look alike?

Clipper83

• Expert Reviewer, Stim-Junkie
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +185/-28
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
I Work at gnc myself, after all the stories I have heard, I am just expecting to get fired at this point haha.
foo L.Ron Hubbard and foo all his clones.
foo all these gun-toting hip gangster wannabes.
foo retro anything, foo your tattoos.
foo all you junkies and foo your short memory.

pintado

• Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +2/-1
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
If GNC is that bad in the U.S. just imagine how worse it is here in the Philippines!
I'd rather get caught in a triangle choke while being punched in the face than  do another laundry again!

averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +84/-31
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »
As a former employee of GNC who left on good terms to work somewhere else, it's tough for me to say anything negative about the company. My RSD was extremely knowledgable about supplements and wellness in general and went above and beyond to help all the managers in his region out. All the negative things I would hear on this site about GNC and GNC employees was foreign to me, because our region was always putting people 1st, not the KPI's. That being said not just GNC, but ALL big companies are looking at forum's and message boards and trying to find out if any of there employees are saying negative things about them, and why shouldn't they? If you ran a business and one of your employees was talking poo about your store, wouldn't you want to get rid of them? I certainly would, because if they do it on the internet, whose to say they aren't also doing it in the stores. People seem to think they can be anonymous on the internet, but w/ social media like FB and Twitter, that's just not the case anymore.

To the guy who looks through message board's for employees saying negative things about GNC, he is just doing his job. Is it a pooty job? Yup, but it beats not working, which is what a lot of people in this country are doing. If you have beef w/ GNC, the best thing you can do to show them is to just shop somewhere else (which most of you people do). Even walking in to a store and buying a RTD or bar or markdown product is still giving GNC money, which is exactly what they want. I know you hear about GC % and P3 % and the sort, but at the end of the day, the people at the very top care about one thing, $$$ in the drawer.
Jacob from USP Labs has successfully synthesized real Unicorn blood and turned it into supplement form, it's called Pink Magic

Blade410

• Global Moderator, Expert Reviewer
  • Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +441/-348
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
As a former employee of GNC who left on good terms to work somewhere else, it's tough for me to say anything negative about the company. My RSD was extremely knowledgable about supplements and wellness in general and went above and beyond to help all the managers in his region out. All the negative things I would hear on this site about GNC and GNC employees was foreign to me, because our region was always putting people 1st, not the KPI's. That being said not just GNC, but ALL big companies are looking at forum's and message boards and trying to find out if any of there employees are saying negative things about them, and why shouldn't they? If you ran a business and one of your employees was talking poo about your store, wouldn't you want to get rid of them? I certainly would, because if they do it on the internet, whose to say they aren't also doing it in the stores. People seem to think they can be anonymous on the internet, but w/ social media like FB and Twitter, that's just not the case anymore.

To the guy who looks through message board's for employees saying negative things about GNC, he is just doing his job. Is it a pooty job? Yup, but it beats not working, which is what a lot of people in this country are doing. If you have beef w/ GNC, the best thing you can do to show them is to just shop somewhere else (which most of you people do). Even walking in to a store and buying a RTD or bar or markdown product is still giving GNC money, which is exactly what they want. I know you hear about GC % and P3 % and the sort, but at the end of the day, the people at the very top care about one thing, $$$ in the drawer.

How much value does it provide the company to have someone troll a forum looking for someone saying slightly disparaging remarks about them.  I hardly think the value outweighs the cost.  Give me break dude.
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

You have to fall in love with the pain if you ever want to say hello to the growth.

averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »
Does anyone know who was fired and what they said to get them fired?
Jacob from USP Labs has successfully synthesized real Unicorn blood and turned it into supplement form, it's called Pink Magic

averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »

How much value does it provide the company to have someone troll a forum looking for someone saying slightly disparaging remarks about them.  I hardly think the value outweighs the cost.  Give me break dude.

I was asked to throw my 2 cents in, so I did. If you don't agree w/ it, that's fine by me, but the truth is it happens all the time, whether you realize it or now.

Durden998

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +605/-393
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 02:40:14 PM »
I believe he was trying to trade some samples he was given at his store in the buy/trade section
Fear not the army of wolves led by the sheep
Fear the army of sheep led by the wolf

averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
I believe he was trying to trade some samples he was given at his store in the buy/trade section

I believe company policy forbids employees from reselling products through other means. You can't buy things with your discount then turn around and sell them on sites like this or eBay. It puts you in competition with the company you work for. Every company would fire someone for that, not just GNC.

chefneilde

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
  • Forum Rep: +477/-68
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »

I believe company policy forbids employees from reselling products through other means. You can't buy things with your discount then turn around and sell them on sites like this or eBay. It puts you in competition with the company you work for. Every company would fire someone for that, not just GNC.

That's not the point. 
He is one of us & you must be one of them.
If fish oil and squats won't cure it, you’re probably going to die
Sometimes the light is shining on me, other times I can barely see.
Everyday is Independence Day

AlphandOmega

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »

He didn't buy any of the products.

averagejoe98

• Locker Roommates
  • Senior Members
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »

He didn't buy any of the products.

Doesn't matter. By reselling something that GNC would sell, he violated company policy. If he tried to sell samples, he put himself in a position to be fired. That's his fault.