Topic: What is everyone's opinion about the new Blox Amino Acids from BPI?  (Read 36991 times)

Offline Joshuaco

• Posts: 1099
  • Reputation: +287
Now you can buy Blox with the insider's link from BPI's website.

They include the almighty silk amino acids..

BPI's description
SAAs -- the perfect protein that you've never heard of ...
What exactly are SAAs?

SAAs (Silk Amino Acids) are a remarkable and innovative Amino Acid Sequence just recently discovered by a bold team of scientists. You see, SAAs are a chain of eighteen plus particular amino acids -- but, itís not so much the eighteen that researchers found to be of greatest import Ö itís five -- yes, five -- in a precise sequence and precise ratio that matter! And, when these five SAAs are in this precise sequence and precise ratio Ö itís like turning on football stadium lights in pitch black darkness!!!

This Exact Sequenced Composition And Precise Ratio produces optimal pro-anabolic results!

SAAs: more muscle, more stamina, more testosterone boosting...

A recent animal study,[21] found that when exercising mice were given three different doses of silk amino acids for 44 days, the mice experienced:
Improved exercise performance

SAA fed mice exercised more than twice as long as mice not fed SAAs (28 minutes vs 13 minutes)

In terms of absolute improvement in exercise performance, SAAs produced improvements that were six times greater than that seen with just exercise (18 minute increase compared to 3 minute increase)
Eliminated the increase in blood lactate levels (which were significantly increased with just exercise)

Eliminated the increase in muscle oxidation (which was also significantly increased with just exercise)

Maintained blood glucose levels (vs being significantly lowered in exercising mice)

Increased muscle glycogen and liver glycogen (compared to exercise alone)

Increased testosterone levels (64% increase vs 36% reduction in exercise group; in absolute terms, blood testosterone levels that were 2.6 times higher in SAAs group compared to exercise group)

Reduced cortisol (140% increase in cortisol in exercising group while no significant increase was seen when SAAs were given)

Increased anabolic ratio (4-fold higher anabolic ratio; ie, the testosterone to cortisol ratio compared to mice not receiving any)

Increased muscle size (16% increase with high-dose)

Although the results from the animal trial described above are very interesting, human data is still needed, including how silk amino acids compare to other sources of amino acids, whether they be free-form amino acids, other sources of protein hydrolysates or proteins themselves.
(Yeah I used Wikipedia, sue me)

I am sure alot of people on here have heard of them but does anybody really believe they will be much different from Modern BCAAs, Xtend, etc?
Trapz a Make her dance

Follow My Crossfit Post-Open Log with AD-3 PCT

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
Now you can buy Blox with the insider's link from BPI's website.

They include the almighty silk amino acids..

BPI's description
SAAs -- the perfect protein that you've never heard of ...
What exactly are SAAs?

SAAs: more muscle, more stamina, more testosterone boosting...

Improved exercise performance

Increased muscle glycogen and liver glycogen (compared to exercise alone)

Increased muscle size (16% increase with high-dose)

(Yeah I used Wikipedia, sue me)

They used the same type of advertising poo when A50 and A-hd came out. BPI has really just let them selves grow into a fat slob money grummy worthless company imo. The original 1MR was awesome but after they reformulated it, it was never the same. As far as I know SAA are used in stuff like shampoo. I def would not dish out like 50 bucks for any of their products especially this. N'gage and Purple Wraath and my personal favorites. ::)
"Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we."-Lee Haney

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker..."-Ronald Reagan

Offline Joshuaco

• Posts: 1099
  • Reputation: +287
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »
Yeah on the site it was 1 blox, 1mr t-shirt and 3 sample 1mr packets for 49.99$. I was shocked by how expensive it was even for an "insider" lol
Trapz a Make her dance

Follow My Crossfit Post-Open Log with AD-3 PCT

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
Yep that sounds like the BPI I know and hate.

Offline mytherner

• Posts: 157
  • Reputation: +16
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
yeah, no, I'll believe it when I see so independent reviews.
those who believe the masters have something they do not, will often find that  belief true.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »

here's the actual study: (no credit to me. This is a copy and paste)

Korean researchers published in Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin.

The researchers, working for Chungbuk National University and Worldway manufacturer, gave male mice a daily preparation containing hydrolyzed silk proteins. The preparation, produced by Worldway [www.worldway.co.kr], consisted of 34 percent alanine, 27 percent glycine, 10 percent serine, 3 percent valine and 2 percent threonine. Most hydrolyzed silk peptides consist of a chain of 18-19 amino acids, so this is probably true of the preparation that the researchers tested. The mice were given doses of 50, 160 or 500 mg/kg silk proteins dissolved in water.
Half an hour after administration, the animals were made to swim for 30 minutes. A control group was given only water, but also made to swim.
On days 14, 18, 28 and 42 a weight was attached to the miceís tail and they had to swim to the point of exhaustion. The mice that had been given Silk Amino Acids held out for considerably longer than the mice in the control group.

After 44 days the Koreans measured the concentrations of cortisone [the inactive analogue of cortisol] and testosterone in the miceís blood, after a 30-minute swimming session. The swimming reduced the testosterone level in the control group mice, but in the mice that had had Silk Amino Acids it had risen. The effect was particularly noticeable at low doses.

When the Koreans examined the body composition of the mice after 44 days, they noticed that the Silk Amino Acids had increased the muscle mass.

As far as we can tell from the study, the mechanism behind the performance-enhancing effect is two-pronged. To start with, Silk Amino Acids protect the muscles against damage from radicals that arise from physical exertion. The researchers measured the amount of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances [TBARS] in the calf muscle. TBARS arise when radicals attack the fatty acids in membranes. The table below shows mg TBARS/gram tissue after 44 days.

Another mechanism is that the Silk Amino Acids boost the production of glycogen in the liver and the muscles.

The researchers used daily doses of 50, 160 and 500 mg/kg. For an athlete weighing 85 kg that amounts to 4.3, 13.6 or 42.5 g Silk Amino Acids per day. Fortunately rodentsí metabolism is about ten times higher than that of humans, so you can comfortably divide the dosages by 10.
I am the director of the largest non-profit anti-obesity eugenics program in the world

I belong to an indigenous tribe that mainstream society does not understand, we are made up of sorcerers, zombie deadlifters, and research rats... we are the L.R.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
From what I understand is that since BCAA's are naturally hydrophobic, silk amino acids are Supposed to be hydrophilic.

So, in theory silk amino acids are technically significantly more absorbable but who knows.

Is it worth 50 bucks? Pends on the difference of the absorption rate as compared to other forms of BCAA's.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

That article was a good find rep+. But I will stick with my ajiipure aminos until something comes along that is clinically proven to be better in humans.

Offline Momo1

• Posts: 599
  • Reputation: +728
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 06:31:50 AM »
Hey gang, for those who want to try this out and not break the bank, TF Supplements is selling it for 29.99; check out the link below

Looks like it's a pre-sale!
Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately

Offline line6reed

• Blue collar trainer
  • Expert Reviewers
  • Posts: 1739
  • Reputation: +2301
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »
Im curios to know about this stuff also i would never pay 30 bucks for some aminos thats a fresh tub of whey. I did research and read that saa are in hair shampoo im trying to grow muscles not hair but if anyone has info on this product id love to hear about it
Blah blah blah

Offline AngieW5361

• Posts: 162
  • Reputation: +98
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
Great article, but I wish they compared side by side with regular BCAA instead of just water.. We just got this yesterday and am considering giving it a try.

Offline glasswars

• Posts: 188
  • Reputation: +141
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »
Meh, not sure how I feel.. really expensive for the serving amount. I think I'll just stick to getting my huge tub of BCAA's once every 2/3 months and be happy with that considering it gives me 15grams worth of BCAA's a day for 60 bucks.
Well I'm a bitter man but I can still tell you who's in the wrong. I can't wait to turn my back on everyone, cause there's no more room at the top.

Offline tara

• Newbie
  • Posts: 7
  • Reputation: 0
Just curious
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
I hace been working out since may n its almost been a year abd i have hardly any results, i was already skinny well what they like to say is skinny fat. I take only fish oil and 100% optimun iso whey and a regular womens multivitamin..I have had 2 kids and and two c-sections and its hard to loose the lil stubborn fat in my flanks and around my lats, plus my arms although people say i look good n cant tell i have kids i dont like my results, i have a four pack but u can barely see it..what supement routine should i take as far as pre n post n multivitamibs and whatever else is vital..someone please help im at a stand still..

Re: Just curious
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »

your better off posting this as a new thread on the site instead of posting a reply under BCAA discussion.

Offline buda12345

• Posts: 163
  • Reputation: +3
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »
I've been drinking axe shampoo and the girls r swinging from my jock, much cheaper.
The only bad workout is the one you didn't do.
Do the thing you fear, and the death of fear is certain.