Topic: joint support blend - "Dr. Joints"  (Read 6973 times)

Offline chase1

• Locker Roommates
joint support blend - "Dr. Joints"
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
My buddy that owns a GNC thinks this stuff is great, but I can't find much of anything on how people like it.  I bought a bottle ($40) here are the supp. Facts:

Serving size 3 capsules. Servings per container 30
DR JOINTS BLEND: 3018mg
Glucosamine sulfate, bromelain, cetyl-myristoleate (40% producing 40mg of active cetyl-myristoleate), boswellia, chicken sternal collagen type II, chrondroitin, devil's claw exract, MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane), yucca extract.

Does it look good?
chasey's mechabol/stano-200 log--->  supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=20541.0
before pics on pg 1 . . . afters on pg 3

"abs on a skinny guy are like tits on a fat girl"

Offline nofatchix

• Locker Roommates
Re: joint support blend - "Dr. Joints"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
we sell it at my store too. it seems to be alright, but i havent heard many great things about it. i prefer instaflex. its not cheap, unless he's giving you a discount. instaflex is essentially triflex but with hyaluronic acid as well. i had really bad inflammation in my ankle. went from running a few miles a day to barely doing half a mile. 3 days on instaflex i could feel a small difference. two weeks later, my knees and shoulders felt better and there was no pain or popping in my ankle anymore. finished the full bottle (one month) 4 months ago and just been taking a fish oil every day since. nothing has come back. it's probably the only joint supp ill ever use again if i have to.
I am the director of the largest non-profit anti-obesity eugenics program in the world

I belong to an indigenous tribe that mainstream society does not understand, we are made up of sorcerers, zombie deadlifters, and research rats... we are the L.R.

R.I.P. Tsunami2k "grandfather of HSB"

Offline slysteps

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
we sell it at my store too. it seems to be alright, but i havent heard many great things about it. i prefer instaflex. its not cheap, unless he's giving you a discount. instaflex is essentially triflex but with hyaluronic acid as well. i had really bad inflammation in my ankle. went from running a few miles a day to barely doing half a mile. 3 days on instaflex i could feel a small difference. two weeks later, my knees and shoulders felt better and there was no pain or popping in my ankle anymore. finished the full bottle (one month) 4 months ago and just been taking a fish oil every day since. nothing has come back. it's probably the only joint supp ill ever use again if i have to.

are joint supports good for that popping and clicking? ive started to get that in my shoulder and it kinda kills my chest workout. and ive always kinda had it in my wrists. been wonderin bout this tho
civilize the mind but make savage the body

Offline nofatchix

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
i still have minor popping in my knee sly, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be though. i went from hearing crunching in my knee / crunching and inflammation in my ankle / popping and minor inflammation in my shoulder  before instaflex, then after instaflex i now have minor popping in my knee / NO crunching or inflammation in my ankle / no popping or inflammation in my shoulder.

they put more then just glucosamine and msm in it. they add hyaluronic acid which is good for lubrication of the joints. turmeric root which is good for inflammation, white willow bark which is natural pain reliever, cayenne and boswellia which is good for joint pain specifically. it worked wonders for me.
I am the director of the largest non-profit anti-obesity eugenics program in the world

I belong to an indigenous tribe that mainstream society does not understand, we are made up of sorcerers, zombie deadlifters, and research rats... we are the L.R.

R.I.P. Tsunami2k "grandfather of HSB"

Offline chase1

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »
Sounds good nofatchix I'll look into intraflex after this bottle. I already take fish oil too and I was thinking about adding bulk super cissus rx to it all cuz I have horrible shoulders; longhead bicep tendonitis and a mild ac joint seperation a year ago.. Feels like I'm missing a joint lol
chasey's mechabol/stano-200 log--->  supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=20541.0
before pics on pg 1 . . . afters on pg 3

"abs on a skinny guy are like tits on a fat girl"

Offline shredded2424

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:27:53 AM »
I was diagnosed with severe joint deterioration in my spine a few years back and have tried virtually EVERY single joint/ligament/cartilage supplement under the sun. This is the first time I have heard of this particular product, but indeed, it doesn't look too shabby in my humble opinion.  The ingredient of highest importance in this blend is the CMO (cetyl-myristiolate), and it looks like it has a fair amount in the blend. CMO is one of the only things I have found to help with severe arthritis, from experience, I know it is an absolutely amazing supplements for rebuilding damaged/destroyed joints and also in the maintenence of healthy joints. It is very potent, and thus quite expensive; but it is well worth every penny. The other ingredients in this blend are plenty effective in the art of joint maintenence...particulary Collagen type II and Bromelain. MSM and chondroitin are both staples in any solid joint formula. The devil's claw and boswellia are both nice additions as well, speaking from my own personal experience. I am unfamiliar with the benefits of Yucca. On paper this appears to be an above average supplement for joint maintenence/repair, however without having taken it I cannot speak on the actual effectiveness of this product. But to answer the original question, in my opinion, yes this looks like a good product no doubt.