Topic: Coffee or pre-work out in the morning  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Momo1

• Locker Roommates
Coffee or pre-work out in the morning
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:47:29 AM »
I would like to see your opinions on whether it is a good idea to substitute a pre-work in the am for Coffee.

Considering that many people cannot function without their cup of Joe first thing in the am, why not a pre-workout? Considering they both have caffeine in it, but pre-works provide an abundance of additional benefits; in some cases, the effects last longer.

I understand that many of us cycle our pre-works so we are not over stimulated and for the body’s receptors can recover from being on the fight or flight mode; coffee does the same thing, correct?

Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately

Offline AngieW5361

• Locker Roommates
Re: Coffee or pre-work out in the morning
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
Haha! I was considering this myself. I guess it depends which pre-workout? I rarely use a pre-workout anymore but considered using my Superpump Max in the morning cause it doesn't cause any beta tingles or get me going crazy.

Offline adam777

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:16:32 AM »
Usually people that make there own preworkout sometimes use a cup of black coffee, but they'll also have something like creatine, beta alanine, citrulline malate, and various other things in bulk.  Making your own preworkout can save money and make it so you can pick your favorite ingredients and not under dose them like some preworkouts.

If its just coffee and nothing else, I'd choose Pre Workout for sure.  If its a cup of black coffee, 5g beta alanine, 5g creapure, and some other goodies than I'm going that route.
Your only as big as your last set.  Stop talking about the days that you could push up weight.  Live in the now and never stop achieving - My views on lifting and getting tired of hearing people talk about the past and how much they used to be able to put up.

Offline Bressen

• Banned Doods
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
Well it is good to drink coffee in the morning. I have a simple suggestion about post workout. Try to eat fruits after your workout. Fruits are best for energy.
Bressen

Offline DrAbs

• Locker Roommates
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
i love my morning coffee & i do enjoy preworkouts.
however, unless you lift in the morning, i think having a preworkout drink in place of a morning coffee is a waste of money (coffee is considerably cheaper) & product (ingredients in preworkout other than caffeine/stims won't be used to their best potential).